US-cop-killer-had-criminal-record--Police">December 22, 2014 by NAN
- Nigeria's Islamic uprising poses regional threat MAIDUGURI, Nigeria – Thousands of members of Nigeria's home-grown Islamic extremist Boko Haram group strike across the border in Cameroon, with coordinated attacks on border towns, a troop convoy and a major barracks.
- Extremists in Nigeria lining up elderly and shooting them MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — Islamic extremists in northeast Nigeria are turning their guns on elderly people, killing more than 50 this week in a new tactic that has instilled more fear in areas the militants call an Islamic caliphate.
- Nigeria toughens currency trading curbs to halt naira fall Nigeria's central bank on Friday announced new measures to curb currency speculation as part of an effort to defend the naira which has been hit hard by the collapse in global oil prices. The move comes after a currency devaluation and a cut in the 2015 growth forecast and less than two months before general elections, with President Goodluck Jonathan trying to assure voters that Nigeria's ...
- Nigeria's home-grown Islamic uprising poses regional threat MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) " Thousands of members of Nigeria's home-grown Islamic extremist Boko Haram group strike across the border in Cameroon, with coordinated attacks on border towns, a troop convoy and a major barracks.Farther...
- Nigeria in new bid to defend naira Nigeria's central bank brings in further measures to support its currency, the naira, which fell to record lows this week.
- Nigeria Investors Fear Being Able to Exit After Bank Clampdown Foreign investors in Nigeria are concerned that measures taken by the central bank to prevent speculation against the falling naira will hinder their ability to sell investments in the country.
- Nigeria Banks More Exposed Than Russia’s to Oil Slump First Bank, Nigeria’s largest lender, and Guaranty Trust Bank Plc are among banks with the most at stake as tumbling oil prices strain the economy of Africa’s biggest crude producer.
- 'Boko Haram' kidnaps 185 people in Nigeria Boko Haram has kidnapped at least 185 people, including women and children, in northeast Nigeria, the latest mass abduction in a region where the military has repeatedly struggled to protect civilians, officials and witnesses said Thursday. It recalled the April kidnappings in Chibok, where more than 200 girls were taken from a school. President Goodluck Jonathan, who is standing for re-election ...
- Nigerian Islamic extremists pose regional threat MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — Thousands of members of Nigeria's home-grown Islamic extremist Boko Haram group strike across the border in Cameroon, with coordinated attacks on border towns, a troop convoy and a major barracks.
- Nigeria sentences mutinous soldiers to death as Boko Haram stages major attack A daily roundup of terrorism and security issues.
- Africa Wants to Go Into Business [SAIIA]Global experience in the last century demonstrated that it is possible for societies to move rapidly from poverty to prosperity. The past decade has seen growing hope that Africa may be on the cusp of emulating these experiences. Its recent strides notwithstanding, nothing will substitute for a robust, energetic domestic business community. Whether Africa will be able to do so depends greatly on the choices it makes to harness opportunities to power its economic progress.
- Nigerians Among Africa's Poorest - Global Report [Premium Times]Despite its latest status as Africa's biggest economy, and its government's claim of improved standard of living, Nigeria was not only one of the world's least prosperous countries in 2014, but also one of Africa's poorest, beaten by smaller nations like Niger, Benin, Mali and Cameroun, an annual global prosperity survey released this week has said.
- The Tragedy of Borno State [African Arguments]Boko Haram has yet again made international media headlines, this time through its alleged kidnapping of nearly 200 civilians from the village of Gumsuri in Borno State. Much of the current commentary on the Salafi-jihadi group frames its insurgency as a violent contest against the Nigerian state. This depiction agrees with the narrative put forth by Boko Haram chieftain Abubakar Shekau in his video communiqués, which identify Boko Haram's ultimate goal as being the establishment of an Islamic polit
- Boko Haram Releases Gory Video [Leadership]A gory video released on the internet by Boko Haram insurgents yesterday revealed how the insurgents gathered hundreds of trapped residents of Bama in a school dormitory and shot them point blank, with one of the sect's leaders describing the victims as infidels who they could no longer fend for under their new rule.
- 2015 Elections - Ballot Boxes Intercepted in Bauchi [Daily Trust]Bauchi -There was uproar in Bauchi State yesterday after a trailer conveying 1550 empty ballot boxes was intercepted by policemen at a checkpoint in Darazo Local Government area of the state.
- Jonathan Doesn't Deserve Second Term - Sylva [Daily Trust]A former governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva, says his kinsman, President Goodluck Jonathan, does not deserve a second term.
- Boko Haram Attacks Gaidam [Daily Trust]Boko Haram militants in four Hilux trucks and motorcycles drove into Gaidam, 187 kilometres from Damaturu, the Yobe State capital yesterday sending waves of panic among residents.
- UK, Thailand to Repatriate 1,000 Nigerian Prisoners [Independent (Lagos)]Abuja -About 1,000 Nigerians languishing in United Kingdom (UK) and Thailand prisons will be repatriated in few weeks time. This is in line with the Prisoners' Exchange Agreement Nigeria signed with the two countries.
- APC Raises the Alarm Over Purchase of Permanent Voter's Cards [APC (Nigeria)]The All Progressives Congress (APC) has raised the alarm over the antics of a certain political party that has engaged in buying Permanent Voter's Cards (PVCs) with a view to disenfranchising the owners of such cards, especially in opposition strongholds.
- Again, Boko Haram Attacks Military Base in Yobe [Vanguard]Damaturu -Boko Haram Insurgents, Weekend, attacked security formations in Damagum, the headquarters of Fune Local Government Area of Yobe state.
- Troops, Boko Haram Clash Near Site of Latest Kidnap [Vanguard]Nigerian troops have repelled a Boko Haram attack near the village where 185 people were kidnapped last week, killing several insurgents, soldiers and witnesses said Saturday.
- FG Signs MOU With Three Firms to Boost Renewable Energy [Nigerian Govt]In determination to diversify the energy mix in the country, the Nigerian Government has recently signed three Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with three different Renewable Energy Companies - Solius NGPC; the Peoples Home Association and Solar Force Nigeria Limited for the production of solar power across the country.
- IMF Cuts Nigeria's Growth Projection to Five Percent [This Day]The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has forecast that the Nigerian economy will record a lower growth of five per cent in 2015.
- State Assemblies Approve Separation of Office of AGF From Justice Minister [This Day]Abuja -The face of the new constitution being awaited by Nigerians finally unfolded on Friday with the submission of the output of the state houses of assembly votes on amendments to the 1999 Constitution.
- IMF Staff Concludes 2014 Article Iv Mission to Nigeria [IMF]End-of-Mission press releases include statements of IMF staff teams that convey preliminary findings after a visit to a country. The views expressed in this statement are those of the IMF staff and do not necessarily represent the views of the IMF's Executive Board. Based on the preliminary findings of this mission, staff will prepare a report that, subject to management approval, will be presented to the IMF's Executive Board for discussion and decision.
- Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria's Oil, By White House [Guardian]OFFICIALS of the United States government have for the first time in months presented an explanation on the sudden termination of oil imports from Nigeria since July, an action which spurred concerns whether there were any possible political connotation especially because of the current strain in Nigeria-US diplomatic relations.
- Political Events That Shaped 2014 [Leadership]As the year winds to a close, Chibuzo Ukaibe reflects on some of the major political events that occurred this year, that helped to define the trajectory of the polity. Excerpts.
- CBN Toughens Currency Trading Curbs to Halt Naira Fall [Vanguard]The central bank on Friday announced new measures to curb currency speculation as part of an effort to defend the naira which has been hit hard by the collapse in global oil prices.
- Suspended Strike - How Oil Workers, Govt Reached a Truce [This Day]To get the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) to suspend their nation-wide strike early Friday morning. the meeting between both parties addressed all the issues contained in a communiqué dated October 31, 2014, jointly issued by NUPENG and PENGASSAN.
- 80 Insurgents, 2 Soldiers Killed in Borno Gun Battle [Vanguard]No fewer than 80 Boko Haram insurgents and two soldiers lost their lives when suspected members of dreaded Boko Haram sect laid ambush along the troubled Maiduguri-Damboa road which was closed down for motorists since July this year.
- INEC Raises Task Force On Internally Displaced Persons [Daily Trust]The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has raised a Task Force on how to get Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) to vote in the forthcoming 2015 General Election.
- Boko Haram - Military Investigating Claims of Mass Abduction in Borno [This Day]The Nigerian military authorities have said that they were yet to verify reports of alleged kidnapping of hundreds of people, especially women and children in Borno State this week, and assured that investigation was ongoing with serious search for terrorists hideouts.
- Flying Eagles Will Qualify From 'Tough' Group - Manu [Daily Trust]Head coach of Nigeria's Men U-20 football team, Manu Garba has expressed confidence that his team will triumph at next year's African Youth Championship (AYC) even though they have been drawn in the toughest first round group.
- Presidency Defends PDP Govs' N1.05 Billion Donation to Jonathan's Campaign [Daily Trust]The Presidency has defended the donation of N1.05 billion by 21 People's Democratic Party (PDP) governors to the re-election campaign of President Goodluck Jonathan.
- FG Urged to Establish Libraries in Prisons [Independent (Lagos)]The Citizens United for Rehabilitation of Errant, a non-governmental organisation (NGO), has urged the Federal Government to establish libraries in all prison formations nationwide as part of efforts to ensure proper rehabilitation of inmates.
- 2015 Women's World Cup - Falcons Can Get to the Semis - Ikhana [Vanguard]Former Super Falcons coach, Kadiri Ikhana has disclosed that the success of the Super Falcons at the 2015 Fifa Women's World Cup Canada is hinged on the support they get from the Nigeria Football Federation.
- Fifa Rankings - Falcons Shame Eagles, Remain Africa's Best [Vanguard]Unlike their male counterparts, the Super Eagles who have been toppled by less fancied African teams in FIFA and CAF rankings, African women champions, the Super Falcons of Nigeria, have climbed three places in the year end Fifa ranking for women.
- OAU Re-Admits 100 Students From Ebola Ravaged Countries [Independent (Lagos)]Osogbo -Foreign students from countries with Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) epidemic have been readmitted into the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- It's Time to Rebuild Nigeria - Buhari [Independent (Lagos)]Former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, emerged the presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and will represent the party at the 2015 election after defeating six other contestants. They former Vive President, Atiku Abubakar; Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and Sam Nda Isaiah, publisher of Leadership Newspapers.
- Best Music Collaborations of 2014 [Leadership]As 2014 draws to a close, we look back at collaborations that hit the airwaves during the year. ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM and SAMUEL ABULUDE profile the biggest musical collaborations of 2014, with the help of some prominent DJs and presenters.
- Nollywood Divorcees Of 2014: Ini Edo, Uche Iwuji Top List Of Actresses With Broken Marriage
- Nollywood Actress Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Official White Wedding Photos
- Ramsey Nouah’s 44th Birthday Party: Nollywood Celebrities Storm AY’s MVP Lounge In Lekki Lagos
- Angela Okorie Transforms Into Old Woman On Nollywood Movie Set [PHOTOS]
- Happy 34th Birthday To Iyabo Ojo, Nollywood New Bride-To-Be
- Photos: Nollywood Actress To Marry Colleague’s Ex-Husband December 27
- Nollywood Celebrities Stun@ Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Wedding, Fathia Balogun, Adaora Ukoh Storm Rivers
- Ibinabo Fiberesima’s White Wedding Photos: AGN President & American Husband Drags Nollywood To Okrika
- Nigeria Bubbling For Christmas: Peter Okoye, Omoni Oboli & Rukky Sanda Decorate Xmas Tree
- Stella Damasus ‘The Man’ Is A Gospel Song..Listen
- Newly Married Ibinabo Fiberesima’s Baby Father, Fred Amata Misses Wedding, Praises Her Online
- Ramsey Nouah & Desmond Elliot Join AY To Celebrates 30 Days In Atlanta Movie Success At Silverbird Ikeja Lagos
- Photos: AGN President Ibinabo Fiberesima & Uche Egbuka Traditional Wedding In Okrika Rivers State
- Victor Essiet: Nigerian Policemen Pulled My Private Part & Told Me Dey Drink Human Blood & Kill Daily
- Photos & Names Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers Sentenced To Death For Mutiny
- Photo: Abia University, ABSU Graduate Arrested For Stealing Car Promises To Do Thanksgiving If Freed
- Photos: Black Gang Member Killed 2 New York Cops, NYPD Police Officers To Revenge Eric Garner Death
- Photo: Texas-Based Nigerian Couple Killed By Robbers During Vacation In Nigeria
- Photos: Nigerian Business Woman Killed Herself In New York, Titi Branch Commits Suicide
- Photos From Military Ambush Attack That Killed Over 100 Boko Haram Fighters
- 102 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed By Soldiers In Borno While Trying To Attack Engineers Working To Restore Power
- Evil Housemaids Go On Killing Spree In Lagos Nigeria, 2 Women Slaughtered Weeks Apart
- Peshawar School Massacre: Pakistan Hangs 2 Taliban Terrorists
- Photo: Nigerian Boy Stabs Dad For Refusing To Buy Him Christmas Clothes In Lagos
- In Pictures: The Travail Of Nigerian Women Trafficked To Italy To Work As Prostitutes
- 2 Nigerians Sentenced To Death In Osun State For Stealing Police Chickens
- Amaechi pledges to pay Nov, Dec salaries RIVERS State Governor Chibuike Amaechi yesterday assured workers of payment of December salary [Monday, 22 December 2014 10:46]
- International crimes are being committed in North East INTERNATIONAL crimes are being committed in some parts of the North East region where Boko Haram [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:15]
- Court jails witchdoctor 10 years for kidnapping A WITCH DOCTOR, Mr. Philip Itoje, has been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment with hard labour by [Monday, 22 December 2014 10:44]
- 25 APC aspirants want Bauchi primary election cancelled TWENTY defeated aspirants in the just concluded All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election in [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:13]
- NARTO assists children of Boko Haram victims THE Borno State chapter of the Nation Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO) has sponsored 40 [Monday, 22 December 2014 10:08]
- New solicitor-general urges quick dispensation of justice in Borno THE Borno State Solicitor-General and Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Justice, Simon Malgwi, [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:11]
- Biafra: Absence of trial judge stalls hearing of suspects HEARING In the treason case against 12 members of the Biafra Zionists Movement, (BZF) has [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:24]
- INEC writes PDP over Oyo primaries, Ladoja promises improved education standard CONTROVERSY over the primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State continued on [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:09]
- Enugu PDP petitions police over alleged forgery ‘It’s wild, in contempt of court’ says Eze THE contest over the People’s Democratic [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:21]
- Bankole, a usurper in Ogun PDP, say guber candidates supporters THE campaign group of Ogun State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial candidate, Gboyega [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:06]
- UPP names guber candidates in Abia, Imo and Kano PPA, APGA factions too THREE political parties which held their guber primaries in Abia state [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:19]
- FG pledges commitment to varsities growth, releases N5.6b to FUTA THE sum of N5.667 billion has been approved by the Federal Government for the execution of capital [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:03]
- Cleric laments state of the nation THE Catholic Bishop of Nnewi, Most Rev Hilary Odili Okeke has expressed concern over the poor state [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:17]
- FIRS shuts tax defaulting firms in Ondo THE Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) in Ondo State has shut down several companies and their [Monday, 22 December 2014 06:01]
- Mansard, Guinness, Skye Bank win Nigerian risk award THE 2014 edition of the Nigerian Risk Awards (NRA) organized by Conrad Clark Nigeria Limited in [Monday, 22 December 2014 00:00]
- Fiscal contraction may impede growth next year • CBN’s forex intervention hits $800 million THE uncertainties shrouding the nation’s fiscal [Sunday, 21 December 2014 17:38]
- OMFIF admits Moghalu, others to board THE Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum has appointed Franco Bassanini, Kingsley [Sunday, 21 December 2014 16:53]
- Direct investment for 88 economies hits $28tr THE Coordinated Direct Investment Survey (CDIS), a worldwide study of bilateral direct investment [Sunday, 21 December 2014 17:35]
- Austerity Galore, As Okonjo-Iweala Presents 2015 Budget Proposal • ‘National Budgets Fraught With Fraud’ • Tackle Corruption, ICAN Tells Govt FOLLOWING the [Saturday, 20 December 2014 17:51]
- Sterling Bank plans N31b multi-currency deal • To upgrade IT platform, reach 1000 ATM mark in 2015 STERLING Bank Plc may have set [Sunday, 21 December 2014 16:59]
- AFC seals pact on transport infrastructure financing AFRICA Finance Corporation (AFC) has signed a 50 million euro loan facility with the Port Autonome [Sunday, 21 December 2014 16:58]
- Industry Heads Chart Ways To Improve Corporate Management •CVL Honours Chris Ogunbanjo, Omolayole FOUNDER of the Centre for Values in Leadership’s (CVL), [Saturday, 20 December 2014 17:46]
- Unity Bank plans aggressive loan recovery, targets five NPL in 2016 UNITY Bank Plc said at the weekend that it would adopt peaceful resolution and where necessary [Sunday, 21 December 2014 16:57]
- RIL Awards N1m To Two Entrepreneurs TWO young entrepreneurs and alumni of Resource Intermediaries Limited (RIL) Finishing School have [Saturday, 20 December 2014 17:45]
- Video ban for diving a disaster, says Mourinho CHELSEA manager Jose Mourinho believes an independent panel retrospectively punishing divers would [Sunday, 21 December 2014 18:10]
- Winners emerge in Oba of Benin Chess tourney THE 2nd Benin Chess Tournament concluded over the weekend at Samuel Ogbemudia stadium, Benin City [Sunday, 21 December 2014 20:23]
- We fear no foes, Golden Eaglets coach Amuneke boasts As Nigeria draws host Niger, Zambia, Guinea COACH of the Nigerian U-17 team, the Golden Eaglets, [Sunday, 21 December 2014 21:05]
- Sports, Entertainment quiz show debuts in Lagos AS part of efforts to broaden the horizon of Nigerian youths in the area of sports and entrainment, [Sunday, 21 December 2014 20:21]
- Flying Eagles draw Cote dIvoire, Senegal, Congo NIGERIA’S U-20 team, the Flying Eagles, will seek to avenge defeat by Cote d’Ivoire at the 2015 [Sunday, 21 December 2014 21:05]
- LMC consoles Lobi Stars over Audu Sarkis death THE League Management Company (LMC) has commiserated with Lobi Stars on the death of their player, [Sunday, 21 December 2014 21:03]
- Yahaya gives Kano first Junior Tennis title MUSA Yahaya has won for Kano State her first junior tennis title, as he beat No. 1 seed, Ajanaku [Sunday, 21 December 2014 21:02]
- Liverpool escape another defeat Draw 2-2 with Arsenal, Borini sees red MARTIN Skrtel’s stoppage time header rescued Liverpool as [Sunday, 21 December 2014 21:00]
- Quadri, Oshonaike, Ojomo, others win NTTF awards AFRICAN champion, Aruna Quadri and veteran Funke Oshonaike have been named player of the year by [Sunday, 21 December 2014 20:24]
Kano-based economic analyst, Mallam Sani Shehu, has urged the Federal Government to take measures to prevent inflation following the diversification of the economy on taxation to finance its 2015 budget. He stated this on Sunday, in Katsina, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria. Shehu said that the call was necessary because the… [Read More…]
US cop killer had criminal record -Police The man who shot and killed two New York City police officers as they sat in their patrol car had posted angry messages on social media, ranting against the government and police, New York Police Department’s Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said Sunday. Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, also posted messages of self-loathing and despair and made 2-Comments-
President-Barack-Obama-says-he-plans-to-push-to-close-the-Guantanamo-Bay-detention-facility-during-his-final-two-years-in-office-—-potentially-fulfilling-a-major-campaign-promise-that-he-hasn’t-yet-accomplished.-“I’m-going-to-be-doing-everything-I-can-to-close-it,”-Obama-said-in-an-interview-with-CNN’s-Candy-Crowley-that… [Read-More…]-11-Pedestrians-injured-by-hit-and-run-driver-in-France">December 22, 2014 by CNN
President Barack Obama says he plans to push to close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility during his final two years in office — potentially fulfilling a major campaign promise that he hasn’t yet accomplished. “I’m going to be doing everything I can to close it,” Obama said in an interview with CNN’s Candy Crowley that… [Read More…]
11 Pedestrians injured by hit-and-run driver in France At least 11 people have been injured after a driver shouting “Allahu Akbar” (“God is greatest”) drove into pedestrians in eastern France, just a day after a man uttering the same words was killed in an attack on police officers. Two of the people injured in Sunday’s car attack in the city of Dijon were Leave-a-Comment-
Haiti’s-health-minister-has-been-named-as-the-country’s-interim-prime-minister,-replacing-Laurent-Lamothe,-who-resigned-following-several-weeks-of-protests.-Florence-Duperval-Guillaume’s-temporary-appointment-on-Sunday-is-part-of-an-effort-to-resolve-a-mounting-political-crisis-over-long-delayed-elections.-Lamothe’s resignation-a-week-ago came-after-international-warnings-from-the-United-States-and… [Read-More…]-N’Korea-threatens-US-over-hacking-claims">December 22, 2014 by aljazeera
Haiti’s health minister has been named as the country’s interim prime minister, replacing Laurent Lamothe, who resigned following several weeks of protests. Florence Duperval Guillaume’s temporary appointment on Sunday is part of an effort to resolve a mounting political crisis over long-delayed elections. Lamothe’s resignation a week ago came after international warnings from the United States and… [Read More…]
N’Korea threatens US over hacking claims North Korea has said US President Barack Obama is “recklessly” spreading rumors of a Pyongyang-orchestrated cyberattack on Sony Pictures and warned of strikes against “the whole US mainland, that cesspool of terrorism.” Pyongyang specifically threatened the White House and the Pentagon in a long statement from the powerful National Defense Commission late on Sunday. Such North 205-Comments-
The-Buhari-2015-Support-Group-Centre-on-Sunday-flayed-the-over-N21.27bn-donated-to-President-Goodluck-Jonathan -by-businessmen,-multinationals-and-the-Peoples-Democratic-Party-governors -to-finance-his-2015-presidential-election-campaign.-The -oil-and-gas-sector,-doled-out-N5bn;-road-and-construction,-N560m;-power,-N500m-and-Chief-Tunde-Ayeni-and-his-associates,-gave… [Read-More…]-NLC-protests-planned-sacking,-rejects-salaries">December 22, 2014 by John Alechenu and Olusola Fabiyi
The Buhari 2015 Support Group Centre on Sunday flayed the over N21.27bn donated to President Goodluck Jonathan by businessmen, multinationals and the Peoples Democratic Party governors to finance his 2015 presidential election campaign. The oil and gas sector, doled out N5bn; road and construction, N560m; power, N500m and Chief Tunde Ayeni and his associates, gave… [Read More…]
NLC protests planned sacking, rejects salaries The Nigeria Labour Congress, Kogi State chapter, has directed civil servants in the state to reject their December salaries to protect the jobs of over 6,000 workers slated for sack by the government. The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the NLC gave the directive on Sunday in Lokoja, in a communique issued at the 6-Comments-
The-United-States-based-Nigerian-health-professionals,-comprising-medical-doctors,-nurses-and-pharmacists-on-medical-mission-in-Abia-State,-said-they-would-be-quarantined-for-21-days-for-Ebola-virus-when-they-return-to-the-US.-The-leader-of-the-75-man-team-and-the-National-President-of-Abia-State-National-Association-of-North-America,-Dr.-Christian… [Read-More…]-2015:-Group-seeks-database-for-IDPs">December 22, 2014 by Stephen Uka
The United States-based Nigerian health professionals, comprising medical doctors, nurses and pharmacists on medical mission in Abia State, said they would be quarantined for 21 days for Ebola virus when they return to the US. The leader of the 75-man team and the National President of Abia State National Association of North America, Dr. Christian… [Read More…]
2015: Group seeks database for IDPs The Save-A Child Foundation, a non-governmental organisation, has called on the Federal Government to create databases for internally displaced persons across the country before the 2015 elections. It said the growing number of displaced persons posed security risks in places where they were found as the identities of most IDPs were not known. The Founder, 11-Comments-
The-House-of-Representatives-said-on-Sunday-that-it-would-appeal-the-judgment-of-an-Abuja-Federal-High-Court,-which-forbade-it-from-summoning-the-Minister-of-Petroleum-Resources,-Mrs.-Diezani-Alison-Madueke.-In-a-judgement-given-on-Wednesday-last-week,-the-presiding-judge,-Justice-Ahmed-Mohammed,-also-halted-the-Houses-probe-of-the-N10bn-the… [Read-More…]-Ijaw-youths-threaten-attack-on-Buharis-supporters">December 22, 2014 by John Ameh
The House of Representatives said on Sunday that it would appeal the judgment of an Abuja Federal High Court, which forbade it from summoning the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke. In a judgement given on Wednesday last week, the presiding judge, Justice Ahmed Mohammed, also halted the Houses probe of the N10bn the… [Read More…]
Ijaw youths threaten attack on Buharis supporters Ijaw youths have threatened to attack supporters of the presidential candidate for the All Progressives Congress, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), in southern part of Nigeria. The youths said on Sunday that they would visit Buharis supporters in the South with violence if the loyalists of President Goodluck Jonathan should be attacked in the North. The
- Kenya: Nokia staff spared the axe According to Business Daily, Nokia staff based in Kenya have been spared the axe in Microsoft’s global retrenchment plan. The global retrenchment plan is expected to be concluded in January 2015. Kunle Awosika, the Microsoft Kenya country manager, stated that Nokia Kenya has been excluded from the purge. This is due to it handling mostly ...
- ITU launches Ebola-Info-Sharing mobile app ITU has launched a free mobile Application to be used in the campaign against the Ebola disease outbreak. The “Ebola-Info-Sharing” mobile App facilitates coordination among organisations responding to the Ebola crisis and offers the general public access...
- 2014′s Most Important Africans in Tech The technology space in Africa is growing at an exponential rate. Naturally, the African continent is booming with potential in this sector. Over the past few months, we have seen a great number of influential technology leaders as well as entrepreneurs greet...
- IT News Africa: Top Stories of the Week Christmas is literally just around the corner now. With the festive season in full swing, it’s time to brave shopping malls as well as endure the wait for packages that should be arriving from online retailers just before Christmas day. To inspire gift...
- Nairobi: Traffic jams set to drive consumers online The fear of getting stuck in traffic jams dotted with thousands of stationary vehicles in a bottleneck entry into Kenya’s capital is what has led to the shift in consumer trends as residents move to shop online, this is according to online retailer Jumia....
- Nigeria planning to protect ICT infrastructure Nigeria’s ICT minister Omobola Johnson, who spoke during an appraisal of her ministry’s 2014 score card in Abuja, has stated that a draft legislation, which will help protect critical national ICT infrastructure from wanton destruction by vandals...
- Kenya: Safaricom promotes fuel payments over M-Pesa Kenyan operator, Safaricom, has revealed an instant rewards system to incentivise customers who pay for fuel using the Lipa Na M-Pesa platform. According to Safaricom, over 134,000 motorists have already received free talk time on the Safaricom network for...
- Kenya: Mobile Matrix unveils PesaCalc App Mobile Matrix, a Kenyan app developer, has revealed its latest app – PesaCalc. According to the developer, PesaCalc is a free Android app that assists mobile money users in Kenya to save money when using the mobile money services. In a statement to...
- Nigeria: ICT attracts USD 6 Billion in FDI ICT Minister, Omobola Johnson, has revealed that Nigeria’s ICT sector has attracted more than USD 6 Billion in Foreign Direct Investments over the last three years. Speaking during the 2014 Ministerial Platform in the country’s second largest city...
- Kenya to receive M-SASA mobile payment platform Dubai Bank Kenya has revealed a partnership with Rapid Communications. The partnership aims to launch a mobile banking platform called M-SASA. According to both parties, M-SASA will allow clients to check their balances, request mini-statements, deposit and...
- East Africa: 2015 Predictions for Businesses 2015 looks to be a great year for growth and innovation within the East African business community. Along with significant increases in tourism and advances in technology (for example, more robust mobile and Internet connections), we are seeing a much higher...
- Top Google Searches of 2014 in Africa Google has released a list of the Top 10 Global Trending Searches throughout 2014. Each year, Google releases a list of the topics that individuals have searched for the most over the past 12 months. Additionally, Google has also revealed the Top 10 Google...
- Tanzania: Huawei launches Ascend Mate 7 Huawei has launched its Ascend Mate7 in the Tanzanian market. According to Peter Zhang, Huawei Country Manager: “The recommended retail price of the smartphone is about TZS 1 million and it will be available in most key retailers.” The Ascend Mate...
- IDC reveals Top 10 ICT Predictions for 2015 With 2014 coming to a close, the International Data Corporation (IDC) has released the Top 10 ICT predictions for Africa in 2015. The predictions were unveiled by the following members of the IDC: Mark Walker: Regional Director – Sub-Saharan Africa, IDC...
- Video Interview: The quest for service provider collaboration – Cisco CTO Paolo Campoli is the Head of Middle East & Africa Global SP Sales and SP CTO for the EMEA Sales Region at Cisco. His responsibilities include direct Sales leadership for Global Service Providers accounts in the ME&A region, managing the entire...
- Rwanda: Airtel to divest telecom tower assets to IHS Bharti Airtel, through its subsidiary company Bharti Airtel International, and IHS Holding Limited (IHS) have revealed an agreement under in which IHS will acquire over 1100 telecoms towers across two countries. According to Airtel, the agreement will allow...
- Hoodlums disrupt church service in Ondo, fl og offi ciating pastor About 10 hoodlums yesterday, invaded a church at the Ondo State capital, Akure, disrupting the weekly service, while the officiating pastor was seriously flogged by the invaders. It was gathered… ...
- FUOYE VC debunks protesting workers’ allegations Vice Chancellor, of the Federal University, Oye Ekiti, FUOYE, Professor Isaac Azuzu, has described as frivolous, allegations levied against him by staff of the institution during their protest last Thursday.… ...
- Police assure of hitch-free yuletide Lagos State Police C o m m i s s i o n e r, Kayode Aderanti, has assured Lagosians of a hitch-free celebration of the yuletide. Aderanti reiterated the… ...
- Over 13m people displaced in Africa –AU The African Union has said that more than 13 million people have been displaced in Africa as a result of political crises and activities of insurgents. Commissioner in charge of… ...
- Labour vows to resist sack of 6,000 Kogi workers State Executive Council of the Organised Labour in Kogi State has vowed to resist the state government’s plan to sack 6,000 civil servants. The labour union has urged workers to… ...
- Boko Haram: Minimah’s wife calls for prayer Wife of the Chief of Army Staff, Felly Minimah ,has called on members of the Nigerian Army Officers Wives Association, NAOWA, to intensified prayers against continued attacks by the Boko… ...
- Over 200,000 benefit from SURE-P in Katsina No less than 200,000 youths and women across the 34 council areas of Katsina State have benefited from one empowerment or the other, by the Subsidy Re–Investment and Empowerment Programme,… ...
- Kidnap of ASUU boss’ wife: Security agents monitor border towns Following the abduction in Osogbo of Mrs. Funmilayo Abiona, wife of chairman of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Osun State University, Uniosun chapter, at the weekend by gunmen, detectives… ...
- Vote out bad leaders, Swedish envoy charges Nigerians With the 2015 general elections two months away, the Swedish Ambassador to Ghana and Nigeria, Mr. Svante Kilander, has charged Nigerians to make good use of the opportunity by electing… ...
- Lagos tasks residents on Ebola prevention In a bid to ensure Lagos remains Ebola-free, the state government has asked residents to be mindful of what they do, eat and drink during the yuletide celebrations. Commissioner for… ...
Lagos guber: APC has better candidate
BY NDUBUISI ORJI Hon. Adeola Olamilakun is the All Prpgressives Congress(APC) senatorial candidate for Lagos… ...2015: We’ll ensure Jonathan’s victory –Kalu
Former governor of Abia State and founding member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr.… ...United Nigeria in our best interest – ABC Nwosu
BY IHEANACHO NWOSU, ABUJA Prof ABC Nwosu, former minister of health and member of the… ...Lagos: Ambode’s deputy unveiled
BY RAZAQ BAMIDELE Last week, the All Progressives Congress (APC), eventually unveiled the female running… ...Emperor’ll not succeed me as Rivers gov –Amaechi
From CHRIS ANUCHA, Port Harcourt Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, has said an… ...APC presidential primary: Despite coming second, I feel like a winner, says Kwankwaso
FROM DESMOND MGBOH, KANO Kano State Governor, Engineer Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso was the runner up… ...2015 Presidency: Balarabe Musa explodes
….says, it’s neither Jonathan nor Buhari FROM NOAH EBIJE, KADUNA A former Governor of Kaduna State,… ...Buhari’ll bring back dictatorship –Mu’azu
FROM TAIWO AMODU, ABUJA National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu… ...Bode George suffering post-traumatic stress disorder –Obanikoro
Immediate past Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro has replied the former Deputy… ...Anambra stands still as APGA flags off campaigns
FROM GEOGREY ANYANWU, AWKA and DOM EKPUNOBI, ONITSHA Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State yesterday… ...Why Pope honoured Obi –Cleric
Catholic Bishop of Awka Diocese, Most Revd Dr. Paulinus Okeke has explained that former governor… ...Burial tragedy: 23 die in Cross River auto crash
From JUDEX OKORO, Calabar Tragedy occurred in Akamkpa Local Government Area of Cross River State,… ...DSS launches operation crush Boko Haram in 2015
From ROMANUS UGWU, Abuja The Directorate of State Service (DSS), has warned that the service… ...2015: SERAP drags PDP, APC to court over failure to disclose spending
A civil society group, Socio- Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has dragged the All… ...My campaign will be based on issues –Buhari
Former military head of state and presidential standard-bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen… ...Burial tragedy: 23 perish in auto crash in C’River
From: JUDEX OKORO, Calabar Tragedy hit Awi community in Akamkpa Local Government… ...Hoodlums invade church in Akure, beat pastor to pulp
Crisis yesterday erupted in a branch of the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) located in Akure,… ...Peter Obi’s Papal Knighthood
FROM VALENTINE OBIENYEM The concept of granting dignities and honouring people who have distinguished themselves in… ...Obasanjo is part of Nigeria’s problem–Bishop Chukwuma
He’s reaping the fruit of his selfishness BY CHUKS EZE Emmanuel Chukwuma, the Anglican Archbishop… ...Nursing mother blown to death
■ One-year-old baby cries and cries ■ I can’t cater for our 6 children alone… ...Weak financial stimulus bane of entreprenuership devt in Nigeria – Obiaraeri
BY CHINENYE ANUFORO AND TOCHUKWU ONUMMADU Nigeria remains the biggest economy in West Africa. Looking at… ...New Computer Village to gulp N20bn
BY EMEKA ANOKWURU The relocation of the popular Lagos Computer Village, Ikeja, to its permanent… ...N500m airlines’ capitalisation inadequate –Aeronautical Committee
FROM WALTER UKAEGBU, ABUJA Chairman, Committee on Aeronautical Charges, Mr. Ahonsi Unuigbe, has frowned at… ...Over 50m subscribers dump mobile lines–Investigation
BY OLABISI OLALEYE Over 50 million telecommunications subscribers across the mobile networks have dumped their… ...Vision, commitment mean more business –Uduikhie, MD, Data-Point Microsystems
BY EMMANUEL OGBAJE AND GINIKANWA CHIAMAKA Lucky Uduikhie is the proud owner and Managing Director… ... I got my turning point when I started picture framing business – Ohaekwu
Ohaekwu, MD, Ken-Vic International Company BY HENRY OKONKWO Picture framing is one of the many small… ...To float a successful brand, target value, not money – MUDI AFRICA LTD
At highbrow area of Anthony Village, Lagos, the name, Mr. Clement Mudiaga Enajemo, may not… ...Nigeria makes further efforts to defend currency
Nigeria’s central bank has brought in further measures to support its currency, the naira. Buyers… ...Orijin’s success ’ll boost RoI – Guinness
Guinness Nigeria Plc has assured its shareholders of enhanced value of their investment as its latest product, Orijin, continues to break even in the market place just as it stated that the reduction in this year’s dividend was not a sign of distress. ...Businesses grounded as Apapa gridlock defies solution
Despite the Federal Government’s intervention in addressing the persistent traffic gridlock in Apapa, the ugly development appears insurmountable as vehicles now spend over 24 hours to move from Mile 2 to Apapa wharf. ...I’m really proud of my parents– Jeniffer Olize
Jeniffer Olize is not your average girl. She is a dream chaser. Music meets Runway… ...Ondo agog for Bisi Alawiye-Aluko’s Prophetic Praise
Gospel singer, Evangelist Bisi Alawiye- Aluko will host fans, dignitaries and her colleagues in the… ...NIGERIA Fashion Week 2014 with Agatha Ruiz de la Prada
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU With well over 103 local and international brands participating in both the… ...OBJ, my favorite leader –George Inyang
BY FAVOUR ONWUKA George O. Inyang, an architect is the Deputy Director, Planning, Research and… ...Hakeem-Bello Osagie hosts Femi Kuti
-Says: My dream was to be a pop star Former banking czar and chairman, Chocolate… ...The Dragons now airs on TV
The highly anticipated Pan African drama series, The Dragons, made its debut on Friday December… ...Tuface, Madinga to co-host AFRIMA
One of the most successful African artistes, Tuface Idibia and broadcaster/ music presenter, Madinga Sona… ...Male fan sexually harassed me –Ovo Gabriel, actress
BY DAMILOLA FATUNMISE Fast rising actress, presenter and model, Ovo Gabriel, dumped her degree to… ...At last, Ibinabo Fiberesima says ‘I do’
Actress and AGN president, Ibinabo Fiberessima, has finally tied the knot to her beau, Uche,… ...My relationship with Mike Aremu –Jessy J, American Queen of Jazz
By Tony Ogaga Erhariefe American Queen of Jazz, Jessica Ellen Cornish also known as Jessy… ...
- Global airlines’ profit to rise to $25bn in 2015 - On the back of lowered oil prices and stronger worldwide Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth, the airline industry profit is set to rise to $25 billion in 2015. The airlines are however expected to post a collective global net profit of some $19.9 billion in 2014 (up from the $18bn projected in June). According to a data released by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), consumers will benefit substantially from
- InterSwitch ranked fastest growing tech firm on Deloitte Technology Africa Fast 50, 2014 - InterSwitch, a pan-African integrated payments processing and transaction switching company, has been ranked first on the Deloitte Technology Africa Fast 50, 2014, a ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in Africa. Rankings are based on percentage revenue growth over five years. A statement quoting the report from Deloitt said InterSwitch’s revenue grew 1,226
- e-Nigeria 2014: Focussing on technology start ups and young innovators - e-Nigeria has evolved to become Nigeria’s most viable annual Information Technology (IT) summit organized by NITDA in collaboration with all ICT stakeholders in both private and public sector. The conference has become a formidable platform for ICT awareness creation, developing appropriate framework and setting goals for best practices in order to encourage appropriate positioning of
- Foundation transforming youth entrepreneurs for greater impact - Ashoka, an international fellowship with a wide network of social entrepreneurs, is transforming youth entrepreneurs for greater impact in their various societies. The need for youth empowerment through entrepreneurship was the high point of bringing youth together under the auspices of Ashoka innovators at a recent meeting which took place at Best Western Hotel, Ikeja.
- Microsoft Ventures partner 88mph to support startups - As part of the Microsoft 4Afrika initiative, Microsoft Ventures, in partnership with 88mph, will be helping to improve startups’ productivity by offering tools, resources, expertise and routes to market around the world. According to a statement released by Microsoft, Amrote Abdella, director of Startup Engagement and Partnerships, Microsoft Africa Initiatives recently stated, “There is a
- No room for quacks in advertising industry – APCON registrar - The Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON) weekend said that it would do all it could to rid the advertising industry of quacks. Garba Kankarofi, the registrar of APCON, spoke in Lagos at the long service award ceremony organised to honour some of the council’s members of staff. He said that the council could not
- Auto Policy: BATN acquires 11 units of PAN Nigeria’s Peugeot cars - The new automotive policy introduce last year by the federal government seems to be gaining traction as early local assemblers who seems to share the same vision, belief and optimism of the new order appear to be breaking new marketing grounds. Last Wednesday, British American Tobacco (BAT) in Nigeria located in Lagos took delivery of a total of 11 units of different
- CLS:Luxurious, sleeky and sophisticated - Mercedes-Benz, which led the four-door coupe segment with the CLS class, has given the 2015 models model a sexier and sleeker look. The refreshed second-generation CLS has more elements befitting its name CLS that is “chic, luxurious and sophisticated.” Its design has been retouched with a honed front section, while interior details and technological features have been upgraded. For the 2015 model,
- ‘Phone Swap’, ‘Tango with Me’ goes on DVD - Be t t er days are ahead for Nollywood as G-Media has taken the giant step to curb piracy with its recent release of the famous romantic movie produced by Mahmoud Alli-Balogun and Kunle Afolayan’s famous comedy, Phone Swap on DVD. Gabriel Okoye, otherwise known as Igwe Gabosky, says his outfit, G-Media is set out to revolutionise Nollywood when it comes to distribution. “What we are doing is taking a step to set a standardand
- ICAN, NDDC to boost accounting education in Northern Nigeria - The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and the New Nigeria Development Company (NNDC) Limited will be signing a new agreement to further their partnership toward raising the quality of accounting education in the Northern part of the country through the ICAN Students Special Project (SSP). The signing ceremony, which will take place at
- I warned Keshi on President’s request — Onigbinde More prominent Nigerian coaches are beginning to voice out their frustrations over the sit-tight attitude being employed by the out-of-contract Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi who is bent on continuing as coach of the national team [December 22, 2014]
- Ike Uche thrilled to end 2014 on a high Nigeria international Ikechukwu Uche has expressed happiness after his team ended the year with a resounding victory over Deportivo La Coruna on Sunday. [December 21, 2014]
- Don’t repeat Eguaveon’s mistake, Amadu warns Siasia Nigeria Football Federation secretary-general, Musa Amadu has warned coach of the nation’s Under-23 team not to rely on foreign based players for his qualification campaign for the Rio 2016 Olympics, a mistake, which caused the ‘Olympic Eagles’ the chance of playing in the London 2012 Games. [December 21, 2014]
- FIFA rankings: Falcons shame Eagles, remain Africa’s best Unlike their male counterparts, the Super Eagles who have been toppled by less fancied African teams in FIFA and CAF rankings, African women champions, the Super Falcons of Nigeria, have climbed three places in the year end Fifa ranking for women. [December 21, 2014]
- My wife’s like my manager West Brom striker Brown Ideye says he is usually rated by his wife and questioned by his son after every game for The Baggies. [December 21, 2014]
- Football devt: Return to Academicals — Uzokwe tells NFF Ex-international Evans Uzokwe has tasked the Nigeria Football Federation to strengthen the mechanism for development of players at the grassroots level in order to make the national team have more players from home. [December 21, 2014]
- Ekpoikong, Ikegbunam brothers rule Benin Chess tourney Ekpoikong Unwana Eugene has emerged champion of the just concluded 2nd Benin Chess tournament. He emerged champion in the masters series,without losing a game after seven rounds. [December 21, 2014]
- 2015 Women’s World Cup: Falcons can get to the semis — Ikhana Former Super Falcons coach, Kadiri Ikhana has disclosed that the success of the Super Falcons at the 2015 Fifa Women’s World Cup Canada is hinged on the support they get from the Nigeria Football Federation. [December 21, 2014]
- Jonathan deserve a second term to continue the good work – Yobo Former captain of the Super Eagles, Joseph Yobo, on Friday led a group known as PDP Ward 2 Ward Initiative to the Presidential Villa Abuja to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan for second term. [December 20, 2014]
- Tide turns against Keshi The tide appears to have been turned against out-of-contract Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi, who not only has lost the support of his coaches fraternity but now seems to be enmeshed in an endless waiting game for the NFF to offer him a new deal as reportedly directed by the Presidency. [December 20, 2014]
- Siasia: Don’t expect miracles from me Dream Team Coach Samson Siasia has admitted that producing another Olympic team for Nigeria is a big challenge and has pleaded for time to make things happen. [December 20, 2014]
- Flying Eagles crush Highlanders 10-0 Nigeria Amateur side, Highlanders FC were the latest team to suffer defeat to the Manu Garba led Flying Eagles, losing 10-0 in a friendly game on Friday. [December 19, 2014]
- Eagles slump, ends 2014 outside top 40 African champions, Nigeria will end 2014 in 43rd place in the monthly Fifa rankings released by the world football governing body yesterday in Zurich. [December 19, 2014]
- Ike Uche signs new deal Ikechukwu Uche has signed a contract extension at Villarreal until 2017, the player has revealed. [December 19, 2014]
- Eguavoen eyes NFF Presidency Former Super Eagles captain and coach Austin Eguavoen has revealed that he wants to become the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). [December 19, 2014]
- Curtain falls on Benin Chess tourney The grand finale of the 2nd Benin Chess Tournament comes up today at the indoor sports hall, Samuel Ogbemudia stadium, Benin City. [December 19, 2014]
- Arsenal youngsters ready to star for Nigeria Arsenal youngsters Chuba Akpom and Semi Ajayi have expressed interest to feature in Nigeria’s AFCON warm-ups against Cote d’Ivoire and Mali in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, next month. [December 18, 2014]
- FIFA closes petitions on Pinnick Football’s world governing body, FIFA, has quashed any hopes Iyke Igbokwe and Okechukwu Ajunwa may have harboured regarding the former’s petition against Amaju Pinnick’s election as President of the Nigeria Football Federation after insisting on upholding the earlier decision reached by the majority of the NFF’s Electoral and Appeals Committee. [December 18, 2014]
- New tests claim Cameroonian footballer died after beating New post-mortem tests claim Cameroonian footballer Albert Ebosse died in Algeria as a result of a beating rather than being hit by a projectile. [December 18, 2014]
- Teams thrill fans at OML 58 football tournament The 2014 OML 58 football tournament is in its second week and lots of matches have been decided between the sixteen communities that are vying for honours. [December 18, 2014]
- FIFA clears Ukoh to play for Nigeria The Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA) on Thursday, cleared former Swiss Under-20 international, Steven Ukoh to represent Nigeria at senior level. [December 18, 2014]
- Ajetunmobi, Atinuke, others in race for titles at NTTF President’s Cup Foreign-based duo of Seun Ajetunmobi and Olaide Atinuke as well as Fatimo Bello and 50 year-old Taofeek Maya are in race for the titles at the end-of-the-year Nigeria Table Tennis Federation (NTTF) organised tagged President’s Cup. [December 18, 2014]
- NFF congratulates MFM on World Cup triumph The Nigeria Football Federation has congratulated the MFM Football Club on its victory at the inaugural Church World Cup which ended in Goa, India on Sunday. [December 18, 2014]
- Don’t cry for Nigeria – Okocha Ex-international Austin Okocha is still ruing the failure of the Super Eagles to qualify for the African Cup of Nations. [December 18, 2014]
- Olympic team move to Uyo The Chief Coach of the national U-23 men’s football team, Dream Team VI, Samson Siasia has proposed that the team use the nest of champions, Uyo, as the home ground of the team in its pursuit of seeking qualification for the All Africa Games and Olympic Games football event. [December 18, 2014]
- Olympic team to tackle Junior Pharaohs The Chief Coach of the national U-23 men’s football team, Dream Team VI, Samson Siasia has commended the board of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, for arranging top grade friendly games for the team as they prepare for the qualifiers in February 2015. [December 18, 2014]
- Rufai celebrates STARUF academy The Staruf Football Academy will on Friday celebrate five years of its existence. The celebration will hold at the Sharaton Hotels and Towers Ikeja Lagos tomorrow. [December 18, 2014]
- Eagles to play Elephants, Les Aiglons in Abu Dhabi In kick –starting its pledge to ensure that the Senior National Team, Super Eagles is engaged for all the FIFA –free days available next year, the Nigeria Football Federation has secured two international friendly matches for the team prior to the 30th Africa Cup of Nations finals. [December 18, 2014]
- NNPC Tennis Masters: Bulus rebounds to beat No.1 seed Christopher Bulus from Lagos rebounded from a first round robin loss to Tochukwu Ezeh from Onitsha to beat Chris Itodo from Kaduna 9-8 . Itodo will have to beat Ezeh and David Amusu from Lagos to finish first. [December 17, 2014]
- Appiah shows Keshi the way Former Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah has taken over at Sudanese club SC Khartoum on a two-year contract. [December 17, 2014]
- Go, Keshi Go! Amodu opens exit door for embattled coach Newly appointed technical director of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Shuaibu Amodu has told the out-of-contract chief coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi to honourably resign whatever working relationship he has with the NFF so as to give the country the opportunity to reposition its football. [December 17, 2014]
- NTTF President’s Cup serves off The maiden edition of the end-of-the-year Nigeria Table Tennis Federation (NTTF) organized top 16 Championship tagged President’s Cup serves off today (Wednesday) December 17 at the Molade Okoya Thomas Hall of Teslim Balogun Stadium. [December 17, 2014]