- Backlash in Nigeria as main candidates shun election debate - TimesLIVE
- Backlash in Nigeria as main candidates shun election debate TimesLIVE
- Obasanjo says Nigeria deserves more than Buhari can offer Pulse Nigeria
- Backlash in Nigeria as Buhari, Atiku shun election debate Daily Nation
- BREAKING: ‘Nigeria is back to Abacha era’ — Obasanjo hits Buhari again TheCable
- Buhari’s govt worst in Nigeria’s history – Atiku Vanguard
- View full coverage on Google News
- Nigeria's 27 Million Disabled Wait Decades for Access - Voice of America Nigeria's 27 Million Disabled Wait Decades for Access Voice of America
In Nigeria, more than 27 million disabled people live in obscurity, treated like second-class citizens, without access to public facilities. The Nigerian Disability Bill ...
- Nigerian professor wants prosecution of British colonialists - Premium Times Nigerian professor wants prosecution of British colonialists Premium Times
A Nigerian author, Amadi Asuogu, wants the British prosecuted for crimes they committed against Nigeria during colonialism. Mr Asuogu, a professor of religious ...
- Nigerian Navy begins 2019 recruitment — Official - Pulse Nigeria Nigerian Navy begins 2019 recruitment — Official Pulse Nigeria
The Nigerian Navy says it has commenced the recruitment of interested Nigerians into the *service* for the year 2019.
- Corruption takes centre stage in Nigerian election campaign - EWN Corruption takes centre stage in Nigerian election campaign EWN
Muhammadu Buhari, an austere and pious former general, will take on wealthy former vice-president Atiku Abubakar at the polls on 16 February. Nigerian ...
- Romania women 1 Nigeria women 4: African champions bounce back in style - Goal.com Romania women 1 Nigeria women 4: African champions bounce back in style Goal.com
Thomas Dennerby's side scored three times in the final 25 minutes to fuel 4-1 thrashing of the Europeans in Wuhua.
- Ezekwesili, Durotoye, Moghalu reel out economic plans for Nigeria - Pulse Nigeria Ezekwesili, Durotoye, Moghalu reel out economic plans for Nigeria Pulse Nigeria
Three Presidential Candidates on Saturday clashed on the economy in the televised debate held at the Trans-corp Hilton Hotel, Abuja.
- Thatcher-Loving Nigeria Candidate Plans to Overhaul Economy - Bloomberg Thatcher-Loving Nigeria Candidate Plans to Overhaul Economy Bloomberg
In Nigeria's personality-driven politics, there's usually little differentiating presidential aspirants in terms of ideology or economic policy. Not any more.
- Nigeria to set up national team for blind football - Daily Trust Nigeria to set up national team for blind football Daily Trust
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports through the Para-Athletics Federation of Nigeria, has concluded arrangements for setting up of the National blind ...
- First storey building in Nigeria gets highest number of tourists ever - Pulse Nigeria First storey building in Nigeria gets highest number of tourists ever Pulse Nigeria
In 2018, the historic site attracted over 13000 visitors.
- 2019 Elections: Nigerians in Diaspora caution against provocative utterances - Vanguard 2019 Elections: Nigerians in Diaspora caution against provocative utterances Vanguard
The Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation, Europe (NIDOE) on Sunday cautioned Nigerians against fake news and provocative utterances that could incite ...
- Condemnation trails alleged murder of Nigerian in South Africa - The Punch Condemnation trails alleged murder of Nigerian in South Africa The Punch
Nigerians living in South Africa have expressed displeasure with the alleged killing of a Nigerian, Celestine Nwokeocha, 36, by the South African P...
- Internet Love Scam: Nigerian bags 12 months for duping foreigner - Premium Times Internet Love Scam: Nigerian bags 12 months for duping foreigner Premium Times
A Federal High Court in Benin, Edo State, has sentenced a middle-aged man, Onovo Malachy, to 12 months imprisonment for internet love scam through which ...
- Ngozi Ebere: Nigerian ready for 'new challenge' in Norway - BBC Sport Ngozi Ebere: Nigerian ready for 'new challenge' in Norway BBC Sport
Nigeria defender Ngozi Ebere says she welcomes the challenge of playing in a highly competitive league after signing for Norwegian club Arna Bjomar on a ...
- Buhari deceiving Nigerians, his govt empowering Boko Haram - Obasanjo - Daily Post Nigeria Buhari deceiving Nigerians, his govt empowering Boko Haram - Obasanjo Daily Post Nigeria
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has said that Boko Haram terrorism has not been defeated. Obasanjo, in a lengthy statement made available to DAILY ...
- Buhari, best choice for Nigeria, says Ambode - The Punch Buhari, best choice for Nigeria, says Ambode The Punch
FEMI MAKINDE Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, has said President Muhammadu Buhari is the best among the presidential candidates jostling...
- Tambuwal urges electorate to vote leaders that will secure Nigeria's future - Pulse Nigeria Tambuwal urges electorate to vote leaders that will secure Nigeria's future Pulse Nigeria
Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state on Saturday called on Nigerians to vote leaders that will protect and secure Nigeria's future.
- Global Headwinds: Nigeria needs policies to attract private sector investment in infrastructure —FSDH Merchant Bank - Vanguard Global Headwinds: Nigeria needs policies to attract private sector investment in infrastructure —FSDH Merchant Bank Vanguard
FSDH Merchant Bank has called on the federal government to roll out incentives to attract private sector investment for infrastructure development.
- Government official kidnapped in southern Nigeria - police - EWN Government official kidnapped in southern Nigeria - police EWN
Armed men stormed a hotel in the state capital, Port Harcourt, on Thursday night, abducting Anuoha Anugbom, a special adviser on agriculture to governor ...
- Four-Nation Invitational Tournament: Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat Romania - Premium Times Four-Nation Invitational Tournament: Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat Romania Premium Times
Nigeria's Super Falcons on Sunday trounced the women national team of Romania 4-1 in the third-place match at the ongoing four-nation invitational ...
- Uphold ethics, shun blackmail, group urges young Nigerian journalists - Premium Times Uphold ethics, shun blackmail, group urges young Nigerian journalists Premium Times
The Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre (CISLAC) has advised young Nigerian journalists to desist from unethical practice, uphold ethics and shun ...
- Nigerian fashion, strong part of global pop culture– Osadebe - Vanguard Nigerian fashion, strong part of global pop culture– Osadebe Vanguard
From traditional attire to modernised African-inspired dashikis and dresses, the various print designs and range of colours of Nigerian and African textiles have ...
- Order CJN Onnoghen to step aside, Nigerian govt tells Tribunal - Premium Times Order CJN Onnoghen to step aside, Nigerian govt tells Tribunal Premium Times
The federal government demanded the removal from office of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, in the false asset charges it filed at the Code of ...
- Nigeria has lost 96% of its forests –NCF - The Punch Nigeria has lost 96% of its forests –NCF The Punch
Maureen Ihua-Maduenyi. The Director-General of the Nigerian Conservation Foundation, Dr Mutari Aminu-Kano, says Nigeria is losing about 400,000 hectares ...
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves on the first day of 2019 - TheCable Nigeria’s foreign reserves on the first day of 2019 TheCable
BY SALISU NA'INNA DAMBATTA. There was a triumphant mood in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in particular, and the wider national financial sector in ...
- Nigeria Air Force deploys aircraft to tackle Sokoto bandits - Premium Times Nigeria Air Force deploys aircraft to tackle Sokoto bandits Premium Times
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has deployed jet aircraft and helicopters on special surveillance in efforts to flush out bandits in Sokoto State and environs.
- Nigeria's era of big spending for election is disappearing - Aljazeera.com Nigeria's era of big spending for election is disappearing Aljazeera.com
Some say this is good news for democracy, but bad news for business.
- As Nigeria e-commerce DealDey, Gloo fails , Amazon, Alibaba lurk - Quartz As Nigeria e-commerce DealDey, Gloo fails , Amazon, Alibaba lurk Quartz
When Nigeria's tech ecosystem started to form nearly a decade ago, e-commerce seemed to be the go-to tech idea for a startup. Perhaps, more than anything ...
- Workers' Salaries: 15 governors Buhari urged Nigerians not to support - Premium Times Workers' Salaries: 15 governors Buhari urged Nigerians not to support Premium Times
Nigeria's president, Muhammadu Buhari, was not particular about parties when he asked Nigerians to vote out governors who failed to perform in their first terms ...
- Falz: The Nigerian rapper rebelling through music - Al Jazeera English Falz: The Nigerian rapper rebelling through music Al Jazeera English
Lawyer-turned-musician criticises politicians, police brutality and social injustice in his country through songs.
- Police: Many People Killed in Nigeria Oil Tanker Explosion - TIME Police: Many People Killed in Nigeria Oil Tanker Explosion TIME
(LAGOS, Nigeria) — An overturned oil tanker exploded in Nigeria while dozens of people were scooping up the leaking fuel and many were killed, police and ...
- Olorukoba: Nigeria Needs to Improve on Accreditation of Laboratories - THISDAY Newspapers Olorukoba: Nigeria Needs to Improve on Accreditation of Laboratories THISDAY Newspapers
Taofeek Olorukoba is the Country Head, Roche Diagnostics, Nigeria. In this interview with Kingsley Nweze, he talked on need for good laboratory practice and ...
- Powerful New Diabetes Remedy Is Finally in Nigeria: See The Solution I used to completely normalize my blood sugar level and made me to be completely FREE from Diabetes. - Vanguard Powerful New Diabetes Remedy Is Finally in Nigeria: See The Solution I used to completely normalize my blood sugar level and made me to be completely FREE from Diabetes. Vanguard
I'm FREE from Diabetes Finally… You can see the solution here=>http://solutioncentre.info/diabetes2/ · After suffering with type 2 diabetes for several years and ...
- Saving Nigeria's Christians - Washington Times Saving Nigeria's Christians Washington Times
Last month, Amnesty International released a new report that outlined the costs of a dangerous and often deadly cycle of violence occurring in Nigeria's Middle ...
- Shehu Shagari, Nigerian President During ’80s Oil Crisis, Dies at 93 - The New York Times Shehu Shagari, Nigerian President During ’80s Oil Crisis, Dies at 93 The New York Times
Mr. Shagari sought to revive democratic rule, but military officers deposed him during a 1983 economic crisis caused by plummeting oil prices.
- $217bn taken out of Nigeria illegally in 38 years – EFCC - The Punch $217bn taken out of Nigeria illegally in 38 years – EFCC The Punch
Friday Olokor, Abuja Nigeria has recorded illicit financial outflows of $217.7bn in 38 years, specifically between 1970 and 2008, the Economic and...
- Nigeria now to recruit 30,000 policemen annually - PSC reveals - Legit.ng Nigeria now to recruit 30,000 policemen annually - PSC reveals Legit.ng
The Police *Service* Commission (PSC) has said it would annually recruit at least 30,000 personnel into the country's law enforcement agency in order to address ...
- 3 stabbed, gunshots heard as Nigeria's ruling party rally descends into chaos - CNN 3 stabbed, gunshots heard as Nigeria's ruling party rally descends into chaos CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) At least three people were stabbed Tuesday after violence flared at a campaign rally in Lagos, southwestern Nigeria, police said.
- Thousands flee north-east Nigeria after devastating Boko Haram attack - The Guardian Thousands flee north-east Nigeria after devastating Boko Haram attack The Guardian
More than 8000 refugees cross border into Cameroon after Nigerian town of Rann is burned to the ground.
- Nigeria soldiers raid paper 'over Boko Haram article' - BBC News Nigeria soldiers raid paper 'over Boko Haram article' BBC News
The Daily Trust says it may be connected to its story about a planned offensive against Boko Haram.
- Nigerian Helicopter Crashes While Fighting Boko Haram - TIME Nigerian Helicopter Crashes While Fighting Boko Haram TIME
(MAIDUGURI, Nigeria) — A Nigerian Air Force helicopter crashed in combat, as fighting raged against Boko Haram extremists for control of the strategic town of ...
- Saraki promises speedy passage of GEO Bill - Vanguard Saraki promises speedy passage of GEO Bill Vanguard
ABUJA - Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has assured Nigerians of speedy passage of the Gender and Equal Opportunities Bill (GEO Bill) into law to fully ...
- Nigeria lawyers challenge legitimacy of chief justice’s trial - Financial Times Nigeria lawyers challenge legitimacy of chief justice’s trial Financial Times
Opposition criticised for politically motivated move as elections loom.
- Look beyond 2019 - Bakare advises Buhari, Atiku, others - Legit.ng Look beyond 2019 - Bakare advises Buhari, Atiku, others Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Pastor Tunde Bakare, the presiding pastor of Latter Rain Assembly, has urged presidential candidates to look beyond the forthcoming 2019 ...
- We enjoy sex but fear contraceptives because they are man-made trouble —Nigerian women - Vanguard We enjoy sex but fear contraceptives because they are man-made trouble —Nigerian women Vanguard
A political party, as opposed to a mob pretending to be one, should aim to represent the ideals and aspirations of the people. Is the APC a political party?
- 'Project Rescue Nigeria': Fact-checking Oby Ezekwesili's presidential manifesto - Africa Check 'Project Rescue Nigeria': Fact-checking Oby Ezekwesili's presidential manifesto Africa Check
On 16 February 2019, Nigerians will head to the polls to choose a new president. One candidate is Obiageli Ezekwesili, who has twice served as a national ...
- Troops kill eight insurgents in fresh Baga attack - Guardian Nigeria Troops kill eight insurgents in fresh Baga attack Guardian Nigeria
The Nigerian Army on Sunday said its troops had killed eight Boko Haram insurgents in a *fresh* encounter with the terrorists in Baga, Kukawa Local Government ...
- Nigeria: Satellite imagery shows charred remains of Rann after Boko Haram attack - Amnesty International Nigeria: Satellite imagery shows charred remains of Rann after Boko Haram attack Amnesty International
Satellite images released by Amnesty reveal the true extent of a devastating Boko Haram attack on Rann, Nigeria which displaced more than 9000 civilians and ...
- Nigeria elections 2019 pulls in tech startups for politicians - Quartz Nigeria elections 2019 pulls in tech startups for politicians Quartz
Nigeria's tech ecosystem has come in for praise over the past decade given the rise of startups solving problems and serving addressable market needs using ...
- Nigeria to establish national micro-finance bank - Premium Times Nigeria to establish national micro-finance bank Premium Times
A national micro-finance bank is to be established to promote access to credit finance for small, medium enterprises (SMEs) and other unbanked groups in the ...
- I splurged on an 8-day, $3,000 trip to Nigeria for myself over the holidays, and it was worth every penny - Business Insider I splurged on an 8-day, $3,000 trip to Nigeria for myself over the holidays, and it was worth every penny Business Insider
Author Adrienne Jordan breaks down how she spent $2881 on an eight-day trip to Nigeria for an experience that she says was "more than worth it."
- Minimum Wage: Economist tasks FG on transparency - Vanguard Minimum Wage: Economist tasks FG on transparency Vanguard
Dr Hamza Soliu, a Lecturer in Economics Department, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, Kaduna State, has urged the Federal Government to be transparent ...
- Supreme Court's intervention needed to resolve Nigeria's budget controversy - Official - Premium Times Supreme Court's intervention needed to resolve Nigeria's budget controversy - Official Premium Times
The official speaks on the automated budget system now in place.
- Nigeria's Daily Trust undermined security, army says - BBC News Nigeria's Daily Trust undermined security, army says BBC News
The Nigerian army says it raided the offices of the private Daily Trust newspaper for "undermining national security" by reporting about a planned operation ...
- Breaking: Atiku retuns to Nigeria ahead of presidential debate - Vanguard Breaking: Atiku retuns to Nigeria ahead of presidential debate Vanguard
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential Candidate of the Atiku Abubakar, has returned from the United States of America.
- The horsemen making a living on Lagos beach Nigeria - BBC News The horsemen making a living on Lagos beach Nigeria BBC News
The young people who make a living from taking people for horse rides on Nigeria's beaches.
- Letter from Africa: 'Guilty until proven innocent in Nigeria' - BBC News Letter from Africa: 'Guilty until proven innocent in Nigeria' BBC News
In our series of letters from Africa, Nigerian writer and novelist Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani tackles the culture of naming, shaming and public parading of suspects in ...
- Nigeria’s first storey building receives 13,609 visitors in 2018 - The Punch Nigeria’s first storey building receives 13,609 visitors in 2018 The Punch
The first storey building in Nigeria located in Badagry, Lagos State, recorded 13609 visitors in 2018, Mr Hodonu Daniel, the officer in charge of ...
- How the US and China collaborated to get nuclear material out of Nigeria — and away from terrorist groups - DefenseNews.com How the US and China collaborated to get nuclear material out of Nigeria — and away from terrorist groups DefenseNews.com
Defense News reveals how an international team was given 24 hours to extract radioactive material from an African country in the throws of battling Boko Haram.
- Late former ambassador to Chad Galtimari buried in Maiduguri - Legit.ng Late former ambassador to Chad Galtimari buried in Maiduguri Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ The remains of a former Nigerian Ambassador to Chad Republic, Ambassdor Usman Gaji Galtimari, was buried on Sunday, January 20, ...
- Why the South-East will not vote Buhari - Vanguard Why the South-East will not vote Buhari Vanguard
By Obi Nwakanma. There are many watchers of this election campaign who are already seeing the desperation of the Buhari campaign, with regards to the vote ...
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire dies - Vanguard Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire dies Vanguard
Nigeria's Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah, has died, Foreign Affairs Ministry officials, have confirmed.
- Meet Nigeria's presidential candidates of 2019 - Global Voices Meet Nigeria's presidential candidates of 2019 Global Voices
Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation, will hold presidential elections on February 16, 2019. Although there are about 35 presidential candidates, the race for ...
- Onnoghen: Buhari is no longer in control of Nigeria - Obasanjo - Legit.ng Onnoghen: Buhari is no longer in control of Nigeria - Obasanjo Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ Former Nigerian president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has lashed out at President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, ...
- How high-tech agriculture is transforming the fortunes of Nigerian rice farmers - The Telegraph How high-tech agriculture is transforming the fortunes of Nigerian rice farmers The Telegraph
New planting and harvesting techniques have transformed the fortunes of rice farmers in Nigeria's agricultural belt, turning family-run plots into thriving ...
- Nigeria targets sub-100 ranking in Ease of Doing Business Index —Presidency - The Punch Nigeria targets sub-100 ranking in Ease of Doing Business Index —Presidency The Punch
The Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council has announced a goal to move Nigeria into the top-100 on the 2020 World Bank Doing Business ...
- 'Sex for grades' scandal in Nigeria - CNN 'Sex for grades' scandal in Nigeria CNN
Nigerian student Monica Osagie secretly taped her lecturer demanding sex for better marks. She speaks exclusively to CNN about blowing the whistle.
- Nigeria: Thousands flee to Cameroon after attack in Rann - Doctors Without Borders Nigeria: Thousands flee to Cameroon after attack in Rann Doctors Without Borders
GENEVA/NEW YORK, JANUARY 16, 2019—After a nonstate armed group attacked the town of Rann, northeastern Nigeria, on January 14, thousands of people ...
- Debunking fake news in Nigeria - BBC News Debunking fake news in Nigeria BBC News
Meet the people debunking fake news in a country where rumours spread about a presidential "clone".
- Buhari, Atiku, others should scrap security votes, immunity – SERAP - Vanguard Buhari, Atiku, others should scrap security votes, immunity – SERAP Vanguard
Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has sent an open letter to major presidential candidates for Nigeria's February 16 election urging ...
- Nigeria faces a health financing cliff edge - Devex Nigeria faces a health financing cliff edge Devex
ABUJA, Nigeria — Over the next two decades, Nigeria is expected to become ineligible for a range of external health financing sources, from Global Fund grants ...
- Boko Haram launches series of attacks in north-east Nigeria - The Guardian Boko Haram launches series of attacks in north-east Nigeria The Guardian
Militants seize town of Baga, near Chad, in show of force before presidential election.
- Jimoh explains cause of mother’s death - Guardian Nigeria Jimoh explains cause of mother’s death Guardian Nigeria
Dipo Jimoh explained that the death of their mother, Mrs. Theresa Jimoh, who died on Saturday, was as a result of family complications.
- Nigerian religious women, carrying on regardless… - Vatican News Nigerian religious women, carrying on regardless… Vatican News
Paul Samasumo – Vatican News. “It is frightening…but what can you do? It is not stopping us from carrying on with our responsibilities. We get up in the morning ...
- N9bn released by FG for scholarship allowances owed Nigerian students - Legit.ng N9bn released by FG for scholarship allowances owed Nigerian students Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ The federal government has said it has released N9.5 billion for the payment of backlog of scholarship allowances owed Nigerian students at ...
- Elections: US expresses concerns over neutrality of Nigeria's security services - Premium Times Elections: US expresses concerns over neutrality of Nigeria's security services Premium Times
The United States government has expressed concern over the neutrality of security services ahead of Nigeria's general elections.
- 'Bandits' kill 10 troops along Niger-Nigeria border - Aljazeera.com 'Bandits' kill 10 troops along Niger-Nigeria border Aljazeera.com
The two countries had launched a joint operation against criminal gangs in Niger's Maradi region over the weekend.
- [18+ONLY]Shocking!!! Nigerian Women Rated..High Sexual Unfaithfulness…MEN Learn From My Story! - Vanguard [18+ONLY]Shocking!!! Nigerian Women Rated..High Sexual Unfaithfulness…MEN Learn From My Story! Vanguard
If you are a man and you have a wife or you are in a serious relationship, then I want you to invest the next 5-10 minutes of your time to read this article right now.
- Vote-buying putting Nigerians in Slavery – Ogundele - Vanguard Vote-buying putting Nigerians in Slavery – Ogundele Vanguard
Nigerian Businessman and philanthropist, Sijibomi Ogundele has called on politicians to be responsible and avoid vote buying in the forthcoming elections, ...
- $1.1bn Brazil loan to create new 5m jobs in Nigeria, says FG - The Punch $1.1bn Brazil loan to create new 5m jobs in Nigeria, says FG The Punch
Osinbajo inaugurates 'Green Imperative' John Ameh, Abuja. The Federal Government has said that it seeks to create additional five million jobs under a new ...
- NSE debunks alleged stock market manipulation - Vanguard NSE debunks alleged stock market manipulation Vanguard
THE Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE has debunked alleged market manipulation following the massive market activities in the secondary market experienced ...
- Six Ministers tell story of decline and recovery of Nigerian economy - Premium Times Six Ministers tell story of decline and recovery of Nigerian economy Premium Times
The ministers briefed leaders of the Organized Private Sector in a manner that told the story of the economy and addressed contemporary issues.
- Thousands flee as militants kill more than 100 soldiers in northeast Nigeria: aid agencies - Reuters Thousands flee as militants kill more than 100 soldiers in northeast Nigeria: aid agencies Reuters
GENEVA (Reuters) - Armed groups have killed more than 100 soldiers and seized a huge stock of weapons in clashes in northeast Nigeria since Dec.
- Nigeria to experience total lunar eclipse on Monday - NASRDA - Daily Post Nigeria Nigeria to experience total lunar eclipse on Monday - NASRDA Daily Post Nigeria
The National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) on Friday said Nigeria will join other countries of the world to experience total lunar eclipse.
- How discarded plastic bottles are turned into affordable houses in Nigeria - TRT World How discarded plastic bottles are turned into affordable houses in Nigeria TRT World
The National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) estimates that by 2025 there will be at least 100 bags of plastic per foot of coastline in the ...
- With Nigerian Army's Support, Elections Will Hold In All States, Says INEC - SaharaReporters.com With Nigerian Army's Support, Elections Will Hold In All States, Says INEC SaharaReporters.com
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it believes elections will be conducted in all 36 states of the country with the help of the military.
- High debt, low deposits - Nigeria's banks on the line - Aljazeera.com High debt, low deposits - Nigeria's banks on the line Aljazeera.com
Why millions of Nigerians are losing faith in their banking system?
- Naira to depreciate to N401\$ in H2’19— Afrinvest - Vanguard Naira to depreciate to N401\$ in H2’19— Afrinvest Vanguard
AFRINVEST Limited, a Lagos based investment firm, has projected that the naira will depreciate to N401 per dollar in the second half of 2019 (H2'19). The firm ...
- Don’t make mistake of choosing PDP candidates, Buhari tells Nigerians - The Punch Don’t make mistake of choosing PDP candidates, Buhari tells Nigerians The Punch
Tobi Aworinde and Gbenga Odogun President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Nigerians to reflect on the efforts of his administration despite the dec...
- Four Nigerians shortlisted for Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation - Premium Times Four Nigerians shortlisted for Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation Premium Times
Four Nigerians have been shortlisted for the 2019 Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation. One of them is Dele Sanni, a professor, who developed 3-D-3-P ...
- Stephen Keshi Stadium confirmed as venue for Nigeria's friendly with Egypt - BBC Sport Stephen Keshi Stadium confirmed as venue for Nigeria's friendly with Egypt BBC Sport
Nigeria's Football Federation (NFF) says the friendly against Egypt in March will take place at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba, Delta State, southern Nigeria ...
- Nigeria’s population is no blessing - The Punch Nigeria’s population is no blessing The Punch
Thursday with Abimbola Adelakun firstname.lastname@example.org Now and then, a Nigerian leader raises the issue of our population problem but somehow, it s...
- Nigerians feel economic pinch as presidential election looms - Financial Times Nigerians feel economic pinch as presidential election looms Financial Times
Worries over growth and unemployment are dominant concerns ahead of February vote.
- NUC speaks on ranking Nigerian universities - Daily Post Nigeria NUC speaks on ranking Nigerian universities Daily Post Nigeria
The Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Abubakar Rashid, has urged members of the public to disregard any university r.
- Buhari’s uppity is insulting to Nigerians - Vanguard Buhari’s uppity is insulting to Nigerians Vanguard
SUCCESSIVE Nigerian leaders have either been utterly inept or woefully visionless, or both. But none combined incompetence with brazen arrogance. Except ...
- Ortom apologises to Nigerians for supporting Buhari in 2015 - The Punch Ortom apologises to Nigerians for supporting Buhari in 2015 The Punch
John Charles, Makurdi Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Friday apologised to Nigerians and the people of the state for supporting the electio...
- Nigeria 'failing' to implement increased minimum wage - Aljazeera.com Nigeria 'failing' to implement increased minimum wage Aljazeera.com
There has been a two-and-a-half year delay in implementing Nigeria's new, increased minimum wage.
- Nigerian Tycoon Abdulsamad Rabiu Gains $650 Million After Cement Firm Merger - Forbes Nigerian Tycoon Abdulsamad Rabiu Gains $650 Million After Cement Firm Merger Forbes
Nigerian cement and sugar tycoon Abdulsamad Rabiu has become at least $650 million richer after merging Kalambaina Cement, a subsidiary company of his ...
- Here is everything you need to know about the new Nigerian international e-passport - Pulse Nigeria Here is everything you need to know about the new Nigerian international e-passport Pulse Nigeria
For one, the newly released passport is valid for 10 years.
- ICYMI: Czech Republic offers Nigerians, others €4,000 to leave country - The Punch ICYMI: Czech Republic offers Nigerians, others €4,000 to leave country The Punch
The Czech Republic has set up a new programme meant to encourage migrants from Nigeria, Iraq, Mongolia, Russia and Vietnam to leave their country a...
- Nigerians React to 2019 Presidential Debate [Guardian] Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari, former vice president Atiku Abubakar and three other presidential candidates were billed for the 2019 presidential debate that held today, the 20th of January at the Congress Hall of the TRANSCORP Hilton Hotel, Abuja.
- Govt to Get $100m Concessional Loan From India for Broadband [This Day] The federal government has said it is working with the Indian Government to access $100 million concessional loan to develop the country's rural broadband connectivity.
- How Boko Haram Attack Destroyed Nigerian Community, Rann [Premium Times] More information is gradually emerging of how a Boko Haram attack on Rann in Borno State virtually turned the town into a graveyard.
- How Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Moghalu Fared At Presidential Debate [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari and the main opposition candidate, Atiku Abubakar, were absent at the presidential debate organised by the Nigerian Election Debate Group (NEDG) and the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) on Saturday.
- Presidential Debate - Why Buhari Was Absent - - Keyamo [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari, who is the presidential candidate of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC) in the forthcoming presidential election, failed to attend Saturday's presidential debate because of his strict schedule, his campaign team has said.
- Atiku, Buhari Shun 2019 Presidential Debate [Premium Times] The presidential candidates of Nigeria's ruling and main opposition parties have shunned the presidential debate that is currently underway in Abuja.
- Sule Lamido Denies Decamping to APC [Daily Trust] Dutse -The former governor of Jigawa state, Sule Lamido, has dismissed the rumour going round that he was planning to defect to the All Progressives Congress (APC) as false and untrue.
- Atiku Returns From Us, Arrives Legacy House in Abuja [Daily Trust] The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has arrived Legacy House, in Maitama, Abuja, the party's presidential campaign office, in company of his Campaign Director General and Senate President Bukola Saraki.
- Why My Mission To the United States Matters [Premium Times] ...I am certain that if I am successful in selling...Nigeria to the world, the world will come to Nigeria for business. That is why I am in America. Because I believe in JOBS -- Jobs, Opportunity, Being United and Security and it is time Nigeria and all Nigerians finally have the opportunity to realise their true potentials.
- Atiku to Be Questioned When He Returns From U.S. - Lai Mohammed [Premium Times] The Federal Government of Nigeria has said that the candidate of the opposition PDP in the 2019 election, Atiku Abubakar, has questions to answer when he returns from his current trip to the United States.
- My U.S. Ban Was Disinformation – Atiku [Vanguard] In an interview with VOA Hausa Service in Washington DC, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar said stories that he was banned from the United States was 'disinformation'. Atiku He spoke on Thursday, after his arrival to the US capital, where he lodged at Trump International Hotel. Here is the transcript of the interview conducted by VOA's Aliyu Mustapha Sokoto.
- Christian & Muslim Leaders Issue Joint Call for Peaceful Elections [KAICIID] Fears are growing in Nigeria that the upcoming presidential election that will be held on 16 February may be accompanied by violence, and that religious identities may be misused to stoke conflict. Muslim and Christian religious leaders from across Nigeria have come together and committed to calling for peace and interreligious solidarity among their communities.
- Fear of Bandits Grows in Zamfara [Deutsche Welle] In Nigeria's state of Zamfara, villages are regularly attacked by armed gangs. Hundreds of people have died and thousands are fleeing as they no longer feel safe. Why is the government not taking action?
- How Accurate Are Claims Made By Buhari, Osinbajo At #TheCandidates Event [Premium Times] On Wednesday, Nigeria's president, Muhammadu Buhari, and his deputy, Yemi Osinbajo, appeared at a town hall discussion forum organised by Daria media, in partnership with the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA).
- Falz Takes Nigerians to the Classroom With Moral Instruction [This Day] Sound Sultan's 'Mathematics' was probably the last time a Nigerian artiste took the entire country on a nation building course in a classroom from the comfort of their homes.
- Nigeria Among Top 10 Cheapest Petrol Selling Countries - Report [Leadership] Nigeria ranks among the top 10 cheapest petrol selling countries in the world, a policy group has revealed in its latest report.
- Govt to Deport Foreigners, Shut Borders During General Elections [Vanguard] Abuja -The Nigeria Immigration Service NIS has threatened to charge and deport foreigners who may want to disguise as tourists to illegally observe next month's general elections.
- Minimum Wage - Consultation Moves to Council of State [Premium Times] The National Economic Council (NEC) says it will take the consultation on a new minimum wage to the Council of State on Tuesday.
- Academic Staff Union Gives Conditions to Suspend Strike [Guardian] The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Thursday gave conditions upon which the prolonged industrial action will be suspended.
- Atiku Vows to Enrich Friends If Elected President [Guardian] The People's Democratic Party presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday at a business summit in Lagos vowed to enrich his friends if elected president.
- Electoral Board Releases Final List of Eligible Candidates [Guardian] The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the final list of candidates eligible to participate in the forthcoming general elections.
- Opposition Raises Concern Over Buhari's Fitness [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday made some embarrassing blunders in his remarks in Warri, Delta State when he presented his party's flag to Great Ogboru, the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in the state.
- Buhari Campaigns in Delta, Insists On Going After Corrupt Nigerians [Premium Times] The campaign trail of President Muhammadu Buhari was in Warri, Delta State, on Thursday as the president continues to solicit for votes for his reelection bid.
- Atiku Visits America After 12 Years [Premium Times] Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), will arrive the United States any moment from now, crossing one of the most serious political hurdles on his path ahead of the upcoming general elections.
- 15 High-Ranking Police Officers May Be Forced to Retire [Premium Times] At least 15 high-ranking police officers may proceed on early retirement following the emergence of Mohammed Adamu as acting-inspector-general earlier this week.
- Atiku Confirms Arrival in U.S. [Premium Times] Atiku Abubakar has confirmed his arrival in the United States.
- Atiku Visits America After 12 Years [Premium Times] Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), will arrive the United States any moment from now, crossing one of the most serious political hurdles on his path ahead of the upcoming general elections.
- Nigerian Students' Poetry Prize Calls for Entries [Premium Times] The organisers of the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize have begun accepting submissions from Nigerian undergraduates studying in Nigeria and the diaspora.
- Governor Wike Blames Amaechi for Justice Onnoghen's Travails [Premium Times] The governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has accused Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation, of being responsible for the travails of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen.
- Foreign Film Experts to Host Nollywood Masterclass in Lagos [Premium Times] A team of foreign filmmakers are set to teach a masterclass for members of the Nigerian film and television industry, who aspire to take their craft to the next level.
- Vodacom empowers small business with a financial management app Vodacom Business has partnered with financial and business management platform Fiskl to provide mobile and digital services to entrepreneurs and small businesses in Africa. Fiskl is a mobile-first financial and business management app that has re-designed the way day-to-day finances are managed in a small business. The mobile app will help give...
- Online basics for small businesses In a time when most people make purchasing decisions while browsing their smartphones, business owners cannot afford to not be online. Whether a small family-run restaurant or a start-up with big ambitions, all small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) stand to...
- What you need to know before you sign up with an ISP Fibre to the home (FTTH) is rolling out in suburbs across South Africa at a rapid rate, promising lightning fast internet speeds, a world of connectivity and online in-home entertainment options not yet experienced since the Jurassic Park advent of copper...
- Clientèle launches multi-purposes platform Clientèle Limited has announced the launch of Clientèle App for policyholders and provides them with a platform to redeem Clientèle Rewards as well as allows them to claim, view their policies, premiums and payments, manage their policies 24 hours a day,...
- New year brings new and improved business telephony technologies Every year starts with excitement as many new tech trends and technologies emerge that are fast changing the way we work and interact with others. In fact, technology is revolutionising the way we do business. Cloud-based communications have proven to be a...
- Amazon launches conference on AI and robotics On Thursday, 17 January Amazon announced plans to hold a conference open to the public on robotics, space and artificial intelligence, as well as to discuss future applications of emerging technologies. There’s a reason why Amazon may want to bring...
- New Digital Skills partnership tackles skills shortage in South Africa The Digital Skills Partnership is a strategic collaboration between key stakeholders in the digital industry committed to transforming the sector by redesigning the traditionally onerous employment pathways into jobs for unemployed youth. 98% of South African...
- Fortnite vulnerability put millions of players at risk Researchers at Check Point Software Technologies, a provider of cyber security solutions globally, shared details of vulnerabilities that could have affected any player of the hugely popular online battle game, Fortnite. Fortnite has nearly 80 million players...
- Spotify “Car View” makes jamming out safer while you drive Spotify has been testing a “Driving Mode” since 2017. Now it is making this feature more widely available as “Car View” to make navigating through your music while driving easier and safer. Spotify has already been integrated into navigational...
- Networks Unlimited Africa and Cofense stand against phishing Cofense, a provider of human-focused phishing defence solutions which enable people to identify, report, and mitigate such threats as spear phishing and malware, is keenly aware that small businesses are significant targets for cyber attackers. This is...
- MUST SEE: Africa’s most popular video streaming sites Despite the major infrastructural challenges that Africa faces – such as low connectivity and the high cost of data, the number of video streaming platforms active in Africa has exploded over the past few years as the continent responded to the global...
- 2019 iPhones could be jumping on the USB-C bandwagon According to a new report from supply chain blog Macotakara, Apple could be in the process of developing a revised iPod touch. Further, the report says the 2019 iPhone might make the jump to USB-C, just like the 2018 iPad Pros. Additionally, the very brief...
- Elisabeth Moreno appointed as VP & Managing Director for HP Africa HP has announced the appointment of Elisabeth Moreno as the new Managing Director for HP Inc. Africa. Based in Johannesburg, Elisabeth Moreno replaces David Rozzio who will move to another leadership position at HP, leading its Central Europe cluster. In this...
- Tips on how you can reduce bank fees in 2019 In spite of bank fees accounting for a fraction of the average consumer’s income, individuals can still do much more to reduce their cost of banking. Banking is an important part of our lifestyles and the rapid adoption of smart technology is increasingly...
- Africa Code Week 2018 touched over 2 mln young Africans Africa Code Week (ACW) 2018 exceeded all expectations by empowering 2.3 million youth across 37 countries with digital and coding skills – compared to 1.3 million youth engaged across 35 African countries in the previous edition. According to Cathy...
- Telco systems upgrades carrier ethernet network for Kenet Kenya Telco Systems, a provider of innovative SDN/NFV, CE 2.0, MPLS and IP solutions has completed an upgrade of the carrier Ethernet network of Kenya Education Network (KENET), the National Research and Education Network (NREN) of Kenya, from 10GE to 100GE. As the...