[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1080: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 1273: base64_decode() has been disabled for security reasons
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
nairaland.net • View topic - why do men like light skinned girls?

why do men like light skinned girls?

Anything related to love and relationships...advice, questions, help, experiences...

Postby Richard Akindele » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:21 pm

You have a point there.
I know a few Nigerians of Indian origin.

The whole idea of a none-black being Nigerian is rather foreign to us though, considering how much Nigerians dislike whites.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby bettyboop » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:28 am

[quote]The whole idea of a none-black being Nigerian is rather foreign to us though, considering how much Nigerians dislike whites.

Tell memore didnt realise Nigerians disliked whites, this is new on me[/quote]
bettyboop
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:53 pm

If you've participated in discussions on public forums online, you'd know that the white man is seen as the devil, and that he can't be trusted.

Many blacks blame their demise on ever-present white oppression.

Also, I'm sure you've heard of cases where black parents disapprove of Interracial marriages for no apparent reason, other than the fact that their child's partner isn't black.

I'm a Nigerian, and I say color doesn't matter. If you're strong mentally, you'd be respected in any circle. Ultimately, my experience is that tribes in Nigeria are more racist toward each other than white racism against blacks.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby bettyboop » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:23 am

I see, you have a point about the tribalism though, anyway, i am a strong willed person and even if i had faced such narrow mindedness for being married to a white man, i would have stuck two fingers up at who ever.

its time black ppl do away with this blame thing. and not let history dictate how they are as a people, I personally see black ppl using this racism as an excuse to get off their backsides.
bettyboop
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Richard Akindele » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:10 pm

We need more black people with your mindset. The number one black group that uses racism as an excuse are African Americans. These people have the believe that the white man is in the way of their progress. Although that is true to a degree, America is such a diverse society that you can work really hard, stay out of trouble, and come out being a leader to the white man.

But what do you find? The truth is blacks in America hate whites so much, everything they do is anti-white. They refuse to speak proper English, they don't go to school, they give their children very strange names that leaves them vulnerable on Job applications, and so forth.

If Afro-Americans would get their act together and quit whinning about racism, blacks in America can quickly elevate their status, which would also be good for all blacks around the world.
Richard Akindele
Site Admin

Postby paul120 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:15 am

i dont know..but i think its a spontanious reaction to like a light skinned girl..

:P
paul120
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby Bradson » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:44 am

Why you think so...

Thank You
Bradson
Newbie@Nairaland

Re: why do men like light skinned girls?

Postby JordanRHughes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:01 pm

[quote="admin"]why do men like light skinned girls, what is it about light skinned women, that turns them on?[/quote]

Smaller penis for smaller women. Men with big penis don't waste their time with skinny girls...Skinny girls cry after about ten minutes...
JordanRHughes
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby necoo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 am

I find it sad that we have all bought into this twisted way of thinking, and i mean both men and women. Most men finding the light skinned woman more attractive, the instant attraction is there. Women want to change their skin tone buying into the belief that light is best. Bleaching their skin and all sorts. I am very light skinned we all are in my family, not that i am not happy with who i am far from that, but sometimes i see some Gambians, or ghanians and say i wont mind being as dark as that, that lovely lush black smooth skin, i love it. Wish all black people would love thrie colour bcos we have so many different tones, its so beautiful.
necoo
Newbie@Nairaland

Postby fw12 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:44 pm

[quote="necoo"]I find it sad that we have all bought into this twisted way of thinking, and i mean both men and women. Most men finding the light skinned woman more attractive, the instant attraction is there. Women want to change their skin tone buying into the belief that light is best. Bleaching their skin and all sorts.[/quote]

Your point is well taken. Unfortunately, it's human nature to look at differences in skin complexion. Everywhere you go in the world, it's the same behavior you'd find among people. The world is not color-blind.

[quote="necoo"] I am very light skinned we all are in my family, not that i am not happy with who i am far from that, but sometimes i see some Gambians, or ghanians and say i wont mind being as dark as that, that lovely lush black smooth skin, i love it. Wish all black people would love thrie colour bcos we have so many different tones, its so beautiful.[/quote]

You presented two contradictory statements. First you said people should be happy with their skin color. Then you went on to say that you'd have loved to have a darker tone.

You just confirmed what I said earlier, that the world is not color-blind.
fw12
Nairaland Junior

Previous

Return to Romance: Dating, Marriages and Divorces