Welcome. Nairaland for Nigerians & Friends.
- U23 Afcon: Amapakabo confident of Nigeria progress The Olympic Eagles boss believes his side can qualify to the knock-out stage of the tournament despite losing their opening ...
- High Quality Russian Language Translation Services In Usa - Education Versatile Language is one of the leaders for Russian language translations. When translating from Russian language to English we take into account all the differences between British and American ...
- Man Saved By Doctors After Being Impaled By The Handle Of A Sledgehammer In Imo Bizarre Story Of A Man Who Ate Another Man's Face In Miami / UNIPORT MURDERS: ‘why Was Our Teenage Son BUTCHERED Like A Rat?’ ...
- Macbook Pro 2017. I5|128gb|8gb 270,000. Box And Charger. Neat Used Toshiba Satellite Laptop For Sale / Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop @ 35k / Depending On Your Needs, The Image And ...
- Premier League sharpshooters in Africa as CAN qualifying begins Nigeria, third at the 2019 Cup of Nations, have called up Premier League midfielders Alex Iwobi of Everton and Wilfred Ndidi ...
- Reno Omokri To Indimi: You Can't Flaunt Private Jets When Surrounded By Poverty - Politics “You Can’t Be Flaunting Private Jets When Surrounded By Worst Poverty On Earth” Reno Fires Back At The Indimis Reno Omokri ...
- Pneumonia kills a child every 39 seconds, health agencies say It can be prevented with vaccines, and treated with antibiotics and - in severe cases - with oxygen, but in poorer countries, ...
- Visa to acquire stake in Nigeria's Interswitch LAGOS (Reuters) - Visa Inc (V.N) plans to acquire a “significant minority” stake in payments platform Interswitch, the ...
- Unveiling The Secrets In The Platform Called "Giftalworld" Part 2 - Business The so called Raji Ibrahim who called himself the Co-owner of giftalworld can't even be accessible, you hardly see him online and he hardly reply messages. He knows what he has done so he will keep on ...
- Nokia partners Nigeria's Spectranet for broadband service NEW DELHI: Nigerian internet service provider Spectranet and Finnish player Nokia have joined hands to provide ...
- Sc Johnson Recruitment For Plant Manager - Jobs/Vacancies SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of unit brands. the corporate has operations in additional than seventy countries and sells the product in just about each country around ...
- Seyi Awolowo Celebrates Adeshola Adeyemo, His Girlfriend On Her Birthday - Celebrities Former big brother naija housemate and grandson to Awolowo Obafemi, Seyi celebrates the love of his life, Adesola as he marks her birthday today, 11th November. Thank you for always believing in my ...
- Nigeria’s Interswitch confirms $1B valuation after Visa investment Founded in 2002 by Mitchell Elegbe, Interswitch pioneered the infrastructure to digitize Nigeria’s then predominantly ...
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for importers of fake drugs It breaks my heart that a sentence of five years imprisonment or N250,000 fine is given to someone that is trafficking ...
- Neonatal Mortality Associated with the Referral of Low Birth Weight Newborns to the Institute of Child Nutrition and Health (INSE) Revue de médecine périnatale, 8, 94-102. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12611-016-0353-4  Onwuanaku, C.A., Okolo, S.N., Ige, K.O., Okpe, S.E. and Toma, B.O. (2011) The Effects of Birth Weight and Gender ...
- MTN messaging platform reaches one-million active users Launched earlier this year, the platform is now operational in Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Congo Brazzaville, Nigeria, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Afghanistan and South Africa. MTN plans to expand the platform ...
- DOWNLOAD MP3:- Small Doctor – Set Awon - Music/Radio Watch The Hunger Games Online Free & Download The Hunger Games Movie / HOT NEW RAP Griot Xl--i'm On Featuring Boogey, Juzt ...
- Crude Oil Trade: Iraq Exports Declining Along With Suezmax Market Share However, Iraq seems to have been one of the countries, together with Nigeria and Russia, which continue to pump marginally ...
- Paxful surpasses 3 million crypto wallets milestone Paxful, a peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplace, announced on Monday, 11 November 2019, a major growth milestone – it now services ...
- Tekno Grateful To God For Quitting Weed Addiction - Celebrities Cartel Music boss Tekno is showing gratitude to God as he begins his journey to quit weed smoking. In a new video as posted on his Instagram story, Tekno was seem giving thanks to God for breaking ...
- Supply Suspension: Petrol Scarcity Hits Border Towns, Fuel Now N600/litre - Politics Residents of border communities in Ogun, Lagos , Adamawa , Katsina and Sokoto states are groaning following the Federal ...
- Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips READ ALSO: NAFDAC to arrest fake medicine paddlers – Obiano She said that after the launch, the exercise would last between ...
- Hackers Could Have Access To ATM Cash – Cybersecurity Experts - Science/Technology Cyberspace Security Researchers have discovered security flaws in ATMs that could allow online criminals have access to cash and data..
- Small Doctor – “set Awon” - Music/Radio Just when we least expected the Street ambassador, Small Doctor hit us with a new street anthem titled “Set Awon” produced by ...
- Islamic centers and churches in Nigeria hold thousands of mental health patients in chains, rights group says
- Al Jazeera English
- Human Rights Watch
- Visa buys stake for $200 million in Nigeria's Interswitch Quartz Africa
- Nigerian Energy Magnate Femi Otedola Donates $14 Million To Save The Children Fund Forbes
- How Nigeria got so good at winning Scrabble Quartz Africa
- The Nigerian Activist Whose Death Shamed Shell Jacobin magazine
- Nigeria's interfaith council fosters peaceful Christian-Muslim relations National Catholic Reporter
- Here’s Why Nigerian Banks are Targeting Women Bloomberg
- A Tampa fraud case helped reveal the Black Axe, a scheme from Nigeria Tampa Bay Times
- Nigeria's New Upstream Royalty Rates The National Law Review
- Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk Bloomberg
- New Orleans celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day | New Orleans' Multicultural News Source Louisiana Weekly
- Chinese firm supports construction of trans-Saharan highway project in Nigeria Xinhua
- Under-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 'favourites' in the race to host 2020 event BBC News
- Omoyele Sowore: Anger over detention of Nigerian journalist BBC News
- Solar-based ISP startup Tizeti launches 4G LTE network in Nigeria TechCrunch
- Nigeria’s Thirst for More Oil Revenue Could Hurt Investments Bloomberg
- Nigeria's 'Lionheart' disqualification is bigger than the Oscars CNN
- Nigeria Releases 86 More Children and Youth from Military Prison Human Rights Watch
- N.J. man imprisoned in Nigeria after planning protest has trial delayed until December NJ.com
- The Oscars disqualified 'Lionheart' because Nigerians speak English in it — just like in Nigeria NBC News
- Beer and Tunnel Vision: A very Nigerian story The Africa Report
- Nigeria News: Muhammadu Buhari and Questions About Yemi Osinbajo Bloomberg
- Nigeria's 1st Oscar Entry 'Lionheart' Is Disqualified KGOU
- An Oscars ban for a Nigerian film shows the Academy still doesn’t get it on race The Guardian
- Trial to begin for Omoyele Sowore, a New Jersey journalist imprisoned in his native Nigeria USA TODAY
- Nigeria Brokers Look to Commodities Trading as Stocks Plunge Bloomberg
- Nigeria Bond Yields Plummet as Central Bank Tightens Money Tap Bloomberg
- Obafemi Martins: Nigeria star not contemplating retirement yet BBC News
- Hundreds of children rescued from ‘torture’ schools in Nigeria The Washington Post
- Nigeria's border closures place further strain on a burdened economy, experts warn CNBC
- Capturing the heart of Nigeria BBC News
- Hollywood Doesn’t Own English Bloomberg
- Nigeria's border closure with Benin won't stop customs corruption Quartz Africa
- The Academy Yanks Nigeria’s Oscar Submission, and Proves That Hollywood Still Can’t Take African Cinema Seriously IndieWire
- Nigeria President Extends Border Closure to Jan. 31, Punch Says Bloomberg
- A Nigerian Pop Star Finds Success in the U.S., On His Own Terms The Wall Street Journal
- 2019 U-23 Africa Cup of Nations: Ivory Coast shock Nigeria in Group B opener BBC Sport
- Total seeks to sell stake in major Nigerian offshore block Reuters
- Nigeria’s Benin border closure is a warning for AfCFTA trade deal Quartz Africa
- Nigeria’s #StopRobbingUs campaign could spur tech advocacy group, CEOs say TechCrunch
- Nigerian police free 259 from illegal detention in mosque BBC News
- The effects of Nigeria’s closed borders on informal trade with Benin Brookings Institution
- Nigeria won't rush to sack U17 coach Manu Garba BBC News
- Nigeria Asks U.S. to Help Fund Infrastructure, Terror Fight Bloomberg
- Tizeti Launches 4G LTE To Accelerate Nigerian Broadband Capacity Media
- Nigeria's border crisis fuelled by rice BBC News
- Nigeria improves in World Bank ease of doing business ranking, but is it easier to do business there? CNN
- Netflix Nigeria Movie Banned From Oscars for Being Too English Bloomberg
- Construction of Nigerian rolling stock factory begins | News Railway Gazette International
- Six Christian schoolgirls, others abducted in Nigeria released after torture: 'God brought us help' The Christian Post
- Nigeria targets oil companies for a greater share of profits Yahoo News
- Nigeria: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Emergency Tracking Tool (ETT) Report: No. 143 | 28 October ReliefWeb
- Interview: Thutmose Blends the Sounds of Brooklyn & Nigeria Into His Own Pop Flavor OkayAfrica
- Nigeria oil spills 'spark environmental genocide' BBC News
- U23 Afcon: When are Nigeria playing against Zambia and how can I watch? Goal.com
- Aid workers question USAID counter-terror clause in Nigeria The New Humanitarian
- Nigeria's 'torture houses' masquerading as Koranic schools BBC News
- After making Olympic history, Nigeria seeks more bobsled talent Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria renames communications ministry to oversee tech industry Quartz Africa
- Nigerian army investigates torture video BBC News
- Nigeria camp sizzles with the arrival of Musa, Iwobi and Ndidi Goal.com
- More than 60 men and boys freed from 'inhumane' Islamic school, police say CNN
- Landlords in Nigeria can demand $20,000 rent upfront BBC News
- College lowers expectations over £1.4m legal battle with Nigeria FE Week
- Fighting Boko Haram and climate change in Nigeria Quartz Africa
- Nigerian basketball team regroups in Maputo Xinhua
- Nigeria: It is past time that the ICC opens an investigation Amnesty International
- Africa in the news: Tunisia and Mozambique vote, Nigeria closes borders, and Kenya opens new railway Brookings Institution
- Firefighters battle large fire at popular market in Nigeria Global News
- SPIP corruption case against Nigeria Football Federation dropped BBC News
- Nigerian banks stepping up efforts to plug gender gap The National
- Nigeria's Lagos governor says 'don't call me Your Excellency' BBC News
- Nigeria's Supreme Court upholds President Buhari's election win Al Jazeera English
- Tizeti launches high-speed 4G LTE to accelerate broadband penetration in Nigeria IOL
- Omeruo and Kalu lead early arrivals in Nigeria camp ahead of Afcon qualifiers Goal.com
- Some Nigerians blame government, not religious leaders, for shocking school abuses Reuters
- Torture, Sexual Abuse Prompt Calls for Reform of Nigeria's Islamic Schools VOA News
- Russia to Revive Nigerian Steel Plant on Hold Since Soviet Era Bloomberg
- Scores of inmates escape Nigeria prison after heavy rains Al Jazeera English
- British-born Nigerian actor hopes black skinhead film will 'heal' pain Reuters
- Nigeria’s Dangote Refinery to Start Operating in Early 2021 Bloomberg
- Visa: US snubs FG, continues to charge Nigerians reciprocity fee The Punch
- Ghanaian traders shut down more foreign-owned shops as Nigeria’s border crisis worsens. RFI English
- Twitter was a minefield of false information during the 2019 Nigerian elections Global Voices
- Wanted: Artists to live and work in Lagos, Nigeria Reuters
- Crystal Chigbu: The mum making prosthetic limbs for Nigerian children BBC News
- Shippers' Council Condemns Surcharges On Nigerian-bound Cargoes Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide
- News Amnesty International mourns Nigerian activist Kellu Haruna Amnesty International
- Nigeria's closure of Benin border chokes regional trade African Business Magazine
- Nigeria's Buhari saga: The fake wedding, the president and the family feud BBC News
- Nigeria's Land Borders Closed to All Goods, Customs Chief Says VOA News
- Police free nearly 150 from school in northern Nigeria Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria's comeback kings out to prove their pedigree FIFA.com
- Border closure has mixed impact for Nigeria's economy Mail and Guardian
- Satellite collars to help boost protection for Nigeria’s largest remaining elephant herd Mongabay.com
- Temie Giwa-Tubosun: The blood distributor in Nigeria who caught the attention of Facebook CEO Face2Face Africa
- Floods leave 6 dead in Nigeria's Lagos Anadolu Agency
- Outrage in Calais over death of Nigerian man in tent The Guardian
- Nigerian bishop says 'border wall' would be good for Nigeria Crux: Covering all things Catholic
- Two Nigerian, Moroccan and Egyptian sides advance in Confederation Cup BBC News
- ‘Nigeria implementing border drilling, not border closure’ We have a total of about 317 staff, both in Lagos and Abuja – comprising about 69. Research-based staff, about 15 professors ...
- Nigeria imports 900,000 metric tonnes of fish annually Nigeria imports 900,000 metric tonness of fish out of the 1.5 million metric tonnes consumed annually, a top government ...
- President to open e-Nigeria confab President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to open the 2019 edition of the National Information Technology Development Agency ...
- Nigeria, Morrocco partnership to ensure Africa’s food security Nigeria and Morocco’s partnership in agriculture and energy will help to guarantee food security in Africa, the Faculty ...
- Joe Aribo honoured to represent Nigeria Glasgow Rangers midfielder Joe Aribo says he is honoured to represent Nigeria, the NationSport reports. Aribo, who scored ...
- ‘Locally-manufactured pencils will save Nigeria $2.4bn annually’ Ibrahim, the Chief Executive Officer, BAMIB Resources and Investment Company Ltd., made this known in an interview with the ...
- David-West served Nigeria diligently – APC Tam David-West who served as Minister of Petroleum and Energy and also Minister of Mines, Power and Steel. “Indeed, Nigeria ...
- ‘Nigeria lost 162,000 kids to pneumonia in 2018’ Global non-governmental organisation (NGO), Save the Children International Nigeria, has said 162,000 children under five ...
- Nigeria’s gold market worth £4bn, says Sekibo Nigeria’s gold market is worth £4 billion with high prospects of profitability for all players in the subsector, the Managing ...
- Buhari’s gift to Kajola, Nigeria The groundbreaking of a wagon assembly plant in Nigeria, last Saturday, has brought closer home a new bouquet of ...
- Nigeria loses $7b investment to Benin, Ghana, others Nigeria has lost about $7billion oil investment to Ghana, Benin Republic and other countries in West Africa subregion, in the ...
- Nigeria, South Korea to strengthen business ties The South Korean Government has intensified moves to strengthen business relationship with Nigeria in key areas of the ...
- The 3 important things the ‘Living in Bondage’ sequel got right — and the 1 thing it got wrong “Living in Bondage,” a Nigerian drama thriller, came out 27 years ago in 1992. It quickly became a game-changer that changed and created the Nollywood we know today. It also left many longing for a ...
- Under Buhari, Nigeria Records Worst Attacks On Journalists in 34 Years - Report [Premium Times] Nigeria was one of the focal points for discussion when over 200 journalists across Africa gathered in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, for a conference on free speech and freedom of expression in September.
- Is Bodo Oil Spill Triggering Epic Number of Funerals? [Daily Trust] An oil spill occurred in Bodo, Rivers State in 2008. Nigerian regulations stress that 24 hours after a spill there should be a clean-up. But in this case oil issued non-stop until the leak was halted weeks after, exposing the inhabitants to the full impact of toxins.
- Dangote Group to Transform Togolese's Phosphate Into Fertiliser [This Day] The Dangote Industries Limited and the Government of Togo (GoT) have concluded an agreement to develop and transform Togolese phosphate into phosphate fertilizers for the West African sub-region.
- Nigeria to Create Non-Oil Export Driven Economy, Says Minister [This Day] Abuja -The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Richard Adebayo, has said the federal government is focused on creating a non-oil export-oriented economy within the next few years.
- Two Students Drown in Ekiti [This Day] Ado Ekiti -Residents of Ureje area of Ado-Ekiti in Ekiti State were shocked on Friday when the news filtered into town that two secondary schools students died inside a river during a swimming expedition.
- NMA Seeks Review of Doctors' Hazard Allowances [This Day] Abuja -The Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) has urged the federal government to set in motion the process that will lead to renegotiation of the allowances payable to doctors in the public sector.
- Presidency, National Assembly Filled With Witches - Priest [Premium Times] A Catholic priest in Nigeria has said that the nation's presidency and the National Assembly, including government houses across the country, are filled with "witches" who are "responsible for the death" of many Nigerians.
- Police Arrest Officer Filmed Collecting Bribe [Premium Times] The Nigerian police said they have arrested one of their officers who was caught on camera collecting bribe from a motorist.
- What Fashola Actually Said About the State of Nigerian Roads [Premium Times] The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has been criticised by many Nigerians for his statement on the state of federal roads across the country.
- New (Production Sharing Contract) Act - a Land-Mark, but More to Be Done [Daily Trust] Mni -On Monday November 4th, President Muhammadu Buhari signed the historic Deep Offshore and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract (PSC) Amendment Bill into law. There is a consensus of opinions that legislation promises to significantly increase Nigeria's share of earnings earned from its oil wells offshore. Also significant is the fact that Bill was approved by the 9th National Assembly a fortnight ago and submitted to the president for the final assent into law in record time, a progressive departure fro
- Stakeholders Seek Access to Quality Internet [Daily Trust] Lagos -Issues around access to quality internet service and affordability in rural areas took the front burner at a two-day annual conference of the Nigerian Network Operators Group (ngNOG) which took place in Lagos.
- No Crack in House of Representatives, Says Spokesman [This Day] The spokesman for the House of Representatives, Hon. Benjamin Kalu (APC-Abia), has said there is no crack among members of the House of Representatives.
- The Wheelchair Revolution [Daily Trust] Alhaji Sir Chief Tesibiayetesi looked pathetic as he was wheeled into the court to answer charges of stealing public funds. Since his alleged crime became public knowledge, he had become a celebrity of sorts. Never in the history of the country had a single individual stolen so much that he was now competing with many countries on the West African sub-region.
- Promoting the Culture of Recycling in Local Communities [This Day] Vanessa Obioha writes that Sahara Group through its 'Green Life' initiative is promoting the culture of recycling by incentivising local communities on waste management
- Man Nabbed for Allegedly Trying to Sell 3-Year-Old Son for N5 Million [Daily Trust] Lafia -The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Nasarawa State Command, has arrested a 42-year-old man for allegedly attempting to sell his three-year-old son for N5 million in Lafia, the state capital.
- 'Provision of Decent Jobs Can Enhance Nigeria's Economic Fortune' [Daily Trust] Acting Head of Civil Service of the Federation Dr. Folasade Yemi-Esan has said that the provision of decent jobs to meet human rights needs can enhance the economic fortune of a nation.
- Google Launches New Traffic Tab in Maps [Daily Trust] Lagos -Google has launched a new Traffic tab in Google Maps in Lagos.
- Govt Harps On Adherence to Standards to Boost Job Creation [This Day] Abuja -The Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Mrs. Mariam Katagum has challenged stakeholders in video technology to explore ways of creating more investment and job opportunities in through the advancement in video standards.
- Pastor Adeboye Donates N20 Million for Church Building Project in Abuja [Daily Trust] The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has announced a donation of N20 million for the building of the Throneroom Parish, which currently holds Service at the Transcorp Hilton, Abuja.
- Data Cost Reduction - NCC Writes to Pantami Over Ultimatum [Daily Trust] The Nigerian Communications Commission [NCC] has written to the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami over the five day ultimatum issued by the Federal Government on stoppage of "data depletion" and reduction of data cost.
- 100,000 Commuters Travel On Lagos Waterways Daily - LASWA [Vanguard] The Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) says between 70,000 and 100,000 commuters use water transport daily in the state.
- Why I Declared Free Education in Oyo - Seyi Makinde [Vanguard] Oyo State governor, Mr Seyi Makinde, on Sunday, said his decision to declare free education in the state was in recognition of the huge part that education had played in his successes in life.
- Olugbenga Fagbohun and Oluwatosin Olojo Wed in Ogun State [Premium Times] Olugbenga Fagbohun and Oluwatosin Olojo sealed their love in the presence of family and friends at Foursquare Gospel Church, Ota, Ogun State, penultimate weekend.
- Lalong Signs MoU With Kenyan Company to Establish Tea Factor in Plateau [Vanguard] Following the visit of Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong to Kenya for a peer review meeting, a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU has been signed between Plateau State Government and the Government of Kericho County in Kenya to establish a tea processing factory in Plateau.
- Implementation of 2020 Budget Will Be Monitored, Says Ekiti Assembly [This Day] Ado Ekiti -Following the presentation of the 2020 budget to the Ekiti State House of Assembly by Governor Kayode Fayemi, the House has assured indigenes of the state that the financial proposal will be thoroughly scrutinised to meet the yearnings of the populace.
- Condition of Roads - I Was Misquoted, Says Fashola [This Day] The Minister of Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola at the weekend, said he was misquoted on the claim that federal roads were not as deplorable as the public portrayed them.
- Building Collapse - Lagos Seals Off Houses in Ikeja [This Day] Following the rampant collapse of buildings, Lagos State Government over the weekend began the sealing of suspected substandard buildings in the state.
- Eid-El-Maulud... Eid-El-Maulud... Governors, Others Preach Love, Peace, Tolerance [This Day] Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has called on all Nigerians to remain prayerful for the sustenance of peace, unity and progress of the country.
- Twitter Ex-Employees Charged With Spying As CEO Jack Arrives Nigeria [Premium Times] Saudi Arabian authorities allegedly paid at least two former insiders at Twitter to access crucial personal data of the country's dissident users, according to a federal complaint filed by the United States.
- How Dangote Emerged 2019 Most Valuable Brand [This Day] Raheem Akingbolu reviews the rating of the Top 50 Brands in Nigeria, reckoning that the emergence of Dangote as the Most Valuable Brand, has simply confirmed various national and international reviews that have adjudged the brand as the leading brand in Nigeria and one of the best from Africa
- Sanwo-Olu’s wife sets Nigeria’s Road Race record at Lagos Women Run 2019
- Okechukwu, Awoniyi in as Nigeria battle Zambia in make or mar game
- Organisers assure fans of adequate security for Boxing Night Mini
- Aribo wants to become a ‘beast,’ develop a nasty streak
- Evans injects dose of reality into Leicester fans' title dreams
- Arsenal speaks on club's recent results, Unai Emery
- Liverpool show ruthless streak of champions to pounce on Man City's frailties
- African players in Europe: City no match for Mane and Salah
- Xhaka says he is ready to battle for Arsenal place
- Salazar’s appeal against four-year-ban may not be heard before 2020, says CAS
- Kenya’s Kipchoge among five finalists for male athlete of the year award
- School House retains ISL’s inter-house sports competition crown
- Kenyan wins Lagos Women Run as Njoku emerges veteran champion
- 117 athletes battle at Kebbi Taekwondo championships
- Soundhope College begins with victory as Lagos, Ogun private schools go to war
- Nigeria, Egypt knocked out of 2019 ITTF Team World Cup
- Federer and Djokovic drawn in same ATP finals group
- Djokovic ready for 'big task' to grab 'fantastic' year-end No. 1
- Joshua adds two new pad men in bid to win back his titles from Ruiz Jr
- Joshua lighter, faster, keener, still a huge puncher, says Chisora
- Babyface will get shocker of his life, says Mba
- D’Tigress camp bubbles as more players arrive in Maputo
- Toppa wins Elizabeth Wuraola Ojo Golf tournament
- Offey, Sonmfo win 2019 Legacy Volleyball Championship
- Will GYB carry the day?
- Utomi, Adams task FG on corruption, security
- LAWMA tasks residents over proper disposal of waste
- Four police officers detained for alleged torture, murder of 26-year-old suspect
- 6.54m women in Nigeria use modern contraception, says report
- Army gets 34 new major-generals, others
- Nigeria to connect East, South, North African countries by road, says Fashola
- Edo PDP faction suspends Ikimi, Dokpesi, others
- Senate insists on probing alleged N263 billion fraud at Lagos ports
- Man arrested over alleged N500m credit card fraud
- Vodacom invests billions in its South African network Vodacom has released it’s interim results revealing a major investment in its South African network. The results, for the last six months ended 30 September 2019, show that almost R4.8-billion was spent on expanding and improving the mobile communications company’s network, pushing its investment to R9.6 billion for 2019. According to Vodacom,...
- The extent of targeted cyber attacks across Africa revealed On Monday, 11 November 2019, Kaspersky released statistics drawn from its Advanced Persistent Threat reporting service. Since the start of 2018, the global cybersecurity company has kept a close eye on the META region for APT attacks, working on 29...
- Spacecom to better connect rural and low-density communities in Angola Spacecom, an operator of the AMOS satellite fleet, announced on Monday, 11 November 2019, that an unnamed Angolan satellite services company has signed a contract for C-Band HTS capacity on the newly launched AMOS-17 communication satellite. The Angolan...
- Amazon launches an SME skills development programme in South Africa On Monday, 11 November 2019, Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced the launch of the AWS Equity Equivalent Investment Programme (AWS EEIP) – designed by AWS South Africa and Amazon Data Services South Africa. The AWS EEIP aims to see over R365 million...
- Rain 5G goes public in South Africa Rain has officially opened its 5G network to the South African public. The up-and-coming network provider announced on Monday, 11 November 2019, that its unlimited 5G offering gives consumers data at speeds of up to 700Mbps for just R1000 per month. Rain...
- PEG Africa expands solar energy solutions across Africa West Africa-based pay-as-you-go (PAYG) solar company, PEG Africa announced on Friday, 8 November 2019, that it has moved into Mali – leveraging its successful expansion playbook on the back of a profitable first year in Senegal. PEG Africa provides...
- WhatsApp bans users in groups with controversial names Some regular Whatsapp users have been banned from the private messaging platform for being a part of groups with suspicious or questionable names. WABetaInfo says that it has been “receiving a lot of reports from users that have been banned from...
- Telkom faces troubling times South African network provider, Telkom is facing several setbacks – including thousands of customers ditching the service provider every month, a poor reputation, increasing debt, and to top it all off, its share price has fallen by over 10%. Telkom...
- Twitter introduces new ‘Topics’ feature Twitter is officially introducing a new feature which allows users to follow topics in the same way that they follow individual accounts. The Verge reports that users will be able to keep up-to-date with more than 300 topics such as sports, entertainment and...
- ESET joins Google’s App Defense Alliance Global cybersecurity company, ESET announced on Thursday, 7 November 2019, that it has become a founding member of the App Defense Alliance to protect the Google Play Store. ESET h0pes to provide detection capabilities and improved security for the Android...
- Invest in people if you want to mitigate cyber attacks “South Africa is really starting to feel the heat from cyber-attacks from across the globe,” begins Tanja Kokot, director at BroadVision Technologies. “Any organisation that wants to be effective at preventing cyber-attacks needs to look at each and...
- Four dangers of unsecured biometric data Nowadays, Traditional passwords are a weak point as according to Kaspersky, data leaks happen quite often. More and more have companies decide to change their approach by adopting biometrics. However, no one is immune to identity theft and there already have...
- IBM designs world’s first financial services-ready public cloud This week, global tech company, IBM announced that it has designed the world’s first financial services-ready public cloud. The public cloud has been designed to help address the requirements of financial services institutions for regulatory compliance,...
- Zimbabwe gears up for eSIMs thanks to Workz & Econet On Wednesday, 6 November 2019, mobile and IoT solutions provider Workz Group and Econet Zimbabwe announced a deal that will see them offer Zimbabwean subscribers network connectivity via embedded SIM devices such as the iPhone XS/XR/11 and Microsoft Surface...
- Top 4 cyberthreats for 2020 revealed Global cloud-enabled next-generation cybersecurity company, Sophos launched its 2020 Threat Report providing insights into the rapidly evolving cyberthreat landscape. The report, produced by SophosLabs researchers, explores changes in the threat landscape...
- How tech trends are shaping the insurance industry With unprecedented technological advances and shifting customer and employee expectations, the South African insurance landscape is set to keep changing. Metropolitan’s Berniece Hieckmann, accountable for Metropolitan’s “Business of Tomorrow”...
- How David-West, ex-petroleum minister, died at UCH
Oluseye Ojo, Ibadan Former Minister of Petroleum and Energy, Prof Tam David-West, died in a private suite at the University
- …Buhari, Wike,Lawan, APC, UI VC, ASUU others mourn
President Muhammadu Buhari has described the death of Professor Tamunoemi Sokari David-West, as a sad one for the country. A
- SERAP writes Archbishop of Canterbury, seeks his intervention in Sowore’s case
The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, (SERAP) has appealed to the Archbishop of Canterbury, Most Revd Justin Portal Welby urging
- Kalu congratulates Kaigama, Onaiyekan
Former Governor of Abia State and Chief Whip of the Senate, Dr. Orji Kalu, has felicitated with Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama on
- Maulud-Nabiy: Emulate Mohammad’s virtuous life, Oyetola tells Muslims
Osun State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola, has called on Muslims to emulate the virtuous life of Prophet Mohammad as they celebrate
- … Gov lauds border closure
Merit Ibe Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has lauded the border closure by the Federal Government, saying it is a
- Armed robbers kill security guard in Ondo
Bamigbola Gbolagunte, Akure A private security guard, working at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) mega station in Akure, the
- Bishop counsels leaders on good governance
Bishop, Diocese of Lagos West, Church of Nigeria, (Anglican Communion) Rev. Olusola Odedeji, has advised the country’s leaders to provide
- SSANU, Gani Adams seek state of emergency on roads
James Ojo, Abuja The Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) and the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Gani Adams,
- Shocker: Nigeria has no record of her policemen
Fred Itua, Abuja The Senate has revealed that there is no clear record of the number of the nation’s police
- EU working to replace Lagarde at IMF, official says
- 2020 revenue: Nigerians raise queries over Presidency’s expenditure lines
Isaac Anumihe, Abuja When the news broke last week that President Muhammadu Buhari, had sacked about 35 Special Assistants attached
- Come over to Osun and invest –Governor Oyetola
Amechi Ogbonna From November 19-21, 2019, the State of Osun will be hosting its maiden Economic and Investment Summit. In
- How FG, others can sustain women’s impact in agricultural value chain with incentives
Chinyere Anyanwu, [email protected] Despite the massive contribution of Nigerian women in the development of the nation’s agricultural value chain, the Federal
- Multinationals killing fishing business, fishermen raise alarm
President, Fishermen Association of Lagos State, Alhaji Fasasi Adekunle, has said that activities of multinational companies on the high seas
- Nigeria biggest importer of Norwegian seafood
Chinenye Anuforo Nigeria in nine months has imported seafoods worth $35 million. This is even as Norway exported 20,500 tonnes of seafoods
- Low turnout takes shine off Lagos Trade Fair
Charles Nwaoguji The 2019 Lagos international trade fair ended yesterday with mixed feelings among exhibitors and customers, as the low
- FAE introduces tamper proof envelopes
Charles Nwaoguji and Merit Ibe FAE Ltd, a leading envelope producer in Nigeria, has introduced a new product into the
- RMRDC pledges to promote industrial growth
Merit Ibe The Raw Materials Research Development Council (RMRDC), Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, has said its mission is
- We’re changing face of NIPOST –PMG
The Postmaster General of the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST), Adebisi Adegbuyi, has initiated reforms to overhaul Nigeria’s postal and courier
- Border closure has improved security –Ngige
Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, has noted that the closure of Nigeria’s border by the Federal Government
- Nigeria offering MET services to Liberia, S’Leone
- C’River civil servants protest alleged N12m deduction for HoS’ send forth party
Judex Okoro, Calabar Some civil servants in Cross River State have raised the alarm over alleged plan to deduct about
- Abiodun’s Appeal Court victory, true reflection of people’s wishes – APC
Laide Raheem, Abeokuta The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ogun State, has described the victory of the state governor, Dapo
- Kogi guber: Monarch decrees death for irate politicians, trouble makers
Emmanuel Adeyemi, Lokoja Ahead of Saturday’s governorship election, in Kogi State, the Olu of Magongo, Obin Sam Bola Ojo, has
- Kogi guber: Court victory good for Nigerians, democracy – Natasha, SDP candidate
Emmanuel Adeyemi, Lokoja Governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in this Saturday's governorship election in Kogi State, Natasha
- All for Kogi guber election: Bello group embark of health outreaches
Emmanuel Adeyemi, Lokoja A socio-political group under the auspices of One-on-One4GYB/ CEDO has said it has treated over 3,000 Kogi
- Confusion in Ibadan as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
Oluseye Ojo, Ibadan The Court of Appeal, Ibadan has allowed the appeal filed by the governorship candidate of the All
- Call for sack: Sylvia’s allies fight back, say Minister on track
Fred Itua, Abuja Experts in the oil and gas sector, under the aegis Partner for Petroleum and Energy Sector Prosperity
- Ahead Nov. 16 polls, Dickson urges Bayelsa people not to abandon PDP
Gov. Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa has urged the people of Bayelsa to keep faith with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
- Rerun only in Akpabio’s LGA –INEC
Joe Effiong, Uyo Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has applauded the Court of Appeal’s ruling in Calabar which ordered a rerun
- APC raises alarm over printing of ballot papers
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship campaign organisation, has raised the alarm over alleged printing of ballot
- BREAKING: Kano Airport engulfed in fire
- My music’ll foster inter-cultural relationship between Nigeria and Kenya —Kosgei, Kenyan gospel singer
James Ojo Adakole Kenyan-born gospel musician, Emmy Kosgei Madubuko, has said that the introduction of her music into Nigeria would
- Gbemi Sagay to chair 2019 LAIF Awards Jurors
Gbemi Sagay, a renowned illustrator and advertising practitioner, has been announced as the chief juror of the 2019 Lagos Advertising
- Energy tycoon Femi Otedola’s family’s British Royal connection
There is no gainsaying that Energy tycoon, Femi Otedola is an Alpha celebrity. For more than two decades, he has
- My marriage experience, very bitter –Timmy K
UK-based Nollywood actress-cum-producer, Timmy K. MacNicol is full of regrets. According to the single mother of one, some certain decisions
- Kpali hits cinemas at Yuletide
A new feature film, Kpali, a production of Vzhun Films, is ready for the cinemas. According to the producer, Kpali,
- For me, acting nude is big deal –Chidiogo Enweagbara
For Chidiogo Enwegbara, acting nude is a big deal. According to the producer, acting nude is a matter of choice
- How celebrities sell their souls to devil –Shawn Faqua
Fast-rising actor, model and television presenter, Shawn Faqua has made a shocking revelation on how far celebrities go to gain
- My mum was a witch –Charly Boy, artiste
Tony Ogaga and Joan Eregare A couple of years after he gave his dad, Justice Chukwudifu Oputa a befitting, carnival-like
- I ‘m the new school 2face Idibia – Singer Chuvano
Otuya Chukwuneku Valentino, popularly known as Chuvano, is a song writer and Afro-pop artist signed to Hmb Entertainment. Chuvano, has overtime
- Celebrities react to Oscar disqualification of Genevieve Nnaji’s “Lionheart”
Some Nigerian celebrities have reacted to the disqualification of Genevieve Nnaji’s movie “Lionheart”, as they try to look at the
- November 12, WoodMac Faults Nigeria’s New PSC Legislation
- November 12, Assessing Nigeria’s Quest to End Petrol Importation
- November 12, NEITI: Why Oil Theft in Nigeria May Not End Soon
- November 12, Between NLNG and Nigeria’s Global Warming Challenges
- November 12, NNPC Expands Pipeline Networks to Meet Domestic Gas Demand
- November 12, Assessing Nigeria’s Quest to End Petrol Importation
- November 12, NEITI: Why Oil Theft in Nigeria May Not End Soon
- November 12, Between NLNG and Nigeria’s Global Warming Challenges
- November 12, NNPC Expands Pipeline Networks to Meet Domestic Gas Demand
- November 12, Devon Kings Sponsors Reality Show
- November 12, Ghana to Spur Oil Production
- November 12, ‘China Will Not Push EximBank to Fund 3050MW Mambilla Power Plant’
- November 12, Kenya Airways Partners Safarilink
- November 12, LAPO MFB Restates Commitment to Sustainable Finance
- November 12, Will They Fight over Wealth When You Die?
- November 12, Sanwo-Olu Urges Patronage of Local Market to Build Workforce
- November 12, 737 MAX to Resume Flying in January, Says Boeing
- November 12, Mamador Targets School Children through Campaign
- November 11, Feasible Ways to Make Money with Bitcoin in 2020
- November 11, Julong Technology Announces Plans for Dredger Operators
- November 11, Fidelity Supports Traders
- November 11, Old Mutual Appoints New MD
- November 11, NCC Vows to Sanction Telcos over Poor Service Delivery
- November 11, Netherlands Consul General Advocates Dutch Education for Nigeria
- November 11, Ihedioha: Why We Joined Open Government Partnership
- November 11, Tiamin Rice Injects $13.4m to Boost Production Capacity
- November 11, Nigeria-China Trade Value Hits $8.6 Billion