- France beats Nigeria in dramatic Women's World Cup match - CNN
- France beats Nigeria in dramatic Women's World Cup match CNN
- France vs Nigeria: Les Bleues aiming to beat the Super Falcons and top the group undefeated FRANCE 24
- World Cup: France beats Nigeria after VAR penalty For The Win
- France secure Women's World Cup win over Nigeria after VAR saves the day ESPN
- Women’s World Cup: Nigeria equal unwanted record against France Goal.com
- View full coverage on Google News
- 30 dead in triple suicide bomb blasts in Nigeria - CNN
- 30 dead in triple suicide bomb blasts in Nigeria CNN
- Nigeria: 'Children used' as suicide bombers in Borno attack BBC News
- Dozens Are Killed in Triple Suicide Bombing in Nigeria The New York Times
- Triple suicide attack kills at least 30 in northeast Nigeria Reuters
- Nigeria suicide blast kills 30 at video hall in Borno BBC News
- View full coverage on Google News
- Nigeria villagers in Borno mourn the dead, lament state failures - Aljazeera.com Nigeria villagers in Borno mourn the dead, lament state failures Aljazeera.com
Two young girls among three suicide bombers who killed at least 20 in attack on a village in northeastern Nigeria.
- Suicide bombers kill at least 30 in northeastern Nigeria - The Washington Post Suicide bombers kill at least 30 in northeastern Nigeria The Washington Post
DAKAR, Senegal — Suicide bombers killed at least 30 people and injured dozens more in northeastern Nigeria late Sunday, unleashing the deadliest blasts this ...
- Nigeria’s Christian community slowly being erased as militants step up vicious killings, kidnappings - Fox News Nigeria’s Christian community slowly being erased as militants step up vicious killings, kidnappings Fox News
Rebecca Sharibu's teenaged daughter, Leah, was kidnapped by Boko Haram militants in Nigeria. Now she is turning to the U.S government in a desperate plea ...
- Bomb attack on busy market kills 30 people in north-east Nigeria - The Guardian Bomb attack on busy market kills 30 people in north-east Nigeria The Guardian
Thirty people were killed when three people blew themselves up on Sunday night in a busy market in north-east Nigeria, which has seen a recent increase in ...
- France Gets Big World Cup Assists From Video Review - The New York Times France Gets Big World Cup Assists From Video Review The New York Times
The home team, which finished round-robin play with a 3-0 record, benefited twice from the Video Assistant Referee system in a 1-0 win Monday over Nigeria.
- Monday's News Brief: World population, Desertification Day, ocean protection, Nigeria, Yemen and Gaza - UN News Monday's News Brief: World population, Desertification Day, ocean protection, Nigeria, Yemen and Gaza UN News
To start this week, we cover: food aid diversions in Yemen; 9.7 billion of people on earth by 2050; Law of the Sea Convention; World Day to Combat ...
- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: June 8–14 - Council on Foreign Relations Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: June 8–14 Council on Foreign Relations
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger from June 8 to 14, 2019.
- Nigeria suicide attack: Triple blasts kill at least 30 in Borno - Aljazeera.com Nigeria suicide attack: Triple blasts kill at least 30 in Borno Aljazeera.com
Three suicide bombers detonated explosives at Konduga village, 25km from Maiduguri, emergency services officials say.
- An attack on free speech in Nigeria - The Economist An attack on free speech in Nigeria The Economist
NIGERIA'S PRESIDENT, Muhammadu Buhari, once described press freedom as a “sound democratic ideal”. At the time he was on the presidential campaign ...
- UN Says 27,000 Killed in Northeast Nigeria Attacks Since 2009 - Bloomberg UN Says 27,000 Killed in Northeast Nigeria Attacks Since 2009 Bloomberg
More than 27000 people have been killed in attacks in northeastern Nigeria since 2009, the United Nations said.
- 30 killed in triple suicide bombing in Nigeria - New York Post 30 killed in triple suicide bombing in Nigeria New York Post
Thirty people were killed late Sunday in a triple suicide bombing in northeast Nigeria, emergency services reported, in an attack bearing the hallmarks of the ...
- Gunmen kill soldier, three others in central Nigeria: police - Business Standard Gunmen kill soldier, three others in central Nigeria: police Business Standard
Read more about Gunmen kill soldier, three others in central Nigeria: police on Business-standard. Gunmen killed a soldier and three other people in an attack ...
- Nigeria 0-1 France, South Korea 1-2 Norway: Women's World Cup – as it happened - The Guardian Nigeria 0-1 France, South Korea 1-2 Norway: Women's World Cup – as it happened The Guardian
Wendie Renard's penalty, awarded via VAR and then retaken after VAR wiped out her miss, gave France a 100% record while two more spot-kicks guided ...
- 20 years of democracy: Has Nigeria changed for the better? - Al Jazeera English 20 years of democracy: Has Nigeria changed for the better? Al Jazeera English
Two decades after the West African country's army handed power to a civilian leader, many question if life has improved.
- Nigeria's bankers unite in support of Nigeria's most vulnerable in a visit to IDP camps in Maiduguri - Nigeria - ReliefWeb Nigeria's bankers unite in support of Nigeria's most vulnerable in a visit to IDP camps in Maiduguri - Nigeria ReliefWeb
Maiduguri, 18 June 2019 – Some of Nigeria's leading bank executives came together to show solidary with their fellow Nigerians affected by the ongoing crisis ...
- Nigeria’s optimism pushes it deeper into debt - The Africa Report Nigeria’s optimism pushes it deeper into debt The Africa Report
As Nigeria's debt profile increases, concerns are rising that the central bank is lending more to the government than the country can afford. In January this year, ...
- Nigeria probing how gorilla swallowed over $19000 zoo funds - Africanews English Nigeria probing how gorilla swallowed over $19000 zoo funds Africanews English
A gorilla in a public zoo is at the center of a financial probe in Nigeria after officials of the Kano Zoological gardens said the anthropoid ape of swallowing funds.
- Nigeria has no plans to go to eurobond market this year - Reuters Africa Nigeria has no plans to go to eurobond market this year Reuters Africa
Nigeria has no plans to return to the eurobond market this year, after a sixth outing in November raised $2.86 billion, the head of the debt office said on Tuesday.
- Nigeria Upsets South Korea for Rare World Cup Win - The New York Times Nigeria Upsets South Korea for Rare World Cup Win The New York Times
GRENOBLE, France — Nigeria took their chances against the run of play on Wednesday to beat South Korea, 2-0, for rare success at the Women's World Cup, ...
- Global Christian persecution is worsening while American churches slumber - USA TODAY Global Christian persecution is worsening while American churches slumber USA TODAY
The American church is feeding itself to death as the worldwide church is being murdered.
- Nigerian women's team hoping for World Cup revenge against France - FRANCE 24 Nigerian women's team hoping for World Cup revenge against France FRANCE 24
The Nigerian women's football team are training hard in preparation for their match against the French hosts on June 17 – hoping that they won't undergo a ...
- Harvey Gulf books long-term PSV charters in Nigeria - Marine Log Harvey Gulf books long-term PSV charters in Nigeria Marine Log
Harvey Gulf International Marine reports that it has signed two, one-year charters in Nigeria for the placement of two U.S. flag, 3,250 dwt DPS-2 Platform Supply ...
- EU Observers Say Nigeria 2019 Elections Weren't Transparent - Bloomberg EU Observers Say Nigeria 2019 Elections Weren't Transparent Bloomberg
Nigeria's 2019 general elections won by President Muhammadu Buhari and his All Progressives Congress weren't transparent and were marred by violence ...
- Nigeria celebrates its democracy but millions remain in poverty - Aljazeera.com Nigeria celebrates its democracy but millions remain in poverty Aljazeera.com
On Monday, Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari officially made June 12 a public holiday. The day celebrates 20 years of democracy in a country that was ...
- Nigerian President Buhari sworn in for second term, facing key security challenges - CNN Nigerian President Buhari sworn in for second term, facing key security challenges CNN
Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari took the reins of leadership for another term on Wednesday, against a tense backdrop of ...
- Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr cools title talk - BBC Sport Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr cools title talk BBC Sport
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr downplays his team's chances of winning a fourth title at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt which kicks off on Friday.
- The Nigerian refugee who saved her daughters from FGM - Al Jazeera English The Nigerian refugee who saved her daughters from FGM Al Jazeera English
Odachi* secretly saved money for her daughters' UK flights to save them from FGM, but had to leave her son behind.
- UN humanitarian chief deplores deadly bombings in Nigeria - Yahoo News UN humanitarian chief deplores deadly bombings in Nigeria Yahoo News
The UN Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria has condemned the multiplesuicide bombings in the volatile northeast that killed 30 people, including a community ...
- Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria will hope John Obi Mikel makes impact on return to Egypt - The National Africa Cup of Nations: Nigeria will hope John Obi Mikel makes impact on return to Egypt The National
Midfielder is back where he made a memorable tournament debut in 2006 - this time as leader of team eager to improve poor continental record.
- UN slams use of children as 'human bombs' in Nigeria - Anadolu Agency UN slams use of children as 'human bombs' in Nigeria Anadolu Agency
LAGOS, Nigeria. The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) on Monday condemned the use of children as suicide bombers by Boko Haram terrorists in ...
- World Cup 2019: Nigeria on 'changing mentality' of women's football in Africa - BBC Sport World Cup 2019: Nigeria on 'changing mentality' of women's football in Africa BBC Sport
Nigeria players Francisca Ordega and Asisat Oshoala on their personal struggles, inspirations and responsibilities going into this summer's World Cup.
- Assessing Nigeria's key credit challenges - CNBCAfrica.com Assessing Nigeria's key credit challenges CNBCAfrica.com
Moody's Investors *Service* says the 5.4 per cent quarter-on-quarter decline in Nigeria's gross federally collected revenues underscores the challenges the ...
- GitHub CEO Nat Friedman says Nigeria has one of the fastest growing developer communities - Business Insider GitHub CEO Nat Friedman says Nigeria has one of the fastest growing developer communities Business Insider
GitHub plans to double down on Nigeria's education programs to better accommodate the peculiar challenges developers face in the country.
- Fast and furious: Nigeria's motorcycle taxis - Aljazeera.com Fast and furious: Nigeria's motorcycle taxis Aljazeera.com
Some consider motorcycle taxis dangerous, but venture capitalists are investing millions in these ride-hailing startups.
- Nigeria Plans to Invest $500 Million to Boost Palm Oil Production - Bloomberg Nigeria Plans to Invest $500 Million to Boost Palm Oil Production Bloomberg
Nigeria plans to increase its palm oil production 700% over the next eight years to help improve its foreign-exchange earnings that are largely dependent on ...
- UNOWAS magazine N8 - June 2019 - Nigeria - ReliefWeb UNOWAS magazine N8 - June 2019 - Nigeria ReliefWeb
English News and Press Release on Nigeria and 9 other countries about Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding, Protection and Human Rights and Women; ...
- Nigeria’s Oil Thieves Roar Back as Militants Kept in Check - Bloomberg Nigeria’s Oil Thieves Roar Back as Militants Kept in Check Bloomberg
Just as Nigeria gets to grips with militants who brought the nation's oil industry to its knees a few years ago, another group of longstanding foes are slowly ...
- Plastic bottles are paying for school in Lagos, Nigeria - TimesLIVE Plastic bottles are paying for school in Lagos, Nigeria TimesLIVE
A school in Lagos, Nigeria, is accepting empty plastic bottles from parents in exchange for their children's school fees.
- 30 killed in Nigeria suicide bombing while watching TV match - ABC News 30 killed in Nigeria suicide bombing while watching TV match ABC News
Authorities in northeastern Nigeria say at least 30 people have been killed by a suicide bomber. Interested in Nigeria? Add Nigeria as an interest to stay up to ...
- Nigeria: Widespread Violence Ushers in President's New Term - Human Rights Watch Nigeria: Widespread Violence Ushers in President's New Term Human Rights Watch
The Nigeria elections in 2019 that brought President Muhammadu Buhari back into office for a second term were marred by political violence, some of it by ...
- Gangs kill dozens in series of attacks in northern Nigeria - Al Jazeera English Gangs kill dozens in series of attacks in northern Nigeria Al Jazeera English
The attacks, carried out overnight in Sokoto, saw the gangs ride out from forest hideouts into villages with weapons.
- Afcon: Nigeria are always favourites, says Mutiu Adepoju - Goal.com Afcon: Nigeria are always favourites, says Mutiu Adepoju Goal.com
The Nigerian legend claims Gernot Rohr's Super Eagles are among the favourites to win the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Islamic State attacks Nigeria military base in Kareto, killing commander - The Defense Post Islamic State attacks Nigeria military base in Kareto, killing commander The Defense Post
Islamic State claimed fighters from its West Africa Province affiliate attacked a military base in the northern Borno state town of Kareto.
- What I’ve Learned About Style From My Nigerian Father - Vogue.com What I’ve Learned About Style From My Nigerian Father Vogue.com
I've never thought of myself as much of a daddy's girl. Though if I look back on my first childhood memories, it's clear my father had an idea of the woman I would ...
- Nigerians describe horrors of Fulani atrocities: 'There is a genocide going on' - The Christian Post Nigerians describe horrors of Fulani atrocities: 'There is a genocide going on' The Christian Post
Nigerians from predominantly Christian tribes in Nigeria visited the United States this week to describe the atrocities they've faced at the hands of Fulani radicals ...
- Former Nigerian dictator's $267M seized from Jersey account - CNN Former Nigerian dictator's $267M seized from Jersey account CNN
Lagos (CNN) Authorities in Jersey say they have seized more than $267 million from the family and associates of late Nigerian military dictator Sani Abacha.
- Muhammadu Buhari has big ambitions for Nigerian manufacturing - The Economist Muhammadu Buhari has big ambitions for Nigerian manufacturing The Economist
SUNLIGHT POURS onto yellowing cloth in the Gaskiya textile factory in Kano, northern Nigeria's largest city, through gaping holes in its tin roof. Chickens in the ...
- Nigerians react as US Embassy denies student visa ban - The Punch Nigerians react as US Embassy denies student visa ban The Punch
Samson Folarin. A statement by the Embassy of the United States of America in Nigeria denying a report that it had stopped issuing student visa to Nigerians has ...
- Nigeria Has Become Africa's Money-Losing Machine - Forbes Nigeria Has Become Africa's Money-Losing Machine Forbes
Fire from a pipeline explosion in Nembe, Nigeria. The image serves as a partial testament to oil-and-gas-rich Nigeria's failure to improve its energy infrastructure.
- Letter from Africa: A royal feud threatens Nigeria's heritage - BBC News Letter from Africa: A royal feud threatens Nigeria's heritage BBC News
In our series of letters from African journalists, the editor-in-chief of Nigeria's Daily Trust newspaper, Mannir Dan Ali, considers why politicians have taken aim at ...
- Nigeria Quashes Talk of Change to Its Exchange-Rate Policy - Bloomberg Nigeria Quashes Talk of Change to Its Exchange-Rate Policy Bloomberg
Go inside the global economy with Stephanie Flanders in her new podcast, Stephanomics. Subscribe via Pocket Cast or iTunes. Nigeria's central bank said it ...
- Nigeria's Buhari signals four more years like the last - Reuters Nigeria's Buhari signals four more years like the last Reuters
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari promised on Wednesday to repeat in his second term successes from his first four years including an ...
- Nigerians got poorer in Muhammadu Buhari’s first term - The Economist Nigerians got poorer in Muhammadu Buhari’s first term The Economist
He will need to solve a revenue crisis in his second.
- France vs. Nigeria: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup prediction, pick, TV channel, live stream, watch online - CBS Sports France vs. Nigeria: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup prediction, pick, TV channel, live stream, watch online CBS Sports
France aims to wrap up Group A at the 2019 Women's World Cup on Monday when the hosts take on Nigeria in their third group stage match. With victories over ...
- Meet Teni, The Rule-Breaking Artist Shaking Up Nigeria’s Music Industry - Complex Meet Teni, The Rule-Breaking Artist Shaking Up Nigeria’s Music Industry Complex
Back in February, Teniola Apata brought TENI LIVE, a 20-date world tour, to the UK, selling out a string of dates and cementing her rising global status. As the ...
- Nigerian weddings: Glitz, glamour but mind the cost - BBC News Nigerian weddings: Glitz, glamour but mind the cost BBC News
Why are some couples are having multiple weddings? Leah and Echina explain why they did.
- Nigeria's Central Bank Signals Weaker Official Naira - Bloomberg Nigeria's Central Bank Signals Weaker Official Naira Bloomberg
The Central Bank of Nigeria signaled it will allow the naira to weaken past its official rate as it gradually unwinds its regime of multiple exchange rates, data on its ...
- Date My Family bachelor Okafor lights fuse on SA-Nigeria ties - SowetanLIVE Sunday World Date My Family bachelor Okafor lights fuse on SA-Nigeria ties SowetanLIVE Sunday World
Date My Family bachelor, Nigerian Arinze Okafor, ruffled feathers in the latest episode on Sunday.
- Confusion Over Nigeria's Currency Regime Exposes Its Fragility - Bloomberg Confusion Over Nigeria's Currency Regime Exposes Its Fragility Bloomberg
It took only a small change in wording on the Nigerian central bank's website this week to get some analysts speculating that the nation's multiple exchange-rate ...
- Nigeria has a 'good chance' to win AFCON 2019: Obi Mikel - Africanews English Nigeria has a 'good chance' to win AFCON 2019: Obi Mikel Africanews English
Nigeria's Nation Cup winning captain Obi Mikel said he is 'hungry' to win again, and believes the Super Eagles have a good chance of lifting the top prize in ...
- 25,794 Nigerians killed in violent crises in Buhari’s first term —Report - The Punch 25,794 Nigerians killed in violent crises in Buhari’s first term —Report The Punch
Samson Folarin No fewer than 25, 794 Nigerians may have died in violent crises in the first four years of President Muhammadu Buhari. The fig...
- Nigeria economy recovery falling short of govt projections - Quartz Nigeria economy recovery falling short of govt projections Quartz
Nigeria's economy is not matching the bold projections of its Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.
- Kidnapping for ransom is Nigeria's latest security problem - Quartz Kidnapping for ransom is Nigeria's latest security problem Quartz
Nigeria has one of the world's highest rates of kidnap-for-ransom cases.
- How plastic bottles are paying for lessons in Nigeria - BBC News How plastic bottles are paying for lessons in Nigeria BBC News
A school in Nigeria is accepting empty plastic bottles in exchange for payment of school fees.
- Nigeria’s Gokada raises $5.3M round for its motorcycle ride-hail biz - TechCrunch Nigeria’s Gokada raises $5.3M round for its motorcycle ride-hail biz TechCrunch
In many large cities across Africa, motorcycle taxis are as common as yellow cabs in New York. That includes Lagos, Nigeria, where ride-hail startup Gokada ...
- What the US could learn about vaccination from Nigeria - The Conversation - US What the US could learn about vaccination from Nigeria The Conversation - US
Nigeria's highly mobilized efforts to eliminate polio, and even tackle measles and other vaccine-preventable diseases along the way, may have lessons for the ...
- The Nigerian schoolgirls fighting against child marriage - CNN The Nigerian schoolgirls fighting against child marriage CNN
In a plush living room of a home in a wealthy suburb of Lagos, three teenagers are huddled around a computer. Kudirat Abiola, 15, Temitayo Asuni, 15 and ...
- Difficulties Continue for Nigerian Journalists Covering Government - Council on Foreign Relations Difficulties Continue for Nigerian Journalists Covering Government Council on Foreign Relations
At the end of May, new rules were introduced, to take effect on June 11, that would have severely limited the press's access to the National Assembly. According ...
- Nigeria shuts down private TV, radio stations tied to opposition - Aljazeera.com Nigeria shuts down private TV, radio stations tied to opposition Aljazeera.com
Opposition party member and business tycoon Raymond Dokpesi accuses presidency of intimidation, crackdown on his media.
- Nigeria solar power could fix costly electricity problems - Quartz Nigeria solar power could fix costly electricity problems Quartz
Lengthy power cuts are pretty much a daily experience in Nigeria. The country's epileptic power supply has been identified by businesses as the second biggest ...
- Armed with maps and music, Nigeria's slum dwellers fight evictions - Reuters Armed with maps and music, Nigeria's slum dwellers fight evictions Reuters
PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - When bulldozers entered the Nigerian slum of Njemanze and started tearing down hundreds of ...
- Airtel Nigeria files application for listing on NSE - The Punch Airtel Nigeria files application for listing on NSE The Punch
Ife Ogunfuwa with agency report. Airtel Nigeria has officially filed an application with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the listing of its shares on the ...
- Nigerian destroys seven vehicles at high commission in London - The Punch Nigerian destroys seven vehicles at high commission in London The Punch
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja. A Nigerian identified as Jeffrey Ewohime has allegedly destroyed seven cars and property at the Nigerian High Commission in ...
- 30 dead in Nigeria triple suicide bombing - eNCA 30 dead in Nigeria triple suicide bombing eNCA
Three bombers detonated their explosives outside a hall in Konduga, 38 kilometres from the Borno state capital Maiduguri.
- Nigeria's middle class keep emigrating to Canada, Australia - Quartz Nigeria's middle class keep emigrating to Canada, Australia Quartz
When Timi and Ehis got married in a small, intimate ceremony in Lagos last October, it marked the start of their new lives together—but it was not one they ...
- Two Lebanese workers kidnapped in Nigeria's Rivers state - Reuters Two Lebanese workers kidnapped in Nigeria's Rivers state Reuters
Gunmen in Nigeria's oil-rich Rivers state kidnapped two Lebanese workers helping to build a road, a police spokesman told Reuters on Sunday.
- Nigeria accused of 'scurrilous' attempt to gag press - The Guardian Nigeria accused of 'scurrilous' attempt to gag press The Guardian
Strict new conditions for covering government proceedings and the re-arrest of a prominent journalist on terrorism charges have raised concerns about ...
- New Wave of Middle-Class Emigration Deepens Nigeria's Skill Shortage - Bloomberg New Wave of Middle-Class Emigration Deepens Nigeria's Skill Shortage Bloomberg
A new wave of emigration among Nigeria's middle class is robbing the oil-rich West African nation of skills and putting local recruitment under pressure.
- Nigeria gov't angry over demonisation of its citizens in Ghana - GhanaWeb Nigeria gov't angry over demonisation of its citizens in Ghana GhanaWeb
Nigeria has raised red flag over the demonization of its citizens in Ghana by the Ghanaian media, stating such reportages have “xenophobic tendencies”.
- Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Finally Shows The World Who She Is - Deadspin Nigeria's Asisat Oshoala Finally Shows The World Who She Is Deadspin
The World Cup is a showcase—of the sport, its teams, and its individual talents. It's also a competition that crowns the best soccer nation in the world, but only a ...
- We would give preference to Nigerians applying for visas —China - The Punch We would give preference to Nigerians applying for visas —China The Punch
The government of the People's Republic of China on Monday said that it would create more opportunities for more Nigerians to visit China in the ye...
- Banditry/Insurgency: Nigeria Immigration Service To Issue Residence Permits To Foreigners - SaharaReporters.com Banditry/Insurgency: Nigeria Immigration Service To Issue Residence Permits To Foreigners SaharaReporters.com
The Nigeria Immigration *Service* (NIS) will in the next three months commence the issuance of residence permits to foreign nationals in the country.
- Norway Women 3-0 Nigeria Women - BBC Sport Norway Women 3-0 Nigeria Women BBC Sport
Norway open their 2019 Women's World Cup campaign with a comfortable win over Nigeria to go level with hosts France in Group A.
- Nigeria’s ruling APC sweeps top posts at National Assembly - The Africa Report Nigeria’s ruling APC sweeps top posts at National Assembly The Africa Report
With the passage of the new order, Nigeria's legislature will allow the executive to act more quickly, even if questions arise over its independence.
- Nigeria seeks fair share of $1.7tn global data economy - The Punch Nigeria seeks fair share of $1.7tn global data economy The Punch
Everest Amaefule, Abuja The National Information Technology Development Agency says that Nigeria can get a fair share of the global data economy v...
- Afcon debutants often struggle, but giants Nigeria are wary - SuperSport Afcon debutants often struggle, but giants Nigeria are wary SuperSport
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr is wary of 2019 Africa Cup of Nations debutants and Group B rivals Burundi and Madagascar even though most newcomers to the ...
- In Nigeria, Twitter therapists and 'tuk-tuk' counselors make up for a gap in mental health care - PRI In Nigeria, Twitter therapists and 'tuk-tuk' counselors make up for a gap in mental health care PRI
In northeastern Nigeria, the militant group Boko Haram continues to gain power and presence, plaguing residents with ongoing, unpredictable violence. As the ...
- Violent attacks in Nigeria drive thousands of refugees into Niger - UNHCR Violent attacks in Nigeria drive thousands of refugees into Niger UNHCR
Recent spike in violence in north-western parts of Nigeria has forced an estimated 20000 people to seek safety and security in Niger since April.
- Africa Cup of Nations: Iheanacho left out of Nigeria squad - BBC Sport Africa Cup of Nations: Iheanacho left out of Nigeria squad BBC Sport
Leicester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho is left out of Nigeria's final 23-man squad for this month's Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
- Islamic State West Africa claims killing and execution of 29 Nigerian soldiers - Reuters Islamic State West Africa claims killing and execution of 29 Nigerian soldiers Reuters
Islamic State's West Africa branch claimed responsibility on Wednesday for a raid in Nigeria two days earlier in which it said 20 soldiers had been killed, and ...
- Nigeria Have The Star Power To Go Down In A Blaze Of Glory - Deadspin Nigeria Have The Star Power To Go Down In A Blaze Of Glory Deadspin
The question before Nigeria heading into this World Cup is the same one they've faced going into every other World Cup: Will this be the tournament the Super ...
- Effects of corruption on Nigerian children - The Punch Effects of corruption on Nigerian children The Punch
Jide Ojo “We are guilty of many errors and many faults but our worst crime is abandoning the children, neglecting the fountain of life. Many of th...
- Nike Nigeria Soccer Jersey: The Holy Grail of World Cup Uniforms Is Restocking - GQ Nike Nigeria Soccer Jersey: The Holy Grail of World Cup Uniforms Is Restocking GQ
The World Cup kit that morphed into red-hot resale-worthy streetwear is up for grabs again.
- Nigeria Telecoms Infrastructure, Operators, Regulations Statistics and Analyses 2019 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire Nigeria Telecoms Infrastructure, Operators, Regulations Statistics and Analyses 2019 - ResearchAndMarkets.com Business Wire
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Nigeria - Telecoms Infrastructure, Operators, Regulations - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to ...
- Nigeria's 2019 elections 'fell significantly short of standards set in 2015' - IRI/NDI - Premium Times Nigeria's 2019 elections 'fell significantly short of standards set in 2015' - IRI/NDI Premium Times
Nigeria's 2019 general elections “fell significantly” short of the standards set in 2015, the joint Nigeria International Election Observation Mission of the National ...
- Nigerians trust employers in business than govt, others – Report - The Punch Nigerians trust employers in business than govt, others – Report The Punch
Ifeoluwa Ogunfuwa Nigerian workers working in government, business, media and non-governmental organisations say they trust employers in busines...
- Women's World Cup: Super Falcons plan to become a force in women's football - CNN Women's World Cup: Super Falcons plan to become a force in women's football CNN
(CNN) Rarely is there respite when trying to transform a country's sporting fortunes. For all the talent, there are the obstacles; for all the expectations, there is the ...
- Buhari’s pointless electoral win in the ill-formed organism called Nigeria - The East African Buhari’s pointless electoral win in the ill-formed organism called Nigeria The East African
On May 29, Muhammadu Buhari was sworn in for his second term as President of Nigeria. The assumption of democratic theory is that in an election, the ...
- UK Govt Warns Britons Against Travelling to 24 Nigerian States [Vanguard] The United Kingdom government, Tuesday, warned its citizens in Nigeria against visiting some states in the country over possible terror attacks.
- 2019 Elections 'Fell Significantly Short of Standards Set in 2015' - Report [Premium Times] Nigeria's 2019 general elections "fell significantly" short of the standards set in 2015, the joint Nigeria International Election Observation Mission of the National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the International Republican Institute (IRI) said in its final report on the elections.
- 'Nigeria Daily Oil Production Hits 2.3 Million Barrels Per Day' [Premium Times] The Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Maikanti Baru, says the country's daily oil production is currently 2.32million barrel per day.
- Govt Urged to Provide Tax Waivers for Start-Ups [This Day] The President, UNIC Foundation, a non-government organisation (NGO), Dr. Christopher Imumolen, has advised the federal government to provide tax waiver for start-ups to ensure survival of such forms of businesses.
- Terrorism - UK Cautions Citizens Against Travelling to 21 States [This Day] Abuja -The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) of the United Kingdom has issued a security travel alert to British citizens, cautioning them against travelling to 21 states in Nigeria.
- Oil Production Hits 2019 Budget Target of 2.3 Million Barrels Per Day - NNPC [Daily Trust] Nigeria's crude oil and condensate production has moved to 2.32 million barrels per day, the Group Managing Director of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, said on Tuesday.
- Discussions Ongoing On Resolving Feud With Emir Sanusi - Ganduje [Daily Trust] Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State yesterday said that they have started understanding each other with the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi ll.
- Extreme Poverty in Nigeria Gives Me Sleepless Nights - VP Osinbajo [Vanguard] Lagos -Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says the problem of extreme poverty in Nigeria keeps him up at night.
- Biafra Agitation, Kanu's World Tour Not Only for Biafrans - IPOB [Vanguard] The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, yesterday, said its agitation for Biafra and the impact of the tour of its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu made to America and Europe has not only rekindled the hope for liberation of Biafrans but has permeated the subconscious of every black African, who has come into contact with the message of redemption.
- Buhari Greets New National Assembly Leaders [Guardian] Abuja -President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the newly elected presiding officers of the Ninth National Assembly.
- 'APC Governors Didn't Hold FEC Make-Up Talks With Buhari' [Guardian] Abuja -The Progressive Governors Forum yesterday clarified that it never discussed the composition of the next Federal Executive Council during its closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State, House, Abuja.
- Sabotage, Others Behind Fresh Setbacks in Anti-Insurgency War, Says Buratai [Guardian] Abuja -The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has attributed the latest round of operational setbacks in the fight by the Nigerian Army against the Boko Haram sect to sabotage, low morale and lack of commitment on the part of officers.
- Don't Be Too Close to Govt, Kukah Tells Reelected CAN President [Guardian] The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Most Rev. Hassan Kukah, yesterday admonished reelected president of the Christians Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Samson Ayokunle, not to be too close to government. He urged him to speak truth to leaders without necessarily being antagonistic.
- UK Warns Against Travel to 21 States in Nigeria [Guardian] The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) of the United Kingdom has cautioned British nationals against travelling to 21 states in Nigeria.
- Nigeria Distressed Under Buhari - Secondus [Vanguard] National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Uche Secondus has said Nigeria since the assumption of office by President Muhammadu Buhari has remained distressed; assuring however that the pains would be over if the party regains victory at the election tribunal.
- Emirate Council Holds No Grudge Against Kano State Govt - Emir Sanusi [Vanguard] Kano -The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II says, Kano Emirate Council holds no grudge against the state government as being speculated.
- NDI/IRI Report Shows That 2019 Presidential Election Was Rigged - PDP [Vanguard] Abuja -The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Tuesday said the report by the National Democratic Institute, NDI, and the International Republican Institute, IRI warning of possible apathy in future elections shows that the 2019 Presidential poll was rigged in favour of President Muhammadu Buhari.
- NDI/IRI Report - 2019 Elections Did Not Meet Expectations of Nigerians [This Day] Abuja -Like the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU-EOM) that slammed the outcome of the 2019 general election, two United States Institutes that monitored the elections said the polls did not meet the expectations of Nigerians.
- Why Kano is Peaceful Despite Killings in Northern States - Ganduje [Premium Times] On his mission at the Villa
- Why Nigeria Presidents, Governors Assets Will Not Be Disclosed - CCT [Guardian] The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) has explained the reasons it will not disclose the assets declared by past and present Nigeria presidents since the return of democratic rule in 1999.
- What We Discussed With President Buhari in Abuja - APC Governors [Premium Times] On the reason for the meeting
- Buhari Signs Polytechnic Amendment Bill Into Law [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday signed into law two bills, the National Institute for Security Bill and the Federal Polytechnic Amendment Bill.
- Be Patient With Us, Lawan Tells EU Election Observers [Premium Times] The Senate President, Ahmed Lawan, on Tuesday, asked for more time to enable the lawmakers implement the recommendations made by the European Union Election Observation Mission (EUEOM).
- Presidency Reacts to IRI/NDI Report On 2019 Elections [Premium Times] The Presidency has reacted to the report by the National Democratic Institute (NDI) and the International Republican Institute (IRI), which criticised the 2019 elections has being below standard.
- Dollar Scandal - Anti-Graft Agency Didn't Probe Ganduje Because 'Wasn't Involved in Sting' [Premium Times] The head of the Kano State Public Complaint and Anti-Corruption Commission, Magaji Ramindado, has said the commission could not probe Governor Abdullahi Ganduje's alleged bribery scandal because the agency was "not carried along" in the investigation by the newspaper that reported the case.
- Tiwa Savage Sends a Warning Message to Her Debtors [Guardian] Nigerian singer, songwriter Tiwa Savage recently took to her Insta Stories to share a message for companies which are allegedly owing her millions.
- Mr Eazi Hints At Charging for Collaborations [Guardian] Nigerian music star, Oluwatosin Oluwole Ajibade better known by his stage name, Mr Eazi has hinted at charging $50,000 (N18,000,000) for collaborations.
- Strengthening the Nigeria-Nordic Relationship [This Day] The 2019 edition of Nordic Nigeria Connect themed, 'Innovating for Change' saw the coming together of five independent countries - Nigeria, Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark - for the purpose of strengthening the rapport between the Nordic countries and Nigeria. Mary Nnah and Peace Obi report
- The Task of Converting Honour to Dividends [This Day] Victor Ogunje writes that participants at a recent conclave in Ado Ekiti to celebrate June 12 came to an understanding that the Democracy Day needs to be transformed to a more beneficial rallying point for Nigerians.
- Plateau Hospital Hands Over Stolen Baby to Rightful Parents [Guardian] Jos -Management of Plateau Specialists Hospital in Jos, the state capital yesterday handed over a baby who was stolen from her mother in the hospital two weeks ago to her rightful parents with a promise to "immortalise the baby" and beef up security in the hospital to forestall a repeat of the incident.
- Google News Initiative Innovation Challenge applications now open in Africa The Google News Initiative (GNI) Innovation Challenge is now accepting application submissions from news organisations in the Middle East, Africa and Turkey. The organisations need to address increasing engagement with readers and/or exploring new business models in any form such as subscriptions, membership programs, and so on. Traditional publishers, news...
- Only 19% of South Africans fully understand cryptocurrencies, study reveals Kaspersky has released a survey that reveals just how little of the South African population fully understands the workings of cryptocurrencies, despite there being considerable interest in this fairly new technology. In the report titled ‘Uncharted...
- Jumia empowers Nigerian women through eCommerce Nigeria’s online shopping platform, Jumia, is attempting to bridge the ever-increasing unemployment gap by empowering young women. The company launched its ‘Women & Youth Empowerment’ pilot programme in Yaba, Lagos on Friday, 14th June...
- Technology is a key driver of the modern employee experience-study According to The Experience of Work: The Role of Technology in Productivity and Engagement, research conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) with sponsorship from Citrix, companies that use it to support new models for work and provide employees...
- Nokia, UNICEF to boost digital literacy in primary schools in Kenya Nokia and the Finnish National Committee for the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and UNICEF Kenya have launched a shared-value partnership during this year’s Nairobi Innovation Week, to increase equitable access to digital literacy for some of the...
- GE Healthcare advances universal health coverage in Ghana GE Healthcare hosted a two-day “Healthcare Dialogues” event in Ghana, bringing together public and private sectors’ industry stakeholders including policymakers, healthcare professionals, decision makers, academia, investors and financing...
- Saving cloud from the jaws of complexity Ten years ago, business technologies had saturated to breaking point. The potential they offered were diminished by their deployment and maintenance costs. Then virtualisation, cloud and peer technologies emerged to offer new capacities and optimisation....
- The battle for campus connectivity – what can we learn from smart cities? One of the key challenges universities face today is how to keep up with the ever-growing connectivity demands of staff and students. Students expect to receive all their data and services wirelessly, and professors and researchers expect to be able to...
- Hisense launches new products to the South African market Hisense launched a number of new products to the South African market, including two brand new smartphones, 4K 100-inch Laser TV, and an interactive screen for video conference with interactive touch screen, boasting 4K UHD resolution for vivid presentations....
- A Nokia smartphone for life The smartphone ownership paradigm is shifting from the latest specs and hardware to actual device experience over time. Enter HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones. A Finnish start-up carrying forward the Nokia brand legacy of quality and trust since 2016. HMD...
- IBM expands quantum computing to African university IBM announced the expansion of it’s quantum computing efforts to Africa in a new collaboration with the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits University) in South Africa. Wits University is the first African partner on the IBM Q Network and will be the...
- WorldRemit launches new product for business payments to South Africa Digital money transfer company WorldRemit has launched WorldRemit for Business, a new service that enables small and medium-sized business owners to pay their employees and contractors in 140 countries worldwide, including fast-growing markets such as Ghana,...
- Cisco Collaboration gives AI boost to Jabber users Kicking off day 2 on Tuesday, 11 June at Cisco Live US 2019 currently taking place in San Diego, California, the company revealed that it is unifying its portfolio in a bid to improve user collaboration. It was announced that popular application Jabber will...
- Customer success a huge focus for SAP’s Intelligent Enterprise strategy There was no wavering from the theme for Saphila 2019, during the welcome and keynote addresses – the intelligent enterprise and how to be one is the topic up for scrutiny and debate at this year’s event. Saphila 2019 is the African SAP User Group’s...
- Cisco connects harsh environments and remote locations at the IoT Edge At Cisco Live US 2019 taking place in San Diego, California, Cisco unveiled new networking technology purpose-built for challenging work environments such as chemical plants, oil refineries and mines. “By extending intent-based networking to the IoT edge,...
- 46% of South African companies piloting AI technologies, study reveals New research commissioned by Microsoft and conducted by EY shows artificial intelligence (AI) pilots and experimentation are now prolific across South African companies, with businesses showing a willingness to embrace AI and experiment using new technology....