NNPC-recommends-sale-of-refineries,-Buhari-disagrees">August 30, 2015 : Ifeanyi Onuba
- Many Feared Dead in Airforce Plane Crash [Premium Times] A yet unknown number of people are feared dead in a deadly crash involving an aircraft belonging to the Nigerian Air Force on Saturday.
- Boko Haram Spy Ring At Abuja Airport Smashed, Nigeria Says [Deutsche Welle] Nigerian authorities have uncovered a terrorist cell at the international airport in the capital Abuja, the country's intelligence agency DSS says. A 14-year old boy was arrested for allegedly spying for Boko Haram.
- 4x100m Team Crashes Out at Beijing World Champs [Premium Times] It was mixed fortunes for Team Nigeria's relay teams on Saturday at the ongoing IAAF World Championships as the quartet for the 4x100m Women's event crashed out in the heats while the 4x400m qualified for Sunday's final in a highly commendable manner.
- Journalist Accused of Spying for Boko Haram [Premium Times] A Lagos-based Cameroonian journalist, Simon Ateba, has been arrested by Cameroonian authorities as he investigated the conditions of Nigerian refugees camped in the country's far north.
- Death Sentences for N'Djamena Bombing Suspects [Deutsche Welle] Chadian authorities says 10 suspected members of Boko Haram have been sentenced to die by firing squad for their alleged roles in twin suicide bombings in N'Djamena. Those attacks in mid-June killed 38 people.
- Boko Haram Members Sentenced to Death [Leadership] Government of the Republic of Chad has sentenced ten members of the dreaded Boko Haram group to death on terror charges.
- Military Plane Crashes in Kaduna [Daily Trust] Kaduna -A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) air plane crashed at about 6.45am on Saturday at the old Nigeria Defense Academy (NDA) in Kaduna.
- School Gives Children Orphaned By Boko Haram New Start [Al Jazeera] A school in northern Nigeria is offering a new start to children whose parents have been killed by Boko Haram.
- Poster Boy for Good Governance Caught Up in Corruption Allegations [African Arguments] The much celebrated former Lagos governor, Babutunde Fashola, is facing a series of allegations. But is a political falling out behind the controversy?
- Nigerian Ambassador to U.S., Adebowale Adefuye, Dead [Premium Times] The Nigerian Ambassador to the United States, Adebowale Adefuye, is dead. According to Sahara Reporters, Mr. Adefuye, a former History professor died on Thursday at an undisclosed hospital in Washington DC.
- Those Setting Fires in Other Countries Can't Complain [Vanguard] EUROPE is in panic. No, not because of tumbling stocks over what they see as China 'slowing down'. This itself is intriguing; fanatical prophets and apostles of market forces, begging the Chinese Government to intervene in the Stock Market. The panic is about the tidal waves of migrants from war torn countries, surviving the seas, especially the Mediterranean, to make landfall on European coasts.
- Outrage Grows Over Buhari's Appointments [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari's appointment of some of his administration's most key officials Thursday set off a firestorm of condemnation, with critics characterising the nominations as overwhelmingly lopsided, lacking in gender balance and regional equity.
- Arms Deal - We Were Sidelined - Defence Ministry [Daily Trust] The Ministry of Defence said yesterday that it was initially involved in the procurement of military hardware and ammunitions before the responsibility was later shifted to security services.
- Nigeria-Bound Terrorist Leader Coming On Invitation [Daily Trust] The ISIS leader, Ahmed Al-Assir, who was arrested in Lebanon on his to Nigeria lately, was coming on the invitation of a foreign company operating in the country, Daily Trust has gathered.
- The Nation Marks 500 Days Since Chibok Girls' Abduction [Al Jazeera] Relatives of over 200 Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram mark 500 days since the abductions with hope dwindling for their rescue despite a renewed push to end the armed group's rebellion.
- Vandals Cut N40 Million NIPP Power Transmission Tower in Abia [This Day] Abuja -The Niger Delta Power Holdings (NDPHC) Plc, which is handling the 10 National Integrated Power Project (NIPP) plants, on Thursday said that vandals attacked and cut its transmission lines and tower worth N40 million in Abia state.
- NUC Names 65 Illegal Varsities, Prosecutes Eight Others [Guardian] Classroom. Image source troutlakeccTHE National Universities Commission (NUC) has released a list of 65 illegal degree awarding institutions operating in the country for sometimes now. Some of them are already facing investigation/prosecution.
- 'I Owe Nobody an Explanation for My Failure in Beijing' - Okagbare [Guardian] Beijing 2015 IAAF World Championship 100m finalist, Blessing Okagbare-Ighoteguonor, says she owes nobody any explanation for her poor performance at the championship.
- President's Key Men Emerge [Guardian] Abuja and Lagos -Eighty-nine days into his administration, President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday named key officials who will assist him in the complex task of governance.
- Buhari On Treasury Single Account [Guardian] President Muhammadu Buhari's directive to all federal ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) to start paying all government revenues, incomes and other receipts into a unified pool of single account with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), is a bold and highly commendable move directed at one of the bastions of corruption in the polity, namely, public institutions.
- Buhari Approves 65 Licences for Private Refineries [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari has granted licences to 65 Nigerian companies to construct modular refineries.
- Forensic Experts Find Non-Human Prints in Akwa Ibom Governorship Ballot Papers [Daily Trust] One of the forensic experts who testified before the Akwa Ibom State governorship tribunal Thursday, said out of the140, 832 finger prints on ballot papers matched (scanned and analyzed) over 100,000 were non- human prints. The witness was testifying in the gubernatorial election suit between Umana Umana of the All Progressive congress (APC) and governor of Akwa Ibom State, Udom Emmanuel, who was the candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party in the election. Umana had approached the tribunal, challenging
- Togolese Migrants Seek Asylum in Nigeria [Daily Trust] Lagos -Togolese migrants presently camped in Lagos have appealed to the Nigerian government to grant them asylum.
- Fitch - Nigerian Banks Heading Into Storms [This Day] Fitch Rating has warned that Nigerian banks are heading into financial and operational storms in view of what it called the increasingly difficult conditions under which they are operating.
- Nigerian Ambassador to the United States Dies [Vanguard] Nigerian Ambassador to the United States, Adebowale Adefuye, is dead.
- 'We'll Meet Presidential Deadline On Boko Haram' - Defence Headquarters [Daily Trust] Spokesman of the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) Colonel Rabe Abubakar yesterday assured Nigerians that the military will attain the December Presidential deadline of ending Boko Haram insurgency in the country.
- Northwest Tops Buhari's Appointments [Daily Trust] Of 19 key appointments made so far by President Muhammadu Buhari, six are from the north-west geo-political zone, five from north-east, four from south-south, three from south-west, one from north central and nil from south-east.
- 'Hangry', 22 Other New Words Added to Oxford Dictionaries [Premium Times] Oxford University Press has released 23 new words in its quarterly update of list of words in Oxford advanced learners dictionary.
- Senate Probes Customs, FIRS Over N600 Billion [Daily Trust] The Senate has commenced investigation into an alleged N600 billion cost of collection withheld by the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) and the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
- The Fear That Follows Them. Providing Mental Healthcare for Refugees [MSF] Attacks perpetrated by Boko Haram in the Lake Chad region have increased over recent weeks, and military presence in the area has also expanded in response. The number of people who have been forced to flee their homes has more than doubled, bringing the total number of displaced in the area to 75,000.
- Nollywood Actress Adunni Ade: Don’t Blame Me Bcos I’m Not Married To My Children’s Fathers
- Tonto Dikeh’s Traditional Wedding Pictures: Nollywood Actress Marries Oladunni Churchill
- Heavily Pregnant Mercy Johnson Marks 31st Birthday At Mansion In Ajah Lagos [PHOTOS]
- Photos: Meet Top 5 Nollywood Actresses Who Have Turned Into Musicians
- Nollywood Actor Patrick Doyle Cries Over Loss Of First Wife & Son To Sickle Cell Anemia Disease
- Photo: Nollywood Actor Cyril Pharaoh Chukwuemeka Turns Born Again, Renounces Middle Name
- Nollywood Actress Abimbola Peters: Why I Moved Back To Nigeria From America
- Clarion Chukwura Supports Emeka Ike As AGN President
- Baba Suwe: I Have Many Girlfriends, I Will Marry One Of Them Soon
- Toyin Aimakhu Divorces Husband: Adeniyi Johnson Caught Flirting With Wife’s Staff
- How N3 Billion Project Act Nollywood Grant Approved By Jonathan Was Embezzled
- Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie, The CEO News Briefing: Tade Ogindan, Tunde Kelani, Kemi Lala, Wale Ojo Storm Lagos
- Nollywood Actress Omoni Oboli Speaks Up Against Rapists, Solicits Support For Victims
- Photo: Husband Kills Pregnant Wife, Wealthy Lagos Banker To Inherit Her Property
- “Please Keep Me In Prison I Want To Make Heaven” – Serial Killer Tells Police:
- Beware! Ritualists Now Hiring Agents In Asaba Hotels To Disguise As Spiritualists To Lure Women
- Restaurant Owner Beaten To Death By Villagers In Abia For Visiting Native Doctor
- Photo: Lagos Landlord Arrested For Raping Landlord’s Child, Girl 7, For Ritual Purpose
- Photo: Boko Haram Militant From Nigeria Sentenced To Death In Chad For June 2015 Suicide Bombing
- Photo:10 Boko Haram Terrorists Sentenced To Death In Chad
- Fatal Accident: Edo State Mass Transit, Comrade Bus Kills Man On Sapele Road In Benin
- Photo: Captain Samson Amineshi Dead, Hired Killers Assassinate APC Chief In Igarra Edo
- Photo: Nigerian Drug Dealers Ingest 233 Cocaine Capsules
- America Has The Highest Rate Of Mass Shootings Deaths & Gun Ownerships In The World
- Photo: Arik Air Catering Staff Paid N1.2M To Smuggle N150M Cocaine To London
- Photo: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Indonesia By Immigration While Browsing Internet At Cybercafe
The Federal Inland Revenue Service would soon go after multinational companies, corporate organisations and individuals who are evading payment of taxes in the country. The move, according to SUNDAY PUNCHs investigations, is part of a renewed effort by the agency to boost tax revenue to fund the programmes of the Federal Government. Statistics obtained from… [Read More…]
NNPC recommends sale of refineries, Buhari disagrees The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has recommended the sale of the nations three refineries in Port Harcourt, Warri and Kaduna due to some challenges the agency described as critical elements, which may continually hinder their effective operation in the hands of the Federal Government. NNPC has equally finalised its position on the protracted pipeline surveillance, Leave-a-Comment-
There-were-indications-on-Saturday-that-President-Muhammadu-Buhari-and-the-All-Progressives-Congress-had-begun-moves-to-compensate-the-South-East-for-not-getting-any-appointments-so-far-in-the-current-administration.-SUNDAY-PUNCH-reliably-gathered-that-some-states-in-the-geopolitical-zone-might-get-more-than-one-ministerial-slot.-The-Presidency-and-the-APC… [Read-More…]-Military,-DSS-comb-airports-for-Boko-Haram-spies">August 30, 2015 : Niyi Odebode and John Alechenu
There were indications on Saturday that President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress had begun moves to compensate the South-East for not getting any appointments so far in the current administration. SUNDAY PUNCH reliably gathered that some states in the geopolitical zone might get more than one ministerial slot. The Presidency and the APC… [Read More…]
Military, DSS comb airports for Boko Haram spies The Defence Headquarters and the Department of State Services, on Saturday, said they were hunting for members of Boko Haram at airports and major public facilities in the country. The security measure became necessary as the DSS revealed that it had uncovered a plot by Boko Haram to bomb the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja Leave-a-Comment-
The-Progressive-Peoples-Alliance-has-faulted-the-appointments-made-by-President-Muhammadu-Buhari,-saying-they-do-not-conform-with-fairness,-equity-and-balance-in-all-the-geopolitical-zones-of-the-country.-The-party-said-minority-groups-were-excluded-from-the-appointments.-The-National-Chairman-of-the-PPA,-Peter-Ameh,-in-a-statement-on-Saturday-in… [Read-More…]-Chad-executes-BHaram-members">August 30, 2015 : Friday Olokor
The Progressive Peoples Alliance has faulted the appointments made by President Muhammadu Buhari, saying they do not conform with fairness, equity and balance in all the geopolitical zones of the country. The party said minority groups were excluded from the appointments. The National Chairman of the PPA, Peter Ameh, in a statement on Saturday in… [Read More…]
Chad executes BHaram members A Nigerian was among 10 members of Boko Haram executed by firing squad on Saturday in Chad, after being found guilty of killing 38 people in the country. The Nigerian, Mahamat Mustapha, also known as Bana Fanaye, according to Chadian authorities, masterminded the June 15 suicide attacks that struck a school and a police building Leave-a-Comment-
A-non-governmental-organisation,-Royal-Character-and-Values,-on-Saturday,-urged-President-Muhammadu-Buhari-to-begin-his-anti-corruption-campaign-from-the-Federal-Civil-Service-Commission.-Team-Leader-of-RCV,-Mrs.-Bosede-Olusola-Obasa,-who-spoke-at-the-groups-inauguration-held-to-commemorate-her-40th-birthday,-emphasised-the-importance-of-good-character-development-in-education,-business-and-government…. [Read-More…]-Police-to-promote-40,000">August 30, 2015 : Tobi Aworinde
A non-governmental organisation, Royal Character and Values, on Saturday, urged President Muhammadu Buhari to begin his anti-corruption campaign from the Federal Civil Service Commission. Team Leader of RCV, Mrs. Bosede Olusola-Obasa, who spoke at the groups inauguration held to commemorate her 40th birthday, emphasised the importance of good character development in education, business and government…. [Read More…]
Police to promote 40,000 The Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, on Saturday said about 40,000 policemen between the ranks of constable and inspector would be promoted in the next two months. Arase, who disclosed this during his private visit to Lagos, noted that the rank and file were the officers doing major jobs, including arrests, investigations and Leave-a-Comment-
The-President,-Nigerian-Medical-Association,-Dr.-Kayode-Obembe,-has-said-Nigerias-health-care-indices-remain-among-the-poorest-in-the-world.-He-said-life-expectancy-in-the-country-was-54-years,-adding-that-630-pregnant-women-died-in-every-100,000-births.-According-to-him,-88-infants-die-in-every-1,000-births-in-Nigeria.-Obembe-said… [Read-More…]-Arik:-NDLEA-gets-CCTV-footage,-impounds-two-more-cars">August 30, 2015 : Success Nwogu
The President, Nigerian Medical Association, Dr. Kayode Obembe, has said Nigerias health care indices remain among the poorest in the world. He said life expectancy in the country was 54 years, adding that 630 pregnant women died in every 100,000 births. According to him, 88 infants die in every 1,000 births in Nigeria. Obembe said… [Read More…]
Arik: NDLEA gets CCTV footage, impounds two more cars The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on Saturday, said it had obtained closed-circuit television footage of how the Arik Air crew member, Ikechukwu Oliver, the main accomplice, who works as a catering loader, smuggled three bags of cocaine among food supplies. The anti-narcotics agency had also invited a 32-year-old younger brother of the main suspect, Leave-a-Comment-
Arising-from-poor-sales-of-his-weekly-newspaper-and-magazine,-a-publisher-identified-as-Solomon-(surname-withheld),-on-Friday,-allegedly-committed-suicide-in-Asaba,-Delta-State.-It-was-reliably-gathered-that-the-publisher,-who-resided-in-Achalla-Layout-area-of-Asaba,-took-his-life-in-anguish-following-the-advent-of-poor-sales-in-his-newspaper… [Read-More…]-NAF-aircraft-crashes-in-Kaduna,-kills-seven">August 30, 2015 : Nosa Akenzua
Arising from poor sales of his weekly newspaper and magazine, a publisher identified as Solomon (surname withheld), on Friday, allegedly committed suicide in Asaba, Delta State. It was reliably gathered that the publisher, who resided in Achalla Layout area of Asaba, took his life in anguish following the advent of poor sales in his newspaper… [Read More…]
NAF aircraft crashes in Kaduna, kills seven A Donnier 228 helicopter belonging to the Nigerian Air Force crashed at the old Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, on Saturday. It was gathered that the aircraft, with call sign NAF030, which took off from the NAF base in Kaduna, was heading for Abuja when it came down in the early hours of the day. It
- IT News Africa: Top Stories of the Week This week in technology has been a rather busy one. Not only has Liquid Telecom reported a sharp rise of African content on its network, but fixed broadband is also on the rise in Africa. We also had some great opinion pieces come in this week. These covered the following topics, “Unlocking the true value [&hellip...
- Dimension Data sponsors Innovation Dinner Nigeria, in collaboration with VCE Africa’s technology news leader IT News Africa, today announced that Dimension Data will be the lead sponsor the next edition of the IT News Africa Innovation Dinner Series in Nigeria, in partnership with VCE. On the 16th of September 2015, senior...
- Frost & Sullivan recognises best-in-class companies across Africa On Thursday, August 20th, Frost & Sullivan honoured recipients of its 2015 Growth, Innovation & Leadership Awards Banquet held in Cape Town, South Africa. The evening event, with its celebratory ambiance and prestigious Awards, brought together more...
- MainOne submarine cable extended to Cameroon According to a report via This Day, Nigeria-based undersea cable firm MainOne has extended its submarine fibre cable to Cameroon. The reports reveals that the Nigerian-Cameroon Submarine Cable System (NCSCS) will also branch out to two strategic points in...
- Nigeria: Mobile internet users up by 13.6 percent Mobile internet users in Nigeria grew by 13.6 percent in the first half of 2015 to 92.6 million, according to the latest report from the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) – which was revealed by TelecomPaper. The reports revealed that MTN Nigeria...
- Botswana Post unveils electricity payment app Botswana Post has officially released a new mobile app. The mobile app, which is currently available to Android users, gives consumers the ability to purchase prepaid electricity directly from the app. Speaking on the release of the app, Lebogang Bok, Head...
- Meet the $35 USD smartphone Orange has unveiled the Klif smartphone. According to Orange, the Firefox 2.0 powered device was developed by Mozilla’s Egyptian subsidiary Mobinil, and made by Alcatel. When taking a closer look at the device, we found that it features a dual-core 1.0...
- Barloworld to transform its business using cloud solution It may have a distinct advantage, but Barloworld Equipment, a subsidiary of the Barloworld Group, realised the need to transform its business operations to maintain its competitive position. With its diverse operations, including technical service centres,...
- Nokia Networks reaffirms commitment to South Africa In order to reaffirm its commitment to the South African market, Nokia Networks showcased its latest innovations in the areas of ultra-dense networks, big data and analytics, and telco cloud in Midrand Johannesburg this week. Deon Geyser, Head of Sub-region,...
- Silvertree invests over R20m in first seven months of 2015 Silvertree Internet Holdings has invested over R20m in existing and new consumer-focused technology companies in the first seven months of 2015, and has seen month-on-month revenue growth of over 10% across the portfolio in 2015, and as much as 40% monthly...
- Global tech awards awaiting ICT entries for basic needs solutions The Empowering People Award – a global innovation award for basic needs solutions – has opened for entries and includes an information and communication category. The competition is looking for innovative technical solutions to tackle global challenges in...
- Terragon Group releases Digital Insights on the Nigerian Banking Industry The Terragon Group has released its Research Report, which highlights digital insights on the Nigerian banking industry. The research, which was based on analysis carried out for a period of three months, focuses on key activities carried out by the banks...
- HDS recognised for bringing secure cloud portfolio to Africa Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) has been named a winner of the TMC 2015 Cloud Computing Excellence Awards for its advanced Hitachi Content Platform portfolio, including Hitachi Content Platform, Hitachi Content Platform Anywhere and Hitachi Data Ingestor....
- Millicom names new EVP & CEO for Africa division Millicom has announced the appointment of Cynthia Gordon as Executive Vice President and CEO of its Africa Division. Gordon will take up her role on 21 September 2015, according to the company. Millicom revealed that Gordon will be responsible for leading...
- Liquid Telecom reports sharp rise of African content on network Liquid Telecom revealed a sharp rise in the proportion of local content on its network, from 20 percent three years ago to now 50 percent. According to the company, this has been driven by the deepening of Africa’s internet infrastructure. Mathew Chigwende,...
- Can 4K video surveillance boost safety and security in hospitals? Hospitals, globally and within Africa are faced with a number of security challenges, from ensuring the safety of patients and staff to preventing theft, with the added complication of very limited budgets for security solutions. Surveillance solutions are a...
How Awolowo became Yoruba leader in 1966 –Osoba
When former President Olusegun Obasanjo recently presented his memoir, ‘My Watch: Political and Public Affairs,’… ...What if Lamido had joined APC?
Tribute BY ISMAIL OMIPIDAN Long before former President Olusegun Obasanjo said so about two years… ...If El-Rufai is a blessing to Kaduna… –Uba Sani
FROM NOAH EBIJE, KADUNA Mallam Uba Sani is the Special Adviser, Political, to Governor Nasir… ...Adopt confab report for sake of change –Ex-Milad tells Buhari
FROM NOAH EBIJE, KADUNA Former Military Administrator of Gombe State, Group Captain Joseph Orji (Retd) has… ...APC invites Ndoma-Egba, Ebri, others
The controversy over whether the immediate past Senate Leader, Senator Victor Ndoma Egba, will defect… ...DPC National Chairman, NEC members survive traffic accident
National officials of Nigeria’s newest political party, the Democratic Peoples Congress (DPC) , survived a… ...Northern leaders move to block implementation of confab report
■ Coomasie, other ACF chieftains meet Buhari FROM ADE ALADE, ABUJA AND NOAH EBIJE, KADUNA… ...NASS crisis confirms APC as bad loser – Hon. Yusuf
Hon. Tajudeen Yusuf is a second term member of House of Representative from Kogi State,… ...Shekau or no Shekau, we’ll end Boko Haram in days, Military insists
FROM MOLLY KILETE. ABUJA. The Nigerian military has said that it will not be distracted… ...Senate ready to partner Buhari on anti-graft war – Wakili
■ Hails Saraki’s leadership of NASS Senator Ali Wakili of the All Progressives Change (APC)… ...How Dimgba Igwe and I broke barriers to write 50 World Editors –Mike Awoyinfa
BY HENRY AKUBUIRO There is a tendency for those who have made it in their… ...Kalu, Ambode mourn Adefuye, Nigeria’s envoy to US
BY OLUWOLE FAROTIMI Eminent businessman and former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Kalu, has… ...Why I’ll not appear before probe panel –Amaechi
FROM CHRIS ANUCHA, PORT HARCOURT A former governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, yesterday,… ...Change we want from Buhari –Pharmacists
BY ENYERIBE EJIOGU AND OGE OKAFOR ([email protected]
) With the missionary zeal being shown by President… ...Chibok girls: Buhari promises more action
FROM TIMOTHY OLANREWAJU, MAIDUGURI President Muhammadu Buhari have assured parents and relations of abducted Chibok… ...Recruitment: Police raise alarm on activities of fraudsters in Kano
The Kano State Police Command has warned the public against the activities of some fraudsters… ...Kaduna crash: El-Rufai commiserates with victms’ families
Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has commiserated with the families of the seven people… ...Air Force to investigate Dornier-228 aircraft crash in Kaduna
The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has set up a panel to… ...Kogi University ASUU threatens industrial action
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Kogi State University says it will resume an… ...NDLEA plans new offensive against drug trafficking in FCT
The FCT Command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) on Saturday said it… ...I made a lot of money making clothes for 700 people in the US –Ignatius Njoku, CEO, N2I Clothing
BY AYO ALONGE [email protected]
When your works are admirably good and sellable, invariably, the money… ...Ford to begin Ranger assembly in Nigeria from October
US vehicle manufacturer Ford will assemble its Ranger pickup in Nigeria, starting in October. The… ...Senate probes Customs, FIRS over N567bn illegal spending
The Senate has commenced investigation into an alleged unauthorised spending of N567 billion being the cost of taxes collected by the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) and the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) from January 2005 to July 2015. ...NNPC invites Forte Oil, Mobil, others for fresh crude lifting deal
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC has opened bids for the 2015/2016 award of contract to companies for the evacuation of Nigeria’s crude oil equity from the various crude and condensate production platforms. ...NBC needs N100bn for digitalisation – Commonwealth Telecoms scribe
The Secretary – General Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization Engr. Shoal Taylor has said that the National Broadcasting Commission NBC would need N100 billion to fund the digitization project in the broadcast industry.Taylor who made this known in Abuja during the first Annual Lecture organized by the NBC in commemoration of its 23rd Anniversary stated that the ECOWAS has fixed a new date for the digitalization of the industry for June 17, 2017. ...Economic diversification high on my agenda – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians and international community that the diversification of the economy was very high on the agenda of his administration especially in the face of dwindling oil price. ...Vandals hack down 330kva Alaoji-Calabar transmission tower
The authorities of the Niger Delta Power Holdings Company (NDPHC) are lamenting the spate of vandalism on its transmission facilities on the South-East 330kva line.
The Alaoji-Calabar transmission line targeted to wheel over 800 mega watts electricity from Egbema, Alaoji and Omoku power plants to supply power to the entire ...Senate probes Customs, FIRS over N567bn illegal spending
The Senate has commenced investigation into an alleged unauthorised spending of N567 billion being the cost of taxes collected by the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) and the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) from January 2005 to July 2015. ...Nigeria records $4bn investment in agric sector
From Theresa Egba, Abuja THE Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr.… ...NNPC cancels OPA, crude delivery by vessel contract
…Invites Oando, Sahara, others for fresh bid By Adewale Sanyaolu and Dennis Mernyi (Abuja) CITING… ...I never experienced fatherly love –Ella Mensah
By IHEJIRIKA SANDRA Ghanaian actress, Ella Mensah dabbled into acting by accident and today, the… ...Why my marriage crashed –Ini Edo, actress
BY JOY UMUKORO Popular Nollywood actress, Ini Edo, has revealed that distance, irreconcilable differences, and… ...Gbedu Awards return
.Holds nominees’ party today The stage is set for the 2015 edition of Gbedu Awards… ...Olori Wendy, Femi Adebayo set to dazzle in Awokoku
Lovers of comedy are in for a swell time as the much anticipated Yoruba/English comedy… ...Mum’s never been part of my life! – DJ Nana
BY ANTHONY OBI Looking for experience as a female DJ? Then the person to talk… ...I meditate before going on stage – Ochonma
Anti-aids campaigner and sofri sofri singer, Innocent Chukwudi Onyekwere aka Ochonma, is an Afro high… ...I’m too young for marriage – Patoranking
Reggae dancehall sensation, Patoranking, has declared that he is too young to get married. The… ...Toyin Aimakhu hubby’s rare courage
BY FATUNMISE DAMILOLA Is another sensational Nollywood divorce on the way? That’s the question on… ...I like being noticed at events –Carol Okeke, Veteran actress
BY AYO ALONGE ([email protected]
) Recently, veteran actress cum businesswoman, Carol Okeke explained why she took a… ...Growing up in polygamous home was fun –Lolar Shon, Cosmetician, blogger
BY TONY OGAGA ERHARIEFE Fashionista, blogger and cosmetician, Lolar Shon (Omolola Shonowo), has said there’s a… ...