- I Would Have Become a Sex Worker, Actress Dokubo Says [Vanguard] Popular actress, Hilda Dokubo hasn't been in the public glare for a while now. Even before she served as a Special Adviser on Youth Affairs to former Rivers State Governor, Peter Odili, she had rarely been seen in movies.
- Politicians Trade Words Over Supreme Court Judges [Leadership] Leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bayelsa State yesterday engaged in accusation and counter accusations on the alleged attempts to bribe the judges of the Supreme Court, over the state governorship appeal either in favor of Governor Seriake Dickson and the former governor, Chief Timipre Sylva.
- Former Aviation Minister Fani-Kayode Re-Arrested [Leadership] The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday re-arrested embattled former Minister of Aviation Chief Femi Fani-Kayode at the premises of the Federal High Court in Lagos.
- Expired Rice Flood Market [Leadership] There are strong indications that expired foreign rice smuggled into the country may have flooded Nigerian markets, LEADERSHIP can report.
- Aisha Buhari's Gift to Nigerian Soldiers [Leadership] Appreciation stimulates in variously. And when it comes from a mother, it is more endearing and bubbles emotions of happiness in the person infinitely. The stream of joy from this simple act strengthens and fires the zeal to spiritedly step out to do more.
- We Don't Need You, Buhari's Daughter Replies Ezekwesili, BBOG [Premium Times] The Africa Support and Empowerment Initiative, AFRISEI, has rejected allegations of franchise infringement by the Bring Back Our Girls, BBOG, group, led by former Education Minister, Oby Ezekwesili.
- VP Osinbajo Canvasses Re-Orientation [Leadership] Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has stressed the need for re-orientation of Nigerian citizens so as to wipeout corruption in the country.
- Amaechi, Stakeholders Decry Neglect Automotive Policy [Guardian] Abuja -Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi has expressed concern over the continuing neglect of the country's automotive policy by Nigerians, saying that preference for used cars popularly known as Tokunbo is killing the economy.
- 'Friends, Lion Clubs Not Secret Cults' [Guardian] The President, Awka Friends Club, Chief Ndubisi Nwobu said membership is open to people from the Southeast, but not restricted to the zone.
- Where Are Social Clubs of Yesteryears? [Guardian] Before Nigeria's Independence, social clubs were already in existence in the country. Although then, it was more of foreigners' affair, alongside few privileged Nigerians.
- Osinbajo - No Arm of Government Will Be Spared in Anti-Corruption War [Guardian] Nigeria's Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), has said that none of the three arms of government-executive, legislature and judiciary- will be spared in the fight against corruption, which he described as the root cause of poverty and under-development experienced in the country.
- FCT Chief Judge Orders Trial of Dasuki in One Court [Guardian] The Chief Judge of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Justice Ishaq Bello, has ordered that the trial of former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd), on corruption charges before two high courts of the FCT be brought to one court.
- Food Industry Worth Over U.S.$3 Billion - Report [Guardian] The Association of Fast Food and Confectioners of Nigerian (AFFCON), an umbrella body of Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) has revealed that the Nigerian food industry is estimated to worth over a trillion Naira, with the Fast Food segment gulping over N250 billion, and this number is still expected to rise in the future.
- Trial of Chief of Air Force Staff, Amosu Stalled [This Day] The ongoing trial of the former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosu (rtd) and 10 others before the Federal High Court in Lagos was yesterday stalled due to the demand by one of the defence counsel, Norrison Quakers (SAN) that an Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) witness, Mojeed Olatunji, should produce his international passport.
- FG, Health Workers Set for Showdown [Guardian] The national leadership of the Joint Health Sector Unions (JOHESU) and the Assembly of Health Care Professionals have vowed to resist the current efforts by government to reinstate the Medical Director of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Owerri.
- Should Alleged Corrupt Judges Resign? [Guardian] Lagos lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa has said the sudden turn around and suggestion by the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), urging judges who are currently being investigated for alleged corruption to step aside does not represent the aggregate opinion of all reasonable lawyers who are lovers of equity, justice, rule of law and the independence of the judiciary.
- Ikoyi Club... Wedlock Made in 1938 [Guardian] The club premises were beehive of activities when this reporter visited, with posh cars, obviously owned by members, pulling in and out. While some were at the clubhouse this afternoon for leisure, others came for business meetings and general networking.
- First Lady Not Against President - Ruling Party Chieftain [This Day] A chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kaduna State, Yusuf Ali has said that contrary to insinuations by some people, the president's wife was totally committed to the success of the current administration headed by her husband, President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Ola Aina - Super Eagles On His Mind? [This Day] Wooing European players of Nigerian origin for the Super Eagles is apparently becoming a norm for the eggheads of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF. Chelsea's new kid, Ola Aina is the latest player likely to be wooed by the NFF and may join Nigeria's 2018 World Cup qualifying train. Kunle Adewale reports
- Fakeye, Friends Tabletennis Tourney Holds At Ikoyi Club [This Day] Gbolahan Okuneye and friends in the Table Tennis Section of Ikoyi Club is organising a one-day Lagos State Junior boys and girls table tennis tournament today.
- 'Justice Ngwuta's Allegation Frivolous, Unfounded' [This Day] The Minister of Science and Technology, Mr. Ogbonnaya Onu, on Friday said the petition written against him by Justice Sylvester Nwali Ngwuta to the Chief Justice of the Federation and Chairman of the National Judicial Council. alleging that he was involved in influencing the judiciary was frivolous and unfounded.
- Ugwuanyi Lauded On Zik Tourist Centre and Transport Infrastructure [This Day] Enugu State Governor, Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has been commended for the on-going rehabilitation and upgrading into a tourist centre, the official residence of the late premier of former Eastern Region for the celebration and immortalization of the legacies of the late foremost Pan-Africanist, exemplary nationalist, doyen of journalism, great leader and first indigenous President of Nigeria, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe.
- Unions Collaborate On Fraud-Free Pension Payroll [This Day] The managements of the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) have reiterated their commitment to the collaboration towards the establishment of a fraud-free pensioners' database.
- Mimiko Tasks Police Over Security Aide's Killing [This Day] Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State has described DSP Idowu Oyewole, the Mobile Police Officer in Charge of his convoy who was killed by armed robbers on Wednesday, as a dutiful and dedicated officer, just as he charged Police authorities to ensure his killers were found.
- Abuja, Kwara Shine At Ilorin Play-Off [This Day] It was battle of supremacy as state school teams competing of the ongoing season three of the Etisalat U-15 School Cup football competition with Abuja and Kwara state dictate proceedings at the Ilorin centre.
- New Oba of Benin, True Symbol of Benin Heritage? [This Day] All Progressives Congress (APC) stalwart, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has described the new Oba of Benin, Omo N'Oba N'Edo Uku Akpolopkolo, Oba Ewuare 11, as a worthy son succeeding his noble father and a true symbol of Benin cultural heritage.
- 98 Drug Suspects Nabbed in Ebonyi [Premium Times] The Ebonyi State Command of the National Drug law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) says it has arrested 98 persons for their alleged involvement in illicit drugs since January 2016.
- Former Finance Minister Now Board Member Asian Investment Bank [This Day] Nigeria's former minister of finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has been appointed a member of the international advisory panel of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
- Judiciary Wing of the Wailers Go for Amaechi's Jugular [Vanguard] As soon as the Department of State Services (DSS), in obedience to relevant laws of the land relating to arrest and detention, released arrested Justices on personal recognition within 24 hours of arrest, a certain mixed feelings enveloped yours truly. Over time, the mixed feelings quickly transmuted into a cross breed of fear and eeriness.
- 'We Drank Water From a Well With a Corpse Inside' [Vanguard] Deported migrants, hitherto Europe-bound, have recounted distressing narratives of their journeys via the Sahara Desert, Libya and the perilous Mediterranean Sea.
- South Africa: Galaxy Note7 not allowed on flights Samsung South Africa, in support of the global recall and banning of Galaxy Note7 devices from flights, is implementing an exchange programme with exchange kiosks at major local airports. As a precautionary measure Samsung South Africa is setting up these exchange kiosks at the departure points at OR Tambo, Cape Town and Durban international airports,...
- Botswana Power Corporation and Liquid Telecom ink JV Botswana Power Corporation (BPC) and Liquid Telecom have agreed to enter into a joint venture. The agreement will see BPC lease excess optical fibres from its network to Liquid Telecom, creating a new telecoms network provider with extensive reach across...
- 5 ways to lower your cellular charges while travelling Being in a completely strange place without having anything in common,exploring new cultures and destinations brings you the ultimate happiness. You can have the time of your life until something very ‘’little’’ just spoils your entire vacation. One...
- 2-day bootcamp for mobile tech startups in Cape Town announced Early-stage venture capital firm and innovation accelerator, Nest has announced a partnership with MTN Solution Space at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business (UCT GSB) to launch an intensive 2-day bootcamp for mobile tech startups in Cape...
- South Africa: Students to enjoy free internet access on university campuses South Africa’s university students will now be able to access their online curriculum without incurring data costs, thanks to a decision by MTN to zero rate access to university online content. MTN announced that it will allow university students free...
- Mastercard, Ecobank ink deal to reach 100 Million customers by 2020 The Ecobank Group has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mastercard to roll-out Masterpass QR, a mobile payment solution, across 33 African countries. This new agreement will give Ecobank the scale and capacity to achieve its 100 million customer...
- 6 things you didn’t know you could do with your smartphone A majority of us have and use smartphones on the daily, but how many of us actually maximize its functions? Aside from voice calls, social networking, telling the time, listening to music and maybe using the device as a flashlight, there are so many other...
- South African mobile operator offers free access on campuses Cell C will offer students from universities across the country free access to university websites in a bid to assist them to access course material necessary to complete the year. “We know students are facing a tough time at the moment, and many need to...
- Uber Nigeria partners FirstBank in used vehicle finance deal Uber Nigeria (Uber.com) today announced that it is now making low-interest, used-vehicle loans available to its top-rated driver-partners. The pioneering move is the result of partnerships entered into between Uber Nigeria and First Bank of Nigeria Limited,...
- Kenya: Ringier partners with entertainment brand, Ghafla As part of its continued expansion, Ringier Africa Digital Publishing (RADP), Ringier Africa’s publishing company, will work with Kenya’s top entertainment website ‘Ghafla’ (Ghafla.co.ke). The partnership sees Kenya’s leading entertainment platform...
- Here are some of the startups that launched during Lagos Startupweek With over 2000+ entrepreneurs in attendance , 40+ events featuring many Nigerian entrepreneurs, The Grand finale of the Lagos Startupweek ended with 6 amazing startups launching several products. The program was geared towards helping startups successfully...
- T-Systems cloud audited by Deloitte In a bold move to provide documented assurance to customers, T-Systems South Africa (TSSA) has undertaken to have its private cloud platform ISAE 3402 audited by reputable audit firm, Deloitte & Touche. T-Systems South Africa understand the strict audit...
- Air Mauritius partners IBM Air Mauritius has inked a five-year technology and services deal with IBM for Cloud and Analytics technologies delivered as services to fuel its long-term growth plans. The Mauritian national airline, the fourth largest in Africa, has been connecting the...
- First Global Online Investment Marketplace with Integrated Blockchain Launched Today, Wealth Migrate became the first Fintech enabled online investment marketplace to integrate blockchain technology in a move that significantly enhances security and privacy protections for investors around the globe. Wealth Migrate Chief Information...
- Cybersecurity skills gap is a danger to businesses The number of cyber attacks being carried out globally is continuously growing, and has seen significant acceleration in the last five years. A recent study by PwC found that the number of cyber security incidents across all industries rose by 38% in 2015 –...
- Software AG and Bosch join forces Software AG has entered a strategic innovation partnership with Robert Bosch GmbH (“Bosch”) to develop new joint services and solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0. Furthermore, both companies today agreed to collaborate on sales...