- ABDUCTED SCHOOLGIRLS: THE MISTAKE I MADE, BY PRINCIPAL
- Boko Haram allegation: Buhari to sue PDP
- APC govs shun security meeting at Aso Rock •Why our govs did not attend —APC •Jonathan insists on full attendance, fixes next meeting for Wednesday
- Stop pursuing individual agenda, HID counsels Yoruba leaders
- JAMB releases 2014 UTME results: 47 candidates, out of 1 million, score above 250
- ABDUCTED SCHOOLGIRLS RESCUED, 8 STILL MISSING •1 terrorist captured
- Nyanya: Some victims discharged, others in stable condition
- Funsho Williams was strangled to death —Pathologist
- Why we zoned gov ticket to Lagos East —APC •Ambode may be picked
- Insecurity: IBB, Kalu in closed-door meeting
- Boko Haram abducts 136 school girls in Borno
- Bomb scare in NASS •Offices, banks shut, workers rush home
- 2 bomb victims have died —Minister •FG to conduct DNA test on victims
- Kogi Speaker’s children kidnapped
- Nyanya bomb blast: More Nigerians react...
- BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram: 16 killed, 136 Girls abducted, as gunmen attack Chibok, Burnt down Girls School, LG Secretariat, houses in Borno
- Nigeria: Fate of 115 abducted girls unknown MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — The fate of 115 female students abducted by Islamic extremists was thrown into uncertainty Thursday when their school principal denied the Nigerian military's report that almost all the pupils had been freed.
- Violence surges from Islamic uprising in Nigeria LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Suspected Muslim extremists kidnapped about 100 girls Tuesday from a school in northeastern Nigeria, less than a day after militants bombed a bus station and killed 75 people in the capital — a surge of violence that raised new doubts about the military's ability to contain an Islamic uprising.
- 115 Nigeria schoolgirls still missing after kidnap Maiduguri (Nigeria) (AFP) - A Nigerian school principal on Thursday denied military reports that most of the girls kidnapped by Islamist gunmen were now safe, as parents continued a desperate search for more than 100 children still held captive. A defence ministry spokesman, Chris Olukolade, claimed on Wednesday that all but eight of the 129 girls kidnapped from the Government Girls Secondary ...
- Nigeria rebels abduct schoolgirls, govt says will protect "African Davos" By Felix Onuah and Lanre Ola ABUJA/MAIDUGURI Nigeria (Reuters) - Suspected Islamist insurgents abducted more than 100 female students in a night raid on a government secondary school in Nigeria's northeast Borno state, a teacher said on Tuesday. The gunmen, believed to be members of the Boko Haram Islamist group which has attacked schools in the northeast before as part of their anti-government ...
- Nigeria local authorities say most of abducted schoolgirls still missing Authorities in Nigeria's northeast Borno state denied on Thursday a statement by the armed forces which had said most of the more than 100 schoolgirls abducted by Islamist rebels had been freed in a military rescue operation. "As I am talking to you now, only 14 of the students have returned," an aide to Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima told Reuters, asking not to be named. The assertion ...
- Nigeria: Fate of 100+ abducted girls unknown MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — The fate of more than 100 girls and young women abducted by Islamic extremists was thrown into uncertainty Thursday when their school principal denied a report from Nigeria's military that almost all the students were free.
- Nigeria vows to protect May "African Davos" in bomb-hit capital By Felix Onuah and Camillus Eboh ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria pledged on Tuesday to deploy more than 6,000 police and soldiers to protect a World Economic Forum on Africa in Abuja next month, a day after a bomb attack by suspected Islamist militants on the capital's outskirts killed dozens. Monday's bombing at a crowded bus station killed 71 people, the deadliest ever attack on Abuja, and has ...
- Nigeria rebels abduct schoolgirls, government says will protect 'African Davos' By Felix Onuah and Lanre Ola ABUJA/MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (Reuters) - Suspected Islamist insurgents abducted more than 100 female students in a night raid on a government secondary school in Nigeria's northeast Borno state, a teacher said on Tuesday. The gunmen, believed to be members of the Boko Haram Islamist group which has attacked schools in the northeast before as part of their anti-government ...
- Nigeria government revenues hit 614.36 bln naira in March, down 7.8 pct month/month Nigeria's government revenues fell 7.8 percent month-on-month to 614.36 billion naira in March, from 666.75 billion naira received the previous month, due to oil outages, Accountant General Jonah Otunla said on Wednesday. But total revenue to be distributed to the three tiers of government in Africa's largest economy - federal, state and local - came to 641.38 billion naira in March, almost ...
- Nigeria's wild Premier League statistics Last season, 10 of Nigeria's 20 top-flight teams were unbeaten at home. None of them got more then three away wins. Why? Notice anything curious about the league table below? It shows the final standings of the Nigeria Premier League, which finished last week. Kano Pillars became the first club in a decade to win back-to-back titles but look beyond that and ask yourself this: have you ever seen ...
- Abducted Schoolgirls Still Missing [Daily Trust]Military authorities last night admitted that none of the abducted Borno schoolgirls had been rescued, a day after claiming that troops had freed all but 8 of the 129 students.
- Abducted Girls Still not Rescued - Principal [Vanguard]Maiduguri -THE Borno State Government and Principal of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, in Borno State, Mrs. Asabe Aliyu Kwarmbula have denied reports that most of the abducted girls have been rescued.
- Officials Say Military Lied about Rescuing Girls [Premium Times]There is controversy over the rescue of abducted school girls in Borno with the state government and the school principal faulting the military's claim that most of the pupils have been freed.
- Jonathan Reschedules Meeting With Governors on Security Matters [Vanguard]The expanded National Security Council meeting with all State governors summoned by President Goodluck Jonathan has been rescheduled for April 23.
- Officials - Nigeria Secure for Economic Forum Despite Attacks [VOA]Abuja, Nigeria -After the worst attack in Abuja's history on Monday, officials say the Nigerian capital has been secured for the World Economic Forum for Africa next month. These comments come amid conflicting statements on the abduction of more than 100 schoolgirls, and ongoing violence in the north. President Goodluck Jonathan summoned his security council.
- Nigerian Principal Says Most Abducted Girls Still Missing [VOA]The principal of a Nigerian school where 107 girls were abducted Wednesday is denying a military announcement that most of the girls have been recovered.
- Bulkachuwa Becomes First Female Appeal Court President [Leadership]Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa was yesterday sworn in as the first female president of the Court of Appeal by Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Justice Mariam Aloma Mukhtar, who urged Bulkachuwa not to drag the name of the judiciary in the mud.
- NNPC Injects 293 Million Litres of Petrol Into Market [Vanguard]The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, and its downstream subsidiary, the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, PPMC, have injected 293, 326, 011 litres of premium motor spirit, otherwise called petrol, into filling stations across the country .
- Nigerian President Holds Emergency Security Talks, Following Attacks [VOA]Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has held an emergency meeting with his top security officials, in the wake of a string of deadly attacks and the abduction of more than 100 schoolgirls.
- Navy Seizes 37 Ships [Daily Trust]Lagos -The Western Command of the Nigerian Navy said yesterday that it arrested about 37 ships over their alleged involvement in crimes within the nation's territorial waters in the past three months.
- Senator Wants Special Exams for Abducted Girls [Daily Trust]Senator Magnus Abe (APC, Rivers) has called on authorities of the West African Examination Council (WEAC) to organize special exams at a secured venue for the 129 girls that were abducted by the Boko Haram sect in Borno State.
- Another Kano Commissioner Resigns [Daily Trust]Kano -Kano State Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Recourses, Dr. Baraka Sani, has resigned as member of the State Executive Council. The resignation brought to two the number of commissioners who have resigned their appointments in the present administration.
- Unprecedented Wave of Terror Divides Nation [Deutsche Welle]In Nigeria violence has reached a new dimension with four attacks in three days. Instead of uniting against the terror, government and opposition politicians are trading accusations as the country drifts into chaos.
- Preacher, Helen Ukpabio, Faces UK Ban [Premium Times]Nollywood actress turned preacher, Helen Ukpabio, may be deported and banned from the United Kingdom for her sermons which have been deemed harmful to youngsters and the public, the U.K. Daily Mail has reported.
- Davido, Tuface, Wizkid Nominated for MTV Africa Music Awards [Premium Times]Some of Nigeria's biggest music stars, Davido, PSquare, 2Face, Wizkid, and others have been nominated for the prestigious MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA).
- Obanikoro - Opposition's Attack On Me Distracting [This Day]The Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, has said the opposition's attack on him is distracting, adding that the coordinated and relentless media assault on his person and office is to demonise him in the public.
- 'Military Lied Over Chibok Abducted Girls' - School Principal [Daily Trust]Mrs Asabe Kwambura, the Principal of GGSS Chibok in Borno State where over 100 female students were abducted by suspected Boko Haram terrorists today said she was shocked when she heard of claims by Nigerian military authorities that only eight girls are yet to be found.
- Boko Haram - Retract Accusation Against Me or Face Legal Action, Buhari Tells PDP [Vanguard]A former head of state and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammad's Buhari, has issued a seven-day ultimatum to the PDP to retract its wild accusation linking him with the Boko Haram terrorist acts, tender an unreserved public apology to him or face a legal action.
- Confab Delegates Protest C'ttees' Composition [Vanguard]Abuja -IT was a stormy session, yesterday, at the Andrews Otutu Obaseki Auditorium, venue of the ongoing National Conference, as delegates protested the composition of membership of the 20 standing committees, complaining that there was no fairness and equity in the appointment of chairmen and deputy chairmen of committees.
- Military's Claim On Freeing 107 Abducted Girls False - Principal [Leadership]Borno State government and management of Government Girls Secondary School (GGSS) Chibok where over 100 school girls were abducted by Boko Haram gunmen on Tuesday, have said the military's claim on freeing 107 of the missing girls is false.
- Students' Abduction Latest - How We Escaped - School Girls [Vanguard]SOME of the abducted students of Girls Government Secondary School, Chibok in Borno State yesterday narrated how they escaped from the terrorists.
- We Have Links to Nyanya Bombers- - Police [Vanguard]Two days after the Nyanya Motor Park bombing by terrorists, which claimed the lives of over 100 persons, police have said they now have links that will possibly lead to the arrest of the perpetrators of the crime.
- 99 Schoolgirls Still Missing [This Day]The claim by the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) that the military had secured the release of 107 schoolgirls who were abducted by members of Boko Haram has been disputed by the Borno State Government and the Principal of Government Girls' Secondary School, Chibok, Mrs. Asabe Kwambura.
- Senator - Taraba Killings Politically Motivated [This Day]The senator representing Taraba North senatorial district in the National Assembly, Senator Emmanuel Bwacha, Thursday alleged that a cabal that is opposed to power shift from the central district to the south as canvassed by the ailing Governor Danbaba Suntai are behind the recent killings in some parts of the state.
- Boko Haram - Buhari Threatens PDP With Legal Action [This Day]Vexed by what he termed as false accusation aimed at smearing his image, former Head of State and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, has issued a seven-day ultimatum to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to retract its accusation linking him with Boko Haram and tender an unreserved public apology or face a legal action.
- Yuguda - Over 1,000 Delegates Registered for World Economic Forum [This Day]FG reassures participants of security James Emejo The supervising Minister of National Planning (NPC), Mr. Bashir Yuguda, has said over 1,000 delegates from various countries have so far registered for the World Economic Africa (WEF Africa) scheduled to hold in Abuja next month.
- House Leader Leads Female Lawmakers to Visit Nyanya Bomb Blast Victims [This Day]Muhammad Bello and Paul Obi The Majority Leader, House of Representatives, Hon. Mulikat Akande-Adeola (PDP-Oyo), yesterday visited the survivors of the Monday bomb blast that claimed many lives in Nyanya, a suburb of Abuja.
- FG Reassures Int'l Community of Safety During WEFA [Vanguard]The Federal Government has reassured the international community of the safety of all participants during the World Economic Forum on Africa meeting scheduled to hold in Abuja next month.
- Nigerian Navy Credible, Strong to Curb Oil Theft - FOC [Leadership]The Flag Officer Commanding, (FOC), Western Naval Command, Rear Admiral Sanmi Alade, said on Thursday that the Navy had credible platforms to curb oil theft in the country.
- DSS - N10 Million Ransom Paid for Release of Kidnapped Kattey [This Day]Ernest Chinwo The Department of State Security (DSS) has said N10 million was paid as ransom before the release of the Dean of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) and Arch-bishop of the Niger Delta Province of the Church, Bishop Ignatius Kattey, who was kidnapped last year.
- Late Justus Esiri’s Son, Dr Sid Joins Nollywood In ‘The Last 3 Digits’ Movie
- Eko: The Blessing Of Olofin, True Story Of Lagos: Orisha Bunmi, Chief Kanran, Jide Kosoko Star In New Movie
- Watch Jim Iyke Unscripted Season 3 Teaser..Season 2 Final Episode Airs On Africa Magic Tonight
- Wives On Strike: Pregnant Uche Jombo, Julius Agwu & Omoni Oboli Star In New Movie
- Desmond Elliot & 22 Nollywood Movie Directors At Colorado Film School
- John Dumelo In Nigeria: Ghanaian Actor Takes Selfie On Ikoyi Bridge At Midnight
- Monalisa Chinda Dumps Boyfriend, Lanre Nzeribe, Resigns As Magazine Editor
- “Laide Bakare Is A Gold Digger, She’ll Soon Leave Her New Husband” – Ex-Hubby Blasts Nollywood Actress
- Nollywood Actress Dies Of Heart Attack In Lagos..RIP Chrisphina Adinusor
- “You’re Not Qualified As AGN President” – Emeka Ike Takes On Clarion Chukwurah
- Regina Askia Flaunts Mother & Family Members During Visit To Nigeria
- Doris Simeon’s Brother’s Wedding: Ireti Osayemi & Sola Kosoko Honour Colleague
- Charles Novia’s Comment On President Jonathan’s Daughter’s Wedding
- Beninoise Sales Girls Claims Lagos Police DPO Raped Her In Detention & Threatened To Jail Her For Life
- UK Witchcraft Group Wants Nigerian Evangelist Helen Ukpabio Deported & Banned
- Victim’s Mother Forgives Iranian Who Killed Her Child Minutes Before Execution (Photos)
- Teenager Arrested In Netherlands Over Terror Tweet To American Airlines
- Nigerian Arrested With Heroin Drug In Sandals In New Delhi India
- Ritual Killer Dressed As Mad Woman Arrested In Lagos With 2 ATM Cards, Blackberry & N100K
- WAEC Students, Girls Kidnapped By Boko Haram Escaped
- Photo: Pakistani Student Arrested With Heroin Drug At Lagos Nigeria Airport
- Boko Haram Kidnaps 100 Female Students During WAEC Exam In Chibok, Borno State
- Abuja Motor Park Bomb Explosion: Nigerian Musician Blames Celebrities Who Dine With Politicians
- Boko Haram Bomb Attack In Abuja Car Park: President Jonathan & Genevieve Nnaji Mourn Victims
- BEWARE! Kidnappers Now Using Fake Deals For ATM Theft & Murder
- Chief Edwin Clark’s Son Narrates Ordeal In Kidnappers’ Den
- Kutigi averts brawl over committee headship AN imminent brawl among some female delegates following the controversy trailing the placement of [Thursday, 17 April 2014 22:19]
- Defence Headquarters confirms principals claim over abducted students DEFENCE Headquarters has described the controversy surrounding “the efforts at securing the lives [Thursday, 17 April 2014 22:13]
- Retract accusation, apologise or face legal action, Buhari tells PDP FORMER Head of State and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, [Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:45]
- Only 14 of 129 abducted girls found DOUBT and confusion now trail the claim by the Defence Ministry spokesman, Maj.-Gen. Chris [Thursday, 17 April 2014 21:28]
- Govt declares Friday, Monday as holidays CHRISTIANS worldwide are to mark the solemnity of Good Friday today in commemoration of the [Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:40]
- Why FRCN shouldnt be allowed to probe Sanusi, by counsel • ‘He can’t escape investigation’ • Court fixes May 12 for ruling A FEDERAL High Court, Lagos [Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:38]
- JAMB releases 2014 UTME results, withholds 2,494 THE Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the results of the 2014 Unified [Thursday, 17 April 2014 21:23]
- Ademowo, Osu urge selfless service as Christians mark Good Friday AS Christians in Nigeria join their counterparts around the world to mark the crucifixion of Jesus [Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:35]
- Okon Uya, chairman of defunct NEC passes on at 71 PROFESSOR Okon Edet Uya, a professor of African and African-American History, former Deputy Vice [Thursday, 17 April 2014 21:20]
- Clergy women lament killings, others ASSOCIATION of Nigerian Women in Clergy (WIC) Thursday in Abuja lamented the unprecedented [Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:34]
- Jonathan, govs, others parley, APC denies shunning invitation • Senators want WASC exams extended for freed students PRESIDENT Goodluck JonathanThursday met [Thursday, 17 April 2014 21:08]
- APC members protest congress result at Lagos Assembly Group threatens litigation over zoning CRACKS in Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives [Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:14]
- Confab dissolves into committees, commends rescue of Borno school girls • Civil societies protest against composition of panels PLENARY session at the ongoing National [Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:46]
- All set for Delta gas city projects kick-off ALL appears set for the ground-breaking ceremony of the $16 billion Delta Gas City project in [Thursday, 17 April 2014 20:12]
- Electricity generation drops to 1,714MW • Dagogo-Jack lists options for improved power supply NIGERIA'S electricity generation has dropped [Thursday, 17 April 2014 17:09]
- CeBIH to sustain partnership with CBN, NIBSS on e-payment policy THE Committee of e-Banking Industry Heads (CeBIH) said it remains committed to strengthening the [Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:58]
- U.S. overtakes Nigeria in crude oil production THE United States od America’s crude oil production has increased dramatically in the past few [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 15:13]
- Transcorp records N11.15b gross earnings in Q1 TRANSNATIONAL Corporation of Nigeria Plc (Transcorp) has announced gross earnings of N11.15 [Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:57]
- CBN guarantees N1.1b facility to 2,060 farmers Non-oil export profile rises THE Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has guaranteed N1.05 billion [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 15:11]
- NNPC, marketers to boost fuel supply during Easter THE Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Major Oil Marketers Association of [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 15:08]
- Singapores investment firm targets second deal in Africa Lauds growth opportunities in Nigeria THE Singaporean investment company- Temasek Holdings Pte, [Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:50]
- Nigeria gets first deepwater simulation theatre in Africa AN indigenous oil servicing company, Tolmann Allied Services, has opened a Deepwater Simulation [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 15:07]
- Customs collect N77.9b revenue in first quarter THE Nigeria Customs Service said it collected N77.9 billion revenue in the first quarter of 2014. [Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:49]
- Cape Verde joins Africa Finance Corporation CAPE Verde has become the newest member of the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) with the recent [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 15:05]
- DStv BB: Dodan Warriors promise to bounce back, as Islanders confront Union Bank DODAN Warriors Basketball Club have promised to bounce back from their surprise loss to Nigeria [Thursday, 17 April 2014 22:23]
- Patience Jonathan, Shema, others for Okokus children foundation launch PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan’s wife, Patience and Katsina State first lady, Fatima Ibrahim Shema, [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 22:20]
- Greensprings/Kanu Football Camp targets 400 kids ORGANISERS of the annual Greensprings/Kanu Football Camp say they are targeting over 400 kids for [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 22:10]
- African athletes converge in Okpekpe for training ATHLETES from some African countries and Nigeria are currently in the mountainous community of [Thursday, 17 April 2014 22:17]
- Odoko sees future champions, as Warri Tennis clinic ends FORMER Nigerian tennis player, Roy Odoko, says the country will rule Africa once again in the game [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 21:14]
- Heineken picks Lucky winners for UEFA Champions League final IT was excitement galore at the Heineken House Lagos last Wednesday when two of the final five [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 20:43]
- Peak explains support for Eagles World Cup campaign PUBLIC and Regulatory Affairs Manager, FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria plc, Ore Famurewa, has [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 20:35]
- Etim warns Nigerians against pushing Keshi to select wrong players FORMER Super Eagles star, Etim Esin, has urged Nigerians to allow Keshi to take his time in [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 22:41]
- Midwestern Oil, Gas Junior Tennis Championship debuts May 12 A new national tennis championship, the Midwestern Oil & Gas Junior Tennis Championship, has [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 20:26]
- SuperSport unveils programme for Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup SUPERSPORT yesterday announced that it has secured the rights to screen all the matches of the [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 22:25]
- Midwestern Oil, Gas Junior Tennis Championship debuts May 12 A new national tennis championship, the Midwestern Oil & Gas Junior Tennis Championship, has [Wednesday, 16 April 2014 20:26]
News China court jails anti-corruption activists A Chinese court has jailed four activists linked to the New Citizens’ Movement, which campaigns for government transparency. Human rights lawyer Ding Jiaxi was jailed for three and a half years while veteran activist Zhao Changqing was jailed for two and a half years. Activists Zhang Baocheng and Li Wei each received two-year sentences. The
Obama cautious over deal to ease Ukraine crisis US President Barack Obama has cautiously welcomed a deal to calm tensions in Ukraine, reached at multi-party talks in Geneva. He said the US and its allies were ready to impose new sanctions on Russia if the situation failed to improve. Russian, Ukrainian, EU and US foreign ministers agreed that illegal military groups in Ukraine
Peru evacuates volcano area after ash cloud The authorities in Peru say they are evacuating people living near the Ubinas volcano, in the south of the country, because of increased activity. Officials said it would take three days to move 4,000 residents and their livestock to safer grounds. Ubinas, Peru’s most active volcano, recently began spewing ash clouds up to 4km (two
French troops free kidnapped Mali aid workers French troops in Mali have freed five aid workers who were kidnapped in the north of the country in February. The five were released in a raid near the northern town of Timbuktu and were in good health, the French and Malian presidents said in a joint statement. Four of those captured worked for the
Military lied about schoolgirls rescue – Principal, parents The Principal of the secondary school in Chibok, Borno State where over 100 girls were abducted by Boko Haram insurgents has described as false, the claim by the Defence Headquarters that only eight of the pupils had yet to regain their freedom. The denial on Thursday by the principal, Mrs. Asabe Aliyu, was corroborated by
HID Awolowo, Tinubu, Osoba, others seek Yoruba unity Widow of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, fondly called Awo, Chief H.I.D Awolowo, among others, on Thursday urged current generation of leaders to emulate the virtues of the late former Premier of the defunct Western Region. They spoke in Lagos, during the launching of a book, Yoruba Elites and Ethnic Politics in Nigeria: Obafemi Awolowo
Woman accuses Lagos DPO of rape A 31-year-old cook, Idowu Akinwunmi, has narrated how the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Onikan Station, SP Adekunle Awe, allegedly raped, extorted and threatened her life. The victim told PUNCH Metro that the incident occurred on April 15, 2014. She explained that on April 14 she was arrested by the police for “spurious” reasons
BHaram attacks: APC govs shun Jonathans meeting President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday adjourned an enlarged meeting with state governors on security challenges facing the country till Wednesday. The adjournment was necessitated by the absence of the All Progressives Congress governors. Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State told State House correspondents that the meeting was adjourned till 4pm on Wednesday to give
Senators visit survivors, donate N4m The Chairman, Senate Committee on FCT, Senate Smart Adeyemi, on Thursday donated N2m to the victims of the Nyanya bomb blast. Adeyemi made the donation when he visited the victims receiving treatment at the National Hospital and the Asokoro District Hospital. Adeyemi also visited the scene of the bomb explosion in Nyanya, Abuja. Adeyemi, who
ECOWAS, publisher lament killings The President of ECOWAS Commission, Mr. Kadré Ouédraogo, has condoled with President Goodluck Jonathan, bereaved families and Nigerians over Mondays bomb blast. This is contained in a statement issued by Mr. Sunny Ugoh, its Acting Director of Communication, in Abuja on Thursday. The statement stated that the latest attack reinforced the urgent need for vigilance
NEMA releases names of 126 hospitalised victims The National Emergency Management Agency has released the names of 126 victims of the Nyanya bomb blast in Abuja that were still receiving treatment as at Thursday. According to the agency, the patients are receiving treatment at various hospitals within and outside Abuja. NEMA, in the list, also provided the contacts and other details of
Elections must hold in NEast, says group A group, the North East Democratic Network, on Thursday said the Federal Government had no justifiable basis to stop elections in parts of the northeast, least of all, the Boko Haram insurgency. The group argued that since similar attacks in Abuja did not stop President Goodluck Jonathan and federal officials from going ahead with a
- IHS secures $130 million for African expansion IHS Holding, a leading telecommunications infrastructure company, has secured a further $130 million in funding from investors. The capital raised is in addition to the $490 million of debt and equity announced on 03 March 2014. IHS will use the funds to accelerate its plans for expansion into new and existing markets. “This is strong ...
- Microsoft takes aim at Africa’s biggest economy- Nigeria Technology giant Microsoft has re-emphasised its commitment to the African continent, and Nigeria specifically. According to newly-appointed General Manager for Microsoft Nigeria, Kabelo Makwane, Microsoft is committed to entrenching itself in Nigeria,...
- Google launches SA election Hub Google today launched the South African Elections Hub, an online portal where voters, journalists and campaigners can easily track all the latest news, trends and information related to the 2014 elections, set to take place on 7 May, marking 20 years of...
- Airtel first to be awarded 3G, 4G licence in Chad Mobile operator Airtel has become the first company to be awarded a 3G and 4G licence in the African nation of Chad. “Mobile devices, using either 3G or even 2.5G EDGE networks, are already the main platform for internet access in Africa, allowing people to...
- Orange to invest $28.8-million in Kenya French telco Orange, will invest a further $28.8-million in its 3G network across Kenya. The investment will see the company expanding the National Optic Fibre Backbone, and contributing to the Multi Service Access Node (MSAN). According to Orange Kenya chief...
- 67% of mobile phones sold in Kenya are smartphones New data from mobile operator Safaricom reveals that 67% of mobile phones sold in Kenya are smartphones. In addition, the report shows that in excess of 100 000 new smartphones are shipped to customers each month. “Safaricom will continue championing...
- World’s first Curved UHD TV available for SA pre-order Samsung Electronics South Africa is introducing the world’s first Curved UHD TV to South African consumers, who now have the opportunity to pre-order these sets from 11 April 2014 to 11 May 2014. According to Ansgar Pabst, Business Lead for TV/AV, Samsung...
- Afro-centric emoticons launched in South Africa They first garnered international attention with the launch of the first ethnically diverse emoticons. In fact in the past two weeks the Afro Emoticons from Oju Africa have had the world abuzz, with over 12000 downloads of the free app from Google Play in...
- What lesson Heartbleed bug teaches us At Kaspersky Lab, my job not only involves analysing malware and vulnerabilities, or merely talking about the latest security threats – but a big part of it is to also trying to explain and educate users on how to build security. When doing so, some of...
- SAP: Cloud opportunity similar to mobile in Africa Cloud computing has often been called a fad, but many experts agree that it is the future of business. While cloud adoption on the continent has been relatively slow, SAP believes that African businesses will inevitably see the benefits and take the leap....
- Fresh crisis brews in LASU, as dons threaten strike The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, of Lagos State University, LASU, branch has issued a fresh 14-day ultimatum to the institution’s management to meet its 20-point demand otherwise lecturers… ...
- Kidnapped school girls: Parents storm Boko Haram hideouts . DHQ recants, admits misinformation . 30 students rescued The parents of some of the school girls abducted from Government Girls’ Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, yesterday headed for the… ...
- More Abuja bomb patients discharged –Minister …NEMA releases names of 126 injured victims The Federal Government yesterday said some of the injured persons from the early Monday’s morning bomb blast at Nyanya, a major suburb of… ...
- Jonathan must end insurgency before 2015, says Danpass A member of the Kano Emirate Council and businessman, Alhaji Muhammadu Gambo Danpass, has advised that President Goodluck Jonathan should talk less and ensure that the incessant terrorist attacks in… ...
- WAEC nabs rogue website operator in Lagos The West African Examinations Council on Wednesday paraded one Master Abiodun Raheem for rogue website. The website is used to send solutions to candidates writing the ongoing May/June examination. Speaking… ...
- Sack Wike for incompetence, ASUP urges Jonathan The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana, Ebonyi State on Thursday called on President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike.… ...
- Missing $20bn can get 20,000mw of electricity for Nigeria – Fashola Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola yesterday said that the allegedly missing $20bn from the Nigerian National Petroleum Company’s account could provide 20,000 megawatts of electricity for the country. The governor… ...
- N10m ransom paid to free Anglican Bishop -SSS Three men suspected to have been involved in the kidnap of the Dean, Church of Nigeria and Arch-Bishop, Niger Delta North Diocese of the Anglican Communion, Bishop Ignatius Kattey and… ...
- Imo govt denies plan to retrench workers Imo State Government yesterday said the ongoing verification exercise in ministries and parastatals across the state was not aimed at retrenching workers in the state. According to a statement signed… ...
- Buhari threatens to sue PDP for defamation … gives party seven days ultimatum to apologise A former head of state and a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has issued a seven-day ultimatum… ...
Beware of politicians –CJN warns Court of Appeal’s president
Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa yesterday, made history as the first female President of the Court of Appeal after she was sworn in by the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Aloma Mariam Mukhtar, who charged her to be professional and shun all forms of political pressures in the discharge of her duties. ...APC congress turns violent in Kaduna
The long awaited All Progressives Congress (APC) ward congress to elect ward leaders yesterday in Kaduna turned violent, as hoodlums hijacked the ballot boxes and confronted each other with dangerous weapons. ...Police parade OPC leader, others over attack on Fayose’s campaign office
The Nigeria Police, Ekiti State Command, yesterday paraded the leader of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), in Ekiti State, Mr. Niyi Adedipe, and two other prominent members of a political party arrested over alleged attack on the campaign office of former governor Ayodele Fayose last week ...Our government won’t incarcerate royal fathers -Fayemi
Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, has told Ekiti people that if voted again in the June 21 election, his administration would not detain royal fathers in the state, as a certain governor did in the past. ...Nothing’ ll stop me from beating Fayemi, says Fayose
Former governor of Ekiti State and governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Ayodele Fayose has said no amount of abuses hurled at him by the All Progressives Congress (APC), would distract him from defeating Governor Kayode Fayemi in the June 21 election. Fayose stated this during a rally organised by his former deputy governor, Mr. Bisi Omoyeni, in Ikere Ekiti, saying: “I won’t be distracted by whatever they say about me. I am committed to this course. It is like running a race; so I won’t look sideways but where I am going.” ...Labour Party dead in Ondo state –Senator Borrofice
Recently, the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governors’ Forum organised a lecture on how to alleviate unemployment menace themed: “Unemployment and the crisis of governance in Nigeria and way forward.” ...Aregbesola talks tough over electoral fraud
In what is seen as a stern warning against any form of electoral fraud, Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has said neither the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Police Affairs Minister, Mr. Jelili Adesiyan nor the party’s candidate for the August 9 governorship election, Iyiola Omisore, has the capacity to rig the election. ...ICPC slams 10-count on Delta deputy speaker
The Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has slammed a 10-count… ...We’ll tackle goitre frontally –Fashola
Lagos State Government has vowed to control the incidence of Goitre attack by taking on… ...Nyanya bomb blasts: APC govs visit victims
All Progressives Congress (APC) governors, under the aegis of Progressive Governors’ Forum yesterday, visited… ...Nyanya bomb blast: Gambari bombs PDP, APC
Former Nigeria’s permanent representative to the United Nations, Professor Ibrahim Gambari, yesterday, lashed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), All Progressives Congress (APC) and other political parties on the security situation in Nigeria, warning that they should not turn what has become a national problem into a political football. ...Nyanya bomb blast: Nigeria going through trying period –Sen Adeyemi
Chairman of the Senate Committee on the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Smart Adeyemi, yesterday visited survivors of Monday’s bomb blast in Nyanya, Abuja, and personally donated N2 million to the wards and families of those receiving treatment at the National Hospital and Asokoro General Hospital. ...Fulani herdsmen, farmers feud: Benue peace emissaries meet Sultan, Shema
Benue State Government Conflict Resolution and Peace Building Committee has visited Katsina State governor, Ibrahim Shehu Shema, with an appeal to help ensure Fulanis sheath their swords. ...I don’t own any varsity –Fayemi
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has described as untrue rumours that he owns a university in Ghana and that he has increased tuition at the state university (EKSU), Ado Ekiti. ...Abuja blast: Boko Haram is everywhere now –APGA BoT member
A member of the Board of Trustees of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and proprietor of Rogenny Tourist Village Oba in Anambra State, Chief Rommy Onwuka has said that the Abuja bomb blast on Monday, was an indication that Boko Haram insurgents could strike anywhere. ...Bayelsa to inject N20bn to SMEs fund
As part of efforts to boost small and medium scale enterprises in the state, the Bayelsa State government has concluded plans to inject N20billion into a Small and Medium scale Enterprises (SME’s) fund. ...Uduaghan denies report accusing JTF of oil theft
Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State has denied media reports stating that the Joint Task Force(JTF) was responsible for oil theft in the state. ...Easter fears: security buildup intensifies across capital, north
(LAGOS) The spate of recent terror attacks across the north east of the country has… ...Abduction update: Military lied by claiming girls freed, families say
(KANO) Families of girls kidnapped from school by suspected Boko Haram militants are accusing the… ...Authorities say most of abducted schoolgirls still missing
(MAIDUGURI) Authorities in Borno state denied on Thursday a statement by the armed forces which… ...Lagos to pull down weak masts by April 30
Following huge losses caused by last Sunday rain, the Lagos State Government has issued ultimatum to owners of communications masts with hollow-pipes to replace them with galvanised steel masts before month end as the state has threatened to dismantle them as from April 30. ...E-payment’ll make rebased GDP sustainable –CeBIH
Committee of e-Banking Industry Heads (CeBIH) has said that the adoption of e-payment policy promoted by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) would help the Federal Government to sustain the rebased Gross Domestic Product (GDP. ...Bayelsa govt earmarks N600m for WASME
More than N600 million has been earmarked by the Government of Bayelsa State to host the 20th edition of World Association of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (WASME) taking place in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. ...Stakeholders condemn high price of cement, building collapse
Stakeholders at the second Lafarge National Dialogue have condemned the high price of cement… ...Q1: Forte Oil records N1.1bn profit
Within the first three months of this year, Forte Oil Plc was able to … ...Group lauds inauguration of national quality policy committee
The Champions of Development Nigeria (CDN) has expressed delight with the inauguration of the… ...114 coys to enjoy Customs’ fast track clearance package
For impeccable transparency in their import clearance procedures, the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has… ...Anambra moves to enforce cities’ master plan
In order to maintain the master plan designed for cities in the state, Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano, has commenced the demolition of illegal buildings in the state. The governor ordered that some of the structures cited in unauthorised places in the 3-3 Area of Onitsha be pulled down, including illegal structures and perimeter fences built on government land close to the road. ...CBN may return to short-term rate targeting
Despite her pledge to continue with the policies of the suspended governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Acting Governor, Dr. Sarah Alade, may soon join other central bankers to implement a new monetary policy that seeks to focus on short term interest rate targeting. ...Oguntayo appointed Skye Bank CEO
The board of Directors of Skye Bank Plc has announced the appointment of Mr. Timothy Oguntayo as GMD/CEO to succeed Mr. Kehinde Durosinmi-Etti who will retire from the board on July 31 at the end of his current tenure. ...Our goal is to redefine journalism in Ghana –Asiedu, chairman, The Sun
As The Sun is set to berth in Ghana, the Chairman of The Sun Publishing Ltd., Ghana, Mr. Alex Asiedu, has said the newspaper is going to redefine ...FACE Africa to showcase Nigerian culture, tourism in US –As Bez, General Pype, Gbedu Master perform
African arts and culture will be on parade in far away United States as the… ...Yaw, Koffi for Coterie’s Humour Unlimited
Comedians Yaw and Koffi, will be on parade when April City Entertainment host its comedy… ...50 years on stage: Uduaghan to celebrate Eddie Ugboma
Happy times are here for veteran movie producer, Eddie Ugboma. Delta State governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan,… ...Nigerian idol:Female contestant to Dede: I want to take you home
Last week it was the turn of late Fela’s foremost acolyte, Dede Mabiaku, to be… ...What I’ll do to Ramsey Nuoah behind closed door–Blessing Patrick
Model, fashion designer and budding actress, Blessing Patrick, is fast making a place for herself… ...Pete Edochie: Taking up new role for Rev. Tansi
Veteran journalist, broadcaster and actor, Chief Pete Uwadiegwu Edochie, needs no introduction because most Nollywood films have him play lead roles. ...WHY WE MUST RETURN TO OUR GOOD, OLD VALUES –Agatha Amata
Agatha Amata is a motivational speaker and the brain behind the regular television programme, Inside Out. ...Nigerian whiz kid, Kosiso Nnebe, dazzles Canadians
A four-pane painting on transparent plexi glass by Nigerian-born, Canadian artist, Kosisochukwu Nnebe, has literally lit… ...“Half of a yellow sun” Nigeria’s finest brand, says movie goers
(LONDON, England) The film”Half of a yellow sun”, an adaptation of Chimamanda Adichie’s, novel has… ...
- Tax savings boost Diamond Bank’s Q1 2013 profits - Background Diamond Bank Plc, the largest tier II bank in Nigeria (by total assets), was established as a private limited liability company in, March 1991 and received a universal banking license in February 2001. In 2005, the bank successfully merged with Lion Bank, retaining the name Diamond and was listed on the on the Nigeria
- Temasek Nigeria deal shows interest in faster-growing Africa - The second major acquisition in Africa by Temasek Holdings Plc or one of its units in six months shows the growing interest in a continent where many countries are expanding faster than developed markets. Singapore’s state-owned investment company will buy a stake in Seven Energy International Ltd. for $150 million, the Nigerian closely-held energy company
- Etihad Airways posts $1.4bn in 2014 Q1 - Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, during the quarter one of 2014, recorded its strongest ever passenger and cargo volumes for a first quarter, together with $1.4 billion in total revenues, marking a year-on-year increase of 27 per cent. According to a financial result released by the airline in Lagos, a
- L’Oreal targets strong ethical practice in business operation - The Chief Ethics Officer of the world’s leading beauty company, L’Oreal, Emmanuel Lulin has emphasized the organization’s commitment to strong ethical practice, which he said earned the company the recent recognition by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. Lulin revealed that the consistent effort to uphold his company’s ethical principles
- Forex Time engages traders, investors on trading skills - Forex Time (FXTM) says it has seen a huge need to educate Nigeria’s growing forex traders and investors on how to make informed and strategic trading decisions to enable them unlock the hidden opportunities presented by the rewarding venture with its upcoming Free empowerment conference. The conference and workshop which will hold at the Lamonde
- Diamond Bank bags CBN’s award for cash handling - Diamond Bank Plc has received yet another award from industry regulator, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for compliance in cash handling and punctuality at CBN gatherings. The award was presented to the Bank by the Kano CBN Branch Controller, Hajiya Ameena Abubakar at the awards dinner recently. At the well-attended event were representatives from
- Oil Rises to 6-Week High as Ukraine Adds to Tight Market - Brent crude climbed to $110 a barrel for the first time in six weeks amid concern that the crises in Ukraine is escalating. West Texas Intermediate advanced before weekly U.S. inventory data. Futures gained as much as 0.8 percent in London. Ukraine began an offensive against separatists in its restive east, recapturing an airport amid claims
- Tolmann Allied Services opene Deepwater Simulation Theatre (DST) - The celebration of the 4th anniversary of Nigerian Content Act took off on a remarkable note on Monday as an indigenous oil servicing company, Tolmann Allied Services opened a Deepwater Simulation Theatre (DST) at its new office complex in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. The DST -the first in Africa and third in the world-was conceived by Tolmann
- Seven Energy , Accugas, FBN BANK (UK) and Ecobank seal $170 million deal for gas infrastructure - Seven Energy International Limited and its wholly-owned subsidiary Accugas Limited have closed a $170 million 5.5-year medium-term acquisition finance facility (the “Facility”) with FBN Bank (UK) Limited and Ecobank Nigeria Limited. FBN Capital Limited acted as Structuring Bank, sole Initial Mandated Lead Arranger, Financial Modelling Bank and Global Facility Coordinator. Aluko & Oyebode acted as lenders legal counsel,
- AfriMA buoyed by GDP rebasing, seeks collaboration with BoI for sponsorship of awards - The most revealing data set coming from the rebasing of Nigeria’s gross domestic product (GDP) is perhaps the changing structure of the Nigerian economy and the new reality it presents to investors, both local and foreign. Early this week in Lagos, the All African Music Awards (AfriMA) approached Bank of Industry (BoI) for sponsorship and
- Chelsea can cope with double bid, says Cech Petr Cech insists Chelsea can cope with the demands of challenging for a Premier League and Champions League double as the Blues face Sunderland at the start of an eight-day period that could define their season. [April 18, 2014]
- 2014 W/Cup Ambrose: Eagles will stop Messi Celtic star Efe Ambrose has backed the Super Eagles to shine at Brazil 2014, saying the African champions will stop top stars like Lionel Messi of Argentina on their way to glory. [April 18, 2014]
- Keshi can surpass my achievement —Westerhof Former Eagles Coach, Clemens Westehof has tipped his protege and former captain, Stephen Keshi to surpass his achievement with the Super Eagles. [April 18, 2014]
- African athletes converge on Okpekpe for training ATHLETES from some Africa countries and Northern Nigeria are currently in the hilly and mountainous community of Okpekpe for training ahead of the 2nd edition of Okpekpe ten kilometres road race. [April 18, 2014]
- Taraba target three points against Giwa Coach of Taraba Football club, Nduka Ndubuisi has urged his boys to go for victory when they clash with Giwa FC this weekend in the ongoing Nigeria Professional football league. [April 18, 2014]
- What I would ask Keshi on Tuesday ON Tuesday, Stephen Keshi will face the Technical Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF. He is expected to submit a provisional list of players for the 2014 Brazil World Cup to the federation and thereafter answer some questions from members and defend the list. [April 18, 2014]
- NFF tasks Falcons on AWC, W/Cup tickets The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has told the Super Falcons to brace up for enormous tasks of qualifying for the African Women Championship (AWC) in Namibia and the World Cup in Canada. [April 18, 2014]
- Team SWAN calls up Ogazi, Alao, Obi, Awogu Ahead of the Lagos SWAN Cup 2014, the technical committee in conjunction with the Team SWAN Coaching crew after weeks of scouting and deliberation has released a provisional list of players that will take on the Nollywood All Stars at the novelty match to herald the official opening ceremony of the SWAN Cup 2014. A [April 18, 2014]
- Injured Super Eagles’ defender Balogun to return to action May Leon Balogun, the injured Super Eagles defender, will be fit for action in two weeks time, an official said on Thursday in Abuja. [April 17, 2014]
- 2014 World Cup: Tammy Danagogo pledges support for supporters club The Minister of Sports, Tammy Danagogo, on Thursday pledged the ministry’s support to the Nigeria Football Supporters Club to mobilise its members for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. [April 17, 2014]
- Ref accuses FIFA of playing politics Nigerian FIFA badged-referee, Peter Edibe has slammed FIFA for dropping him from officiating at the World Cup in Brazil, a development, which he claims has robbed Nigeria of the chance to have a referee at the world cup. [April 17, 2014]
- Nigeria spy on Iran in South Africa The Nigeria Football Federation is not taking anything to chance as they have delegated some coaches to South Africa to spy on Iran, one of their opponents for the Brazil World Cup starting in June. [April 17, 2014]
- Nadal, Federer through to third round in Monte Carlo Rafael Nadal safely made it through to the Monte Carlo Masters third round with a straight-sets victory over the Russian qualifier Teymuraz Gabashvilion Wednesday. [April 17, 2014]
- Sponsorship: Wolves plan court action, ULO tells them to go ahead In April last year, Vanguard Newspaper was among the media that celebrated Warri Wolves sponsorship deal with ULO, a construction company. [April 17, 2014]
- Okoku’s Foundation: Dame Patience, Shema, others unite for Nigerian children President Goodluck Jonathan’s wife, Patience and Katsina State first lady, Fatima Ibrahim Shema, are among eminent Nigerians, who will gather in Abuja today for the launch of a programme entitled, ‘Improving Children for a Brighter Future.’ [April 17, 2014]
- MT Sac Relays: Greene in first training with athletes Team Nigeria relay coordinator, American Maurice Greene who was recently employed by the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) had his first training session with Nigerian athletes on yesterday in preparation for the MT Sac relays Championships which starts today in California and the Penn Relays which comes up in a week’s time in Philadephia. [April 17, 2014]
- Ghana, Kenya, S/Africa for 3rd Nestle Milo U-13 football tourney FOUR countries, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria as the host will slug it out in the 3rd Nestle Milo U-13 African Football Championship slated to hold from May 29 to June 1st , 2014 at the Campos Square playground, Lagos. [April 17, 2014]
- NNPC/Shell Cup: Semi finalists emerge Former champions of the NNPC/Shell Cup for the All Nigeria Secondary Schools Football Championship, St. Thomas Basic Secondary School, Benin, Edo State and three others have qualified for the semi finals of the 2013/2014 edition of the competition. [April 17, 2014]
- SURE-P to support Bash Ali’s quest to break Guinness book of records The Chairman of the Subsidy Re-Investment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) Gen. Martin-Luther Agwai , on Wednesday assured Cruiserweight boxer Bash Ali of maximum support in his boxing quest for glory. [April 17, 2014]
- Keshi not afraid of Argentina FOR the umpteenth time yesterday, Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi said that he was not afraid of his Super Eagles confronting a-Lion-loaded team of Argentina at the World Cup in Brazil. [April 15, 2014]
- Ogba leads Team Nigeria to Mt. Sac Relays President of Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) Evang. Solomon Ogba will lead the Nigerian track and field team to Mt.Sac Relays in Walnut, California, USA. [April 15, 2014]
- Peak backs Eagles for Brazil W/Cup PEAK, the official milk of the senior national team has launched a campaign to galvanize support for the team tagged ‘World Class Nutrition, World Class Team’ to ensure that the Super Eagles do not lack the much required nutrient to execute their 2014 FIFA World Cup campaign in Brazil in June. [April 15, 2014]
- Brazil World Cup: Eagles get S/Final target As the zero hour approaches swiftly for the Brazil World Cup( 58 days to go), Super Eagles have been given a semi final target. [April 15, 2014]
- Appiah earns N48m for qualifying Ghana for W/Cup Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah was paid a qualification bonus of US$ 300,000 for leading the Black Stars to the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil. [April 15, 2014]
- Emenike supports the Okwarajis Fenerbahce striker Emmanuel Emenike has made good his promise to support the family of late soccer star Samuel Okwaraji. [April 14, 2014]
- Ameobi tasks teammates Super Eagles striker, Shola Ameobi has urged his team-mates to work hard to quickly end the ongoing crisis at Newcastle, who have lost their last four matches in Premier League. [April 14, 2014]
- Onazi dedicates goal to terror victims Nigeria midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has dedicated his goal in Sunday’s 4-2 loss to Napoli to the victims of the explosions in the country’s capital Abuja on Monday. [April 14, 2014]
- Iran runs to S/Africa for Eagles Carlos Queiroz, manager of Iran, Nigeria’s World Cup opponents has named a 28-man Asia-based squad for the tournament. They will be joined later by players from European leagues. [April 14, 2014]
- Maigari explains partnership with Orlean President of Nigeria Football Federation, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, at the weekend described as a huge boost to Nigeria football, the partnership agreement that the NFF sealed on Thursday with Port Harcourt-based oil services company, Orlean Invest West Africa Limited. [April 14, 2014]
- We’re working toward a glorious outing – Ogba THE President of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) Evang. Solomon Ogba over the weekend told athleticsnigeria.com that AFN and the National Sports Commission (NSC ) are working hard to ensure a glorious outing at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. [April 14, 2014]
- No change in Eagles’ pre-World Cup programme – NFF Nigeria football spokesman, Ademola Olajire, said at the weekend that there has been no change to what has been streamed to the public previously as the Super Eagles’ schedule leading to the 20th FIFA World Cup finals in Brazil. [April 14, 2014]
- Liverpool clash: Kompany in, Aguero on bench for Man City Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany overcame an injury scare to take his place in the starting line-up for his side’s top-of-the-table Premier League clash at Liverpool on Sunday. [April 13, 2014]