Motorists-to-get-speed-limiting-device-–-FRSC">November 27, 2014 by Sesan Olufowobi
- IGP refuses to recognise Tambuwal as Speaker •Reps adjourns abruptly as IGP calls him just ‘Alhaji Tambuwal’
- OBJ again, attacks Jonathan •Speaks on Boko Haram, economy
- Boko Haram will overrun Nigeria except... —Buhari
- Oyo PDP congress: Alao-Akala, Teslim take battle to Abuja
- Naira devaluation: House committee faults CBN
- CBN devalues naira, raises interest rate
- Ikenne stands still for HID at 99
- My prostrate cancer story, by Soyinka
- Senators, security chiefs in 6-hr closed door meeting
- No more joint account for local/state govt —Tambuwal
- PDP ward congresses: Explosion, violence in C/River, Oyo, Lagos
- Data centre: APC blasts DSS for justifying invasion
- Jonathan, govs, others eulogise HID at 99
- Court frees suspected Nyanya bomber
- Ekiti: Omirin, other APC lawmakers yet to return
- Lagos APC office used to clone voter cards —DSS •We will sue DSS —APC
- Female suicide bombers kill at least 44 in Nigeria's northeast By Lanre Ola MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (Reuters) - Two female suicide bombers killed at least 44 people on Tuesday in Nigeria's northeastern city of Maiduguri, at the heart of a militant Islamist insurgency, medical officials said. Four witnesses told Reuters near the scene a woman had entered the roadside trading area behind the city's main market before blowing herself up. "While the people were ...
- Nigeria's naira touches record low after cenbank devalues currency LAGOS (Reuters) - Nigeria's naira touched a record low against the dollar on Wednesday, a day after the central bank devalued the currency, and it was trading lower than the bank's target band even after rebounding. Nigeria's central bank devalued the naira by 8 percent and raised interest rates sharply on Tuesday, as it sought to stem losses to its foreign reserves from defending the currency ...
- Nigeria's naira touches record low after official devaluation Nigeria's currency touched a record low against the dollar on Wednesday, a day after the central bank devalued it by 8 percent, complicating efforts to contain inflation before presidential elections early ...
- Nigeria: Boko Haram kills 20 villagers near Chibok BAUCHI, Nigeria (AP) — Suspected Boko Haram gunmen killed at least 20 people in an attack Monday on two villages on the outskirts of Chibok, the town where more than 200 schoolgirls were abducted in April, said a Nigerian civilian defense officer.
- Nigeria's Access Bank sees 'little' impact from naira devaluation JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Nigeria's Access Bank does not expect the naira's devaluation to have a significant impact on its business as most of its dollar facilities have been loaned to clients generating foreign currencies, its chief executive said on Wednesday. Nigeria's central bank devalued the naira by 8 percent and raised interest rates by 100 basis points on Tuesday, hoping to stem losses ...
- Nigeria devalues currency amid falling oil price ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — The Central Bank of Nigeria says it has devalued of the naira, setting the new official exchange rate at 168 to the dollar from its previous rate of 155.
- Nigeria seen on track for sugar self-sufficiency LONDON (Reuters) - Nigeria is on track to achieve sugar self-sufficiency in about 10 years' time, which will enable Africa’s most populous country to sharply reduce imports of predominantly Brazilian raw sugar. Latif Busari, CEO of Nigeria’s National Sugar Development Council, said that so far more than $3 billion of private investment had been lined up to develop farms across the country to ...
- 2 teen female bombers kill more than 40 in Nigeria BAUCHI, Nigeria (AP) — The teenage girls entered the busy marketplace separately Tuesday, their vests of explosives hidden beneath their full hijabs.
- Teen girl suicide bombers kill 30 in Nigeria, Boko Haram suspected Two teenage female suicide bombers blew themselves up in a busy market in Nigeria’s northeastern city of Maiduguri on Tuesday, killing at least 30 people and raising fears about growing violence in the city.
- Female suicide bombers kill at least 21 in Nigeria's northeast By Lanre Ola MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (Reuters) - Two female suicide bombers killed at least 21 people on Tuesday in a busy market area of Nigeria's northeastern city of Maiduguri, centre of a militant Islamist insurgency, emergency services said. Four witnesses told Reuters near the scene that a woman had entered the roadside trading area behind the city's main market before blowing herself up ...
- President's 'Evil' Actions Destroying Democracy - Obasanjo [Premium Times]Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has again torn at President Goodluck Jonathan, saying Nigerian democracy remained at risk due to the action of the present administration.
- Will the First Credible Opposition Party Maintain its Momentum? [Africa In Fact]Nigeria is a political paradox: a multi-party democracy that has been led by just one party since it transitioned from military rule in 1999. For 15 years, no opposition has come close to challenging the dominance of the People's Democratic Party (PDP). Not, at least, until the All Progressive Congress (APC) emerged in 2013 as the first credible opponent in the history of this country's civilian rule. Suddenly, the game seemed to have changed.
- 80 Million Women Suffer Gender Violence - U.S. Embassy [This Day]Abuja -The Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Hajiya Zainab Maina, on Tuesday called on the National Assembly to pass the Violence Against Persons Prohibition (VAPP) bill, Sexual Offences bill and other anti-discriminatory bills before the expiration of the 7th assembly.
- How the U.S. Can Help Defeat Boko Haram [Council on Foreign Relations]Opening remarks by author John Campbell at the launch of Council Special Report No. 70, U.S. Policy to Counter Nigeria's Boko Haram by the Council on Foreign Relations in Washington DC.
- U.S. Policy to Counter Nigeria's Boko Haram [Council on Foreign Relations]New York -Overview
- NSE CEO Elected President of African Securities Exchanges Association [This Day]The Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Mr. Oscar N. Onyema, has been elected President of African Securities Exchanges Association (ASEA).
- Recognition for Supporting Agriculture [This Day]For its renewed support of agriculture, Sterling Bank Plc recently received two awards, writes Goddy Egene The federal government has now realised the need to focus more attention on the agricultural sector to make it the mainstay of the economy after many years of neglect.
- Devaluation - Naira Hits N186 in Black Market [Guardian]THE exchange rate for the dollar in Abuja "black market" on Wednesday stood at between N182 and N186, an investigation by a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) correspondent found.
- N177 Billion Ogoniland Restoration Begins January 2015 [Guardian]Geneva, Switzerland -RESTORATION of the oil-devastated Ogoniland will begin in January next year, says the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke.
- Nations Unite to Tackle Violence Against Women [Guardian]TO raise awareness and trigger action to end the global scourge of violence against women and girls, Nigeria yesterday joined the rest of the world to observe the United Nation (UN) observes International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
- Regulator Rues Operators' Poor Customer Care Services [Guardian]Poor handling of customers' complaints by Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) in Nigeria including MTN, Globacom, Airtel, Etisalat and Visafone is becoming a source of worry to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
- Crisis of Poverty and Inequality in Oil Rich Nigeria [IPS]Lagos -With a production capacity of over 3 million barrels of crude oil per day Nigeria is Africa's top crude oil producer and the continent's largest economy. But Nigeria's wealth has only benefited a privileged few while majority of the citizens remain poor. Poverty and inequality in Nigeria have increased crime rate and heightened crisis including the insurgency of the terrorist group Boko Haram.
- World Bank Controls 62 Percent of Nigeria's Public External Debt [This Day]Data released by the Debt Management Office (DMO) has revealed that the World Bank Group controls a total of 62 per cent of Nigeria's public external debt at end-September this year.
- D'Banj Rubbishes Multiple Debt Allegations [Vanguard]Singer-songwriter, harmonica player, and businessman, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo (D'Banj) has rubbished the recent allegations that he is in a multiple debt.
- Fighting Boko Haram With Bows and Arrows [Deutsche Welle]While Islamist terror group Boko Haram uses automatic weapons and tanks against the population of Nigeria, civil defense groups armed with simple weapons are determined to defend their country.
- Displaced Persons Build New Town in Adamawa [This Day]Abuja -Despite the deadly attacks of Boko Haram in the North-east, its residents have refused to be cowed, as thousands of displaced persons from Gwoza have founded a new town in Adamawa State called Daware in Fofure Local Government Area.
- Emergency Extension - Military Mounts Pressure On Senate [Vanguard]ABUJA--THE Senate yesterday grilled the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Kenneth Minimah, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosun and The Director of Department of State Service, Mr. Ekpenyong Ita for eight hours over the security situation in the North.
- Health Workers Strike Again [Vanguard]JUST a couple of months after the Nigerian Medical Association, NMA, arm of the public sector health workers ended its protracted strike, the National Union of Allied Health Professionals, NUAHP, and the Joint Health Sector Unions, JOHESU, again, withdrew their services. You have a right to wonder how often they are at work in a year. The fresh strike followed even after the Federal Government approved their demand to be allowed to become consultants, just as their peers, the medical doctors.
- Kebbi Deputy Governor, 17 Others Defect to APC Today [Leadership]Kebbi State deputy governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Aliyu and 17 other members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will today dump the party for the All Progressives Congress (APC).
- Reps Scaled Fence to Save Democracy - APC [Leadership]The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that the police invasion of the National Assembly last week is the equivalent of a coup as it congratulated members who jumped the fence to save Nigeria's democracy.
- Monday Market Attack - Female Suicide Bombers Kill 45 in Maiduguri [Leadership]Two female suicide bombers yesterday caused massive explosions at a crowded market in Maiduguri killing 45 people and injuring several others, witnesses and security sources said.
- Invasion of APC Data Office - Jonathan Bent On Pushing Nigeria Towards Anarchy - -Buhari [Vanguard]LAGOS -- ALL Progressives Congress (APC) presidential aspirant, General Muhammadu Buhari has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of being determined to push Nigeria into anarchy in the shortest possible time.
- BBOG Group to Storm Chadian Embassy Over Alleged Complicity With Boko Haram [Leadership]The #BringBackOurGirls group will today storm the Chadian Embassy in Abuja to protest against the alleged supply of weapons by its government official.
- Again, Senate Fails to Approve Emergency Rule Extension [Leadership]The question of whether the Senate will approve the request of President Goodluck Jonathan to extend the state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states remained unanswered yesterday at the lawmakers failed to take a stand on the issue even after meeting with service chiefs yesterday.
- Dwindling Oil Price - CBN Devalues Naira, Raises Lending Rate [Leadership]The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has taken a holistic monetary palliative aimed at ensuring Naira exchange rate stability and forestalling the potentially dangerous impact of the falling oil prices in the international oil market on the economy.
- How I Survived Prostate Cancer - -Soyinka [Vanguard]ABEOKUTA--Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, yesterday, gave a shocking revelation of how he was diagnosed and eventually cured of deadly prostate cancer.
- Two Female Suicide Bombers Kill 67 in Borno Market [Vanguard]Maiduguri -At least 67 people were feared dead and about 98 others seriously injured yesterday when two female suicide bombers hit a popular Monday market along One-Way Road, Chalarams, Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
- How I Survived Cancer - Wole Soyinka [Premium Times]The Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka, on Tuesday disclosed that he is a cancer survivor.
- Unijos Shut As Security Operatives Shoot Eight Protesting Students [Premium Times]The University of Jos has been closed down after a protest by students over hike in fees turned bloody, with security officials called in to restore order shooting at least eight students.
- P-Square Loses Dad [Leadership]The enigmatic duo of Peter and Paul Okoye, famously known as PSquare have lost their father, barely two years after losing their mother.
- Stella Damasus Responds To Husband Snatching Allegations & Romance With Doris Simeon’s Ex
- Folly Nollywood Movie Trailer: See Joke Silva, Uche Jombo & Yvonne Nelson In Action
- Actor Kayode Odumosu Pa Kasuma Buys 3 Bedroom House In Abeokuta Ogun State
- In Pictures: Genevieve Nnaji Rocks Natural Hair In London
- Mag Divas Boutique: Mercy Aigbe Opens Clothing Shop In Omole Lagos
- Bisi Ibidapo Obe Heartbroken, Denies Boyfriend She Introduced At Shop Opening
- Ronke Ojo Oshodi Oke’s Album Party Photos: Nollywood Celebrities Storm Times Square Ikeja
- Stella Damasus To Drop ‘The Man’ Song 5 Days To Christmas
- Nollywood Actress Lizzy Anjorin Says Christians & Muslims Worship Same God, Allah
- Yoruba Movie Producers Not Yet Approved For Jonathan’s Nollywood Grant Fund – Adebayo Salami Laments
- Somebody Lied Nollywood Movie: Ruth Kadiri & Alex Ekubo On Romantic Movie Set
- Stephanie Okereke’s Brother Allegedly Raped UNILAG Student, Nollywood Actress Reacts
- Fathia Balogun, Femi Adebayo,Sanyeri, Muyiwa Ademola, Storm K1 Live Unusual Concert
- Robbery Attack At GTBank & First B In Obudu Cross River: 5 Male & 2 Female Robbers Steal Millions
- 4 Kids Kidnapped From School At Idi Omo Ibadan, Teacher, Nursing Mother Arrested
- Female Nigerian Lawyer Slapped Colleague In Lagos Court, Barrister Nina Lawani Arrested
- Photo: Nigerian Man Gets Death Sentence In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking, Abuchi Ngwoke To Be Executed
- Five Children Sold To Ritualist By Tricycle Rider In Warri Delta State, Mother Slumps, Dies
- Photo: Orphan Boy Thrown Into Imo River In Akwa Ibom Over Witchcraft Survives
- 9 DeWell & Degbam Cult Members Arrested In Okwuzi Rivers State After Bloody Clash
- Remi Jaiyesimi, Ex-Lagos State Director Found Dead In Her House, Corpse Disc. A Week After Murder
- Boko Haram: Female Suicide Bombers, Girls In Hijab Attacked Maiduguri Market
- Notorious Sunday Thief Arrested In Ejigbo Lagos Confesses “I Steal Bcos I Lost My Factory Job”
- Picture Of Kogi State University, KSU’s Agric Lecturer Kidnapped & Murdered By Hired Killers
- Video: Police Arrest Nigerian Pastor, Church Members In Thailand, Call Them Drug Dealers
- Open Letter To Robbers Who Attacked British Nigerian Woman During Vacation In Ogun State
- Obasanjo again faults Jonathan on anti-terror war FORMER President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday criticised the President Goodluck Jonathan’s [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 23:11]
- Court reserves judgment in suit to remove Muazu THE Federal High Court, Abuja Division Wednesday reserved judgment in an action initiated by an [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:22]
- Kidnapped DELSU lecturer freed A LECTURER at Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka, who was abducted 45 days ago on his way from [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 23:07]
- Gunmen kill policeman, steal rifle in Bayelsa BAYELSA State Police Command Wednesday confirmed the killing of a mobile policeman along the [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:20]
- 80m pregnancies unplanned Nigeria gets family planning blueprint STATISTICS released in Abuja yesterday has shown that [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 23:04]
- PDP screens Jonathan, Balewa THE leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Wednesday screened President Goodluck Jonathan [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:19]
- FG may review JAMB admission policy THE Federal Government may consider review of the process of admissions into tertiary institutions [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:34]
- U.S. votes $500m to fight HIV/AIDS in Nigeria AS part of United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the United States [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:17]
- Opadokun, Ubani decry high cost of party primaries AS the major political parties are planning their primaries, various stakeholders have decried the [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:32]
- FEC okays N9.3b stoves, others for national clean cooking scheme N60.8b for FCT project THE Federal Executive Council (FEC) yesterday okayed the award of [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 21:58]
- Banks can survive oil price crisis, says NDIC boss FROM the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) came optimism that Nigerian banks are capable [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:30]
- ACF urges Nigerians to defend selves against attack by Boko Haram gunmen • Laments govt’s ‘failure’ to end insurgency • Opposes extension of emergency rule IRKED by the [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 21:48]
- EU, ECOWAS launch $60m projects for West African countries THE European Union Wednesday in Abuja committed 40 million euros ($60 million) to launching two [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:24]
- Buhari denied landing permit at Makurdi airport SUPPORTERS of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Benue State were disappointed yesterday as the [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 21:44]
- Nairas devaluation remains only option, says CBN THE Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) said the devaluation of the country’s currency was the best [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 21:03]
- Sanctions on MNOs, insecurity hit mobile phone subscription •Survey shows steady growth in Airtel •75% of Nigerians use MTN as main line A SURVEY [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 21:02]
- Gas to deliver 30,000MW electricity by 2020 GAS has been identified to be the greatest source of power generation in the foreseeable future in [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 20:59]
- OECD sees gradual world recovery, urges ECB to do more THE global economy will gradually improve over the next two years but Japan will grow less than [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 20:50]
- SON, maritime operators partner to decongest ports, check influx of fake goods THE Standards Organsation of Nigeria (SON) Wednesday embarked on collaborative efforts with [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 20:58]
- LCCI, CBN, BoI, others explore non-collateralised funds for SMEs SMALL and Medium Enterprises seeking ease of financing to expand their capacities without [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 20:48]
- CBN commends Osuns policies on small businesses THE Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Godwin Emefiele, has commended the Osun State [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 17:26]
- Aganga lists benefits of compliance with IFRS THE Minister of Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga, has identified compliance with International [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 20:47]
- Council seeks master plan for Apapa port to ease traffic gridlock THE Nigerian Ports Consultative Council (NPCC) has advocated the use of a master plan with [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 17:25]
- Related party disclosures (Part 1) Purpose of related party disclosures The objective of IAS 24 is to ensure that financial statements [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 19:40]
- Microsoft Mobile to reward customers MICROSOFT Mobile Devices and Services has announced the commencement of the ‘Lumia Christmas’ [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 17:24]
- BoI, Microsoft, Leadway, banks bag 2014 SME awards THIS year’s Nigerian SME Excellence Award and Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) ended last weekend [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 17:36]
- NSC will not influence NFFs decision on Keshi, says Elegbeleye THE National Sports Commission (NSC) will not force the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to either [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:24]
- Bankers Games semi finals hold on Sunday ORGANIZERS of the Nigeria Bankers Games (NBG), MediaVision Limited, has explained that the [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:18]
- Koscielny listed against Dortmund, as Szczesny, Wilshere, Giroud ruled out ARSENE Wenger has confirmed that defender Laurent Koscielny is in the Arsenal squad for Wednesday’s [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 19:12]
- LMCs new board structure would ensure stability, neutrality in Glo Premier League THE Nigeria Football Federation’s (NFF) recent ratification of the League Management Company’s [Wednesday, 26 November 2014 22:16]
- Atletico battles Olympiacos for knockout stage DIEGO Simeone’s Atletico Madrid seeks to secure qualification for the last 16 of the Champions [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 19:10]
- Nigerias Brazil 2014 World Cup $9m ready, says Amadu THE $9 million accruing to the Super Eagles for reaching the last 16 at the Brazil 2014 World Cup [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 21:11]
- Flying Eagles camp opens with 30 players this weekend FLYING Eagles Coach, Garba Manu, has revealed that the national Under-20 team will begin camping in [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 21:09]
- NFF electoral appeals verdict out next week THE Okey Ajunwa-led Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Electoral Appeals Committee will announce its [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 21:08]
- Pele back in hospital again THE king of Brazilian football, Pelé, was diagnosed with a urinary infection after going to [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 21:07]
- Etisalat wins Corporate Soccer Cup ETISALAT has emerged champions of the second edition of the Nigeria Corporate Soccer [Tuesday, 25 November 2014 21:06]
The Lagos State Government says most of the delayed and abandoned projects in the state are results of litigations from residents. The states Governor, Babatunde Fashola, during the inauguration of the Igando Emergency Relief/Resettlement Camp in the Alimosho Local Government Area, said many Lagosians had allowed private interest to override public interest. He lamented that… [Read More…]
Motorists to get speed limiting device – FRSC The Ogun State Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Mr. Adegoke Adetunji, has said motorists in the country are expected to get a speed limiting device in their vehicles from next year. The device, which he called speed limiter, would control excessive speeding by motorists, since it would regulate the speed of each vehicle. Adetunji 2-Comments-
The-Governor-of-Lagos-State,-Mr.-Babatunde-Fashola,-has-urged-the-electorate-in-the-country-to-hold-public-office-holders-accountable-for-the-promise-they-make-during-campaigns.-Fashola,-who-spoke-at-the-inauguration-of-the-Agege-waste-transfer-loading-station-in-Oba-Ogunji-Road,-Lagos,-on-Wednesday,-said-voters-had-the-right-to-ask… [Read-More…]-APC-not-an-Islamic-party,-says-Amaechi">November 27, 2014 by Maureen Ihua-Maduenyi
The Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has urged the electorate in the country to hold public office holders accountable for the promise they make during campaigns. Fashola, who spoke at the inauguration of the Agege waste transfer loading station in Oba Ogunji Road, Lagos, on Wednesday, said voters had the right to ask… [Read More…]
APC not an Islamic party, says Amaechi The Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has dismissed claims in some quarters that the All Progressives Congress is an Islamic party. Describing those spreading the rumour that the APC is an Islamic party as mischief-makers, Amaechi insisted that the party had no intention to Islamise Nigeria should it win the 2015 presidential election. The Leave-a-Comment-
A-Lagos-State-High-Court-sitting-in-Ikeja-has-dismissed-the-nolle-prosequi-entered-by-the-Attorney-General-of-the-Federation-to-discontinue-criminal-proceedings-against-five-former-members-of-staff-of-the-Lagos-Trade-Fair-Complex-accused-of-N247m-fraud.-The-accused,-Bassey-Eyamba,-Francis-Dajilak,-Lazarus-Okocha,-Barnabas-Kolo-and-Eunice-Okafor-are… [Read-More…]-Be-creative,-JTF-boss,-FOC-tell-promoted-officers">November 27, 2014 by Ramon Oladimeji
A Lagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja has dismissed the nolle prosequi entered by the Attorney General of the Federation to discontinue criminal proceedings against five former members of staff of the Lagos Trade Fair Complex accused of N247m fraud. The accused, Bassey Eyamba, Francis Dajilak, Lazarus Okocha, Barnabas Kolo and Eunice Okafor are… [Read More…]
Be creative, JTF boss, FOC tell promoted officers The Commander, Joint Military Task Force in the Niger Delta, Maj. Gen. Emmanuel Atewe, and the Flag Officer Commanding, Central Naval Command, Rear Admiral Peter Agba, have asked junior military officers to be creative and professional. They gave the charge on Wednesday at the Headquarters, Central Naval Command, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, during the decoration of 18-Comments-
A-presidential-aspirant-on-the-platform-of-the-All-Progressives-Congress,-Maj.-Gen.-Muhammadu-Buhari-(retd.),-on-Wednesday-said-the-ruling-Peoples-Democratic-Party-would-destroy-the-country-if-it-was-not-stopped-in-the-2015-elections.-Buhari-said-this-while-addressing-party-delegates-that-would-vote-in-the-APC-presidential-primaries-slated-for-December-10… [Read-More…]-Ill-support-APC-candidate-if-I-lose-–-Atiku">November 27, 2014 by Chukwudi Akasike and Mudiaga Affe
A presidential aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Wednesday said the ruling Peoples Democratic Party would destroy the country if it was not stopped in the 2015 elections. Buhari said this while addressing party delegates that would vote in the APC presidential primaries slated for December 10… [Read More…]
Ill support APC candidate if I lose – Atiku Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, on Tuesday said he would support whoever emerged as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, if he lost the partys ticket. Atiku said this while addressing the APC Enugu State national delegates at the Nike Lake Resort Hotels in Enugu on Tuesday evening. He also said he would 1-Comment-
A-Federal-Capital-Territory-High-Court-in-Kubwa,-on-Tuesday-rejected-a-plane-letterhead-of-the-office-of-President-Goodluck-Jonathan-tendered-by-the-Federal-Government-in-the-forgery-suit-instituted-against-two-journalists-with-the-Leadership-newspaper.-The-Leadership-Group-Limited,-its-Group-News-Editor,-Mr.-Tony-Amokeodo,-and-a-senior-correspondent-with-the… [Read-More…]-FG-to-buy-N9.2bn-cooking-stoves-for-women">November 27, 2014 by Ade Adesomoju
A Federal Capital Territory High Court in Kubwa, on Tuesday rejected a plane letterhead of the office of President Goodluck Jonathan tendered by the Federal Government in the forgery suit instituted against two journalists with the Leadership newspaper. The Leadership Group Limited, its Group News Editor, Mr. Tony Amokeodo, and a senior correspondent with the… [Read More…]
FG to buy N9.2bn cooking stoves for women The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved the purchase of N9.2bn worth of cooking stoves and wonder bags for rural women under the National Clean Cooking Scheme. Wonder bag is a non-electric slow cooker invented by Sarah Collins, a South African eco-entrepreneur, who came up with the idea of surrounding the pan with cushions six 1-Comment-
The-All-Progressives-Congress-in-Oyo-State-has-accused-t-h-e-Peoples-Democratic-Party-of-masterminding-the-lingering-violence-in-the-Oke-Ado-area-of-Ibadan.-The-violence-commenced-Friday-last-week-before-spreading-to-other-parts-of-the-city.-Chairman-of-the-Oyo-State-APC,-Akin-Oke,-who-addressed-the-media-at-the… [Read-More…]-Bayelsa-speaker-in-trouble-over-anti-Jonathan-comment">November 27, 2014 by Olufemi Atoyebi
The All Progressives Congress in Oyo State has accused t h e Peoples Democratic Party of masterminding the lingering violence in the Oke Ado area of Ibadan. The violence commenced Friday last week before spreading to other parts of the city. Chairman of the Oyo State APC, Akin Oke, who addressed the media at the… [Read More…]
Bayelsa speaker in trouble over anti-Jonathan comment The Speaker, Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Mr. Kombowei Benson, has come under attacks by members of the Assembly over statement credited to the Speaker against President Goodluck Jonathan. The Bayelsa legislators were said to have been unhappy with the Speaker for making what they described as “degrading and inciting” comments against the President in
- MTN & GIBS partner for Spirit of Youth & Career Expo 2015 MTN Group has partnered with the Gordon Institute of Business Sciences (GIBS) to roll out the Spirit of Youth initiative, the institution’s leadership development programme. This is a three year partnership that will commence in 2015. The objective of the Spirit of Youth programme is to cultivate a generation of well-rounded leaders who will think ...
- Uganda: URA slams shut mobile device smuggling route The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) has not only discovered a route used by individuals who smuggle mobile devices into Uganda, but it has also impounded a number of mobile devices to the value of UGX 34 Million. According to The Monitor, the smugglers were...
- Top 3 ICT trends to watch out for in 2015 2015 is only a few weeks away and it promises to be yet another exciting and eventful year for the telecoms industry. Here are the three most expected trends that could make an impact in 2015 as predicted by David King, CEO of leading data centre and power...
- Africa: Orange Business Services appoints Giorgio Heiman as VP Orange Business Services, the Orange branch dedicated to B2B services, has announced the appointment of Giorgio Heiman as Vice President of Africa, effective this month. Giorgio will share his time between Geneva and Johannesburg and takes over the leadership...
- Google & Unitel to build submarine fibre network Isabel dos Santos, CEO of Unitel, revealed that the Angolan operator has entered into a partnership with Google to launch a fibre optic submarine cable that will connect Africa to Brazil and Brazil to America, according to Diario Economico. According to...
- Nigeria: Airtel to sell Nigerian towers to ATC American Tower Corporation and Airtel have inked an agreement for the sale of over 4,800 of Airtel’s communications towers in Nigeria. According to the agreement, Airtel will be the anchor tenant on the portfolio under a lease with a ten-year initial...
- Namibia: Paratus Telecom purchases Vox Telecom Vox Telecom has concluded the sale of its Namibian operation to Paratus Telecom. The deal was made for an undisclosed amount and includes all assets and full staff complement. Talks between the two organisations commenced in 2013, with a view to combining the...
- MTN tops Brand Africa 100 list MTN has again topped the Brand Africa 100 list as the Most Admired and Most Valuable African Brand. Valued at over $5.4bn, MTN is the only African brand valued over a billion dollars. The 2014 Brand Africa 100 rankings of the most admired and most valuable...
- Ericsson and Econet Wireless Zimbabwe sign five-year deal Ericsson today announced that it has been selected as the sole supplier by Zimbabwe’s largest provider of telecommunications services, Econet Wireless Zimbabwe, for the company’s Core network upgrade program. The deal will see the companies working...
- Mahindra Comviva wins award for Ecocash Mahindra Comviva, a leader in providing mobility solutions received top honors at the prestigious Meffys 2014 Awards at a ceremony held recently in San Francisco. Econet’s EcoCash$ave powered by mobiquity Money was awarded in the Mobile Service category for...
- IT News Africa: Top Stories of the Week Quite a bit has happened in the ICT and technology sector over the past week. Included in this was the announcement of Titus Naikuni being named as Chairman for Airtel Kenya as well as Themba Khumalo being appointed as CEO of MTN Guinea. Also making waves in...
- Titus Naikuni named as Chairman for Airtel Kenya Bharti Airtel has revealed the appointment of Dr. Titus Naikuni as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Airtel Kenya. Dr. Naikuni, holds a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nairobi. He is also a graduate...
- Guinea: MTN appoints Khumalo as CEO MTN has revealed that it has appointed Themba Khumalo as CEO of MTN Guinea. Khumalo succeeds Phumzile Joshua Phike. According to Agence Ecofin, MTN Guinea has shown poor financial performance since 2013, having been overtaken by its main rival Orange Guinea....
- How ICT is responding to Ebola in Africa The Ebola outbreak has captured the attention of many large corporations within the ICT sector. Companies like MTN, SES, Liquid Telecom, Econet, IBM, Airtel, LG and Samsung have all responded to the outbreak in a meaningful and impactful way. While Ebola is...
- Nigeria: NCC shuts down illegal telecom firm Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has shut down telecom provider Owntel Communications. The shutdown is due to the company allegedly offering telecommunications services to customers, without obtaining operational licence. NCC enforcement team, led by...
- Nigeria: Access Bank & Airtel launch Access Money Financial institution, Access Bank, has collaborated with Airtel Nigeria to develop and launch mobile money service, Access Money powered by Airtel. According to the company, this service allows customers to perform simple, secure and instant financial...
- Fayose seeking to wield absolute power, Ominrin warns …denies demanding N135m to screen commissioner-nominees Speaker of Ekiti State House of Assembly, Dr Adewale Ominrin, yesterday in Osogbo accused Governor Ayo Fayose of wanting to “rule the state without… ...
- EFCC arraigns octogenarian over N65m fraud The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, yesterday arraigned a 77-year-old woman, Alhaja Mulikat Shonekan, before a Lagos State High Court sitting in Ikeja, for obtaining money under false pretense.… ...
- Ibadan bedlam: Oyo APC, opposition parties bicker Oyo State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, yesterday came hard on opposition parties in the state, accusing them of being behind the spate of violence unleashed on Ibadan,… ...
- Ondo PDP crisis: Court reserves judgment for Nov 28 Barring any last minute change, a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, has scheduled November 28, for judgment in a suit filed by 27 wards and local government executives of… ...
- Women aspirants charged to defend democracy, human rights …Ogbara tasks female politicians on media patronage About 100 female politicians yesterday participated in the one-day workshop and special prayer sessions organised for South West women seeking elective positions in… ...
- Sacked LG workers drag Kogi before Ombudsman The 447 sacked Olamaboro local government workers have dragged the Kogi State government before the Public Complaints Commission over its refusal to obey a high court judgment ordering it to… ...
- Plateau: FIRS seals 16 firms over N110m debt The Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, yesterday moved against 16 companies in Jos, the Plateau State capital and sealed their premises over nonremittance of tax owed it by the affected… ...
- Plateau PDP denies receiving Dariye, Tallen Contrary to media reports that Plateau State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had received former governor Joshua Dariye and deputy governor Pauline Tallen into its fold, the state… ...
- Katsina spends N2bn on federal varsity Katsina State governor, Ibrahim Shema, on Tuesday said the state spent about N2 billion on Federal University, Dutsinma, in the area of infrastructural development. Shema disclosed this when Minister of… ...
- PDP screens Jonathan, insists on polls in North-East President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday made himself available to be screened by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, screening committee led by former National Chairman, Dr. Ahmadu Ali. President Jonathan, who entered… ...
Between Tinubu and Banire
BY NIYI AKINSIJU It is becoming obvious that the spate of attacks on the personality… ...I’ll make difference –Okagbue, APGA House of Reps aspirant
BY DORIS OBINNA Hon Onochie Okagbue was the transition Chairman of Dunukofia Local Government Area… ...Why PDP is at war in C’River –Abang
Ambassador Soni Abang, a two-time chairman of Cross River PDP speaks on the lingering crisis… ...PDP’s greatest challenge is managing itself –Okonkwo
BY BEIFOH OSEWELE The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, would secure a landslide victory in next… ...In Bayelsa, Buhari blasts PDP
.Vote out ruling party, APC aspirant advises FROM FEMI FOLARANMI, YENAGOA From President Goodluck Jonathan’s… ...Jonathan has poor understanding of insurgency, says Obasanjo
Former Head of State, President Olusegun Obasanjo in his characteristic manner Wednesday could not hold… ...FAAN denies Buhari landing permit in Makurdi
ROSE EJEMBI, Makurdi. There was an uproar at the Makurdi Airport on Wednesday… ...My dream for greater Lagos, by Gbadamosi, PDP aspirant
A Real Estate expert, Mr. Babatunde Gbadamosi is a governorship aspirant in Lagos State under the umbrella of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). In an interview with Daily Sun, the governorship hopeful state reasons he wants to govern the most populous state in Nigeria. Excerpts: ...Abia APGA collapses into PPA as guber aspirant, LG executive dump party
The wave of defections, which has hit the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), starting from Anambra State where the former and some members of the National Assembly dumped the party for a rival political party, has reached Abia State. ...PDP screening committee clears Wike, others
Former Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, was yesterday, cleared by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) South-South governorship screening committee in Port Harcourt to contest the 2015 election in Rivers State. ...2015: Group applauds Kalu for backing Jonathan
The South/South- South/East Development Group (SSSEDG) has commended the former Governor of Abia State and… ...Obiano to build doctors quarters in 37 general hospitals
.Onitsha, Enugwu-ukwu, Ekwulobia hospitals to be upgraded for comprehensive healthcare services In continuation of his… ...Our criticisms not attack on Jonathan, APC replies PDP
From TAIWO AMODU, Abuja All Progressives Congress (APC) has reacted to claims by Peoples Democratic… ...Gov Ahmed flags off construction of 64 km Kishi-Kaiama road
From LAYI OLANREWAJU, Ilorin Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State yesterday flagged-off construction of the… ...Robbers shut down Obudu town in Cross River
FROM JUDEX OKORO, CALABAR Gunmen in commando style stormed Obudu town in Cross R iver… ...Mother of 5 sold for N5m to ritualist slumps, dies
It was double tragedy in a Warri community in Delta State as the mother of five school children who were allegedly sold to a suspected ritualist, slumped and died. ...Ekiti Assembly crisis: We ‘ll return when Fayose wants–Omirin
Impeached Speaker of the Ekiti House of Assembly, Adewale Omirin, has said he and his other self-exiled colleagues may not return to Ekiti until Governor Ayo Fayose allows it. ...You’re free to return home, Ekiti speaker tells Omirin
Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Dele Olugbemi, has said Governor Ayodele Fayose is not preventing the former Speaker, Dr. Adewale Omirin and other All Progressives Congress (APC) members of the Assembly from coming back to the state. ...Ekweremadu’s medical mission: Send culprits to jail, Enugu group tells police
A pressure group known as Enugu Rescue Group (ERG), has condemned in strong terms the recent attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu’s annual Ikeoha Foundation Free Eye Treatment Project in Ezeagu Local Government Area of Enugu State, calling for the immediate arrest and prosecution of the culprits. ...Aregbesola promises better governance
Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, has assured the people of the state that his second term in office promises greater and monumental achievements in spite of the current economic challenges facing the country. ...Oil price: OPEC meets today to determine production quota
…Naira sells for N180 in parallel market BY ADEWALE SANYAOLU Amidst dwindling global crude oil… ...MultiChoice rewards loyal subscribers with 20 cars
BY BIMBOLA OYESOLA As part of its annual reward programme for its loyal customers, MultiChoice… ...Discordant tunes trail policy
BY BLAISE UDUNZE The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) said the devaluation of the country’s… ...Capital market stakeholders laud CBN’s intervention on Naira, lists benefits
…As Bibo-Oluwa Academy emerges winner of SEC quiz Competition BY OMODELE ADIGUN Capital market stakeholders… ...Central Bank to drain 568 bln naira from bank accounts, banks scramble for funds
(LAGOS) Nigeria’s central bank on Wednesday advised banks it would drain a combined 568 billion… ...Nigeria’s Access Bank sees ‘little’ impact from naira devaluation
(JOHANNESBURG, South Africa) Nigeria’s Access Bank does not expect to take a hit from the… ...FG erects Cultural Centre in Abuja
In dire need of having a replica of the National Theatre in Abuja, the Federal Government has contracted an Italian ...MPC raises benchmark rate to 13%
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) rose from its two-day meeting in Abuja Tuesday with a decision to hike the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR), the benchmark rate by 100 bps to 13 per cent from the 12 per cent it was kept over a year ago. ...Economist advocates naira devaluation to stem pressure
An economic analyst, Mr. Odilim Enwegbara yesterday picked holes on the Central Bank of Nigeria’a (CBN)’s monetary policy saying it is disjointed and may encourage depreciation of the naira. ...Why we listed Glo as top Nigerian firm – FG
Leading Nigerian telecommunications firm, Globacom has been listed as one of the top One Hundred Firms in Nigeria for the 2014 fiscal year. ...Surprises, spectacle at Music & Entertainment Gospel Awards (MEGA) 2014
The uncanny revolution for the awakening of the Nigerian music industry instituted by the organisers… ...I love Dubai –Ajoke Ahubelem, MD, AZZON Medicals
BY PATIENCE EGWUWA Mrs. Ajoke Ahubelem is the Managing Director of AZZON Medical Diagnostic Services,… ...Holy Mansion unleashes Yayapu
A new act is poised to light up the entertainment scene in Nigeria and he… ...I command presidents, govs, first ladies –Ibadin, CEO, Mattson Creations Photography
By BEIFOH OSEWELE “I don’t like talking about my childhood,” he tells you, fiddling with… ...Tuface rallies Kcee, Yemi Alade, Oritsefemi to NMVA 2014
All is set for this year’s edition of Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA scheduled to… ...I’m looking forward to marriage–Nosa Omoregie
By DEJI AROLOYE He started singing in the choir from the age of seven. But… ...I almost quit my marriage –Lara George
By DAMILOLA FATUNMISE Gospel music star, Lara George, marked 10 years of wedded bliss on… ...Janice Dickinson: Bill Cosby raped me!
With rape allegations against Bill Cosby mounting, supermodel Janice Dickinson tells ET in a new… ...Boyfriend confesses to killing Miss Honduras, sister
The boyfriend of Miss Honduras 2014’s sister has confessed to killing her and the beauty… ...Olamide VS Phyno Who raps better?
Nigeria has produced some of the finest rap acts that can hold their own not… ...
- Cornerstone Q3 profit growth means impressive results - Cornerstone Nigeria Insurance plc, a company that sells life and non-life products in Nigeria, has recorded impressive growth in third quarter (Q3) profit, analysis of the financial statement shows. For the first nine months through September 2014, the insurance giant recorded an 10.69 percent increase in net premium income (NPI) to N3.83 billion from N3.46
- ELAN pushes leasing opportunities in health sector - Equipment Leasing Association of Nigeria Limited (ELAN) has called on the health sector to align with opportunities leasing companies in Nigeria provide by getting facilities for effective and efficient operations in the country. This call is driven by the discovery that 85 percent of companies in this sector have never applied for financing. Only 75
- Experts proffer solutions to challenges in oil and gas sector - The former special adviser to the president on petroleum matters, Emmanuel Egbogah, has called for the best corporate practices and strong investments in the oil and gas sector. Egbogah, who was chairman at a two-day regional conference on energy with the theme: “Oil and Gas in the Gulf of Guinea: Development and Management for Inclusive
- Transcorp to begin construction on $140m Lagos hotel in 2 weeks - Transcorp Hotels plc will begin the construction of its $140 million Lagos Hilton in two weeks, as it seeks to ride a wave of growth in Africa’s largest economy. “We have signed the agreements for piling works to begin,” said Valentine Ozigbo, its CEO, in a recent interview with BusinessDay in Lagos. “Expanding to Lagos
- American Tower Corp. ratings unaffected by plans to acquire towers in Nigeria – S&P - Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services said this week that its ‘BBB-‘ rating and stable outlook on Boston-based wireless tower operator American Tower Corp. are not affected by the company’s recently announced plan to acquire approximately 11,300 towers in Brazil and Nigeria for a total of about $2.3 billion. “We expect the company to fund a
- Airtel Insurance beneficiaries give testimonies on hospital coverage - Airtel Nigeria, a member of Airtel Africa Group, has paid out claims to its insurance beneficiaries under the Free Insurance Plan initiated by the company. The plan, which is the first of its kind in Africa most populous and largest economy Nigeria, has been meeting the health needs of its teeming customers, BusinessDay investigation reveals.
- Premium Pensions boss elected fellow of stock brokers - Adamu Musa Mele, executive director, Business Development and Investment of Premium Pension Limited, has been elevated to the fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers. Mele, who has been a member of the institute since 1994, was before the elevation an Associate Chartered Stockbroker. “I am highly appreciative of this recognition by the Chartered Institute
- Osun disburses N2bn CBN SMEs fund - Osun State government has disbursed the N2 billion Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises Development Fund to beneficiaries. The scheme is a partnership with the CBN under the apex bank’s N220 billion Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Fund At the official ceremony for the distribution of the N2 billion
- Flour Mills of Nigeria launches Kool2Go instant powdered drink - Flour Mills of Nigeria plc (FMN), a leading industrial player in the food manufacturing sector, has formally introduced a new product – Kool2GO Instant Powdered Drink into the Nigerian market. Presenting the product at the launch in Lagos, Martin Anyanwu, head, group marketing of the company, says that Kool2Go is an addition to the FMN
- AG Leventis records 55% rise in Q3 net income - Conglomerate giant, AG Leventis, has recorded a 55 percent rise in net income, thanks to effective cost control by the management of the company, analysis of the financial statements show. The conglomerate giant that sells and services cars, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, agricultural and construction equipment and also deals in real estate, is penetrating the Nigerian
- Paul Bassey calls for Keshi’s replacement A member of the Nigeria Football Federation Technical and Development Committee, Paul Bassey has said that the Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has nothing left to offer the national team, saying that his last five months with the team had not been productive. Bassey, who is a Confederaions of African Football’s match commissioner explained that [November 27, 2014]
- Amasiemaka blasts NFF over Keshi Former Nigeria winger, Adokiye Amasiemaka, has blasted the Nigeria Football Federation for wanting to hire a foreign coach to replace the embattled out-of-contract Stephen Keshi. [November 27, 2014]
- Inyama, Bassey, two other Nigerians in CAN party Chairman of the NFF Marketing, Sponsorship and Television Advisory Committee, High Chief Emeka Inyama and three other eminent Nigerians have been invited by the Confederation of African Football to play important roles at the 30th Africa Cup of Nations finals in Equatorial Guinea. [November 27, 2014]
- LMC speaks on NFF ratification of board structure The ratification of the League Management Company(LMC) governing structure has been described as a welcome development that will add greater impetus to the reform processes initiated when the body was set up by the immediate past board of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). [November 27, 2014]
- Victor Moses ruled out until 2015 Victor Moses is unlikely to play again this year after hurting his thigh while playing for Stoke City in the Premier League. [November 26, 2014]
- Bankers Games: Organisers announce date for semi final fixtures MediaVision Limited, organizers of the Nigeria Bankers Games (NBG) has explained that the semi final fixtures that were postponed in difference to the Federations Cup last Sunday will now hold on Sunday, November 30. [November 26, 2014]
- Don’t involve ministry in your problem, Danagogo tells Igbokwe The Minister and Chairman of the National Sports Commission (NSC), Dr. Tammy Danagogo has told one of the parties to the dispute over the administration of football in the county, Barr. Iyke Igbokwe to desist from dragging his name into the matter. [November 26, 2014]
- Crisis delays Eagles N1.44bn World Cup money Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Federation, Musa Amadu, has said Nigeria are yet to receive the nine million dollars prize money they earned at the last World Cup because of the leadership crisis that has bedevilled the country. [November 26, 2014]
- Sony to end FIFA sponsorship contract Sony has decided not to renew a multi-million-dollar sponsorship contract with FIFA, reports said Tuesday, as the money-losing firm undergoes a painful restructuring and football’s governing remains embroiled in controversy. [November 25, 2014]
- NFF to send Keshi on refresher course abroad President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick has given a hint that Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi won’t be fired by his board, but rather would send him for a refresher course abroad. [November 25, 2014]
- Keshi attacks NFF over foreign coach Out of contract Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has replied to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) over talks of a foreign coach for the Super Eagles. [November 25, 2014]
- Federation Cup: Glo hails Enyimba National Telecommunication operator, Globacom, has congratulated two-time African Champions, Enyimba Football Club of Aba for winning the 2014 Federation Cup at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos on Sunday. [November 25, 2014]
- NFF pledges support for APFON The Nigeria Football Federation has promised to strengthen and empower the Association of Professional Footballers of Nigeria in the coming years. [November 24, 2014]
- Eduok to quit Nigerian league One of the leading scorers in the just-ended Nigeria league Emem Eduok has revealed he is likely to quit for a club overseas. [November 24, 2014]
- Chelsea’s Mourinho faces ex-Blues boss Di Matteo Jose Mourinho comes up against the only coach to have steered Chelsea to the Champions League title when the Blues travel to Roberto Di Matteo’s Schalke 04 on Tuesday. [November 24, 2014]
- PSG hampered by injury problems ahead of Ajax clash Paris Saint-Germain coach Laurent Blanc continues to struggle with a raft of injury problems as his side prepare to entertain Ajax at the Parc des Princes in Champions League Group F on Tuesday. [November 24, 2014]
- Man City on brink ahead of Bayern test Manchester City are teetering on the brink of a third Champions League group-phase elimination in four seasons ahead of Bayern Munich’s visit to the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday. [November 24, 2014]
- More Messi history up for grabs as Barca visit APOEL Fresh from becoming the all-time leading goalscorer in La Liga, Lionel Messi will have his sights on more history as he looks to repeat that feat in the Champions League when Barcelona visit APOEL Nicosia on Tuesday. [November 24, 2014]
- I’m the right man for Eagles, says Keshi Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi is adamant that he is the right man to lead the Super Eagles into the future. [November 24, 2014]
- Please, walk away!, NFF tells Keshi Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has been urged not to try to stay in the job after failing to qualify the team for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. [November 24, 2014]
- NFF want ‘younger Eagles’ in future The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has decided to start building a new senior national team, with the focus on younger players. [November 24, 2014]
- LMC delighted by clubs, players’ performances in 2013/14 season The League Management Company (LMC) has commended clubs and their players in the just ended Glo Premier League season for successful participation but tasked them on the need to reach for greater heights as there is still more grounds to be covered to achieve the quality of league that can compete well within Africa and beyond. [November 24, 2014]
- Odibo commends Pinnick A Patron of the Nigeria Football Supporters Club and a Chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party in Delta State, Barrister Moses Odibo has commended the Amaju led NFF Board for accepting responsibility for Nigeria’s failure to qualify for the Nation’s Cup and urged Nigerians to put that behind us and fashion a way to move the game forward. [November 24, 2014]
- AFCON 2015: Kigigha blames Eagles’ ouster on NFF, Keshi players CAF/FIFA Referees Fitness Instructor, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Felix Kigigha has told the Nigeria Football Federation, coach Stephen Keshi and his technical assistants to accept responsibility for Nigeria’s failure to qualify for the 2015 African Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea next year. Speaking to Vanguard Sports, Kigigha, who described the Eagles performance in the qualifying series as unacceptable and lamentable, said despite warnings by concerned Nigerians including himself, Felix Owolabi and other fans, NFF members rather agreed not to work for national interest but engaged in self aggrandizement. [November 23, 2014]
- Garba: Why I’m critical of Keshi Former Super Eagles midfielder Garba Lawal has said that his criticisms of Stephen Keshi were never personal, but his way of ‘helping’ the embattled Super Eagles coach. Garba Lawal has also expressed regret at how Keshi took the criticisms personal. [November 23, 2014]
- Enyeama denies Arsenal Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has denied reports he is being monitored by English Premier League side Arsenal and says it will take ‘something special’ to leave his present club, Lille for any other club. [November 23, 2014]
- Enyimba win Federation Cup Mfon Udoh capped a brilliant individual season for Enyimba International as they overcame Dolphins FC 2-1 to lift the Men’s Federation Cup trophy. [November 23, 2014]
- Rojenny urges Danagogo, Keshi to resign Sports enthusiast and proprietor of Rojenny International Sports Stadium, Oba in Anambra State, Rommy Ezeonwuka has demanded that Minister of Sports, Tammy Danagogo and the Super Eagles Technical/Coaching Crew should resign their appointments in shame for their lack lustra attitude within the period of Eagles qualification matches. [November 23, 2014]
- AFN prays for good buildup to 2016 Olympics Athletics Federation of Nigeria technical director, Omatseye Nesiama has expressed hope that there will be funds to drive Nigeria’s preparations towards the 2015 World Championships and the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. [November 23, 2014]
- Who wins 2014 Federation Cup? The stage is set for the final of Nigeria’s most glamorous football competition, the Federation Cup taking place today at the Teslim Balogun Stadum, Lagos. The gladiators for this year’s final are cup holders, Enyimba Football Club of Aba and Dolphins Football Club of Port Harcourt. [November 23, 2014]
- We want the Cup for our fans – Enyimba Enyimba striker Chimezie Amanfor has said his side are poised to win the Federation Cup title for their staunch and teeming supporters. [November 23, 2014]
- Federation Cup is ours – Dolphins Dolphins defender, Victor Ezuruike has said emphatically that his side will bench Federation Cup holders, Enyimba. [November 23, 2014]