Welcome to Nairaland.net for Nigerians and Friends of Nigeria
Nairaland RSS Feed |
- Nigeria imposes annual levy on expatriate workers BBC.com
- Nigeria detains Binance executives in cryptocurrency crackdown, FT reports
- Financial Times
- Nigeria customs confirms deaths in stampede for discounted rice CNN
- Nigerian Naira Hits Fresh Record Low Despite Jumbo Rate Hike Bloomberg
- Nigeria's union workers are on strike nationwide over soaring inflation and unmet promises The Associated Press
- Nigeria's security problems deepen as Anglophone insurgency in Cameroon spills across border The Conversation
- Many Nigerians struggle to afford food amid record inflation DW (English)
- Nigeria’s Yemi Kale picks up baton as Afreximbank chief economist The Africa Report
- Activists urge Nigeria to delay Shell's $2.4 billion sale of assets in deeply polluted Niger Delta The Associated Press
- Nigeria detains US and British Binance staff as authorities probe market manipulation DLNews
- Watch: The eco-entrepreneur sparking the electric vehicle revolution in Nigeria Euronews
- Africa Live: Meningitis outbreak kills 17 students in Nigeria BBC.com
- Nigeria raises interest rates to 22.75% in first meeting since July Financial Times
- Nigeria Delivers Jumbo Rate Hike to Aid Its Battered Naira Bloomberg
- Nigeria unveils big rate hike as hardship prompts worker protests Reuters
- Has Binance been banned in Nigeria: Why Nigeria government detain Binance executives over cryptocurrency trading, wetin be Binance p2p BBC.com
- How Disney teamed with Kugali on 'Iwájú' to bring sci-fi Nigeria to life Mashable
- Paris 2024: Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia to contest Paris 2024 spots CAFOnline.com
- Nigeria Springs Record Rate Hike in Bid to Restore Naira Trust Bloomberg
- Nigerian central bank head criticizes Binance, execs reportedly arrested Cointelegraph
- Inside story of Binance executives' detention in Nigeria Business Insider Africa
- Binance drops Nigerian naira from P2P platform amid forex manipulation concerns CryptoSlate
- Top 5 products Nigeria exported to the UK in 2023 Business Insider Africa
- Read about 3 new, 16 reorganized stakes around the world — from Nevada to Nigeria Church News
- Here's how much Nigeria made from selling refined oil to the UK Business Insider Africa
- I take full responsibility, Nigeria will recover – Tinubu Punch Newspapers
- Two Binance executives arrested in Nigeria Techpoint Africa
- Iwájú: Nigerian Disney show flawed but delightful BBC
- Nigeria: Helix Energy Bags Deepwater Well Intervention Contract Energy Capital & Power
- Nigeria has Imposed a Mandatory Annual Levy for Organisations Employing Expatriate Workers Africa.com
- Nigeria edge Rwanda in nervy cricket clash Punch Newspapers
- Nigeria Gets 60% Of AfreximBank’s $30bn Investment In Oil and Gas In Africa Arise News
- Breaking: Binance Senior Executives Arrested in Nigeria BeInCrypto
- Nigeria's central bank raises interest rate to 22.75% to tame inflation Business Insider Africa
- 10 countries with the highest foreign investment into Nigeria Business Insider Africa
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside details of how Nigerian govt detained Binance executives Premium Times
- Investors cautiously welcome Nigeria's big rate hike ZAWYA
- Over $26 billion passed through Binance Nigeria from unknown sources- Cardoso Business Insider Africa
- Remotely controlled well completion operation wraps up in Nigeria's waters Offshore Energy
- Two Binance executives arrested in Nigeria following website ban TechCabal
- Top 5 products Nigeria imported from the UK in 2023 Business Insider Africa
- Nigeria 'Arrests Two Binance Officials' Amid Accusations of Naira Manipulation Arise News
- NLC protests: Why Nigeria's economy is in such a mess BBC
- MTN Nigeria blames hours-long outage on fibre cuts TechCabal
- Nigeria's central bank resumes sale of dollars to Bureau de Change operators Business Insider Africa
- Iwájú Review: Disney's Stunning Nigeria-Set Animation Brings Important Themes To Predictable Tale Screen Rant
- How Nigerian governors under-develop Nigeria Punch Newspapers
- Seeing the Igbos as defeated Biafrans in Nigeria Businessday
- Nigeria’s Government To Release N50bn For Primary Health Fund, Issues Executive Order To Curb Escalating Drug ... Arise News
- Universal Music Group acquires major stake in Nigeria record label Mavin Records Africanews English
- Tinubu: Nigeria will survive current economic challenges | I take full responsibility | TheCable TheCable
- Nigerian workers start two-day nationwide protest Africanews English
- Nigeria’s food inflation rate is 35.41% — Report P.M. News
- I'll Represent Nigeria If The Netherlands Ignore Me --Zirkzee Complete Sports
- Man Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Company Car In Borno - The Bauchi State Police Command has apprehended Ahmed Mohammed, a 29-year-old resident of Polo High Court, in Maiduguri, for purportedly stealing a Toyota Highlan...
- Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost - The Association of Table Waters Producers (ATWAP) has stated that the price of pure water may be sold for N100 per one due to the high cost of product...
- Naira Rises To ₦1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate - The US Dollar on Wednesday crashed by 6.45 percent to N1,450 from N1,550 sold on Tuesday on the parallel market, commonly referred to as black market, after the...
- NLC Threatens Full Blown War After March 13 - The Nigerla Labour Congress has threatened to embark on full blown nationwide strike should government fail to meet its demands on full implementation of 16 point agreement. ...
- Puff Daddy Accused Of Sexual Assault By Rodney Jones aka Lil Rod - A music producer who worked with Sean "Diddy" Combs on his most recent record, "The Love Album: Off the Grid," is suing the embattled music mogul, accusin...
- Binance Drops Naira From P2P Portal - Amid President Bola Tinubu’s government’s clampdown on cryptocurrency to save the battered naira, the world’s biggest cryptocurrency trading platform, Binance, has disabled its ...
- FG Launches CNG-Powered Buses In Abuja - The transportation system in Nigeria is taking on a different face with the federal government’s official launch of CNG-powered buses in Abuja. The Minister of the federal ca...
- Tinubu In Owo To Condole Akeredolu’s Family - President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday arrived at Owo, Ondo State, on a condolence visit to the family of the late former Governor of the state, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu. Tinubu...
- Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Pa Fasoranti In Akure - There was heavy security in and around the Akure residence of Pa. Reuben Fasoranti, leader of Afenifere, a pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, on Wednesday as P...
- Air Peace Slashes London Flight Fares, Return Economy ₦1.2M, Business ₦4M - Competition has commenced on Lagos-London route as Nigeria’s largest carrier, Air Peace pegs it’s economy class ticket at N1.2million, th...
- Crypto Exchanges Stop Selling USDT/USDC In Naira - A handful of crypto companies in Nigeria will no longer allow users to buy the USDT and USDC stablecoins with Naira after renewed scrutiny from the Central Bank of Nigeri...
- Youths Coalition Submits Proposal To Ogun State Government On Reducing Hardship - Nigerian Youths in Ogun State have appealed to President Bola Tinubu, to open land borders for the importation of rice as a matter of urgen...
- President Tinubu Departs Ondo, Arrives Lagos - President Bola Tinubu has departed Abuja for a one-day visit to Ondo state. The President, whose official jet, NAF1, departed the presidential wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe a...
- JUST IN!!! Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana - Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has described as outdated, the 12-year old Steve Oronsaye Report recommending the merger of government age...
- Moses Bliss & His Fiancée Release Pre-Wedding Photos - Popular Nigerian gospel singer, Moses Bliss who recently engaged with his sweetheart, Marie Wiseborn, a has now shared photos from their pre-wedding shoot. The lo...
- 27 Year Old Chinalu Ogbonna Strangles His Father to D€@th in Umuahia, Plucks Out His €yes - A very disturbing report coming in from Umuahia the Abia state capital indicates that a 27-year-old man Chinalu Ogbonna has s...
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu Bans Public Address System For Religious Purposes - The General Manager, Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA), Dr. Babatunde Ajayi, has called on religious leaders in the state to be mindful...
- HUNGER : Man Kills Son For Eating Last Portion Of Food In Family’s Pot In Abia - A man, identified as Marcel Udeh from Umunneochi LGA of Abia State has been nabbed by the Police, for allegedly killing his son. His so...
- JUST IN!!! President Tinubu To Visit Ondo Today - President Bola Tinubu will visit Ondo state today, Igbere TV has learnt. The purpose of the presidential visit is to condole with the members of the family of late form...
- MTN Network Is Down - MTN telecommunications network is currently down as subscribers of the telecommunication service find it impossible to make or receive calls while others are not able to make use of their internet th...
- Mixed Reactions Trail Central Bank's Monetary Policy Decisions [Premium Times] The Monetary Policy Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria Tuesday announced a significant increase in its benchmark lending rate by 400 basis points to 22.75 per cent
- Don't Argue With Your Husbands - Minister Tells Women [Vanguard] The Minister for Women Affairs, Uju Kennedy-Ohaneye, has advised women to always keep quiet whenever an argument comes up with their husbands at home.
- Nigeria's Security Problems Deepen As Anglophone Insurgency in Cameroon Spills Across Border [The Conversation Africa] Over the past two decades, Nigeria has grappled with multiple and complex national security threats, each posing a significant challenge to its stability.
- NatureNews Unveils Initiative to Plant 5 billion Trees in Nigeria by 2030 [Nature News Media Limited] African's foremost environmental newspaper, NatureNews, is set to revolutionise the afforestation campaign in Nigeria as it unveiled an initiative to plant 5 billion trees by the year 2030.
- Nigeria Health Watch Announces #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards 2023/2024 [Nigeria Health Watch] Nigeria Health Watch is pleased to announce a call for entries for the fourth edition of the #PreventEpidemicsNaija Journalism Awards ceremony.
- Inside Details of How Nigerian Govt Detained Binance Executives [Premium Times] One of the two detained Binance executives is an American, while the other is British-Pakistani.
- Tinubu to Issue Executive Order Over Rising Cost of Drugs - Minister [Premium Times] The minister described the rising cost of pharmaceuticals in Nigeria as a pressing concern.
- Pastor Arrested for Flogging Pregnant Teachers in Delta [Vanguard] The pastor of Kingdom Life Charismatic Church, Ekama Maxwell, has been arrested by the Nigerian Police Force in Sapele, Delta State, for allegedly assaulting two pregnant teachers.
- Air Peace Announces N1.2 Million for London Route [Vanguard] Air Peace on Wednesday, announced N1.2 million and N4 million respectively on its London route for Economy and Business classes, effective March 30.
- 'I Need a Break', Peseiro Breaks Silence On Super Eagles Future [Vanguard] Jose Peseiro has broken silence about his future after his contract with the Super Eagles expired after the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
- New Report Reviews Gender Responsiveness of Education Sector Plans in Nigerian States [Premium Times] dRPC researchers said the review was aimed to determine the explanatory powers of the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) gender responsiveness theory of change related to girls' education outcomes.
- Govt, IOM Evacuate 147 Irregular Nigerian Migrants Stranded in Libya [Premium Times] The evacuees who departed Tripoli International Airport in Libya on Tuesday aboard chartered flight UZ 189 were expected to arrive at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, in the evening same day.
- How I Manage Osun Palliatives, Resources - Governor Adeleke [Premium Times] Mr Adeleke said he has embraced openness and transparency, urging commentators to avail themselves of facts and figures, instead of twisting and falsifying publicly verifiable details about state governance.
- Nigerians Reaping Tinubu's Reforms Benefits - Minister [Vanguard] The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Alhaji Mohammed Idris, boasted on Wednesday that Nigerians have begun to reap the benefits of the reforms being spearheaded by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
- Militants Abduct 12, Raze Hospital, Police Outpost, Vehicles in Katsina Community [Premium Times] The attack, which began late evening, lasted for over two hours.
- Leadership Conference - Moghalu Provides Insights On Economy [Leadership] Former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Professor Kingsley Moghalu, has given a snippet of the issues that would headline his discussion as the keynote speaker at LEADERSHIP Conference on March 5, 2023.
- Reps Ask NCDC to Investigate 'Strange Disease' Ravaging Gombe Communities [Premium Times] The unknown disease has claimed the lives of youth and children within the affected communities in the last few days.
- Tinubu Advocates Greater Home-Grown Skill Retention, Technology Domestication [Premium Times] President Tinubu also canvassed greater balancing of employment opportunities between Nigerians and expatriates and the closure of the wage gap between expatriates and the Nigerian labour force.
- CSO Commends Court's Judgement Upholding Press Freedom [Premium Times] CWPPF equally commended the journalists involved in the case for their demonstration of courage and dedication to their profession even in the face of legal impediments.
- Zamfara to Construct Vehicle Transit Areas As Part of the State's Urban Renewal Project [Premium Times] Mr Lawal stated this on Tuesday when he hosted the leadership of the Zamfara State chapter of the Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO) and Petroleum Tanker Drivers (PTD).
- After Premium Times' Report, Governor Approves New PHC for Akwa Ibom Community [Premium Times] The governor noted that the healthcare centre will replace a primary health care centre in the area which had been abandoned for about 30 years.
- In Ibadan, NLC, ASUU Lead Protesters to Demand End to Hardship [Premium Times] The chairperson of the Oyo State chapter of the NLC called on the government to fix the refineries so the nation could locally refine crude oil.
- Nigeria Imposes Levy On Expatriate Workers [Premium Times] According to the EEL handbook, the levy seeks to balance the benefits of expatriate employment with the protection of Nigeria's local labour markets and resources.
- Senate to Probe N30trn 'Ways and Means' Obtained By Buhari Administration From CBN [Premium Times] During the plenary last Tuesday, members of the upper chamber resolved to probe the facility the Buhari administration obtained from the CBN under the leadership of Godwin Emefiele.
- Nigerian Hospital Smuggled 406 Persons Into Payroll After Govt Takeover - Minister [Premium Times] The Minister said the discovery was made after the federal government took over the hospital from the Anambra State Government.
- Five Killed, 26 Rescued in Anambra Building Collapse [Premium Times] The building, which was still under construction, collapsed on Monday evening.
- International Oil Companies Not Leaving Nigeria - Minister [Premium Times] "I want to use this opportunity to assure everyone that no IOC is leaving Nigeria. They are only going deep offshore," Mr Lokpobiri said.
- Senate Probes Alleged Payment of $496m to Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company [Premium Times] The lawmakers wondered why the Ajaokuta Steel Company and the National Ore Mining Company (NIOMCO) are still moribund despite the alleged payment of $496 million to contractors between 2008 and now.
- Nigerian Lawmakers Threaten Warrant of Arrest On Cardoso [Premium Times] In a letter, dated 27 February, the lawmakers accused Mr Cardoso of shunning invitations to its hearing on revenue leakages through the Remita platform.
- NLC Begins Protest, As Workers Defy Threat of Clampdown [This Day] Abuja -- Amidst fears of possible move by the authorities to prevent the national protest by organised labour, workers under the auspices of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Tuesday morning thronged the Labour House, headquarters of the apex labour centre in Abuja to begin the protest over high cost of living in the country.