- Boko Haram kills 41, prevents hundreds voting in Nigeria ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Boko Haram extremists killed 41 people, including a legislator, and scared hundreds of people from polling stations in the northeast, but millions voted across Nigeria Saturday in the most closely contested presidential race in the nation's history.
- Nigeria votes in bitterly contested election Nigerians voted for their next president on Saturday, under the specter of post-election violence.
- Things to know about Nigeria, as country votes for president ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria is holding a crucial election which experts say is too close to call. Here's a look at Africa's most populous country and its biggest economy.
- Nigeria's president urges peaceful vote ahead of Saturday elections (+video) Nigeria is a country steeped in a history of coups, bloodshed caused by politics, ethnicity, land disputes and, lately, the Boko Haram Islamic uprising, the election is important as Africa's most populous nation consolidates its democracy.
- Nigeria claims key Boko Haram success on eve of polling Nigeria on Friday announced the recapture of Boko Haram's headquarters, on the eve of a knife-edge vote at which President Goodluck Jonathan is eyeing re-election against a stiff opposition challenge. The military hailed the claimed victory in Gwoza as a crushing defeat for the rebels, whose six-year insurgency has left more than 13,000 dead and which Jonathan had seemingly been unable to stop ...
- WorldViews: 4 reasons you should care about Nigeria’s election Nigeria is Africa's most populous and oil-rich country, and the elections may affect not just this country but others in West Africa.
- Things to know about Nigeria's 2 front-runners in vote ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's presidential election is a very tight race that many analysts say is too close to call. Here's a look at the two front-runners in the race.
- Nigeria wraps up presidential election campaign Campaigning has wound to a close in Nigeria's presidential elections, with the two leading candidates delivering their final messages to supporters before the crunch vote. Saturday's election is being seen as the closest race in the country's history, with President Goodluck Jonathan facing a strong challenge from former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari. Nigeria has a history of election-related ...
- Nigeria claims key Boko Haram win Nigeria's military says its forces have retaken the northeastern town of Gwoza, which Boko Haram militants last year declared the headquarters of their "caliphate."
- Nigeria neighbours deplore lack of cooperation in Boko Haram fight N'Djamena (AFP) - Two months after neighbouring countries sent troops to help crush the ruthless Islamist movement Boko Haram inside Nigeria, there is frustration at the lack of cooperation from the Nigerian authorities. Chad, Niger and Cameroon have sent troops into action against the sect, whose bloody insurgency threatens the region surrounding Lake Chad, where the borders of all four nations ...
- Expect Poll Results On Monday - Election Chief [Leadership] Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, yesterday disclosed that the results of today's presidential and National Assembly elections will be declared within 48 hours.
- Electoral Body Extends Voting Into Sunday [Daily Trust] Elections in polling units where card readers fail have been suspended until tomorrow, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced.
- Lawmaker, Eight Others Killed By Insurgents [Guardian] A member of Gombe State House of Assembly, Alhaji Umar Aminu (APC), and eight others are feared killed by insurgents on Saturday.
- Why Nigeria's Election Matters for Africa [African Arguments] This week's election in Nigeria is the most important African event of the decade. The 'Africa Rising' story can only continue if the continent's biggest economy is stable and its rulers can transform the lives of its 174 million people, as well as the region and the entire continent.
- U.S. Worried About Nigeria's Elections, Sends Top Official for Monitoring [Leadership] Worried by the uncertainties that may follow the March and April, 2015 general elections in Nigeria, United States president, Mr Barack Obama, has delegated the assistant secretary for African Affairs Linda Thomas-Greenfield, to be part of the election monitoring team in Nigeria.
- Goodluck Jonathan's Fight for Survival [African Arguments] In a candid sit-down interview with the BBC last week, President Goodluck Jonathan announced with an air of confidence "I will surely win it, my party is still the strongest party".
- Bafana, Super Eagles Resume Rivalry [CAJ News] Johannesburg -THE Absa Premiership will take a recess this weekend to make way for the much-anticipated friendly between sworn rivals South Africa and Nigeria.
- Election Website Hacked [This Day] Abuja -The website of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has been hacked and remains inaccessible.
- Jonathan Casts Vote After Delay [Leadership] Abuja -After encountering problems with his accreditation via the card reader, President Goodluck Jonathan has finally cast his vote at about 3:07pm in Saturday's presidential and National Assembly polls at his hometown in Otuoke, Bayelsa State.
- NGO Reports on Election Glitches [African Arguments] The Centre for Democracy and Development is partnering with African Arguments throughout the 2015 Nigerian elections to disseminate updates on proceedings.
- Card Reader Problems Headline Presidential Polls [Daily Trust] Problems with card readers were at the heart of accreditation problems on election morning Saturday, as some 57 million Nigerians prepared to go to the polls to choose a president and federal lawmakers.
- I Warned Jonathan About Boko Haram Ceasefire - Chad's President [Premium Times] President Idris Deby of Chad has spoken publicly about the 2014 botched ceasefire between the Nigerian government and the jihadist group, Boko Haram, which he was said to have facilitated.
- Calm Urged Following Bomb Blast [Vanguard] The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has urged corps members participating in the Presidential and National Assembly elections in Enugu State to remain calm as their safety had been guaranteed.
- Who Is Winning the Twitter War? #NigeriaDecides [Premium Times] One of the arenas in which Nigeria's election is being contested is on social media. Thanks to the increasing penetration of smartphones, traditional barriers of access to broadband Internet have been lifted and an enthusiastic population is eager to have its views heard on social media regarding issues as diverse as fuel subsidy removal and the purchase of presidential jets. The election is no exception.
- Presidential Election - Finally, Nigeria Decides Today [Vanguard] Today is the D-day! Nigerians are trooping out en-masse to elect the next Nigerian president, Senators and members of the House of Representatives for the next four years. As early as 7 am, eligible voters are expected to to be at their polling units for accreditation through the card reader to clear voters for the voting proper.
- 'How We'll Spend Election Day' [Daily Trust] It's Election Day and a variety of Nigerians shared their plans for this much-awaited date.
- Voters Determined, Anxious, Ahead of Poll [Deutsche Welle] Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation and its biggest economy, goes to the polls on Saturday to elect a new president and parliament. DW spoke to Nigerian voters about their hopes, fears and political loyalties.
- 3 Card Readers Fail to Accredit Jonathan [Premium Times] Three voter card readers have failed to read President Goodluck Jonathan's biometrics and accredit him for voting at the Otazi playground polling centre in his home town, Otueke, Bayelsa State.
- Presidential Results to Be Announced Within 48 Hours - Jega [Daily Trust] Results of today's presidential election and the winner of the election are to be known within 48 hours after the closure of the polling units, Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega revealed this yesterday. He said with the improved procedure to the collation of result, the commission hopes to announce the final winner of the election even before the 48 hours, as did in the 2011 election.
- A Vote for Peace in Nigeria [Waza] As Nigerians go to the polls this weekend, Waza blogger Tolu Daniel urges his compatriots to shun violence.
- INEC Orders Manual Accreditation, Extends Exercise Till Sunday [Vanguard] Prof. Attahiru Jega, the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has approved the use of manual accreditation in areas that the Smart Card Readers malfunctioned during the Presidential and National Assembly elections in the country.
- Electoral Body Makes Changes to Electoral Guidelines [AEP] Nigeria's Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has made changes to the guidelines for the Conduct of the 2015 general elections that in Polling Units due to some unexpected challenges with card readers.
- Tinubu Calls for Extension of Voting Time [Premium Times] The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, has called on the Independent National Electoral Commission to extend the voting time in Lagos in order not to disenfranchise people.
- Buhari Raises the Alarm Over Attack On Suporters [Independent (Lagos)] The presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has raised alarm over attacks on his supporters and victimisation of his party members.
- Presidential Poll - Anxiety Over Heavy Security in States [Independent (Lagos)] Ekiti -Signs of the general elections glaringly manifested in all parts of country on Friday, with security arrangements taking the centre stage.
- Elections - Expect Results Within 48hrs - Jega [Independent (Lagos)] With few hours to the presidential elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will announce the result of the elections within 48 hours after voting.
- Thomas-Greenfield Leads U.S. Observation Mission for Nigeria's Elections [Guardian] THE top United States diplomat for Africa, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, is due in Nigeria for today's elections, the State Department said on Thursday, amid concerns over the possibility of violence.
- 1, 537 Nigerians Vie for 469 National Assembly Seats [Premium Times] No fewer than 1,537 candidates from 28 political parties are expected to contest elections for the 469 seats in the National Assembly in Saturday's national elections.
- Election 2015 - Nigerian President Quits Voting Station After Tech Glitch [Guardian] Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan turned up Saturday to accredit himself and his wife Patience for his re-election bid but problems with new voting technology forced to him to temporarily abandon his plans.
- Election Extended to Sunday After Delays [AEP] THE Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has extended the conduct of the Presidential and National Assembly elections, earlier expected to have ended Saturday.
- Liz Da Silva’s Wedding Pictures: Nollywood Actress Marries Baba Tee On Movie Set
- Photos: Odunlade Adekola, Muyiwa Ademola, Sanyeri Storm Akure For “The Event” Yoruba Movie
- Photos: Monalisa Chinda Looks Fabulous For TV Show
- Zack Orji: My Bishop Ordained Me As Pastor, I Became Born Again In The University
- Daniella Okeke Celebrates AMAA 2015 Nomination With Promo Pictures
- Photo: Funke Akindele Befriends Nigerian Billionaire Femi Otedola’s Daughter, DJ Cupid
- Nollywood Actress Bose Aremu Says Every Woman Is A Prostitute
- Photos: Eniola Badmus Married, See Her ‘Husband & Daughter’ On Father’s Pledge Movie Set
- Emem Isong Says Marriage Is Sweet “I Married My Best Friend”
- You And I With Monalisa Chinda TV Talk Show To Air On Africa Magic
- Photo: Ruth Kadiri & New Boyfriend Spotted At Airport In Italy
- Photo: Tonto Dikeh Remembers ‘Virgin’ Days
- IK Ogbonna & Pregnant White Girlfriend Share Bathroom Selfie
- Nigerian Election Day Boko Haram Attacks In Gombe & Kano: Terrorists Behead 23, Kill INEC Staff
- Photo: Nigerian Musician & Wife Lure Pregnant Woman To Lagos, Steal Her Baby
- Photo: Man Arrested For Using Monkeys & Python Snakes For Robbery In Lagos
- Photos: Truck Taking GEJ Jonathan Rice To Election Station Involved In Accident In Osogbo,Driver Hurt
- Amaechi Stoned, Convoy Attacked In Port Harcourt: Wike Thugs Fire Shots At Rivers Governor
- Robbery Attacks At Wema, First & Skye Banks In Owo, Ondo State: 5 Bankers & Manager Killed
- Photos: Fire Explosion At Abuja Federal High Court, Wills Documents Destroyed, Court Had No Backup
- Photos: Andreas Lubitz, Germanwings Copilot Crashed Plane That Killed 150 In Montabaur – Black Box
- US Sent 3 Helicopters To Evacuate Americans In Nigeria Over Possible Post-Election Violence
- Political Thugs Attack Oshodi Lagos Residents, Several Injured
- Photos: Robbers, Political Thugs Attacked Nollywood Actress Amarachi Igidimbah Attacked In Ajah Lagos
- Car Accident In Ikate Elegushi Lekki Lagos: Truck Crashed Into Toyota Camry
- Boko Haram Kidnapped 506 Women & Children From Damasak, Borno, Killed 50
Fashola-urges-INEC-to-address-hitches">March 29, 2015 : Bayo Akinloye
Ailing 85-year-old Dr. Adebisi Sebanjo, caused a stir on Saturday after he arrived at the polling unit at Doula, Apapa, Lagos State. The octogenarian medical director of Julisam Hospital was assisted by two young female nurses wearing blue uniforms. Adebisi is the father of the Senior Special Adviser on Poverty Alleviation to Governor Babatunde Fashola,… [Read More…]
INEC-playing-with-Nigerias-future-─-George">March 29, 2015 : TUNDE ODESOLA
Fashola urges INEC to address hitches The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Saturday cast his vote at the Ward G-3, State Senior Secondary School, Itolo, Surulere, where he called on the Independent National Electoral Commission to address issues relating to malfunction of card readers. The governor, who waited for over two hours in the queue with his wife, Abimbola,
The residence of the Lagos State Commissioner for Transport, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, on Oyewole Road, in the Mulero area of Orile-Agege, was attacked by nine gunmen around 12.10am on Saturday. A resident said the assailants came in a grey colour Toyota Sienna bus, firing sporadically and calling the commissioners name. He was, however, not in… [Read More…]
INEC-must-monitor-Sunday-election-closely">March 29, 2015 : ENIOLA AKINKUOTU and BAYO AKINLOYE
INEC playing with Nigerias future ─ George The Peoples Democratic Party Board of Trustees member, Chief Bode George, says the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, failed to have an alternative plan for possible failure of smart card readers used for the elections. George, who lost his ward to the APC, said if Jega had listened to the
Suspected-PDP-thugs-snatch-ballot-boxes">March 29, 2015 : Alexander Okere
The All Progressives Congress governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, says President Goodluck Jonathan was able to get 71 votes at his (Ambodes) polling unit at Ward A5, polling unit 03, Epe, because members of the Peoples Democratic Party distributed cash. He, however, expressed pleasure in the fact that the APC presidential candidate,… [Read More…]
Late-accreditation,-voting-mar-exercise">March 29, 2015 : chukwudi akasike
Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, has denied donating operational vehicles to the Nigerian Army for the elections in Edo State. Onolememen, who stated this on Saturday shortly after his accreditation at Uromi, in the Esan North-East Local Government Area of the state, was reacting to an allegation by the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole,… [Read More…]
Peaceful-election-in-Kogi">March 29, 2015 : Enyioha Opara
A group of political thugs on Saturday set ablaze the house of a former governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Dumbari Dimkpa. The thugs, according to sources, had stormed Dimkpas residence in Bera, in the Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers State during the presidential and National Assembly election and torched the building…. [Read More…]
A Divisional Police Officer attached to Magama Local Government area of Niger State (names withheld) was on Saturday accused of snatching four ballot boxes and papers at the Mungoro central polling unit of the Majin ward. He was also alleged to have tear-gassed officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission and electorate who were on… [Read More…]
Peaceful election in Kogi Saturdays presidential and National Assembly election was largely peaceful in Ankpa, Ijumu, Kabba-Ibunu and Ogori-Magongo Local Government areas of Kogi State although the voters were disappointed by the late arrival of the officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission. At the wards 1 and 2 in Aiyetoro-Gbede, the hometown of Mr. Dino Melayeof the All
- IT News Africa: Top Stories of the Week This week in tech has seen quite a few surprising occurrences. Not only has Gilat Satellite’s CEO stepped down, but South African telecom operator, Telkom, has been struck down by illegal industrial action. Also making the headlines this week was Nigeria. As the country is set to go to the polls on 28 March 2015, ...
- Nigeria to receive Election updates on 10 channels As Nigerians prepare to exercise their right to vote during the upcoming elections, MultiChoice has assured its subscribers that they can stay connected to the election updates through 10 local and international news channels on DStv and GOtv. In a press...
- Top 10 tips to keep data safe in the cloud If you choose a credible cloud software provider, it will essentially host your payroll applications and data in a secure data centre underpinned by world-class technology. This will free you from doing backups, buying and installing new versions of the...
- Research survey set to track FTTH/B penetration in Africa 52 African countries are now connected to submarine cables, either directly or by terrestrial cross-border fibre optic networks. 44% of Africans live within a 25-km reach of a fibre node. The key question now is which cities and suburbs are taking the lead in...
- Security issue found in wearable fitness wristband Fitness trackers of all kinds have become extremely popular, helping people to manage their physical activity and calorie intake and stay in shape. However, such devices also process important personal data about their owners and it is important to keep it...
- Top Tech Tips to lock down your social media account With mobile devices becoming more prominent in our day-to-day lives, as tech-savvy Africans, we are constantly accessing social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. While these platforms are secure in their own right, they can...
- Nigeria: Lagos Chamber of Commerce Unveils ICT Expo The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) on Friday, 13th march 2015, unveiled the ICT and Telecommunications Expo tagged ‘ICTEL EXPO’. The ICTEL Expo is scheduled to hold at the Federal Palace Hotel, Lagos between 15th and 18th of April, 2015....
- MTN Group reveals latest Sustainability Report MTN Group’s efforts to advance social development in its markets through the integration of sustainable business practices into day-to-day activities, is yielding positive outcomes, according to the company. The company’s Sustainability Report for the...
- Akamai reveals global Q4 2014 State of the Internet Report For the third consecutive quarter, the global average connection speed remained above the 4 Mbps “broadband” threshold, increasing a nominal 0.7 percent to 4.5 Mbps, according to Akamai’s Fourth Quarter, 2014 State of the Internet Report....
- Facebook reveals open source augmented traffic control tool Along with the announcement of Facebook’s This Day feature, the social media platform has announced the release of its Augmented Traffic Control tool under an open source licence. The move is intended in order to give developers access as well a the...
- Nigeria: NCC to pay USD 2.5 million in damages to APC According to a report by the Vanguard, the Federal High Court in Lagos has ordered the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to pay the All Progressives Congress (APC) USD 2.5 million in damages for unlawfully banning its presidential campaign fundraising...
- Kenya: Liquid Telecom invests USD 400,000 into Kilifi Liquid Telecom is set to invest $400,000 in Internet infrastructure that will see Kilifi County in Kenya opened up for interconnectivity for businesses and the county government premises. According to the firm, this is part of its $50m investment in...
- Video Interview: George Burgess discusses Gojimo Education App George Burgess, one of the world’s youngest successful entrepreneurs at just 22 years old, has developed an education app that assists students in revising for their school exams. The app which has been dubbed “Gojimo” will be available in...
- Top 8 analytics trends to watch in 2015 Growing numbers of analysts and researchers insist that data should not only be managed as an asset, but should also be valued as one. They see a future where companies can routinely monetise their own data for financial gain. Analytics innovators continue to...
- Phase3 Telecom to link Niger to Nigeria with aerial fibre Phase3 Telecom has revealed plans to begin the deployment of an aerial fiber optic infrastructure from Kano in Nigeria to Gazaoua in the Republic of Niger. According to Phase 3 Telecom, the network will run from Kano state through Katsina state before...
- Kenya: Telcos demand audit of ICT fund According to a report by The Daily Nation, Kenya’s telecommunication companies allegedly want the industry regulator to set up an audit for the Universal Service Fund and update them on its status. Through the Telecommunications Service Providers of...
- Card reader failure, logistics mar polls INEC says voting continues today OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gowon, commend voting process With preponderant hitches marring yesterday’s election exercise despite unprecedented massive turnout by many… ...
- DPO accused of snatching ballot boxes, papers in Niger Thugs attack journalists in Delta A Divisional Police Officer attached to Magama local government area of Niger State was accused of snatching four ballot boxes… ...
- Amaechi clashes with Army boss, stops voting …APC rejects election, accuses INEC boss of complicity The Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi yesterday clashed with the Brigade Commander in charge of the 2nd… ...
- Post privatisation: Power sector fails to improve Nigerians continue to endure epileptic power supply despite huge investments in the sector by successive governments. Even the latest privatisation of the sector by President… ...
- Presidential election can’t be annulled –Buhari APC Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari has warned against any plot to annul yesterday’s presidential election under any guise, warning that the card reader challenges… ...
- Two killed in Osun election violence The Presidential/National Assembly polls were generally peaceful across Osun State, but witnessed a slow start in many places, including Osogbo, the state capital. But there… ...
- Card reader fails to capture Jonathan, First Lady The much-anticipated 2015 general election began yesterday on a negative note for the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, as the card reader machine failed to… ...
- Fashola casts vote, urges Lagosians to be patient with INEC Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, yesterday voted at about 3.50 p.m. at the Ward G-3, State Senior Grammar School, Itolo Street, Surulere, after which… ...
- APC raises alarm over blockage of leaders’ phones The All Progressives Congress, APC, has raised the alarm over suspicious, election-related activities being carried out at the Federal Government Press on Mobil Road, opposite… ...
- Youths hold INEC offi cers hostage over electoral materials in Imo Hundreds of youths and party agents held Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, officials in two local government areas, Oru East and Mbaitoli in Imo State… ...
Oshiomhole expresses shock as soldiers block INEC officials
FROM TONY OSAUZO, BENIN Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has expressed shock and anger… ...All politicians are the same –Delly Ajufo
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU Mr. Delly Ajufo is an insurance broker and a labour party activist.… ...I’m worried that touts are holding important positions in govt –Senator Oluremi Tinubu
BY AYO ALONGE firstname.lastname@example.org The incumbent Senator representing Lagos Central Senatorial District who is also… ...Election eve: Police arrest Okorocha’s aide, 4 others for arms possession
FROM GEORGE ONYEJIUWA, OWERRI The Imo State Police Command on Friday arrested Barr. Okechukwu Okorocha,… ...Imposition, lack of internal democracy drove us from APC –Kako Are, Accord Party House of Reps candidate
Hon. Kako Are, recently defected from the All Progressives Congress, APC to the Accord Party,… ...Obanikoro optimistic on Jonathan victory
…As Agbaje calls for patience By NDUBUISI ORJI Minister of State for Foriegn Affairs,… ...Obasanjo is one of the few luckiest Nigerians – Oru, N’Delta Minister
As the general elections draw close, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Dr Stephen Orise… ...2015: Why APC is playing religious, ethnic card in the North – Wali
Ambassador Aminu Bashir Wali, Nigeria’s Foreign Affairs Minister, is one of the leaders of the… ...I’m Israel in midst of enemies – Fayose
The first part of this interview was published last week. This is the concluding part.… ...Why Muslims are not happy with Jonathan – Ahmed, Chief missioner, Ansar-Ud-Deen
■ Says, Nigeria more divided under president If there is any Nigerian so much troubled… ...Voters defy rain in Lagos
…As Tinubu expresses displeasure over irregularities ■ One feared dead in Agege BY RAZAQ BAMIDELE… ...Man crushes suitor fleeing rival’s attack to death
BY OLAKUNLE OLAFIOYE A man who attempted to flee from his rival’s attack has been… ...REMINISCENCE: The June 12 1993 presidential election
BY OMONIYI SALAUDEEN Yesterday’s election is a reminder of the annulled June 12 presidential election… ...I coordinated operation that killed Obasanjo’s 3rd term agenda in Senate – Sen Ben Obi
BY SAM NWANZE, ABUJA Senator Ben Obi, President Goodluck Jonathan’s Special Adviser on Inter- Party… ...Man slumps, dies after accreditation in Oyo
FROM OLUSEYE OJO, IBADAN Tragedy struck in Oyo State during the accreditation exercise for the… ...‘Okorocha’ arrested for arms possession
The officials of the Imo State Police Command have arrested a Senior Special Assistant… ...INEC website hacked
The website of the Independent National Electoral Commission has been hacked. The website was taken… ...Boko Haram kills 3 voters in Yobe
Three persons were killed and many injured as some persons suspected to be members of… ...Breaking News: INEC POSTPONES FEDERAL REPS ELECTION IN 7 LG IN JIGAWA
From ABDULLAH TSOHO,Dutse The Independent National Electoral Commission has announced the postponement of elections… ...‘Monkey business’ lands man in police cell
BY CHIOMA IGBOKWE Operatives of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) at the Lagos State… ...I started with my savings and help from a like mind –Atomode Jide Benjamin, businessman and gospel singer
BY SIJIBOMI OYEDEPO It didn’t take Atomode Jide Benjamin to determine his focus in life,… ...I started sewing inside my room –Mrs Amadi, CEO, Fit Beautifully Concept
BY HENRY OKONKWO AND LAWRENCE ENYOGHASU Mrs Toyin Amadi always had love for the fashion industry.… ...Shareholders approve Zenith Bank’s N55bn dividend
Shareholders of Zenith Bank Plc, Thursday unanimously approved the N54.943 billion dividend proposed by its board for the financial year ended December 31, 2014. ...FG unlocks N1bn special credit line for Lagos MSMEs
The Federal Government yesterday said it has unlocked a N1 billion special credit line through the National Enterprise Development Programme (NEDEP) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and cooperatives in Lagos State. ...R3 consumers to benefit from tariff reduction –NERC
Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr. Sam Amadi, has explained that only industrial, commercial and high end residential electricity customers categorised as (R3) would have their tariff reduced from end of March, 2015. ...Govt provides 590 tractors for agric mechanisation services
The Federal Government has provided a total of 590 tractors to farmers across the country through its agricultural mechanisation project. ...Nigeria to source $2bn facility from AfDB, W/Bank
The Nigerian Government says it will source $2 billion from the World Bank and the… ...Alaoji power plants’ll boost S’East economy, says Jonathan
FROM DENNIS MERNYI, ABUJA President Goodluck Jonathan has said the completed Phase 1 of the… ...FG plans full satellite coverage of maritime domain
BY UCHE USIM The Federal Government is planning a total satellite coverage of the nation’s… ...Enugu gov laments absence of FTZ in S’East
BY ADEWALE SANYAOLU Enugu State governor, Sullivan Chime has faulted Federal Government’s reluctance to approve a… ...Honestly, I’m not romantic –Diamond ‘Alobam’ Okechi
By NKECHI CHIMA If there is one thing that stands out Diamond Okechi aka Alobam,… ...Show of shame: Actors fight over Dame Jonathans’ N3m
By FRED IWENJORA The recent visit of First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan to Enugu has… ...Burna Boy, Kiss Daniel thrill at Johnnie Walker Black Podium party
By KEMI YESUFU Rave acts, Burna Boy and Kiss Daniels of ‘Woju’ fame turned out… ...While You Slept premieres
The much awaited film, While You Slept, premiered recently at the Silverbird Galleria, Victoria Island,… ...My parents‘ll disown me if I act nude–Ruby Orjiakor
By CHRISTIAN AGADIBE Ruby Ojiakor is a Nollywood actress who stumbled into acting after she… ...Ruth Kadiri appreciates lover on birthday
“I am grateful to God because he’s been faithful; despite my imperfections he still loves… ...Male fan impersonated me and got paid for show –Olu Maintain
By AYODELE LAWAL Popular hip-hop artiste, Edwards Olu Adegbolu aka Olu Maintain is a member… ...My debut album ordeal –Obioma Madu
Obioma Madu, a graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), is… ...I love white Mercedes G Wagon –Olufunke Afolabi
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU Recently , Olufunke Afolabi had the official store opening party of Elpis… ...Airtel keeps touching lives across Nigeria
BY DEJI AROLOYE Inspiring stories of ordinary people with the determination to make life better… ...