- 8.5m Nigerians have hearing defects —Expert •Obasanjo, Amosun solicit aid for hearing impaired people
- Kidnappers have stopped communicating with us —Parents of abducted Lagos students •Why kidnapped students have not regained freedom
- Wike dissolves cabinet
- Accusers of Gov Ishaku don’t know the definition of genocide —Aide
- Igbo Quit Notice: Ohanaeze decries delay in arrest of Arewa Youth Signatories
- Exchange rate: Labour may up minimum wage demand to N110,000
- Staff verification report: JAC issue ultimatum to governing council of FUO
- Olubadan chieftaincy crisis: Ladoja petitions CJN
- Id-El Fitr: Ram prices drop as cost of chicken, foodstuffs soar in Abuja
- 2017 Appropriation Act: Reps carpet Fashola over comments
- DISCOs, customers and the metering conundrum
- ‘Implementation of new presidential directives will break monopoly’
- Government should work for national interest —Enelamah
- 2017 budget: Trigger for Economic Recovery and Growth Plan
- Nigeria: Escaping from economic anxiety
- Nigerian development and effective tax administration
- FG policies stifling Nigerian airlines —Med-View boss
- Issuing project-related bonds will help fund 2017 budget deficit —Ogungbesan
- BDCs, regulators confront compliance issues to save naira
- Electricity supply will be stable overtime, not overnight —IBEDC boss
- Musicians speak on World Music Day
- Husband-snatching actress in fraud saga
- Drunk actor survives auto crash
- Get trained, dance has moved up, Lawal tells young dancers
- Nods as Uche Jumbo reacts to report of marriage crash
- 10 Days in Sun City lands AY Makun South African Government partnership
- ‘Alter Ego’ brings Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde back to action
- Why I said sharia affects cinema culture in Northern Nigeria —Actor Ali Nuhu
- Basketmouth, I Go Dye, Bovi, others spin yarns in Benin City
- NASH drops Good Loving
- FG to engage 200,000 community health workers nationwide
- Death from bleeding after childbirth still much in Nigeria —Minister
- Gov Okowa gives approval for launch of contributory health scheme in July
- Nkwegu, others bag African Child Prize 2017
- Education, not GDP, determines Africa’s wealth ―Expert
- Death from bleeding after childbirth still much in Nigeria —Minister
- Daily glass of milk saves children from malnutrition —Expert
- ‘We target 10 % increase in contraceptive prevalence rate in Oyo’
- National Assembly lauds health nutrition intervention in Borno State
- World blood donor day: Less than 1 per cent of Nigerians donate blood ―Expert
- 5.6 Million Children At Risk of Waterborne Diseases, Says Unicef [Premium Times] As the rainy season begins, United Nations Children's Fund, UNICEF, has warned that more than 5.6 million children are at increased risk of contracting waterborne diseases, such as cholera and diarrhoea infections, in conflict-affected areas of countries around Lake Chad.
- Buhari Speaks From London, Greets Muslims On Sallah [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has sent a message of greetings to Nigerian Muslims and Christians on the occasion of the Eid-el-Fitr, urging all citizens to resolve to live in peace and avoid making reckless statements, his office said.
- Shiites 'Attacked' in Kaduna During Procession [Premium Times] Two children were injured Friday in Kaduna during a procession by Shiites, witnesses sect told our reporter.
- AU Welcomes UN Resolution of Joint Force for Sahel States [Premium Times] The African Union, AU, on Friday welcomed the UN Resolution for the deployment of a joint force for the Group of Five for Sahel States, FC-G5S.
- Ex-Militant Leaders Resolve to Support Buhari's Peace Initiatives [Daily Trust] Ex-militant leaders of phases 2 and 3 had resolved in Port Harcourt, Rivers, to support President Muhammadu Buhari's peace initiatives for the region.
- Police Arrest Military Member of Evans' Kidnap Gang [This Day] As the police strives to unravel the mystery behind the legendary and notorious billionaire kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeje Onwuamadike, alias Evans, it was saturday revealed that they have nabbed another member of the gang; a military personnel.
- Tinubu Speaks On Calls for Secession, Break-Up of Nigeria [Premium Times] A former Lagos governor and All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, has spoken against those calling for violence or issuing quit notice to other Nigerians to leave their areas to desist from such.
- Gov Wike Sacks Cabinet [Vanguard] Port Harcourt -Governor Nyesom Wike has dissolved his cabinet.
- Nigerian Journalist Detained While Covering Rally Released [Premium Times] A Kaduna-based journalist, Ibraheem Yakubu, who was arrested while covering a protest in Kaduna has been released.
- Nigerian Muslims End 2017 Ramadan Fast, Declare Sallah [Premium Times] The Sultan of Sokoto, Abubakar Saad, has announced the sighting of the new crescent of "Shawwal", signifying the end of Ramadan fasting for Nigerian Muslims.
- 5.6 Million Children At Risk of Waterborne Diseases As Rainy Season Hits Communities Affected By Lake Chad Crisis [Unicef] Dakar/ Geneva/Abuja -More than 5.6 million children are at increased risk of contracting waterborne diseases, such as cholera and diarrheal infections, as the rainy season begins in conflict-affected areas of countries around Lake Chad, UNICEF warned today. The threat of disease outbreaks in Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Nigeria coincides with growing regional insecurity and increased population movements particularly in Nigeria's northeast.
- Ethnic Agitation - Military Gives Nigerians Code to Report Threats, Emergencies [Premium Times] The Defence Headquarters on Friday assured Nigerians that their lives and property are safe and secured wherever they choose to reside in the nation.
- Recruitment of 7,500 Tax Officers - Nigerian Govt. Begins Training of Pilot Set [Premium Times] The Nigerian government says it has commenced training of unemployed graduates recruited as Community Tax Liaison Officers to boost tax revenue generation.
- Teachers Protest FG's Plan to Handover Primary School Teachers' Salaries to LG [Vanguard] THOUSANDS of teachers in Ebonyi State, yesterday, protested against the alleged plan by the Federal Government to hand over the payment of primary school teachers' salaries to local governments in Nigeria.
- Supreme Court Sacks Abubakar, Hembe From Nass [Guardian] Orders Them To Refund Two Years Salaries, Allowances Within 90 Days
- the Travails of Sacked Nigerian Senator, Abubakar Danladi [Premium Times] The sack by the Supreme Court of Abubakar Danladi, the senator representing Taraba North, from the upper legislative chamber, on Friday was not only shocking but also enthralling.
- Nigerian Journalist Arrested in Kaduna [Premium Times] A Kaduna-based journalist, Ibraheema Yakubu, who reports for the Hausa service of Deutsche Welle, DW radio, Germany, was arrested Friday by the police while covering a clash between Shiite sect and a Kaduna community.
- Supreme Court Sacks Nigerian Senator [Premium Times] The Supreme Court has sacked Abubakar Danladi from the Nigerian Senate.
- Why I Played Strong Sex Scenes in My Latest Film - Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde [Premium Times] Leading actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, has returned to Nollywood. After a three-year hiatus, the 39-year-old is lined up to debut "Alter Ego" alongside Wole Ojo and Jide Kosoko.
- The Many Controversies of Sacked Nigerian Lawmaker, Herman Hembe [Premium Times] The Supreme Court of Nigeria on Friday sacked Herman Hembe from the House of Representatives.
- ICPC Has Power to Investigate Any Person - Court [Vanguard] A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos, yesterday, affirmed the powers of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC, to investigate allegations of corrupt practices made against any person or authority in Nigeria, even if the allegations arose in civil disputes.
- 'Police Helped Me to Buy Guns' [Daily Trust] Lagos -A 52-year-old man, Ailabojie Aikpaojie, who was arrested for illegal possession of firearms at Mushin area of Lagos, said the police facilitated the purchase of three pump action rifles found on him by some policemen in Lagos.
- Dino Melaye Asks Court to Stop Recall Process [Premium Times] The Kogi State senator, Dino Melaye, on Friday launched a judicial bid to save his seat, a day after electoral officials notified him of an ongoing exercise to recall him.
- senior Nigerian Lawyer Stripped of San Title [Premium Times] Nigeria's legal practitioners privileges committee has stripped a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, B. I. Nwofor, of his title as senior advocate.
- Movie Producer Seeks Support for Female Filmmakers [Guardian] Happy Julian, Nollywood actress and producer, has called for support for women filmmakers in Nigeria to enable them contribute effectively towards the growth of the industry.
- Prompted By Lagos Govt. Lawyer, Judge Orders Journalists Out of Court [Premium Times] A judge of the Lagos Division of the Lagos State High Court Friday ordered journalists out of the courtroom during the hearing of a suit filed against the Lagos State Government and five others by the Incorporated Trustees, Association of Waste Managers of Nigeria, otherwise known as Private Sector Participation operators of wastes.
- Can We Ban Afrobeats? [Guardian] Last Wednesday, Nigeria marked World Music Day with the rest of the world. For me, the day was two-parts celebration, one-part reflection. While Nigerian pop music has never been as accepted globally as it is right now, it is frustrating that we've allowed the imperfect title of 'Afrobeats' to define its rise.
- Troubled UI Recalls Students As Union Insists On Identity Cards, Other Demands [Premium Times] The authorities of the University of Ibadan on Friday announced July 2 for the re-opening of the institution for normal academic activities.
- Are 30 of Nigeria's 36 States Behind On Pension Payouts? [Africa Check] For decades, the plight of retired people in Nigeria has been dire. Pensioners have died while queueing for their cheques while many don't receive them at all. Are most of Nigeria's states presently indebted to retirees, as a union official said?
- Govt Declares Monday June 26, Tuesday June 27 Public Holiday [Premium Times] The federal government has declared Monday and Tuesday, June 26 and 27, as Public Holiday to mark Eid-el-fitr celebration.
- Never Miss Your Flight Check-in Again Using This Ever been on a plane before? Then you know the stress before departure: When does check-in open? What is my booking code? Will I get an aisle or window seat? ‘AirlineCheckins.com’ – a product from the Lufthansa Innovation Hub – provides a solution for this problem once and for all and automatically checks travellers in [&hellip...
- Helping African Companies Prepare for Growth in the Digital Environment Epicor customer event highlighted how local businesses can use technology trends and strategies to become regionally and globally competitive Driven by significant growth in smartphone adoption, Africa is poised to become the skills pool for the world....
- Popular online math app now in South Africa Helping your children with their school homework these days is enough to give any parent anxiety. Having to differentiate between mathematics and mathematics literacy and the modern curriculum can be baffling. Smartick, an online afterschool math program...
- African Countries With The Most Tech Hubs Ranked Africa is known as the motherland, the birth of mankind, where it all began. Yet for many years it has also been called the “dark continent” due to the rate of development of many countries. This perception is changing quickly, with hundreds of...
- Tigo Ghana to launch SuperSMS network with UK Partner Tigo Ghana will be the next mobile operator to launch its SuperSMS network in partnership with Onem Communications, a London-based telco. The newly launched network will be providing access to what it is being largely describes as “a growing ecosystem...
- Tigo Tanzania to expand Network Tigo Tanzania has announced plans to further expand their network. The mobile operator has made an investment of $70 million, over Sh150 billion in 2017. Last year the operator invested $75 million adding new 535 sites with 3G technology and upgraded 408...
- Microsoft Offer SA Students Free Office 365 and OneDrive Microsoft South Africa, together with Intervate and 2enable, have announced the creation of a portal for young South Africans called Mahala.ms. Through this portal young people will be be able to activate Microsoft licenses for the Microsoft Office 365 suite...
- How drones will support future fire disaster management In the midst of the worst wildfire to strike the southern Cape coast, South Africa in over 150 years, drones slowly started coming into play as a local firefighting and disaster management tool. Firefighters issued a call for drones equipped with heat mapping...
- Industroyer- The Malware That Could Leave You In Darkness Cyber-security firms ESET and Dragos have unearthed a new malware that can disrupt power grids leading to blackouts for days. The malware has been named Industroyer by ESET, while Dragos has termed it as CrashOverride in their respective analyses. Whatever be...
- NetApp appoints new Country Manager for South Africa and SADC Region Today NetApp, a data management and cloud storage solutions provider, announces the appointment of Morne Bekker as the new South African Country Manager and District Manager for the SADC Region. Bringing with him a wealth of experience in the IT industry,...
- How to use less data without doing less With Yesterdays supposed Social Media Blackout in South Africa intending at highlighting the extensive price of mobile data in the country, millions of mobile users across the world not just in South Africa search for way to curb their data usage and thus...
- Mobile solutions provider launches new IoT services Workz Group, the mobile solutions and serialization software company has announced a agreement with UK telecoms software company Simulity Labs. The Value-Added Reseller agreement sees Workz provide Simulity regional commercial and technical support for...
- Whatsapp group admins could be held liable for member’s posts Messaging platform, Whatsapp has recently come under the spotlight in India. The most recent incident saw the administrator of a WhatsApp group face arrest after a defamatory image of the Prime Minister of the country was shared on a WhatsApp group created by...
- DHL to leverage Internet of Things in Logistics DHL Supply Chain, the contract logistics specialist within the Deutsche Post DHL Group, in collaboration with Cisco and start-up Conduce, have forged ahead on their path of digitalisation by implementing Internet of Things technology into warehousing to...
- What you need to ask your reseller when buying a device With so many brands to choose from, buying a new device is not as simple as selecting the device of your choice and making the payment. Buyers need to consider factors such the camers, if the devices addresses their needs, battery performance, the device...
- Philips tackling the evolving lighting industry Philips Lighting celebrated their one year anniversary of becoming a standalone company today at a media event at their offices in Johannesburg, South Africa. At the event, Reggie Nxumalo, GM of Philips Lighting Southern Africa, spoke of the evolving sector...