NUT-shuns-meeting-with-Reps-on-school-resumption">September 16, 2014 by Fidelis Soriwei
- Attack on GOC: 12 soldiers sentenced to death
- Nigerians, Israeli smuggle $9.3m cash to S/Africa
- Synagogue: Parents of minor victim can’t be located —Doctor •Death toll rises to 48
- WAEC releases Chibok girls’ results
- Why we opted for online registration —NYSC •Says it’s optional
- Synagogue: Fashola orders church staff out
- 30,000 polling units: Reps to meet INEC chairman, stakeholders
- Military declares Air Force jet, 2 pilots missing
- Jonathan has failed the North –ACF
- Suntai returns, thanks Nigerians •Acting gov, Danjuma, others receive him
- Ebola may become airborne •Experts raise the alarm •Claim 22 million people risk infection
- 12 die, properties destroyed in Lagos road, fire accidents
- Jonathan has information about CBN Boko Haram financier —Soyinka •Backs Falana’s call for prosecution of sponsors
- Nigeria’s armed forces not for the heartless —Jonathan •As military routs insurgents
- Black Scorpion, Benjamin Adekunle, dies at 78 •Jonathan, OBJ, others mourn
- Boko Haram battles army near Maiduguri •We routed them, seized their vehicles, guns —Army •Military stops soldiers from hajj, cancels passes, annual leave
- Nigeria shelve Keshi contract talks Abuja (AFP) - Stephen Keshi's future as Nigeria coach hung in the balance Monday with a decision on whether he stays on only likely to come in the days before the team's next crunch game.
- Nigeria crisis affects coach vacancy Nigeria will not discuss a new coach until a new football federation president is elected, harming their Nations Cup preparations.
- 45 dead after Nigeria building collapse LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Rescue workers have recovered 46 bodies and rescued 130 survivors from a collapsed shopping mall and guesthouse at the campus of renowned Nigerian preacher T.B. Joshua's Synagogue Church of All Nations, the West African nation's emergency agency said Monday.
- Nigeria says army repels militants outside northeast city ABUJA, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Nigeria's military beat back an attack by Islamist insurgents outside the Borno state capital Maiduguri on Friday and sent in reinforcements to stop any assault on the northeastern city, the government said. Authorities were struggling to reassure frightened locals that the armed forces would defend them against the Boko Haram militants, who have overrun a string of ...
- Nigeria leagues to resume after refs' boycott ends The Nigeria Premier League will resume next week after the country's referees called off a boycott of the competition in protest over a leadership crisis in the domestic game, organisers said on Friday. The league was suspended a fortnight ago following the withdrawal of referees from the championship in protest at the appointment of a new head of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). Salihu ...
- Soldiers defeat Islamic fighters in north Nigeria MAIDUGURI, Nigeria – Soldiers killed scores of Islamic extremists in a rare victory as the insurgents advanced on a town near the northeast city of Maiduguri, an officer and other witnesses said.
- Nigeria's weak health sector confronts Ebola Spread of Ebola contained, but health system is having trouble dealing with treatable diseases which kill thousands.
- South African quarantined in Nigeria tests negative for Ebola A South African woman who was quarantined overnight in Nigeria as a suspected Ebola case has tested negative for the disease and will be allowed to return home, a U.S. The traveler, who had flown in to Lagos via Morocco on Thursday, was held overnight in an Ebola treatment center for tests after she acknowledged suffering Ebola-like symptoms after working in Guinea and Sierra Leone since April ...
- Nigeria building collapse kills 45 at church compound 105 people survive collapse at campus of renowned preacher, who claims aircraft was flying low over building
- In-form Martins hopes for Nigeria recall Seattle Sounders striker Obafemi Martins hopes his form in MLS will earn him a recall to the Nigeria team.
- Boko Haram Threat Dangerously Exploited By Elites [allAfrica]The author, who travels widely in Nigeria and interacts with political, business and civil society leaders of varying views, requested that his name not be used.
- Govt Seizes U.S. $9 Million for Nigerian Arms [SAPA]Johannesburg -An invoice for helicopters and armaments intended to be used in Nigeria could indicate why an Israeli citizen was bringing U.S. $9.3 million (about R102 million) into South Africa, the National Prosecuting Authority said on Monday.
- Let Us Probe Nigeria's Defence Spending [Guardian]AS a Nigerian, I am mystified about the hard times our military is having with the Boko Haram murderers in the northeast.
- Obasanjo Visits Injured Son in Jos Today [This Day]Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is expected in Jos, Plateau State capital today, to visit his injured son, Lt Colonel Adeboye Obasanjo, who is currently receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital in the city.
- Synagogue Death Toll Hits 44 [This Day]Officials of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) who have continued the rescue operations at the collapsed building of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Ikotun, Lagos, yesterday announced that the death toll had hit 44, while 130 persons had been rescued.
- The EU's Response to Help Fight the Ebola Outbreak in West Africa [EASS]Brussels -What is the situation with the Ebola outbreak?
- PenCom Revokes NNPC Pension Licence Over N134 Billion Deficit [Daily Trust]The National Pension Commission (PENCOM) has revoked the licence granted to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporations (NNPC) Pension Fund over failure to meet its requirements.
- '80 Percent of Drugs in Nigeria Are Imported' [Daily Trust]Lagos -The Association of Industrial Pharmacists of Nigeria (NAIP) said at the weekend that 80 per cent of drugs used in the country are imported.
- Governor Suntai to Return to Hospital After Guber Primaries [Daily Trust]Jalingo and Abuja -Taraba State Governor Danbaba Suntai who returned from a foreign medical trip Saturday night will be around only long enough to see through the PDP governorship primaries before returning abroad for further medication, Daily Trust learnt yesterday.
- Ebola - Relief for Nigeria, As AU Moves Against Travel Bans [Guardian]THE African Union (AU) has urged member states to lift all travel bans and restrictions related to the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak. This came as some African countries, the latest being Gabon, continue to embarrass Nigeria with travel bans over the Ebola virus.
- Boko Haram Abducts 50 Women From Preaching Venue [Daily Trust]Yola -Residents who escaped from areas recently attacked by Boko Haram militants said yesterday that at least 50 young women were seized by the insurgents in Gulak on Saturday after being assembled at a preaching venue.
- Time to Act On Suntai's Case [Daily Trust]On Wednesday last week, the Taraba State Executive Council passed a resolution directing the House of Assembly to constitute a committee of medical experts to make a determination on the health status of Governor Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, who has been away from his duties for nearly two years now on medical grounds. Such a resolution should have been passed a long time ago, but given political and inter-communal sensitivities in the state, this issue was allowed to linger for this long.
- Nigeria Targets U.S.$80 Billion Trade Volume With Asia By 2016 [Guardian]THE Federal Government has concluded plans to raise the volume of trade between the country and 14 Asian countries from the current $40 billion (N6.62 trillion)to $80 billion (N13.2trillion) within the next two years.
- Boko Haram - Catholic Church Counts Losses in Borno [This Day]The Catholic Church on Saturday said it has lost over 500 members, including over 170 children to the insurgency in the Northeast region of Nigeria.
- Soyinka Flays Jonathan On #BringBackJonathan Campaign, Modu Sheriff [Vanguard]Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has condemned President Goodluck Jonathan for the furore generated by the #BringBack Jonathan 2015 campaign and his trip to the Chad Republic, where former governor of Borno State , Ali Modu Sheriff was presented as a presidential travelling companion.
- Nigerian Army Kills 200 Insurgents in Konduga [Leadership]Boko Haram terrorists yesterday suffered a major defeat when soldiers repelled an early morning attack on Konduga town, killing at least 200 of them, security sources said.
- Army Searching for Missing Colonel [Daily Trust]The Nigerian Army is still searching for a senior officer it declared missing after a fierce battle with Boko Haram insurgents in Adamawa State.
- Boko Haram - Military Repels Attack On Maiduguri [Vanguard]Abuja -Special Forces of the Nigerian Army yesterday routed hundreds of Boko Haram terrorists including foreign mercenaries who invaded Konduga town about 35 kilometres from Maiduguri with a view to setting up a camp and planning to attack Maiduguri, the Borno State capital. This resulted in the killing of more than 80 insurgents, the military said.
- Housing for Service Veterans [Vanguard]DURING the 2014 emblem launching for the Armed Forces Remembrance Day activities, President Goodluck Jonathan requested the military authorities to submit a programme for enhanced welfare of retired armed forces personnel.
- Remembering September 11, 2001 - Lesson From Chaos in New York [Vanguard]"There was no silver bullet that could have prevented the 11 September attacks. There was nothing demonstrating or showing that something was coming in the United States. If there had been something, we would have acted on it." - Condoleezza Rice
- TB Joshua's Guest House Collapses [Leadership]A six-storey building serving as a lodge for spiritual tourists at the Synagogue Church of All Nations, Ikotun-Egbe, Lagos, collapsed midday yesterday killing about 15 people including a 12-year-old.
- Horror - Egypt Air Wrongly Flew Me to Another Country, Tore My Passport, Locked Me Up [Vanguard]A Nigerian medical student returning to school in Ukraine tells the story of how he nearly died at the hands of Egypt Air officials who wrongly routed him to Moldova, never gave him food for days and called him bloody Nigerian before deporting him back to Lagos
- I Have Insured a Couple of Things, but Not My Breasts - Cossy Orjiakor [Vanguard]Cossy Orjiakor has been in the public glare for some time now and even though she is tagged an actress, many of us only know her mostly for her massive boobs that seem to keep getting bigger and bigger.
- Tears of Joy As Mayowa,Ndigwe Win Aquafina Elite Model Contest [Vanguard]Winner of the Aquafina Elite Model Look Nigeria 2014 female category, Mayowa Nicholas has described her victory as challenging, saying that winning the contest remains the happiest moment of her life.
- What Top Nigerian Musicians Earn Per Show [Daily Independent]There is no doubt that most Nigerian musicians are living their dreams of becoming not only rich but also famous by the grace of their talents.
- MKO Abiola Remembered in the 'Supreme Price' [Daily Independent]About to be premiered in Nigeria is the movie, The Supreme Price. It is a story on how MKO Abiola was imprisoned as another military regime assumed power, and his wife, Kudirat, took over the leadership of the pro-democracy movement, organising strikes and marches and winning international attention for the Nigerian struggle.
- Death Toll Rises to 49 in Synagogue Building Collapse [Daily Independent]Five more bodies have been recovered from under the rubbles of the six-storey building that collapsed on Friday within the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Ikotun, a Lagos suburb.
- Auditor General's Report Indicts Ex-Head of Service, Oronsaye, for N123 Billion Fraud [Premium Times]A damning report by the office of Nigeria's Auditor General has indicted a former Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Stephen Oronsaye, over an alleged N123billion fraud perpetrated during his tenure, between 2009 and 2010, PREMIUM TIMES can authoritatively report today.
- AYC Qualifier - Gabon Shock Golden Eaglets 2-1 in Libreville [Premium Times]Nigeria's Under-17 team, Golden Eaglets, were beaten 2-1 by Gabon's national junior side Sunday in their Final Round-First Leg of the 2015 African Under-17 Championship qualifier at the Stade Augustin Monedan de Sibang in Libreville.
- Eagles Must Go Back to Basics - Taribo West [Daily Trust]Former Super Eagles defender Taribo West has hit out at the reigning African champions following their two dismal outings in the Africa Cup of Nations qualification phase.
- Investors offer N3.2 trillion to take over TCN IF the Federal Government accepts an offer of $20 billion (about N3.2 trillion) from international [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:42]
- Anxiety in Anambra as Supreme Court rules on guber case today THERE is anxiety in Anambra State as the Supreme Court takes concluding arguments today amidst the [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:34]
- NBA calls for peace between Rivers, NJC DEEPLY concerned by the state of affairs in the Rivers State judiciary where all the courts in the [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:09]
- Five killed in fresh Plateau attack, 20 houses torched A 40-YEAR old mother of two, her three-year old and five-year old children were on Sunday night [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:28]
- Adamawa council boss impeached for alleged fraud COUNCILLORS at Guyuk local council of Adamawa State Monday impeached their chairman, Mr. Kube N. [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:05]
- How I tamed the leopard in Rivers, by Mbu THE celebrated antagonism between the Rivers State Governor and then Commissioner of Police (CP) [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:25]
- Nigerias challenges temporary, says Kumuyi THE myriad of challenges unnerving Nigerians, including insecurity, political woes and even [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:04]
- UN envoy tasks Nigeria, Africa on electricity, poverty, others THE United Nations Organisation (UNO) Monday lamented that Nigeria was still one of the countries [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:23]
- Panel begins sitting over Lagos BRT, soldiers clash • Group commends Fashola over probe INVESTIGATION into the July 4, 2014, Bus Rapid Transit [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:02]
- NEMA to repatriate 112,000 displaced persons from Cameroun THE National Emergency Management Agency yesterday unveiled plans to repatriate (NEMA) over 112, [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:21]
- LP may adopt Jonathan again AS it was in 2011, the National Chairman of Labour Party (LP), Dan Nwanyanwu, has hinted that the [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:00]
- NDLEA uncovers large hemp farm in Ondo AN Indian hemp farm that is probably the largest in the world as attested to by officials of the [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:13]
- Obiano meets monarchs on economic drive IN his drive to carry all segments along in the governance of Anambra State, Governor Willie [Monday, 15 September 2014 21:59]
- 5,000 PDP supporters, party chiefs dump party for APC in Kogi THE All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kogi State formally received not less than seven House of [Monday, 15 September 2014 22:11]
- NMA okays September 22 for resumption of schools, wants new entrants into Nigeria screened • ECOWAS urges protection of freedom THE argument of some stakeholders against the Federal [Monday, 15 September 2014 21:45]
- Govt seeks legislative approval for 30-year infrastructure master plan • Projects 25 million jobs at completion in 2014 THE Federal Government may have concluded plans [Monday, 15 September 2014 20:32]
- Lafarge Africa completes consolidation exercise . Targets $350m growth in balance sheet, 18MT capacity by 2017 HAVING secured approval from its [Monday, 15 September 2014 20:31]
- Nigeria downgrades growth projection over insurgency, Ebola THE Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said the [Sunday, 14 September 2014 17:41]
- Qatari bank stakes additional $283 million in Ecobank QATAR National Bank, Monday, acquired 11.0 per cent additional stake in Ecobank Transnational [Monday, 15 September 2014 20:29]
- NCDMB wades into ARCO-AGIP dispute THE Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) will Tuesday wade into the lingering [Monday, 15 September 2014 20:27]
- Oil prices continue on downward trend OIL prices resumed on a slide Monday after weak industrial and retail data from China raised [Monday, 15 September 2014 20:25]
- EU firms eye $1.2tr investment outlay EUROPEAN companies have close to a trillion euros in cash -- far more than before the financial [Monday, 15 September 2014 13:21]
- Corporate Nigeria Rally Against Ebola • As Seplat, Elumelu, Dangote, Others Dole Out N256m SINCE that unfortunate arrival of [Saturday, 13 September 2014 17:42]
- Nigeria targets $80b trade volume with Asia by 2016 • Govt officials, 14 envoys finetune strategy in India THE Federal Government has concluded plans [Sunday, 14 September 2014 17:42]
- Enyeamas absence not responsible for Eagles failure, says Shorunmu SUPER Eagles’ goalkeeper trainer, Ike Shorunmu, says the failure of the team to win any of its [Monday, 15 September 2014 21:53]
- Handball Federation board to be sworn in Tuesday AFTER several months of legal tussle, the board of the Handball Federation of Nigeria (HFN) will [Monday, 15 September 2014 21:47]
- Abia Warriors effects new uniform pay to players THE Technical Director of Abia Warriors FC, Ladan Bosso, on Monday said the club had adopted the [Monday, 15 September 2014 14:28]
- Nigerian athletes in poor finish, as IAAF Intercontinental Cup ends in Morocco • Team Africa places 3rd NIGERIAN athletes could not give a good account of themselves, as the 2nd [Monday, 15 September 2014 20:19]
- Ferdinand carpets Moyes, itemises goofs as Man United manager RIO Ferdinand has revealed what he believes were a series of mistakes David Moyes made during his [Monday, 15 September 2014 13:39]
- No Nigerian coach good enough for Eagles, says Babayaro FORMER international, Emmanuel Babayaro, has declared that no Nigerian coach is good enough to [Monday, 15 September 2014 20:17]
- Gabon beats Nigeria 2-1 in Libreville NIGERIA’S Under-17 football team, the Golden Eaglets, yesterday lost 1-2 to Gabon in their final [Monday, 15 September 2014 13:13]
- Obudu LOC congratulates former champion, Mayr THE Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the 10th Obudu International Mountain Race has [Monday, 15 September 2014 20:15]
- Beaten Quadri targets Portuguese Super Cup THE fine run of Nigeria’s Aruna Quadri came to an end at the weekend in the round of 32 at the [Monday, 15 September 2014 13:05]
- Siasia: It is difficult to talk to Mikel • Iheanacho ripe for Eagles SUPER Eagles’ former coach, Samson Siasia, has warned that anyone who [Monday, 15 September 2014 19:35]
- Keshi will sign Eagles contract before Sudan tie, says NFF • No elective congress on September 30 THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) says Super Eagles [Monday, 15 September 2014 00:00]
- Hulk Hogan did not come to Nigeria, says Commander CONTRARY to the belief that the wrestler, who featured in the Commonwealth/Africa Unifying [Monday, 15 September 2014 19:31]
- Martins hopes for recall to Super Eagles SEATTLE Sounders striker, Obafemi Martins, hopes his form in Major League Soccer (MLS) will earn [Sunday, 14 September 2014 19:49]
- Giwas Election: FIFA cannot abort a born baby FOOTBALL in Nigeria today is in crisis. Millions of soccer crazy Nigerians are skeptical about the [Monday, 15 September 2014 19:28]
- Ikoyi Club tuned up for Nigeria Cup, says LOC FANS and players coming to Ikoyi Club for the 2014 Nigeria Cup have been assured of a perfect [Sunday, 14 September 2014 19:47]
A military court sitting in Abuja on Monday found 13 out of the 18 soldiers standing trial for mutiny and other offences guilty. Twelve of the convicted soldiers were sentenced to death, five were discharged and acquitted while the remaining one was jailed for 28 days with hard labour. The soldiers had on May 14,… [Read More...]
NUT shuns meeting with Reps on school resumption The Nigeria Union of Teachers on Monday shunned a meeting called by the House of Representatives Committee on Education to resolve the impasse over the September 22 date for the resumption of schools nationwide. The NUT, which would meet on Tuesday (today) to take a final decision on whether to proceed on a strike over 8-Comments-
The-Acting-Governor-of-Taraba-State,-Alhaji-Garba-Umar,-has-said-that-a-cabal-surrounding-the-ailing-Governor,-Danbaba-Suntai,-is-holding-him-hostage-in-their-bid-to-hold-onto-power-to-the-detriment-of-his-health.-Danbaba,-who-returned-to-the-country-from-overseas-treatment-last-Saturday,-is-still-holed-up-in-Abuja,-more… [Read-More...]-ACF-rejects-additional-polling-units,-silent-on-Jega">September 16, 2014 by Jude Owuamanam
The Acting Governor of Taraba State, Alhaji Garba Umar, has said that a cabal surrounding the ailing Governor, Danbaba Suntai, is holding him hostage in their bid to hold onto power to the detriment of his health. Danbaba, who returned to the country from overseas treatment last Saturday, is still holed up in Abuja, more… [Read More...]
ACF rejects additional polling units, silent on Jega The Arewa Consultative Forum on Monday rejected the allocation of additional polling units by the Independent National Election Commission, noting that the exercise was skewed in favour of the South. The position was a major outcome of an emergency meeting on Sunday between the ACF and all non-governmental organisations in the North at the ACFs 2-Comments-
Thirty-days-to-the-expiration-of-his-tenure,-the-Ekiti-State-Governor,-Dr.-Kayode-Fayemi,-on-Monday-said-he-would-not-stop-performing-his-role-as-a-governor.-He-stated-this-at-the-inaugural-meeting-of-a-19-member-transition-committee,-comprising-members-from-his-administration-and-those-nominated-by-the-Governor-elect,-Mr.-Ayodele-Fayose.-There… [Read-More...]-Normalcy-returns-to-Mubi">September 16, 2014 by Kamarudeen Ogundele
Thirty days to the expiration of his tenure, the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, on Monday said he would not stop performing his role as a governor. He stated this at the inaugural meeting of a 19-member transition committee, comprising members from his administration and those nominated by the Governor-elect, Mr. Ayodele Fayose. There… [Read More...]
Normalcy returns to Mubi Normalcy has returned to Mubi a week after an attempt by insurgents to invade the town, which disrupted activities and compelled many residents to flee. Last Sunday, rumour filtered into Mubi that the insurgents were approaching the town to perpetrate violence. This forced some residents to flee the town. However, markets and shops in the Leave-a-Comment-
The-newly-posted-Commissioner-of-Police,-Kwara-State-Command,-Mr.-Salihu-Garba,-on-Monday-called-for-collaboration-among-all-stakeholders-to-address-insecurity.-He-stated-that-it-was-imperative-for-Nigerians-to-assist-security-agencies-with-quality-information-so-as-to-curb-insurgency-and-prevent-crimes-in-the-country.-In-his-maiden-media-briefing-in… [Read-More...]-55-injured-as-PDP,-APC-supporters-clash">September 16, 2014 by Success Nwogu
The newly posted Commissioner of Police, Kwara State Command, Mr. Salihu Garba, on Monday called for collaboration among all stakeholders to address insecurity. He stated that it was imperative for Nigerians to assist security agencies with quality information so as to curb insurgency and prevent crimes in the country. In his maiden media briefing in… [Read More...]
55 injured as PDP, APC supporters clash Supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party and those of the All Progressives Congress clashed on Sunday at the boundary of Katsina/Ala and Buruku Local Council Area of Benue State, leaving more than 50 people injured. A member of the House of Representatives and governorship aspirant on the platform of the APC, Emmanuel Jime, was on 1-Comment-
The-three-man-panel-of-inquiry-commission-constituted-by-the-Lagos-State-Government-to-probe-the-July-4,-2014-mayhem-on-the-Ikorodu-Road-in-Lagos,-had-its-inaugural-sitting-on-Monday.-The-tribunal-was-sworn-in-on-July-21,-2014-by-the-Governor-of-Lagos-State,-Babatunde-Fashola.-Its-mandate-is-to-investigate-the-public… [Read-More...]-Lab-scientists-ask-FG-to-revive-vaccine-factory">September 16, 2014 by Ramon Oladimeji
The three-man panel of inquiry commission constituted by the Lagos State Government to probe the July 4, 2014 mayhem on the Ikorodu Road in Lagos, had its inaugural sitting on Monday. The tribunal was sworn in on July 21, 2014 by the Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Fashola. Its mandate is to investigate the public… [Read More...]
Lab scientists ask FG to revive vaccine factory The Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria has asked the Federal Government to immediately revive the vaccine producing factory in Yaba, Lagos State, in order to assist in the fight against the Ebola Virus Disease. The National President of AMLSN, Dr. Godswill Okara, said this during a press briefing in Abuja entitled, “Ebola Virus: Leave-a-Comment-
The-Lagos-State-Police-Command-has-arrested-a-33-year-old-man-for-parading-himself-as-a-naval-official-to-extort-money-from-unsuspecting-job-seekers.-Our-correspondent-gathered-that-the-suspect,-Francis-Istifanus,-who-was-dismissed-from-the-Nigeria-Navy-in-2007-for-gross-misconduct,-had-collected-money-from-people-on-a-promise-to-enlist-them… [Read-More...]-Ekiti-assures-health-workers-on-PPE">September 16, 2014 by Afeez Hanafi
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 33-year-old man for parading himself as a naval official to extort money from unsuspecting job seekers. Our correspondent gathered that the suspect, Francis Istifanus, who was dismissed from the Nigeria Navy in 2007 for gross misconduct, had collected money from people on a promise to enlist them… [Read More...]
Ekiti assures health workers on PPE As part of efforts of the Ekiti State Government to curtail the inherent risks faced by health workers during contact with people with possible communicable diseases, particularly the dreaded Ebola Virus Disease, the state government has assured stakeholders in the state of adequate provision of protective equipments of universal standard. Addressing health workers in the
- Vox Telecom acquires Dynamic IT Vox Telecom has concluded its acquisition of managed IT provider, Dynamic IT, as part of its growth and diversification strategy. Murray Steyn, Executive Head at Vox Telecom stated that: “Convergence and cloud are accelerating the outsourced managed IT market and it is no longer viable to be ‘just’ a telecommunications provider in South Africa. There ...
- Video Interview: Jeffrey Mann research vice president – Gartner Jeffrey Mann is a Research Vice President for collaboration and social software at Gartner Research. Mann focuses on social software, team workspaces, the collaboration market, file sharing and sync, cloud-based collaboration platforms and user policies and...
- Can an enterprise mobility strategy empower the workforce? As smartphone adoption in South Africa continues to accelerate beyond all expectation, enterprises are increasingly focussing on how to capitalise on a ‘mobile-enabled’ workforce. The fact that so many employees now have smartphones is a massive boon for...
- PayPal partners with PayGate in South Africa PayPal and PayGate have inked a partnership, which according to both parties, will make online payments easier for merchants to accept payments in South Africa. PayGate’s GM of business development, Brendon Williamson, stated that: “PayGate customers can...
- Durban: ICT Business Breakfast speakers revealed In this edition of the ICT Business Breakfast, speakers and panelists will tackle the role of Intelligent Business Operations (IBO) and Big Data in bringing the enterprise to a culture of speedy and efficient decision making. Africa’s technology news leader...
- IT News Africa: Top Stories of the Week This week in tech has been an exceptionally busy one at that. Not only did we attend the 2014 Gartner Symposium, but we also gained access to some rather insightful knowledge that revealed the Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2015. The 2014 Gartner...
- Ghana: MTN unveils school fee payment service Residents in Ghana will be able to pay school fees via MTN’s Mobile Money Payments Service. The service, which was launched in Accra, will enable subscribers of the network to pay school fees for their wards, irrespective of their geographical locality,...
- Video Interview: Will Hahn principal research analyst – Gartner Will Hahn, principal research analyst, Gartner, presented at the 2014 Gartner Symposium this week in Cape Town South Africa. Hahn presented on how digital services will transform telecom markets in South Africa and beyond. Additionally, Hahn spoke on the...
- Huawei & MTN Group ink managed services contract Huawei has announced a five-year managed services contract with MTN Group. According to the deal, Huawei will provide managed services for MTN in six countries, including Ghana, Cameroon, Guinea and Benin. The company has stated that the contract covers a...
- East Africa: Romantis & SES set to serve VSAT providers Romantis has unveiled that it will be providing a high-quality gateway solution, Romantis’ Universal Hardware Platform (UHP) with all operation modes, on SES’ NSS-12 Ku-band beam in East Africa. The gateway solution, offered from SES partner teleport...
- Reps may approve referendum on Confab report The House of Representatives may, on Wednesday, consider and approve a proposal to vote on the recommendations of the just-concluded national conference through a referendum. A Bill for an Act… ...
- FG to set-up taskforce for project monitoring Worried by the growing cases of abandoned projects in some ministries, departments and agencies, the Federal Government has resolved to setup a project performance and monitoring taskforce to halt the… ...
- Ebola: FG, NMA agree on Sept 22 resumption date . Presidential committee warns against mass rallies The Nigerian Medical Association, NMA, and the Ministry of Health yesterday agreed on the September 22 resumption date for primary and secondary schools… ...
- 2015: North’ll reject abortion of elections, say ACF, others Northern groups, Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, Northern Elders Forum, NEF, and others yesterday said the region would reject any attempt by President Goodluck Jonathan to abort the 2015 general elections… ...
- Insecurity, others take centre stage as Senate resumes today As the Senate resumes today after its 2014 long vacation, the lawmakers will be preoccupied with issues bordering on insecurity, the medium term expenditure profile to guide the 2015 appropriation,… ...
- More bodies recovered from Synagogue building collapse The death toll in the five-storey building collapse at the Synagogue Church of All Nations, Ikotun, Lagos, has risen to 50. This is just as officials of the National Emergency… ...
- LASU external students protest poor academic programmes Activities yesterday at the offices of the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, were disrupted for several minutes by external students of the Lagos State University, LASU, over alleged fraudulent practices… ...
- Court sacks Rep for defection The Appeal Court yesterday sacked the lawmaker representing Akure South and North federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Mr Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde, following his defection from Labour Party, LP,… ...
- UNILAG holds special session for Ade-Ajayi The Senate of the University of Lagos, UNILAG, Akoka, yesterday honoured eminent historian and third vice-chancellor of the institution, the late Prof. Jacob Ade-Ajayi, with a special Senate meeting. The… ...
- Mbu recounts exploit in Rivers Out-going Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT Command, Mbu Joseph Mbu, yesterday handed over to his successor, Wilson Inalegwu. He recounted how he was able to use… ...
2015: Why President deserves fresh term –Audu-Emeje
Former Kogi State first lady, Ambassador Aisha Audu-Emeje is in the vanguard of a second term ticket for the incumbent president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan. She is the Deputy Director-General and member, ...2015: We’ll beg Amaechi, Oshiomhole for Jonathan –Cairo Ojougboh
Dr Cairo Ojougboh is the National Vice-Chairman, South-south of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, (PDP). In a chat with newsmen in Abuja, he enunciated efforts by his leadership in the zone to galvanise support for the incumbent President, Dr Goodluck Jonathan ahead of the party’s presidential convention. ...2015: North-West APC youths endorse Kwankwaso
Ahead of the 2015 general elections, Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso’s presidential bid has received a boost as North-West All Progressives Congress (APC) Youth Vanguard endorsed him to run. ...Plan to hijack Jonathan’s campaign in South West foiled
Ahead of the 2015 general elections, President Goodluck Jonathan has told leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South West that the Governor-elect of Ekiti State, Mr Ayo Fayose, is key to the party’s success in the zone. ...Anambra 2015: Stakeholders hail PDP’s order
The assurance by the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State to conduct transparent congresses and primaries at all levels as well as non-imposition of aspirants have received accolades from stakeholders in the state. ...2,000 PDP members defect to APC in Edo
The rank of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo State depleted, last weekend, as no fewer than 2,000 of its members defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Igueben Local Government Area of the state. ...Imoke to his aides: Resign if you’re interested in guber race
Cross River State Governor, Liyel Imoke, has ordered his aides interested in the governorship race to resign from the cabinet and face their campaigns. ...Reporter who designed PDP logo cries to Jonathan for recognition
When the whistle was blown in 1998 for the commencement of political activities culminating in the current democratic dispensation, a journalist, Gboyega Amobonye, played a significant role. ...2015: Day UNDP, youth group train youths on voter registration
With less than six months to the 2015 general elections, political activities in the country… ...Amaechi raises alarm over alleged Presidency directive to install PDP gov in Rivers
The Rivers State Government has raised the alarm over alleged fresh plot to throw the… ...Thuggery is act of terrorism –Police
Kwara State Police Command has described thuggery as an act of terrorism.The new Commissioner of Police in the state, Salihu Garba, made the observation in Ilorin yesterday during his maiden press conference. ...Confab’s report vindicated us –Ebute
National Chairman of Congress for Equality and Change (CEC), Senator Ameh Ebute, has said the report of the national conference has vindicated the aims and objectives of his group. ...Prepare hand-over notes, Fayemi orders aides
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has directed commissioners and other political appointees serving under his administration to start preparing their hand-over notes. ...Ondo govt to establish cremation centres
Ondo State Government has concluded arrangements to establish cremation centres in the state following the passage of the bill on cremation into law by the state House of Assembly. ...Ajimobi gives N10m to traders at burnt Aleshinloye market
Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has disbursed N10 million to traders of Aleshinloye Market, Ibadan, whose shops were gutted by fire recently. ...Osun community tasks Aregbesola on development
The people of Imesi-Ile in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State have appealed to the state Governor, Rauf Aregbesola to ensure the over all development of the ancient town. ...Coal: Group urges FG to compensate Enugu communities
Oil Mineral Producing Area Landlords’ Association of Nigeria (OMPALAN) has urged the Federal Government to compensate Enugu State particularly the coal producing communities commensurately for bearing the economic burden of the entire country. ...Group supports Akpabio’s Senatorial ambition
A group, Akwa Ibom State Community (AKISCOM) in Lagos, has thrown its weight behind the state Governor, Godswill Akpabio’s senatorial ambition in 2015. ...Reps commiserates with community over rainstorm
The member representing Etsako Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, Mr. Momoh Abubakar, has commiserated with the people of Fugar in Etsako Central Local Government Area of Edo State over the recent rainstorm, ...Bayelsa urges NCCT to develop local content on ICT
Bayelsa State Government yesterday urged the National Council of Communication Technology (NCCT) to develop Information Communication Technology (ICT) local content to strengthening ICT infrastructure in the country. ...Group seeks clarification on alleged CBN involvement in terror finance
The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has called the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Governor Godwin Emefiele, to “urgently provide information on the identity of the persons involved in alleged money laundering through the bank to fund the activities of the Boko Haram,.” ...Verve card: UBA deepens payments system vision 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN’s) drive to attain the Payments System Vision 2020 is gradually gaining momentum in financial services industry. ...Sterling Bank disburses cash via Facebook, Twitter
Sterling Bank Plc has again set a standard in online transactions with the disbursement of quick cash to over 2,000 online customers under the Social Lender Scheme. ...NPDC to grow crude production by 250,000bpd
The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Joseph Dawha, has hinted that its upstream subsidiary, the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), ...N134bn deficit: PenCom revokes NNPC’s PFA license
Failure to meet Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) requirements, the National Pension Commission (PenCom) has revoked the licence granted the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to operate a close ended Pension Fund Administration. ...Agric attracts $5.6bn private sector investment in 4 years
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, has said that the Nigerian agriculture attracted about $5.6 billion private sector investment between 2011 and 2014. ...Bauchi seeks approval to float N15bn infrastructure bond
Governor of Bauchi State, Malam Isa Yuguda, has said that the state urgently needs N15 billion to complete ongoing vital projects that will change the lives of the people and drive further investments into the state. ...Never make investments trusting govt policy –Edwin Devakumar, GMD, Dangote Cement
For the Group Managing Director of Dangote Cement, Devakumar Edwin, doing business with multiple challenges… ...How SON, NAFDAC stall business growth in Nigeria – LCCI-CIPE’s study
For the organised private sector, the intervention of the Federal Government is very auspicious at… ...Food import declines from N2.38trn to N1.5trn, says Jonathan
President Goodluck Jonathan has said that the Federal Government is inching towards achieving food security… ...Lessons from my father shaped my life, grew my business
-Myke Ikoku,Chairman / CEO Obiron Group Those whose kernels were cracked for them by a… ...How my hubby toasted me –AITY DENNIS
At a time when some pastors’ homes are breaking up, gospel music star, Aity Dennis… ...Myles Munroe, my favourite author ––Yvonne Ebbi
Yvonne Ebbi is the Senior Consultant at The Etiquette Place. She is a celebrated speaker… ...Agbani Darego for Port Harcourt International Fashion Week
All is set for this year’s edition of Port Harcourt International Fashion Week themed Native… ...No woman can come between my wife and I –Victor Ibe, filmmaker
Popular film maker, Victor Ibe aka Dr. Paul, CEO of Naidoh Film Production is poised… ...Maheeda VS Afrocandy: Who is Nigeria’s Queen of Porn?
Once upon a time, nude pictures of Nigerian celebrities were difficult to come by but… ...I don’t believe in love–Ronnie
Baby Je Dundun singer, Olaronke Thaddeus aka Ronnie is the new kid on the block… ...I eat hot plate of ‘eba’ before performing –Esther Igbekele
Top gospel singer, Esther Igbekele aka Duchess of Gospel Music is a multi-talented singer with… ...Waje lights up Port Harcourt
Female vocal powerhouse, Waje, alongside Magnito and comedian, Gordons, lit Garden City, Port Harcourt, Rivers… ...My most terrifying moment –Edi Lawani
Events manager cum showbiz promoter, Edi Lawani, has shared his most terrifying experience with TS Weekend. In an exclusive chat at his office located in highbrow Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos, ...
- Europe’s technology heavyweight sets up Nigerian subsidiary - With the launch of Asseco Nigeria, a subsidiary of the Asseco Group, a leading software company in Central and Eastern Europe and the sixth largest technology company in Europe, the Nigerian technology industry is expected to get a further boost. Simon Melchior, chief executive, Asseco Nigeria, who doubles as its West African representative, said at
- CAMAC secures $100m from Zenith Bank to spur further expansion - CAMAC Petroleum Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the United States-based CAMAC Energy Inc., has entered into a credit facility with Zenith Bank plc for a five-year senior secured term loan providing initial borrowing capacity of up to $100 million. Proceeds from the term loan facility will be used for further expansion and development of Oil
- Investors bullish on Guinness as shares rally despite lower bottomline - Share price of Nigeria’s second largest brewer traced an upward trajectory despite eroding bottomline to underscore investors’ confidence in the 64-year-old brewer, revered for the signature brand Guinness Stout. On a day the local unit of London-based Diageo announced missing profit expectations with net income falling to N9.57 billion ($48.3m) in the nine months through
- Top PR agencies line up for multimillion naira Coke account - Not less than four agencies are in strong contention for the multimillion naira Coca Cola Nigeria PR account. The multinational company may reveal the winner of the account this week as each of the agencies is optimistic to have the account on their bouquet. The pitch for the account was conducted recently with Coke looking
- NESG, UNGC in move to promote sustainable business environment - The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG) and the United Nation Global Compact (UNGC) are poised to launch the Business for Peace (B4P) initiative in Nigeria to expand and deepen private sector action in support of peace in the workplace, marketplace and local communities. B4P, which is a business leadership platform launched by UN secretary-general Ban
- Professional excellence earns AM Facilities European CEO’s recognition - Professional excellence in service delivery has earned Alpha Mead Facilities and Management Services Limited (AM Facilities), a recognition and award as the Best Facilities Management Company in 2014. The recognition, which was given by the European CEO, is a leading subscription-based print and online publication delivered quarterly to c-suite executives in 28 countries throughout Europe,
- ‘Heirs Holdings has ambition to generate quarter of Nigeria’s power needs in five years’ - Well-known global business leader and chairman of Heirs Holdings, Tony Elumelu, says the group “has the ambition to generate at least a quarter of Nigeria’s power consumption needs in the next five years.” Heirs Holdings’ interests in the power sector include Transcorp Ughelli Power, a gas-fired, thermal power generating plant that was acquired under the
- Portland Paints deepens customer relationship, opens paint solution centre - Following increasing customers’ quest for unique colours for architectural perfection, Portland Paints and Products Nigeria plc, a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria plc, has opened its Sandtex Paints experience centre (SPEC) on Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos. The paint solution centre equipped with adequate technology would provide a broader range of colours to customers for both commercial
- Flour Mills treats shareholders to increased dividend - Leading food and agro-allied company Flour Mills of Nigeria plc has declared a dividend of N2.10 for every ordinary share of 50 kobo as against N2 last year, representing a 5 percent increase in dividend. With the current ownership structure of 55.73 percent overseas shareholders and 44.27 percent Nigerian and institutional investors, there is a
- NIGCOMSAT hands over DTH platform to PPTV - The management of Nigerian Communications Satellite (NIGCOMSAT Limited) has formalised the lease of the Direct-To-Home (DTH) facility to an indigenous investor Platinum Plus Television Limited (PPTV). The deal was consummated at a handing over ceremony performed by the Acting Managing Director, Abimbola Alale and PPTV Chairman, Dumebi Kachikwu. The boards of both organisations had series
- Why coaches fear Mikel – Siasia Former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia has warned that anyone who wishes to talk to Mikel Obi to raise his game, should equally be ready to take a slagging from the Chelsea star. [September 16, 2014]
- No Nigerian good to coach Eagles – Babayaro Ex-international Emmanuel Babayaro has declared that no Nigerian coach is good enough to handle the Super Eagles. [September 16, 2014]
- Iheanacho good for Eagles – Ugbade As the call for the graduation of Kelechi Iheanacho to the Super Eagles intensifies, former Nigeria international Nduka Ugbade says the Manchester City youngster is ready for the senior side if needed. [September 16, 2014]
- Uwua jets out to Germany for course Former Super Eagles assistant coach, Godwin Koko Uwua, last night left for Cologne, Germany for a three week coaching course. [September 16, 2014]
- Coaches murn Ntiero The umbrella body of coaches in Nigeria, Nigeria Coaches Association (NCA), has lamented the sudden death of former coach of the Super Falcons, Effiong Ntiero. [September 15, 2014]
- Emenike’s goal drought continues Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike’s goal drought has now extended to three games after the AFCON 2013 top scorer drew blank in Fenerbache’s 0-0 draw with Trabzonspor. [September 15, 2014]
- Ronaldo could re-join United, says Calderon Cristiano Ronaldo has become increasingly frustrated with life at Real Madrid, and could be interested in a sensational move back to Manchester United, according to the European champions’ former president Ramon Calderon. [September 15, 2014]
- Ideye: Coach demands patience West Bromwich Albion fans have been told to exercise patience with club record summer signing Brown Ideye after the club suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to Everton on Saturday. [September 15, 2014]
- Wheelchair basketball athletes happy with participation in Ghana tourney The players who represented Nigeria at a recent two-day wheelchair basketball tournament in Ghana on Monday expressed happiness with their participation, saying it afforded more exposure. [September 15, 2014]
- Abia Warriors pays players N150,000 minimum salary Ladan Bosso, the Technical Director of Abia Warriors FC on Monday said the club had adopted the new salary scale stipulated by the League Management Company (LMC). [September 15, 2014]
- Lagos State Baseball Association promises to grab all slots in MLB tryout The Lagos State Baseball and Softball Association (LSBSA) on Monday expressed the confidence that its players would grab all available slots at the forthcoming Major League Baseball tryout in Lagos. [September 15, 2014]
- UCL Preview: Arsenal to repeat Dortmund trick, Monaco hope Arsenal will be looking to win in Dortmund for the second season running, while the opening night of the Champions League group stage also sees Liverpool’s return and last season’s runners-up Atletico Madrid in action. [September 15, 2014]
- Nigeria shelve Keshi contract talks – officials Stephen Keshi’s future as Nigeria coach hangs in the balance with a decision on whether he stays on only likely to come in the days before the team’s next crunch game [September 15, 2014]
- Van Gaal wants more from match-winner Di Maria Manager Louis van Gaal urged Angel di Maria to give even more after he inspired Manchester United to a 4-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers on his home debut. [September 15, 2014]
- UCL Preview: Real Madrid aim to defend title, Liverpool return Arsenal will be looking to win in Dortmund for the second season running, while the opening night of the Champions League group stage also sees Liverpool’s return and last season’s runners-up Atletico Madrid in action. [September 15, 2014]
- Moyes’s tactics were embarrassing, amateurish—Ferdinand Rio Ferdinand has revealed what he believes were a series of mistakes David Moyes made during his unsuccessful stint as manager of Manchester United — including the banning of chips the night before matches [September 15, 2014]
- Keshi may sign contract before Sudan clash – NFF As part of efforts to ensure that the Super Eagles come out victorious in their next two matches in the on-going 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Sudan, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has said that it is making arrangements to see that Coach Stephen Keshi signs his contract before the tie coming up in October. [September 15, 2014]
- Obafemi offers to help Keshi’s Eagles With Super Eagles strikers struggling to find their range in front of goal for Nigeria in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying race, Seattle Sounders striker Obafemi Martins has said he hopes his form in Major League Soccer (MLS) will earn him a Nigeria recall. [September 15, 2014]
- FIFA to support West Africa Ebola-hit countries President of the International Federation of Football Associations (FIFA), Sepp Blater, on Saturday said the organization would give full support to three West African countries heavily hit by the Ebola Virus Disease. [September 14, 2014]
- Gabon shock Eaglets 2-1 Golden Eaglets, were beaten 2-1 by Gabon Sunday in their final round first leg 2015 African U-17 qualifier at the Stade Augustin Monedan de Sibang in Libreville. [September 14, 2014]
- NFF will decide Keshi’s fate — Sports Minister Following public outcry about coach Stephen Keshi’s handling of the two African Nations Cup qualifiers, Sports Minister Tammy Danagogo has left the Nigeria Football Federation to decide who will handle the Super Eagles for their remaining matches. [September 14, 2014]
- Eagles lack fitness and finesse — Owolabi Former Nigerian international, Felix Owolabi MON has harped on the need for a physical trainer to be appointed for the Super Eagles to improve their readiness in the remaining games of the African Cup of Nations qualifying series, saying both games played so far against Congo and South Africa were disappointing. [September 14, 2014]
- Diack says ‘goodbye’ to athletics IAAF President Lamine Diack who opened the Continental Cup in Marrakech, Morocco yesterday said that the event will be his last as he prepares to step down next summer. [September 14, 2014]
- NFF crisis reason for Eagles failings, says Dimeji Lawal Ex- international Dimeji Lawal has put the blame of the Super Eagles’ low performance in the African Cup of Nations qualifiers squarely on in-fighting in the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, saying that is expected of a house in disarray and without a head. [September 13, 2014]
- Eaglets set to battle Ebola frightened Gabonese Nigeria’s under-17 team,the Golden Eaglets landed in Libreville, Saturday for the African Under- 17 championship qualifier and are ready to punish their Gabonese opponents who subjected them to a harrowing travel ordeal, because of concerns for the Ebola virus running riot in West Africa. [September 13, 2014]
- Costa sends Chelsea clear, City thwart Arsenal Diego Costa plundered a hat-trick as Chelsea moved three points clear at the Premier League summit by coming from behind to beat Swansea City 4-2 on Saturday. [September 13, 2014]
- Chelsea 4-2 Swansea City: Costa scores hat-trick Diego Costa hit a superb hat-trick as Chelsea came from behind to beat Swansea City 4-2 at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon. [September 13, 2014]
- Arsenal denied by late Demichelis header Martin Demichelis’ late header saved Manchester City from a second successive defeat as the Premier League champions rescued a thrilling 2-2 draw against Arsenal on Saturday. [September 13, 2014]
- Eagles have lost their chance — Mashaba Bafana Bafana coach, Ephraim ‘Shakes” Mashaba has taunted that Super Eagle have spurned their opportunity to secure an automatic qualification ticket to next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco. [September 13, 2014]
- Stoke vs Leicester:Moses eyes win Victor Moses has said he looks forward to Stoke City beating Leicester City on Saturday to sustain the momentum after a big win at Manchester City. [September 13, 2014]
- Eagles: Uduaghan calls for reflection Thursday was a sports day in Asaba The Director General of the National Sports Commission (NSC), Gbenga Elegbeleye was there to extol the virtues of sports development and to thumb up for Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan for his huge investment in sports that he said has made Delta the number one state in sports. The commissioning [September 13, 2014]
- NFF protest over Eaglet’s refusal into Libreville The Nigeria Football Federation has sent a strong letter of protest to the Confederation of African Football over Friday’s unsavoury incident in Lome, which saw Gabonese authorities disembark members of the U-17 National Team delegation from a Gabon –bound ASKY Airline flight. [September 13, 2014]