- Yola agog ahead of President Buhari’s visit
- Alleged N2.9bn fraud: Prosecution’s absence stalls trial of Mba, others
- Reforms in mining sector, others result in Nigeria’s improved world bank’s ease of doing business ―FG
- Fed poly Ado Ekiti council suspends registrar, bursar
- FG to reward science best student with N1million cash
- DPR impound fabricated fuel tanks in Gombe
- Buratai sacks domestic driver over confrontation with FRSC operatives
- Mrs Ambode a role model, strong pillar of support ―Group
- Nigeria is on auto drive, PDP tells FG
- Oyo Govt visits Prof Akinwumi Isola’s residence on condolence
- Alternative payment channels as panacea for dirty, mutilated naira notes
- Cancelled January MPC meeting: Any effect on policy direction?
- ‘ Samsung has trained Nigerian youths in capacity development’
- 9mobile as ‘last chance’ for Nigeria’s telecom industry
- TTP: To save lives and roads
- 2017: Events that shaped the economy
- The race for 9mobile
- How oil and gas sector fared in 2017
- 2017, year of mixed feelings for advertising
- A banking year in an economy wriggling out of recession
- I started as a housemaid in Lagos —Kolawole, Best PR manager 2018
- Keanzo, Sade Blaq, Mr Solace, others for Feel Unbothered concert
- Odumakin lauds Queen Ebigieson’s kind gesture towards widows
- Bewaji plans 40th birthday bash
- BBNaija III: Viewer threatens to commit suicide ’cos of Ceecee
- MOPPICON Bill ready for Senate’s nod —Adeyemi
- How I have been able to sustain my marriage — Yewande
- Orezi features Tekno in ‘Whine For Daddy’
- Kanye West resolves $10m Lloyd’s of London lawsuit
- Hollywood star Kerry Washington tweets birthday wishes in Igbo
- Medications for blood pressure do not affect libido —Experts
- FG told to include Palliative Medicine in health system
- Government seals 62 health facilities for various offences
- World Cancer Day: NGO urges awareness campaign in rural areas
- Onion could help fight TB antibiotic resistance
- UCH launches ambulances for elderly on wheelchair
- Malaria testing provides possibility for early HIV detection —Study
- Borno govt celebrates improved health care systems
- FG releases $1m for free contraceptives
- Onion could help fight TB antibiotic resistance
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis: Court frees 475 suspects - BBC News - BBC News
- Nigeria to Sell Assets Seized in Anti-Graft Probes to Boost Treasury, President Says - U.S. News & World Report
- BBC starts Igbo and Yoruba services in Nigeria - BBC News - BBC News
- Nigeria convicts 205 Boko Haram suspects in mass trials - Reuters
- Bobsled Team Represents Nigeria Loosely, but Women Truly - The ... - New York Times
- South-South PDP leaders meet, vow to 'liberate' Nigeria from APC - Premium Times
- What Nigeria must do to remain united – Akin Oyebode - Premium Times
What Nigeria must do to remain united – Akin OyebodePremium TimesA professor of jurisprudence and international law, Akin Oyebode, has said that unless the “forces of reaction and ethnocentricity are deemphasised”, Nigeria will not make progress in her efforts towards nationhood. Mr. Oyebode was the guest speaker at ...
- Bishops in Nigeria release books on marriage, family life - Catholic News Agency
- Is Nigeria Breaking Its Promise To OPEC? - OilPrice.com
Is Nigeria Breaking Its Promise To OPEC?OilPrice.comAs OPEC allies push to restrict oil output in an international attempt to bolster crude prices, Nigerian producers are heading in the opposite direction, aspiring to increase output by 250,000 more barrels a day to reach their overall goal of 2.5 ...and more »
- Nigeria's Attorney General Malami queries Magu, Keyamo - Premium Times
- Court Releases 475 Boko Haram Suspects [Leadership] A Federal High Court sitting in Wawa Cantonment, Kainji, Niger state has set free about 475 suspected Boko Haram members.
- Obasanjo Makes U-Turn, Says Buhari Succeeded [Leadership] In what appears to be a volte-face, former President Olusegun Obasanjo at the weekend turned around and praised President Muhammad Buhari for achieving huge success in an area where previous administrations, including his, could not make headway.
- Govt Forgot Promises, Say Catholic Bishops [This Day] Abuja -The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) yesterday at its first assembly in the year said three years after the inception of the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, the administration has forgotten the many promises it made to Nigerians.
- Malabu Scandal - Attorney-General Wants Trial of Adoke, Diezani, Others Stopped [Premium Times] The Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, has written to President Muhammadu Buhari, urging him to back off on his administration's legal battles against the principal actors in the controversial Malabu Oil deal.
- Buhari Says Govt On Its Toes to Address Security Issues [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari said on Sunday that the Federal Government was on its toes to address security issues being experienced in recent times within the country.
- Get Shekau Dead or Alive, President Tells Troops [Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari and the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces has again charged troops to capture Abubakar Shekau, the factional leader of the Boko Haram terrorists group, alive or dead.
- Nigeria Sells U.S.$2.5 Billion Eurobonds to Replace Naira Debt [Guardian] Nigeria sold $2.5 billion of Eurobonds as it sought to lower funding costs by using the notes to refinance higher-yielding naira debt.
- Lagos Seals-Off 8 Houses, Arrests 9 Over Illegal Construction [Leadership] For failing to comply with building construction processes and laws, Lagos State Building Control Agency, LASBCA, at the weekend sealed eight more houses at Ebute Metta and Surulere areas of the state.
- Finance Minister Talks Tough, Wants Global Cooperation Against Tax-Evading Multinationals [Premium Times] Nigeria's Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, has called for the designation of tax malpractices by multinational corporations in Nigeria and other developing countries as 'foreign corrupt practices'.
- Nigeria May Get Refund From Foreign Firms Over $16 Billion Egina Probe [Guardian] Abuja -Senate ad hoc committee investigating the $16 billion Egina Deep Sea Project has disclosed that the participating foreign firms in the contract would refund billions of dollars to the Federal Government or Total Upstream Nigeria Limited.
- Ruling Party Suspends Kaduna Governor El-Rufai for 6 Months [Leadership] The faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kaduna State that issued query and warning letter to Governor Nasir el-Rufai last Thursday, has suspended the Governor for six months.
- Man Caught Allegedly Stealing Aboard Aircraft in Lagos [Premium Times] A man has been arrested by the Murtala Muhammed Airport command of the Nigeria Police for reportedly stealing aboard an aircraft.
- With El-Rufai's Report, Fresh Controversy Trails Oil Revenue [Guardian] By exhuming the 'politically buried' onshore/offshore dichotomy debate, the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has started another round of controversy over territorial limitation of oil wealth control between the Federal Government and littoral oil-producing states.
- Trio Nabbed for Bloody Nigeria Clash [CAJ News] Abuja -POLICE have arrested three suspects linked to the deadly clash between bandits and hunters in northwestern Nigeria last week. They have been named as Halilu Garba (aged 45), Zubairu Marafa (45) and Nafi'u Badamasi (40).
- Ondo, Rivers, Bayelsa Paid Highest Motorcycle Fair in January - NBS [Guardian] The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) says residents of Ondo State, Rivers and Bayelsa paid the highest per drop fares to commercial motorcycles, popularly known as 'Okada', in January
- Ambode Directs Payment of Taxes, Levies Through Banks From March 1 [Guardian] Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Monday directed that all taxes and levies due to the state government should now be paid through the banks and online banking platforms from March 1.
- Community Invites Govt, Security to Flush Out Oil Thieves [Vanguard] Ugboegungun community in Warri South West local government has decried activities of oil thieves in the area, appealing that security operatives and the federal government should take decisive steps to flush them out. Chairman of the community,
- Ambode Pays Land Use Charge, As Lagos Abolishes Cash Payment in Revenue Collection [Vanguard] Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday paid his Land Use Charge, with an announcement that the State Government will no longer accept cash payment in revenue collection effective from March 1, 2018.
- Adeosun Woos Global Bodies in the Fight Against Foreign Corrupt Practices [Vanguard] The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, has urged global bodies like the World Bank to help curb foreign corrupt practices by multinational corporations in Nigeria and other developing countries.
- 11 Million Children Enrolled for Early Child Education in Two Years - Report [Premium Times] The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) says no fewer than 11.06 million kids enrolled for early child care development education in the country from 2014 to 2016.
- President Buhari Urges Elites to Make Sacrifices for Nigeria [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari has called on all citizens, particularly the elites, to be prepared to make sacrifices as a foundation for national growth and development.
- 2018 Budget - 5 Ministries to Spend N221m On Refreshments, Meals [Daily Trust] In 2018, the sum of N221, 015,898 million is appropriated as refreshments and meals for 5 federal Government ministries going by the 2018 budget breakdown. The ministries include Finance, Budget and National Planning, Industry trade and Investments, Information and Agriculture.
- Pickpockets Arrested Through CCTV Footage in Lagos [Daily Trust] Lagos -A footage obtained from a Close Circuit Camera (CCTV) mounted at Oshodi area of Lagos captured four suspected pickpockets stealing phones from victim's pockets, police said.
- My Twin Sons Will Play for Nigeria - Amokachi [Leadership] Former Nigerian international striker, Daniel Amokachi has reiterated that his dream and desire is to see his twin sons (Nazim and Kalim) play for Nigeria in the nearest future even though they are already being courted by Tunisia where their mother hails from. He said the twins who are both currently playing for the Turkish side, Besiktas' U-23 team, have their hearts with Nigeria and would love to play for their fatherland like he did several years ago and won laurels for the country.
- Nigeria, Japan Partner for Improved Workers' Productivity [Daily Trust] Lagos -The National Productivity Centre (NPC) and its counterpart in Japan, Japan Productivity Centre (JPC) have collaborated to improve the productivity of workers in the country's manufacturing sector.
- Multi-Billion Naira States Secretariats Suffer Disrepair [Daily Trust] Ado Eki -Dozens of state government secretariats are suffering decades of maintenance problems despite the huge funds spent for their regular facelift, our correspondents report.
- Security of Lives, Properties My Priority - Buhari [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has called on all citizens of the country, particularly the elites, to be prepared to make sacrifices as a foundation for national growth and development.
- 'Nitori' Is an Epitome of Great Music - Princess Olabuju [Leadership] Princess Iyabo Olajubu is the daughter of late songstress, Reagent Bunmi Olajubu a.k.a 'bata mi a dun koko ka' whose song has been an evergreen. For those from yesteryears, they would understand the impact the family is making in the music industry.
- David Alaba's Sister, Rose May, Eyes Nigerian Music Industry [Premium Times] Many Nigerians are looking forward to the day Bayern Munich forward, David Alaba, will play for the Super Eagles.
- Freedom Foundation Screens 'Lagos Dairies' in Lagos [Premium Times] A real-life documentary series titled, 'My Lagos Dairies' was screened to select members of the press at the FilmHouse IMAX Cinema, Lekki, Lagos, over the weekend.
- Jim Iyke & Julius Agwu Join Cancer Awareness Walk In Abuja [PHOTOS]
- Comic Actor Ayanfe Adekunle Monsuru Discharged From Hospital..Photos
- Actress Iyabo Oko Returns To UK For Medical Checkup 2 Years After Surviving Stroke
- Nollywood Marketer Okiki Films Releases Liz Anjorin N40Million Movie, Owo Naira Bet
- Moyo Lawal Apologises As Movie Producers Threaten To Blacklist Her Over Nude Photos
- Nollywood Movie Review: The Royal Hibiscus Hotel
- Mercy Johnson: I Stopped Kissing In Movies To Please My Husband Who Dislikes My Romantic Roles
- Omotola Jalade Omosexy Aging Gracefully At 40.. See Her Raw Unphotoshopped Face [PHOTO]
- Eucharia Anunobi: A Doctor’s Mistake Killed My Son, Raymond Ekwu
- Toyin Abraham’s Latest Movie, ‘The Ghost And The Tout’ Heads To The Cinema
- Chizzy Alichi: How Kenneth Okonkwo Saved My Life On Set Of My First Movie
- Desmond Elliot Loses Aunt To Breast Cancer, Stages Awareness Walk To Save Others
- Fulani Herdsman Flees As Cow Causes Car Accident In Omi Adio, Ibadan Abeokuta Expressway
- Lagos Lawyer Barrister Idowu Adebayo Michael Sent To Kirikiri For Selling Land With Forged Document
- Photos: David Akinniran, NAHCO Security Guard Steals $230K From Lagos MMIA Airport Passengers
- 73 Year Old Man Kills Nephew In Ikorodu Lagos
- Turkish Woman Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Joining ISIS, 11 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- Video: Nigerian Ifa Priest Who Sold Fake Chieftaincy Title To American Confesses At Alaafin Palace
- Nigerian Cultists, Eiye & Vikings Cult Members Arrested In Italy During Street Fight
- Nigerian Man, Comedian Marries Mannequin “Sex Doll” In Lagos..Photos
- Man Arrested For Stealing N1Million On Air Peace Flight From Abuja To Lagos Appears In Court
- Photos: Ritualists Den Discovered In Ilobu, Irepodun Osun State, 2 Brothers Arrested
- Nigerian Man Who Crushes Baby Daughter To Death While Reversing Car Says He Was Tested By God
- South African Man Dies After Breaking Own Penis During Extreme Masturbation On Valentine’s Day
- Selling your privacy for ‘free’ services Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram… Chances are that most people are a user of at least one of these social media sites. However, when signing up for a social media account, most users are more concerned about which profile picture to choose, than about reading the seemingly endless terms of service document. And what they fail [&hellip...
- Thomson Reuters launches Eikon Mobile App in Africa Thomson Reuters has announced the launch of the Thomson Reuters Eikon mobile app to give their customers in Africa access and instant connection to financial analysis. According to the company, the Eikon mobile app will have the same comprehensive financial...
- Google removes “View Image” button: Here’s how to get it back On Friday 16 January 2018 Google had made a few changes to the way Image Search works on the search engine. However, one of the biggest changes was the removal of the “View Image” button, which would take a user straight to the image and the...
- Study: South African businesses lag behind global peers in leveraging technology According to Accenture Technology Vision 2018, South African businesses wanting to leverage the power of technology to transform themselves into intelligent enterprises that can integrate into people’s daily lives must embrace five key trends. This year’s...
- MTN still owes $609 million of Nigerian mega fine On Thursday 15 February 2018, Prof. Umar Danbatta, executive vice chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), revealed that MTN Nigeria still needed to pay USD $609,451 million (N220 billion) into the coffers of the federal government to settle...
- Blended learning initiative ‘No-Pay’ MBA to launch in April 2018 Professionals who are looking to pursue a business education, without going into debt, can now access the option through the ‘No-Pay’ MBA which combines online learning (MOOCs) with weekly meetups and job-based assignments ‘No-Pay’ MBA...
- No more free data access to Wikipedia in 2018 On Friday 16 February 2018 the Wikimedia Foundation announced that free access to Wikipedia will end in 2018, which was part of the Wikipedia Zero partnership programme. In a statement on its website the foundation said, “After careful evaluation, the...
- Twitter Reacts: Black Panther smashes box office records On Friday 16 February 2018, Marvel’s latest box office hit, Black Panther, was released worldwide. Although the movie filters into the greater landscape of the Marvel Universe, what makes this movie different is that it championed African traditions,...
- Focusing on the importance of data compliance Data compliance is an important facet of any business today. For insurers who rely on customer data for product distribution and innovative development of better solutions, meeting the requirements of this regulation is critical. Angelique Strumpher,...
- Tanzania: Government seeks to extend mobile money interoperability The Tanzanian government has urged Mobile Money operators, within the country, to register transactions with a central banking infrastructure as authorities seek to extend interoperability to all service providers. The interoperability agreement will enable...
- EA Sports UFC 3 Review Developed by EA Canada and published by EA Sports, UFC 3 is the latest mixed martial arts fighting game to grace the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Last year’s cover star Connor McGregor has returned as this year’s cover star; however, this time,...
- Altron’s ARH to roll out broadband network in Limpopo Altron’s Altech Radio Holdings (ARH) has been appointed by the Limpopo Provincial Government to roll out open access broadband network across the province, in line with the National Broadband Policy: SA Connect. The project will see ICT connectivity...
- What is open banking and what does it mean for South Africa? Imagine if you owned your bank data and could decide who you want to share this data with, thereby gaining access to a broad range of products to suit your needs. Matthew Barnard, an executive at software development company BBD, says that this could become a...
- 7 Steps security leaders can take to deal with Spectre and Meltdown Security and risk management leaders must take a pragmatic and risk-based approach to the ongoing threats posed by an entirely new class of vulnerabilities, according to Gartner, Inc. “Spectre” and “Meltdown” are the code names given...
- SAP named Platinum Sponsor of Africa’s leading IoT conference SAP Africa has been confirmed as the Platinum Sponsor for the second edition of the Internet of Things Forum Africa (#IOTFA2018). According to SAP Global Head of IoT Nils Herzberg, this year will see African business invest in digital transformation...
- Telkom Kenya hits 4 million subscribers in six months Telkom Kenya has announced that its subscriber base has increased by one million and reached 4 million subscribers in six months. To celebrate this, the telecommunications firm launched a promotion to reward 50 subscribers with a Toyota Belta. Telkom is now...