Welcome. Nairaland for Nigerians & Friends.
||Nigerian Statistics Monitor
|2000 ||2019 ||Change ||2050
|123,945,463 ||200,962,417 ||62.1 % ||391,296,754
|Population by state|
|4||Abuja ||3,000,000 |
|Top Nigerian Universities|
|1||University of Lagos - Lagos|
|2||University of Ilorin - Ilorin|
|3||Ahmadu Bello University - Zaria|
|4||Obafemia Awolowo University - Ile Ife|
|5||University of Nigeria - Nsukka|
|6||University of Ibadan - Ibadan|
|7||Covenant University - Ota|
|8||Federal University of Technology, Minna - Minna|
|9||Landmark University – Omu - Aran|
|10||Rivers State University of Science and Technology - Port Harcourt|
|Country - infections (deaths) (recovered)
|Health care for just N350/month
SOSO CARE is a new micro health insurance selling at just N350. With N350 monthly payment, you can access care at any of our 991 partner hospitals in all states for treatment up to N220,000. With our mandate to cover millions of Nigerians, we have received support and validation from UN Habitat and World Bank. To learn more about SOSO CARE visit our https://sosocare.com/ OR call our office 08163471359.
- How Nigeria, others can achieve long-term peace, stability – Buhari "In the past six years, our government took very painful but necessary decisions to invest for a long-term prosperous future, ...
- LIVE: Oyo Holds Agribusiness Summit Oyo State is holding its 2021 Agriculture Business Summit. The event brings together stakeholders in line with Governor Seyi ...
- South-West partnership: Sanwo-Olu opens Ekiti liaison office, governor’s lodge in Lagos Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has opened Ekiti State Liaison Office and Governor’s Lodge at GRA Ikeja. Sanwo-Olu ...
- Social media: World War III will be caused by fake news, says Lai Mohammed Minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed has opined that the spread of fake news may cause World War III, People ...
- Nigeria Records 711 New COVID-19 Cases, Two Deaths As the battle to curb the spread of COVID-19 continues, Nigeria has recorded 711 fresh cases and two deaths from the virus.
- Consumer’s rewire prioritise & take action on environment, waste & health Consumer’s rewire prioritise & take action on environment, waste & health: Our Bureau, Mumbai: Tetra Pak unveils how Covid-19 has mad ...
- Jise food delivery app raises $100,000 Angel Funding, officially starts operations in Lagos Jise, Nigeria’s first food-only delivery platform has today announced that its food service app is now LIVE. Jise, led by 4 ...
- Tag: Tordue Salem Journalists on Monday stormed the police headquarters in Abuja to protest over the continued Tordue Salem, a journalist with ...
- Famidah Yussuf: Innovative Teenager Wins Award for Creating Robot that Solves Health Problems A young girl, Famidah Yussuf, 14, from Nigeria, has emerged as The Next Robotic Legend. It is a positive initiative of Union ...
- US To Weigh Authorizing Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine For Younger Children The Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine is prepared for administration at a vaccination clinic. Frederic J. BROWN / AFP A high-level medical panel of US government advisors will meet Tuesday to decide whether to ...
- Alleged N7.1bn Fraud: FG Appeals Judgement Prohibiting Retrial Of Orji Uzor Kalu The Federal Government has asked the Court of Appeal in Abuja, to order a fresh trial in an alleged N7.1billion laundering charge against the former Governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu.
- Legendary Former Rangers Manager Walter Smith Dies, Aged 73 Former Scotland and Rangers manager Walter Smith has died at the age of 73, the Glasgow giants confirmed on Tuesday. “It is with profound sadness that we announce the passing of our former manager, ...
- Man jailed 14 months for stealing prostitutes’ phones A 27-year-old man, Ejiro Tega, is to spend the next 14 months in the Kirikiri Correctional Centre for stealing phones from ...
- Women Protest The World’s ‘Silence’ Over Crisis In Afghanistan Women activists in Kabul held up signs that read “why is the world watching us die in silence?” on Tuesday, protesting the ...
- ‘Nigeria’s DoorDash’, Jise raises $100k pre-seed funding, launches food delivery in Lagos Lagos-based online food delivery company, Jise, taunted as 'Nigeria's DoorDash', raises $100k pre-seed funding, launches food ...
- Nigerian journalists demand probe over colleague missing for two weeks Journalists in the Nigerian capital are demanding authorities probe the disappearance of a colleague who has been missing for ...
- Security Operatives Intercept Diesel Taken To Suspected Bandits’ Camp Security operatives from the 207 Quick Response Group of Nigerian Airforce Base Gusau, on Tuesday, intercepted about 1,000 Litres of Automotive Gas Oil (diesel) heading to a location suspected to be ...
- Nigeria launches eNaira digital currency Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari launched the country's new digital eNaira currency on Monday as Africa's largest economy ...
- Autochek secures $13.1 million seed funding to scale its technology and accelerate expansion Autochek, the automotive technology company facilitating auto financing across Africa, has today secured $13.1 million in ...
- UN ‘Alarmed’ As Somalia Fighting Displaces 100,000 The UN warned Tuesday of severe humanitarian problems in central Somalia after 100,000 people were displaced by fighting ...
- President Buhari Arrives Saudi Arabia For Future Investment Summit President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday arrived Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for the Future Investment Initiative Institute conference.
- Alleged N7.1bn Fraud: FG Appeals Judgement Prohibiting Retrial Of Orji Uzor Kalu A photo collage of Orji Kalu and a court gave The Federal Government has asked the Court of Appeal in Abuja, to order a ...
- China Locks Down City Of Four Million Over COVID-19 Cases China placed a city of four million under lockdown on Tuesday in a bid to stamp out a domestic coronavirus spike, with ...
- Tag: Otoniel Born to a poor family, Otoniel joined the EPL, a Marxist guerrilla group that demobilized in 1991. A paramilitary fighter, he ...
- Yul Edochie Begs FG: Release Kanu and Igboho; Follow Line Of Peace, Dialogue - Popular Nollywood actor and aspiring presidential candidate, Yul Edochie, has appealed to the Federal government to release IPOB leader, Mazi ...
- Tiwa Savage And Tacha Dances Together To 'Somebody's Son' Song (Photo, Video) - Singer, Tiwa Savage and Reality TV Star, Tacha danced together to Tiwa Savage's 'Somebody's Son' Song, IgbereTV reports. Tiwa Savage s...
- "Some People Will Be Happy When I Am No More" — Tiwa Savage (Photo) - Days after her leaked sex video went viral, Singer, Tiwa Savage stated what she feels will happen when she ceases to exists, IgbereTV reports. ...
- Biafra : UN Issues ‘Urgent Appeals’ To Nigeria, Kenya, Seeking Explanation For Nnamdi Kanu’s Illegal Abduction - The United Nations has made “urgent appeals” to the Nigerian and Kenya governments to explain the ...
- Niger State Govt, NRC Partner To Revive Niger To Kaduna Operations - Going by the increasing cases of insecurity in the country including some parts of Niger State which has posed serious challenges to farmers in transpor...
- "My Money Can't Be From Married Men" - Tacha - Big Brother Naija star, Tacha has reacted to a post stating that her money is not from married men, IgbereTV reports. A Twitter user had tweeted that nobody can say th...
- Sen. Orji Kalu Pens Down Charming Message To Celebrate Wife's Birthday - From Kenneth Udeh Abuja Former Governor of Abia State and Chief Whip of the 9th Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu on Tuesday took to social media ...
- Blessing Okoro: Side Chics Are Karma To Married Women Who Dated Married Men - Relationship expert, Blessing Okoro, has stated that side chics are the karma of most married women, IgbereTV reports. According to her,...
- BREAKING!!! Bandits Attack Buhari’s Home State, Kill Over 6 Persons, Kidnap Others - Over six persons have been reportedly killed while several others were Kidnapped after suspected bandits attacked Unguwar Samanja vill...
- Sen. Anyim Spends Second Night In EFCC Custody Over N780m Fraud - Sen. Anyim Spends Second Night In EFCC Custody Over N780m Fraud | #IgbereTV A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pius Anyim, has spent ...
- Nigerian Twitter Ladies Admire Physical Looks Of Maria's Alleged Lover, Kelvin (Photos) - Nigerian ladies admired the physical looks of Maria's alleged lover, Kelvin after his photo was shared on Twitter, IgbereTV reports...
- Investment in Nigeria’s capital market up by 0.12% as shareholders gain N20bn - Investors at the Nigerian capital market pocketed N20billion following a 0.12 percent rise in equity capitalization at the close of trading...
- Hollywood Holds Vigil For Cinematographer Shot On Movie Set - Shell-shocked friends and colleagues of Halyna Hutchins gathered Sunday to pay tribute to the cinematographer who was killed when Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun...
- US Pauses $700mn In Aid To Sudan After Military Takeover - The United States on Monday suspended $700 million in aid to Sudan after a military takeover and urged the immediate restoration of a civilian government, IgbereT...
- Erdogan Steps Back From Threat To Expel Western Ambassadors - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan rowed back on Monday from his threat to expel 10 Western envoys over their joint statement of support for a jailed civil...
- Uganda Suffers Second Deadly Explosion In Two Days - At least one person died and several were wounded in an explosion on Monday on a bus near the Ugandan capital Kampala, police said, as President Yoweri Museveni suggest...
- Tesla Tops $1trn In Market Value As Hertz Deal Fuels Latest Surge - Tesla became the latest US tech giant to hit $1 trillion in market value Monday as investors cheered a large order from Hertz and shrugged off criticism ...
- Egypt Lifts State Of Emergency In Force Since 2017 - Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on Monday announced the lifting of the state of emergency in place since deadly jihadist attacks on Coptic Christian churches mo...
- Soldiers Open Fire On Protesters In Sudan After Military Coup - Crowds protested into the night in Sudan Monday to denounce a military coup, with chaos engulfing the capital Khartoum after soldiers opened fire on demonstr...
- Whitemoney Meets With Uti Nwachukwu (Photos) - Big Brother Naija season 6 winner, Whitemoney met with Uti Nwachukwu, winner of Big Brother Africa, IgbereTV reports. Uti Nwachukwu shared the photos of their meeting ...
- Nigeria launches eNaira amid hope, scepticism
- Associated Press
- Guardian Nigeria
- Gunmen kill 18 at mosque in northern Nigeria's Niger state -residents
- ABC News
- Nigeria's export market totters on infrastructure hortidaily.com
- Failed state? Why Nigeria's fragile democracy is facing an uncertain future The Guardian
- My father’s senseless murder must be a wake-up call for Nigeria The Guardian
- Gun for hire: Nigeria security fears spark boom in private protection Financial Times
- UN reaffirms commitment to ensuring peace and prosperity for all in Nigeria. WHO | Regional Office for Africa
- At least 25, including minors, died in illegal refinery blast in Nigeria Reuters
- Nigerian start-ups digitise local food supply chain Reuters
- Eight Nigerians bag UK awards for `breaking glass ceilings' Premium Times
- Opinion: Nigeria on the negotiation counter Vanguard
- Guilty of being Nigerian in Ghana Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria Back Saudi Arabia's Effort for OPEC to Resist Pressure to Pump More Oil Bloomberg
- Starting business in Nigeria Guardian
- Nigeria Vs. WSJ and The Economist, By Reuben Abati Premium Times
- Nigeria set to launch proudly made in Nigeria barite October 28 ― Adegbite Vanguard
- The Nigerian fish market where gods and commerce meet The Guardian
- Firm seals fintech deal in Nigeria with Baxi acquisition Guardian Nigeria
- BREAKING: UN writes Nigeria, Kenya over Kanu Vanguard
- Nigeria 2023: Has Tinubu lost control of Nigeria’s South-West? The Africa Report
- Igbo lawyers seek to join suit for South East exit from Nigeria Guardian
- Nigeria: 'Over 2 Million People Now Displaced in North-East Nigeria' AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- Over 2m people remain displaced in Northeast Nigeria — EU Ambassador Vanguard
- From Nigeria to Ireland to Notre Dame: Meet LL.M. student Grace Oladipo | The Law School | University of Notre Dame Notre Dame Law School
- Nigeria exempted from Biden’s travel vaccine rules P.M. News
- Nigeria has a flooding challenge: here's why and what can be done The Conversation CA
- Nigeria franchising out sections of power distribution network pv magazine International
- Three African startups valued at $1bn founded by young Nigerians — NESG Vanguard
- Nigeria: World Bank Debars 17 Nigerian Companies, Individuals Over Fraud AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- Presidency replies Economist on threats to Nigeria’s stability Vanguard
- Anyone who wants to lead Nigeria must negotiate with north —Bakare Punch Newspapers
- Nigeria records 711 new COVID-19 cases on Monday — Nigeria — The Guardian Nigeria News – Nigeria and World News Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria may have to depend on the U.K. to get its own information: Lai Mohammed Guardian
- Ensuring coherence among Nigeria's AfCFTA implementing agencies and the OPS TheCable
- Kao Dirichi Goes From From Nigeria To Starting Center For UT Arlington Mavs, Along With Viral Video For The Ages CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
- Expose sponsors of banditry, terrorism in Nigeria, KAICIID urges FG Punch Newspapers
- Nigeria is a crime scene of insecurity, corruption – Moghalu Daily Post Nigeria
- Nigeria: Aho Seals Nigeria's Dominance At Bilateral Cricket With Sierra Leone AllAfrica.com
- Nigeria: 300 Children Urge World Leaders to Protect Schools From Attacks AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- Instant economics, Nigeria's great test, and the meaning of mission statements The Economist
- PIND Celebrates Ten Years of Economic Development and Peacebuilding in Nigeria's Niger Delta with Virtual Events Business Wire
- World Bank: Nigeria's per capita income at same level as 40 years ago TheCable
- Coastal erosion in Nigeria leaves communities fearing their homes will disappear Channel 4 News
- Nigeria: Premium Times Books Publishes "The Sokoto Caliphate", First PhD Thesis By University of Ibadan AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- Ten years of Caritas Nigeria Vatican News
- Nigeria: Maximising Nigeria's Opportunities for Agricultural Exports AllAfrica.com
- ‘Super Falcons remain African superpower’ – Unuanel plays down Nigeria’s defeat to Ghana Goal.com
- Nigeria's FMDQ clear becomes member of global association of CCP Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria: When Can Nigeria Declare a State of Emergency? AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- – Nigeria vs. WSJ and The EconomistTHISDAYLIVE THISDAY Newspapers
- Cryptocurrency ownership in Nigeria, Malaysia highest in the world: report The Hindu
- Nigeria: Issues in the 2022 Budget AllAfrica.com
- Nigeria: Lagos Faults Nigeria's Centralised Electricity Supply System AllAfrica.com
- CBN’s N15trn Infrastructure Fund key to Nigeria’s economic growth – Expert Pulse Nigeria
- Nigeria: Oil, Gas to Remain Fuel of Choice Till 2070, Insist Explorationists AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- IMF Partly Blames Uncertainty in Nigeria's Forex Market for Drop in Remittances – Emerging Markets Bitcoin News Bitcoin News
- I will become next Nigeria president come May 29, 2023 — Yahaya Bello Vanguard
- Nigeria: When a curse is a blessing Punch Newspapers
- 'How investment in infrastructure, competition can aid FDI inflow' Guardian Nigeria
- Nigerian Newspapers: 10 things you need to know this Tuesday morning Daily Post Nigeria
- World Bank blacklists 18 Nigerian firms, individuals for corruption –Report Punch Newspapers
- Nigeria: Focus On Agribusiness, Entrepreneurship SMEDAN Urges Nigerian Youths AllAfrica.com
- Nigeria: Trading Commence On Positive Note As Airtel Africa, Total Nigeria, 25 Others Soar AllAfrica.com
- UK to train Nigerian Navy on fight against piracy, others Punch Newspapers
- Courage needed to conquer Nigeria's problems, says Oxford-Cambrige alumnus Punch Newspapers
- Peace Now Returning to Troubled Areas - Buhari [This Day] President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed that peace has started to return to troubled areas which in the past faced terrorism and banditry attacks across the country.
- Gunmen Kill Worshipers in Niger Mosque [This Day] About 18 worshipers have been killed by armed gunmen in Mashegu town of Mashegu local government area of Niger state.
- When Can Govt Declare a State of Emergency? [The Conversation Africa] The Nigerian government recently threatened to declare a state of emergency in Anambra, a state in the south-east of the country, because of rising insecurity. This generated heated debate about the legitimacy of declaring a state of emergency. The Conversation Africa's Ogechi Ekeanyanwu asked political science lecturer Uchenna Simeon to explain the circumstances under which a state of emergency can be declared.
- Country Has a Flooding Challenge - Here's Why and What Can Be Done [The Conversation Africa] One of the most prevalent natural disasters in Nigeria is perennial flooding. Some states are increasingly experiencing annual flooding during the rainy season.
- Again, Gunmen Kill Six, Abduct Several Others in Katsina [Premium Times] Residents of neighbouring community said "the bandits killed and abducted people, burnt down houses and shops in Unguwar Samanja village and then withdrew without stealing anything".
- Premium Times Books Publishes The First PhD Thesis By University of Ibadan [Premium Times] Publishing The Sokoto Caliphate is in keeping with Premium Times Books' mission of bringing books about Nigerians home to Nigeria.
- Three African Startups Valued At $1 Billion Founded By Young Nigerians - Report [Vanguard] Mr Asue Ighodalo, Chairman of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG), has said that three out of four digital start-ups, valued in excess of one billion dollars, were founded by young Nigerian entrepreneurs.
- 'Over 2 Million People Now Displaced in North-East Nigeria' - Official [Premium Times] "More than 3 million people have food insecurity and an equal high number of children are suffering from acute malnutrition."
- 300 Children Urge World Leaders to Protect Schools From Attacks [Daily Trust] A group of children are requesting that world leaders should deny armies access to schools and ensure paths to schools are free of mines and explosives, in a Children's Manifesto launched on Monday in Abuja.
- World Bank Debars 17 Nigerian Companies, Individuals Over Fraud [Vanguard] The World Bank has debarred nine Nigerian individuals and firms from executing any contract with it for engaging in corrupt, fraudulent and collusive practices.
- Buhari Seeks Inclusive Growth, Calls for Private Sector Support to Meet National Goals [This Day] President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday said economic growth and recovery must translate to "good-paying jobs and improved standard of living for our people" to be meaningful.
- I Will Become Next Nigeria President Come May 29, 2023 - Yahaya Bello [Vanguard] Following calls to join the presidential race, Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello has said he has all the qualities needed to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari come May 29, 2023.
- UN Reaffirms Commitment to Ensuring Peace and Prosperity for All in Nigeria. [WHO-AFRO] The United Nations System in Nigeria has reaffirmed its commitment to ensuring peace and prosperity for all in Nigeria.
- 99.4 Percent of Bank Accounts Contain Less Than N500,000 - NDIC [Vanguard] The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, NDIC, said that 99.4 per cent of bank accounts contain less than N500,000 Maximum Insured Limit (MIL) of the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, NDIC
- Access Bank to Merge Newly Acquired Zambian Unit With African Banking Corp [Premium Times] The agreement sets in motion the quest to broaden Access Bank's presence in the Southern African country to 70 branches and agencies, customer base to 300,0000 and total assets with a value in the neighbourhood of $1 billion through the combined entity.
- Food Prices Soar Amidst Rising Transport Fare [Vanguard] As analysts project worse food price pressures for 2022
- NHRC Urges Police, Others to Locate 'Missing' Journalist [Vanguard] Mr Tony Ojukwu, the Executive Secretary of the National Human Rights Commission, has urged the Police and other security agencies in the nation's capital to do everything within their powers to locate a missing journalist.
- NASS Promises to Keep NYSC Afloat, Well-Rooted [Vanguard] The National Assembly will ensure that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Scheme is kept afloat and well-rooted.
- Ezekwesili Set to Launch Initiative Against Poor Learning Outcomes in Africa [Premium Times] Human Capital Africa seeks to bridge the gap between evidence and action to improve learning outcomes for children under the age of 10
- Why Insurgents Are Surrendering - Buhari [Daily Trust] President Muhammadu Buhari says the renewed onslaught on bandits in the North West has resulted in the military daily receiving insurgents who are voluntarily laying down their arms.
- Telecom Shutdown Weakens Bandits - Birnin Gwari Emir [Daily Trust] The Emir of Birnin Gwari in Kaduna State, Alhaji Zubairu Jibril MaiGwari, says the telecommunications shutdown has weakened and incapacitated the bandits terrorising people in the state.
- Amnesty Int'l Decries Arbitrary Detention, Deportation of Africans in UAE [Daily Trust] Amnesty International has decried mass arbitrary detention and deportation of Africans in the United Arab Emirates.
- Northern Coalition Asks Court to Exit S/East From Nigeria [Daily Trust] SUB: Some members of the Coalition of Northern Groups have asked a Federal High Court in Abuja to compel the National Assembly to hasten the...
- Missing Reporter - Abuja Journalists Take Protest to IGP [Daily Trust] Journalists in Abuja Monday protested at the Police Force Headquarters to demand safe rescue of a Vanguard reporter, Tordue Salem, who has been missing for almost two weeks.
- Sack Looms As NFF Set to Overhaul Super Falcons [Daily Trust] After some underwhelming performances, The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) is set to overhaul the senior women national team, the Super Falcons.
- NRC Plans E-Ticketing On Lagos-Ibadan, Itakpe-Warri Train Services [Daily Trust] The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) is shopping for firms to provide electronic ticketing solutions for its Lagos-Ibadan and the Warri- Itakpe standard gauge train services to allow for online ticket sales.
- Police Fix Oct 29 for Constables' Recruitment Test in Katsina [Vanguard] The Katsina state Police command has fixed October 29 and 30 for the conduct of a Computer Based Test (CBT) as part of the constables' recruitment process in the state, according to a statement issued to newsmen, on Monday, in Katsina, by the command's spokesperson, SP Gambo Isah.
- Buhari Arrives Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Ahead of Investment Summit [Premium Times] The president would perform the lesser Hajj in Madinah and Makkah before returning to the country on Friday.
- Eight Nigerians Bag UK Awards for 'Breaking Glass Ceilings' [Premium Times] The eight awardees were recognised for making significant contributions in various fields of endeavours in the UK and Nigeria.
- Covid-19 - Nigeria Records Two Deaths, 711 Infections Monday [Premium Times] According to the NCDC, the new infection toll includes backlogs of cases, with Delta State topping the chart with 508 total cases for July 27 to October 13, 2021.
- Nigeria, Chad to set up joint business council
By Henry Uche, Lagos The Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) has reiterated its commitment to work with relevant government Ministries,
- Nigeria’s per capita income static in 40 year – World Bank
From Uche Usim, Abuja The World Bank made a startling revelation that Nigeria's per capita income (PCI) has not improved
- Withdraw military from South East – Asari Dokubo’s Biafra De Facto Government to FG
From Stanley Uzoaru, Owerri The De Facto Customary Government of Biafra led by Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo has urged the
- El-Rufai administration rated best in North, 2nd in Nigeria on gender inclusion
From Sola Ojo, Kaduna The administration of Governor Nasir El-Rufai has been rated overall best in gender equity and social
- Buhari arrives Riyadh, S/Arabia ahead of Investment Summit
President Muhammadu Buhari has arrived Riyadh, Saudi Arabia ahead of the investment conference organised by the Future Investment Initiative Institute.
- Man machetes sister-inlaw, sibling, another to death in Ebonyi
From Chijioke Agwu, Abakaliki A young man, identified as Chibuike Ochie, who hails from Uburu community, in Ohaozara Local Government
- Fire guts Nsukka Main Market, destroy goods
From Felix Ikem, Nsukka Over 20 shops were yesterday gutted by fire in Ogige Main Market,Nsukka, in Nsukka Local Government
- Nomadic farming culture outdated -Ondo gov
From Fred Itua, Abuja Ondo State Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, has warned that the various criminal activities of kidnapping, bombing and
- COVID-19: NLC urges FG to persuade workers rather than force to take vaccine
By Bimbola Oyesola Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), yesterday, urged the Federal Government to use persuasion and conviction rather than force
- 2023: Steer clear of Nigeria’s politics, Buhari tells diplomats
From Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja Ahead of the 2023 general elections, President Muhammadu Buhari has urged foreign envoys in Nigeria to
- Okigwe North rerun: They’ll still vote me –Onuoha
- Nigeria’s per capita income static in 40 year – World Bank
From Uche Usim, Abuja The World Bank made a startling revelation that Nigeria's per capita income (PCI) has not improved
- Q3: UBA’s grosses N490.3bn in earnings
Africa’s Global Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has announced impressive performance in its unaudited financial results for the
- CBN, Access Bank, BoI bankroll Duchss Hospital with N6.5bn
By Omodele Adigun The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN}, Mr Godwin Emefiele, has disclosed that the apex
- Sterling Bank, HFN sign MoU to digitise healthcare services
By Omodele Adigun Sterling Bank Plc and the Healthcare Federation of Nigeria (HFN) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Agric minister under attack over claims of lifting 4.2m out of poverty
From Okwe Obi, Abuja The claims made by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mohammad Mahmood Abubakar, that over
- Outspan inseminates 100 cattle to boost local milk production
Outspan Nigeria Limited (Outspan), a subsidiary of Olam International Limited (Olam), a leading agribusiness conglomerate, as part of a series
- Stakeholders harp on partnership to tackle food insecurity
The need for stakeholders and various players in the food chain and agriculture as a whole to collaborate on the
- Group calls for needs-based, inclusive budgeting
By Henry Uche The reason for a needs-based budgeting across the three levels of government was the discourse over the
- Fintech firm repositions e-commerce to boost saving culture
By Steve Agbota A fintech startup, Oaklinks.ng, is repositioning the e-commerce industry to boost trade and encourage saving culture among
- Nigeria’s budget deficit, debt ratios, lowest in Africa, says FG
From Isaac Anumihe, Abuja The Federal Government, yesterday, said that Nigeria’s budget deficit/Gross Domestic Products (GDP) (-4.7 per cent) and
- Couple fined for uprooting tree on their land
- 2023: Senate’s volte-face on e-transmission
By Fred Itua, Abuja The current Senate, vis-a-vis, the National Assembly, will be adjudged as the most popular Assembly in
- I’m sure of victory, says Nwankwo, AAC candidate
The candidate of African Action Congress (AAC) for the forthcoming governorship election in Ananbra State, Dr. Chidozie Nwankwo has said
- Hausa community in Anambra endorses Ozigbo
The standard bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), Valentine Ozigbo, has received the endorsement of the Hausa community in Anambra
- Anyim, others rally support for Ebonyi new PDP exco
From Chijioke Agwu, Abakaliki Leaders and major stakeholders of the Peoples Democratic party (PDP) in Ebonyi State, yesterday, rallied support
- Northern Elders ask court to exit South East from Nigeria
From Godwin Tsa, Abuja A group of Northern elders have asked the Abuja division of the Federal High Court to
- Sheikh Gumi’s comment smacks of conspiratorial compromise – Wechie
From Tony John, Port Harcourt Islamic cleric Sheikh Gumi has been lambasted for his recent comment on the consequences of
- Anambra 2021: FG orders security agents to crush IPOB, disgruntled elements
From Romanus Ugwu, Abuja The Federal Government has warned that security agents will not sit idle and watch disgruntled elements
- INEC to provide brailed ballot papers for visually impaired voters
From Christian Agadibe, Aloysius Attah, Obinna Odogwu and David Onwuchekwa The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has said it would
- You can’t win with propaganda, Andy Uba tells Soludo
Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Andy Uba, has told his rival in the All Progressives Grand
- Nkem Okeke: I’ve no ambition to be Anambra governor
Deputy Governor of Anambra State, Dr Nkem Okeke, has dismissed claims and reports in some quarters that his recent defection
Youtube data use
|| 80MB|| 200MB