- Nigeria records N19.33trn e-payment transactions in Q3
- Yuletide: Gov Ugwuanyi offers free transport for Enugu indigenes
- PDP convention: Group faults outcome, demands authentic results
- University workers protest in Ondo over unpaid allowance
- FG pays N420m to 34,000 destitutes in Jigawa
- Lagos has enjoyed religious harmony so far ―Ambode
- Herdsmen arrested for attempted murder, unlawful possession of firearms in Ogun
- UN set to assist 130,000 women and adolescent girls in reproductive health
- NSITF pensioners cry out over nonpayment of over 3 years arrears
- PDP now a regional party, its future in doubt ―Group
- Any solution to Nigeria’s perpetual fuel crisis?
- We supply electricity to Nigerians at our detriment —Discos
- $3bn Eurobond success shows foreign investors’ appetite for Nigerian instruments —Oniha
- Rising unemployment: Combatting the hydra headed monster
- Glo promos: Increasing customer satisfaction with customer appreciation
- 2018 budget: Counting on luck to stimulate growth
- Economist compares purchasing power of Naira to Ghanaian Cedi’
- Emefiele: Mission to save Naira
- BDC’s: Entrenching transparency, forex stability through BVN validation
- Non-availability of data has made governance difficult in this part of the globe —Chams boss
- Wizkid wins ‘Young Person of the Year’ Future Awards Africa 2017
- Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, others set for ‘Wiz on the beach’
- Miss Nigeria advises children to cultivate proper waste disposal habits
- Olamide, Humblesmith, Lil Kesh, others headlight Lagos Street Carnival
- D’banj signs mega deal with Dugout UK
- MultiChoice extends Call Centre service hours for Festive Season
- Mafikizolo, Davido, Timaya, others to grace 2017 Calabar Carnival
- Folorunso Alakija’s new interest
- All set for Aristocrat clothing launch
- Humblesmith takes fans on a Journey with ‘Abakaliki 2 Lasgidi’
- Dexa Medica distributes immune booster drug to Ikorodu residents
- Ondo remains the best in maternal health service ―World Bank.
- GAVI announces $85m funding to fight typhoid fever
- Gambling similar to substance abuse in adolescents –Experts
- ‘FG should implement national drug distribution guidelines to tackle drug abuse’
- Oyo inaugurates 14-member primary health care board
- Panic in Ogun schools over deworm exercise
- FG inaugurates N28bn special health intervention project for 2018
- Ugandan gov’t appeals to nurses, midwives to call off planned strike
- Medical profession is not a money-making venture but selfless service to humanity ―Sanusi
- Electoral Body Sets Run-Off Date for Presidential Election [Daily Trust] Liberia will hold a delayed presidential run-off vote on Dec. 26, the electoral commission chief said on Tuesday.
- Airline Begins All-Female Crew Flight to Nigeria [Ethiopian Herald] Ethiopian Airlines has announced its first all-female crew flight to Nigeria.
- UN Raises Alarm Over 350 Million Illegal Weapons in Nigeria [Leadership] Abuja -The United Nations (UN) has raised the alarm over proliferation of illicit small arms and light weapons (SALW) in Nigeria, saying there are no less than over 350 million in circulation in the country.
- Rallies For, Against Police Anti-Robbery Unit Rock Cities [Vanguard] THOUSANDS of Nigerians in different parts of the country yesterday took to major streets to protest for and against calls to scrap the Special Anti-Robbery Squad , SARs, in Nigerian Police.
- Court Sends Senate Boss Back to Code of Conduct Tribunal [Premium Times] The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has reacted to the decision of the Appeal Court sending him back to the Code of Conduct Tribunal to answer to three charges on false asset declarations.
- FIFA Sanctions Nigeria Over Use of Ineligible Player [This Day] The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has been sanctioned for fielding an ineligible player in the match between Algeria and Nigeria on November 10, 2017. In addition, Nigeria is to pay a fine of 6,000 Swiss Francs (about N2.2million)
- Fuel Scarcity - Motorists Spend Night At Jos Filling Stations [Premium Times] Many motorists spent the night at filling stations in Jos queuing for petrol as the fuel scarcity bites harder in the Plateau State capital.
- 2020 Could See 1 Million Women Uber Drivers Worldwide [Vanguard] The next time you call an Uber ride, don't be surprised to see a woman at the wheel.
- Buhari Can Stop Recurrent Fuel Crisis - Anenih [Vanguard] Abuja -Former Chairman, Board of Trustees of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Tony Anenih, said yesterday that President Muhammadu Bubari has the capacity to put an end to the recurrent fuel crisis in the country, which always rears its head during Christmas period and other major festivities.
- 'We've Recovered Over U.S.$5 Million Stolen Funds in Rivers' [Vanguard] Port Harcourt -The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Port Harcourt Zonal office, yesterday, disclosed that it has recovered over N2 billion stolen funds within 2017 in Rivers State.
- Relief As Doctors Rescue Nigerian Women From VVF Nightmare [Vanguard] Is childbearing a curse or blessing to womanhood? This nagging question kept reechoing as reporters watched surgeons at work in the operating theatre of the Usmanu Danfodiyo Teaching Hospital, Sokoto.
- FIFA - Amaju Pinnick Apologises for Super Eagles Player Error [Nigeria Football Federation] Good morning. I'll start by tendering my wholehearted apology to Nigeria and Nigerians for the Shehu Abdullahi error. It is unforgivable and could have undone months of hard work. As head of the Federation, I take responsibility for this. It happened on my watch.
- Moody's Assigns 'Excellent' Green Bond Assessment to Nigeria's Green Notes [Moody's] Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has assigned a Green Bond Assessment of GB1 (Excellent) to the Government of Nigeria's senior unsecured green notes. The Series 1 green bond issuance is expected to launch during the week commencing 18 December 2017 for the amount of NGN10.69 billion, with precise coupons and maturities to be determined at the time of closing. The green notes will represent the Nigerian government's debut offering under its NGN150 billion green bond program and is expected to be listed
- Reps Hold Public Hearing On NGO Bill [Premium Times] The House of Representatives committee on Non-Governmental Organisations and International Development Partners will today hold a public hearing on the controversial NGO bill.
- Again, Magu's House Stormed By Gunmen, Kill Policeman [Premium Times] Armed persons on Tuesday night attacked an unoccupied residence of the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu.
- Apo District Residents Petition CJN Over IG's Illegal Seizure of Property [This Day] Residents of an Abuja community have petitioned the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, over the role and conduct of the Inspector General of Police (IG, Ibrahim Idris, in flouting a valid judgment of the Court of Appeal over the illegal seizure of their properties at XK Layout, Apo District of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- Petroleum Varsity Plans to Mass Produce Lightweight Automobile Engines [This Day] Warri -The management of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) has expressed its readiness to go into the mass production of affordable four wheel lightweight engine automobiles that would displace the three-wheel commercial mobilets, popularly known as Keke-NAPEP from the Nigerian market.
- Govt Signs Joint Declaration On Economic Cooperation With EFTA [This Day] The federal government has signed a joint declaration on Economic Cooperation with the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on the sidelines of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) 11th Ministerial Conference.
- Court of Appeal Dismisses 15 Government Charges Against Saraki [Guardian] Abuja -The Court of Appeal, Abuja Division, has dismissed 15 out of 18 false assets declaration charges against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, by the Federal Government.But the court asked the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) to conduct a retrial of Saraki on the remaining three charges.
- Kano Seeks Partnership to Revive Cotton Industry [Guardian] The Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje, has expressed the willingness of the state to embrace public-private partnership (PPP) in efforts to revive the ailing cotton industry.
- Nigerians Buy 1.6 Million Devices in Nine Months - Report [Guardian] Market research expert, GfK, has said about 1.6 million devices were sold between Q1 to Q3 2017, compared to 972,000 devices in the same period last year.
- The Rural Road to Economic Development [Guardian] Reducing the distance between people, markets, services and knowledge - or simply 'getting people connected' - is a great part of what economic growth is all about.Although virtual connectivity has become increasingly important today with the emergence of new communication avenues, a good and reliable transport network remains vital. There is a very strong positive correlation between a country's economic development and the quality of its road network. The Rauf Aregbesola administration has nevertheless m
- Ethiopian Operates All Female Flight to Nigeria [Daily Trust] Lagos -The first all Women Flight in Africa is expected in Nigeria on Saturday. The flight would be operated by Ethiopian Airlines.
- World Cup - Eagles to Play Egypt, Two Others in Friendlies - NFF [Daily Trust] As part of preparations for next year's World Cup in Russia, the Super Eagles of Nigeria will play friendly matches with three countries between January and May next year, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has said.
- Fuel Consumers Flay NNPC As Queues Persist in Abuja [Guardian] Abuja -While fuel scarcity seems to have eased in some cities across the country, fuel consumers in Abuja have decried the persistent long queues in the Federal Capital Territory, accusing the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) of irrational distribution of products.
- Mixed Reactions Trail Appeal Court's Ruling Stopping EFCC From Prosecuting Judges [Guardian] Mixed reactions have trailed the Court of Appeal's ruling stopping the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) from prosecuting serving judges.
- Senate - Scarcity of Funds Threatening Interventions in North East [This Day] Abuja -The Senate Committee on Special Duties has warned that the interventions for persons affected by the activities of Boko Haram, are being threatened by paucity of funds, being experienced by the committee.
- Without Amending Nesrea's Law, Green Economy Not Achievable, Says National Assembly [This Day] Abuja -The National Assembly on Tuesday said achieving a green economy would be difficult if the law setting up the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA) is not amended.
- Increasing Awareness On Govt Savings Bonds [This Day] Goddy Egene writes on the renewed efforts by the Debt Management Office to create more awareness on the Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bonds and grow patronage by retail investors
- Saraki - North Has Been Undeservedly Bashed Over Restructuring [This Day] Abuja -The President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki on Tuesday said the North has unfairly been at the receiving end of vitriol and bashes amidst the call for restructuring in Nigeria.
- Kenya: Nairobi County partners Cisco for deployment of Digital Business Roadmap Nairobi City County has announced the launch of its Digital Business Roadmap in partnership with Cisco for digital transformation of service delivery. The initiative aims to drive better citizen experiences when engaging the county, better the County’s workforce environment and technology experience, drive operational efficiency in transport, Health,...
- Gemalto’s platform offers digital payment solutions Gemalto has announced that its Trusted Service Hub (TSH) can now offer a single gateway enabling issuers to connect to the Mastercard and Visa tokenization services. According to the company, this will simplify the way financial institutions can launch mobile...
- Huawei, Xpress Money partner to grow African mobile money footprint On 13 December 2017, ICT solutions provider, Huawei, announced a partnership with Xpress Money, a money transfer brands, to drive mobile money services to more of the worlds unbanked, with a focus placed on the African market. The partnership will give the...
- Microsoft launches Kaizala mobile app in Kenya Microsoft has launched Kaizala in Kenya, a mobile app designed for large group communication, work management, reporting and analytics integrated with Office 365. The app allows businesses to connect with large groups of people across their entire value...
- 7 business and tech trends to expect in 2018 On 13 December 2017, Accenture released its Fjord Trends 2018, an annual report analysing the pressing forces acting internally and externally on organisations and society. Its 11th annual report examines seven emergent trends expected to impact business,...
- Safaricom expands 4G coverage across Kenya Kenya’s mobile network operator, Safaricom has announced that 4G network will now be available across all 47 counties. According to the company, there are now one million customers enjoying 4G in Kenya. Safaricom said the milestone was achieved on the...
- Raja Moudgil named new Country Manager of Phillips Lighting On Tuesday 12 December 2017, Philips Lighting Southern Africa announced the appointment of Raja Moudgil as the new Country Manager Southern Africa. Raja Moudgil has been promoted to the position, after much success in his previous role as National Sales...
- PayU launches new service to advance Nigeria’s cashless economy On 12 December 2017, online payment solution platform, PayU announced the launch of a new service called PayU Receive. The new product, according to the company, will allow businesses in Nigeria to securely request and receive payments directly from their...
- South Africa: AWS Direct Connect now available through Teraco data centers On Wednesday 13 December 2017, Teraco, a vendor-neutral colocation data centre in South Africa, announced the availability of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect through Teraco’s Johannesburg JB1 and Cape Town CT1 data centres. This will enable...
- SqwidNET returns as Diamond Sponsor of IoT Forum Africa SqwidNET is returning to IoT Forum Africa 2018 as Diamond Sponsor. The long term partnership signifies SqwidNET’s dedication to facilitating the growth of IoT in Africa. The theme for next year’s conference and exhibition is powering a new era...
- Retailers warned to keep e-commerce platforms up-to-date this festive season A study conducted by Kaspersky Lab has revealed that over 77 percent of companies globally have suffered from some kind of attack during the last 12 months. The Kaspersky Lab IT Security Economics Report shows that over the past year there has been an...
- TransUnion introduces Mobile Score Card in Kenya TransUnion has introduced the TransUnion Mobile Score Card in Kenya. The Mobile Score Card will provide lenders with a risk view of their mobile loans. With the Score Card, TransUnion Kenya aims to help more Kenyans to become active in the economy and its...
- How to secure your cryptocurrency As Cryptocurrencies continue to gain popularity, recent breaches reinforce the need for vigilance and knowledge to protect online assets. In the case of cryptocurrencies, we are presented with a new set of challenges in how security, identity and access are...
- Why you shouldn’t have to monitor your employees’ content consumption Talk of monitoring and blocking employee access to certain types of Internet content might sound like draconian management measures. After all, we’re all adults in the workplace and we shouldn’t need to be told what we can and can’t look at on the...
- Stop fraudsters from controlling your online banking this festive season On Tuesday, 12 December 2017, First National Bank (FNB) came out to urge and warn consumers against falling victim to a new banking scam whereby fraudsters remotely take control of your PC over the internet and gains access to your online banking profile....
- MainOne, Tizeti and Facebook partner to improve Internet connectivity in Lagos MainOne, a connectivity and data centre solutions provider, and Tizeti, a wireless Internet solutions provider, announced on Monday, 11 December 2017 that the companies have completed a joint development project with Facebook to enable the expansion of...