Welcome. Nairaland for Nigerians & Friends.
||Nigerian Statistics Monitor
|2000 ||2019 ||Change ||2050
|123,945,463 ||200,962,417 ||62.1 % ||391,296,754
|Population by state|
|4||Abuja ||3,000,000 |
|Top Nigerian Universities|
|1||University of Lagos - Lagos|
|2||University of Ilorin - Ilorin|
|3||Ahmadu Bello University - Zaria|
|4||Obafemia Awolowo University - Ile Ife|
|5||University of Nigeria - Nsukka|
|6||University of Ibadan - Ibadan|
|7||Covenant University - Ota|
|8||Federal University of Technology, Minna - Minna|
|9||Landmark University – Omu - Aran|
|10||Rivers State University of Science and Technology - Port Harcourt|
|Country - infections (deaths) (recovered)
|United States - 124,697 (2,227) (3,231)||Italy - 92,472 (10,023) (12,384)||China Mainland - 81,439 (3,300) (75,448)||Spain - 73,235 (5,982) (12,285)|
|Germany - 58,137 (479) (4,227)||France - 37,611 (2,314) (5,700)||Iran - 35,408 (2,517) (11,679)||United Kingdom - 17,136 (1,028) (140)|
|Switzerland - 14,108 (271) (1,595)||Netherlands - 9,819 (640) (-)||South Korea - 9,583 (152) (5,033)||Belgium - 9,134 (353) (1,063)|
|Austria - 8,291 (68) (225)||Turkey - 7,402 (108) (70)||Canada - 5,607 (61) (479)||Portugal - 5,170 (100) (43)|
|Norway - 4,032 (23) (-)||Australia - 3,964 (16) (224)||Brazil - 3,904 (114) (6)||Israel - 3,865 (12) (89)|
|Sweden - 3,460 (112) (18)||Czech Republic - 2,663 (11) (11)||Ireland - 2,415 (36) (5)||Denmark - 2,366 (65) (-)|
|Malaysia - 2,320 (27) (320)||Chile - 1,909 (6) (61)||Luxembourg - 1,831 (18) (40)||Ecuador - 1,823 (48) (3)|
|Japan - 1,693 (52) (404)||Poland - 1,638 (20) (21)||Pakistan - 1,495 (12) (25)||Romania - 1,452 (37) (139)|
|Thailand - 1,388 (7) (111)||Russia - 1,264 (4) (49)||Saudi Arabia - 1,203 (4) (37)||South Africa - 1,187 (2) (31)|
|Finland - 1,163 (9) (10)||Indonesia - 1,155 (102) (59)||Philippines - 1,075 (68) (35)||Greece - 1,061 (32) (52)|
|India - 1,024 (24) (85)||Iceland - 963 (2) (114)||Panama - 901 (17) (4)||Mexico - 848 (16) (23)|
|Singapore - 803 (3) (198)||Dominican Republic - 719 (28) (3)||Argentina - 706 (17) (80)||Slovenia - 684 (9) (10)|
|Peru - 671 (16) (16)||Serbia - 659 (10) (42)||Croatia - 657 (5) (49)||Estonia - 640 (1) (20)|
|Colombia - 608 (6) (10)||Qatar - 590 (1) (45)||Hong Kong - 453 (4) (110)||Egypt - 576 (36) (121)|
|Iraq - 506 (42) (131)||Bahrain - 476 (4) (265)||New Zealand - 514 (1) (57)||United Arab Emirates - 468 (2) (55)|
|Algeria - 454 (29) (29)||Lithuania - 437 (7) (1)||Lebanon - 412 (8) (27)||Armenia - 407 (1) (30)|
|Morocco - 390 (25) (11)||Ukraine - 356 (9) (5)||Hungary - 343 (11) (34)||Bulgaria - 331 (7) (11)|
|Andorra - 308 (3) (5)||Latvia - 305 (0) (1)||Taiwan - 298 (2) (39)||Costa Rica - 295 (2) (3)|
|Slovakia - 292 (0) (7)||Tunisia - 278 (8) (2)||Uruguay - 274 (0) (2)||Bosnia and Herzegovina - 262 (5) (5)|
|Jordan - 246 (1) (18)||North Macedonia - 241 (4) (3)||Kuwait - 235 (0) (64)||Kazakhstan - 228 (1) (16)|
|San Marino - 223 (21) (6)||Burkina Faso - 207 (11) (21)||Albania - 197 (10) (33)||Moldova - 188 (2) (3)|
|Azerbaijan - 182 (4) (15)||Vietnam - 179 (0) (21)||Cyprus - 162 (5) (15)||Oman - 152 (0) (23)|
|Malta - 149 (0) (2)||Reunion - 145 (0) (1)||Ghana - 141 (5) (2)||Senegal - 130 (0) (18)|
|Brunei - 120 (1) (25)||Cuba - 119 (3) (4)||Venezuela - 113 (2) (39)||Sri Lanka - 113 (1) (9)|
|Afghanistan - 110 (4) (2)||Uzbekistan - 104 (2) (0)||Cambodia - 103 (0) (21)||Mauritius - 102 (2) (0)|
|Côte d'Ivoire - 101 (0) (3)||Puerto Rico - 100 (2) (-)||Palestine - 97 (1) (-)||Nigeria - 97 (1) (3)|
|Honduras - 95 (2) (0)||Belarus - 94 (0) (32)||Cameroon - 91 (2) (2)||Georgia - 90 (0) (16)|
|Montenegro - 82 (1) (0)||French-Guadeloupe - 76 (1) (0)||Trinidad and Tobago - 74 (2) (1)||Bolivia - 74 (0) (0)|
|Kosovo - 71 (1) (0)||French-Martinique - 66 (1) (0)||Congo (DRC) - 65 (6) (2)||Jersey - 61 (1) (0)|
|Rwanda - 60 (0) (0)||Liechtenstein - 60 (0) (12)||Kyrgyzstan - 58 (0) (0)||Paraguay - 56 (3) (5)|
|Guam - 51 (1) (-)||Bangladesh - 48 (5) (11)||Monaco - 42 (0) (1)||Guernsey - 39 (0) (0)|
|Kenya - 38 (1) (1)||Macao SAR - 37 (0) (10)||Mayotte - 35 (0) (0)||Guatemala - 34 (1) (10)|
|Isle of Man - 32 (0) (0)||Uganda - 30 (0) (0)||Jamaica - 30 (1) (2)||French Guiana - 28 (0) (0)|
|Zambia - 28 (0) (0)||Barbados - 26 (0) (0)||Madagascar - 26 (0) (0)||Togo - 25 (0) (1)|
|US Virgin Islands - 23 (0) (-)||El Salvador - 19 (0) (0)||Mali - 18 (0) (0)||Maldives - 16 (0) (11)|
|Ethiopia - 16 (0) (0)||Tanzania - 14 (0) (0)||Mongolia - 12 (0) (0)||Djibouti - 12 (0) (0)|
|Equatorial Guinea - 12 (0) (0)||Dominica - 11 (0) (0)||Saint Martin - 11 (0) (2)||The Bahamas - 10 (0) (0)|
|Niger - 10 (1) (0)||Swaziland - 9 (0) (0)||Suriname - 8 (0) (0)||Guinea - 8 (0) (1)|
|Namibia - 8 (0) (2)||Myanmar - 8 (0) (0)||Mozambique - 8 (0) (0)||Guyana - 8 (1) (0)|
|Haiti - 8 (0) (0)||Seychelles - 8 (0) (0)||Laos - 8 (0) (0)||Grenada - 7 (0) (0)|
|Benin - 7 (0) (0)||Zimbabwe - 7 (1) (0)||Gabon - 7 (1) (0)||Vatican City - 6 (0) (0)|
|Eritrea - 6 (0) (0)||Sudan - 5 (1) (0)||Fiji - 5 (0) (0)||Syria - 5 (0) (0)|
|Mauritania - 5 (0) (0)||Nepal - 5 (0) (1)||Republic of the Congo - 4 (0) (0)||Cape Verde - 4 (1) (0)|
|Nicaragua - 4 (1) (0)||Angola - 4 (0) (0)||Liberia - 3 (0) (0)||Libya - 3 (0) (0)|
|Chad - 3 (0) (0)||Central African Republic - 3 (0) (0)||St Lucia - 3 (0) (0)||Bhutan - 3 (0) (0)|
|Somalia - 3 (0) (0)||Antigua and Barbuda - 3 (0) (0)||Saint Barthelemy - 3 (0) (1)||The Gambia - 3 (1) (0)|
|Belize - 2 (0) (0)||Guinea-Bissau - 2 (0) (0)||Papua New Guinea - 1 (0) (0)||St Vincent and the Grenadines - 1 (0) (0)|
|Timor-Leste - 1 (0) (0)|
|Health care for just N350/month
SOSO CARE is a new micro health insurance selling at just N350. With N350 monthly payment, you can access care at any of our 991 partner hospitals in all states for treatment up to N220,000. With our mandate to cover millions of Nigerians, we have received support and validation from UN Habitat and World Bank. To learn more about SOSO CARE visit our https://sosocare.com/ OR call our office 08163471359.
- Buyers dump Nigeria’s Crude despite cut in price Nigeria’s Bonny Light is defying the price slash strategy intended to attract buyers just as refineries in India are adopting ...
- Canada could face legal trouble over refugee deportations, advocates say The majority of these "irregular" migrants came to Canada from countries like Haiti and Nigeria and were in America legally.
- COVID19: NCDC extends laboratories for diagnosis to 6 in Nigeria The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), says it has extended its molecular laboratories with the capacity to detect ...
- COVID-19: DG, Governors’ Forum, wife test negative The Director-General of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), Mr Asishana Okauru, and his wife, Ifueko, have tested negative to ...
- NGF chief, wife test negative for coronavirus Okauru stated this in a statement issued on Saturday in Abuja, following the tests conducted at the Nigeria Centre for ...
- COVID-19: Garba Shehu tests negative, advocates self-isolation Notwithstanding, I advise everyone that we continue the isolation and work from home.” Recall reports that the Nigeria Centre ...
- Coronavirus: We will defeat this together - Bursaspor and Super Eagles star Abdullahi Bursaspor full-back Shehu Abdullahi has urged people to unite in order to defeat the coronavirus. The pandemic which is ...
- Nigeria coronavirus cases hit 97 The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Nigeria is approaching the 100 mark as Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, ...
- Nigeria adds two laboratories to test for Covid-19 Nigeria has added two new centres to the list of laboratories that can test for Covid-19 in the country. The Nigeria Centre ...
- Nigeria’s Coronavirus Figure Soars to 97 Nigeria has recorded eight new cases of coronavirus. The new cases were recorded in the federal capital territory (FCT), Oyo, ...
- Lagos begins clinical trials for virus cure In a related development, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control said it has expanded the number of labs with the capacity to ...
- Over 3,000 entries respond to the Mohammed Bin Rashid Initiative for Global Prosperity Entries were received from more than 83 countries including the United States, Spain, Nigeria, Egypt, Jordan, and the UAE, ...
- Government, banks and wealthy individuals contribute billions to fight coronavirus in Nigeria
- Council on Foreign Relations
- Atlantic Council
- Africanews English
- Unanswered questions as Nigeria braces for coronavirus lockdown Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria imposes restrictions amid sharp rise in COVID-19 cases Aljazeera.com
- Nigeria: At least 100 Boko Haram terrorists killed Anadolu Agency
- Nigeria Wonders How Long It Can Sustain Full-Tilt Oil Price War Bloomberg
- Famously boisterous Nigerian mega-city Lagos adjusts to coronavirus lockdown Reuters
- EDF grant continues Nigeria Crisis Response funding Church of the Brethren Newsline
- Nigeria: COVID-19 Cases On the Rise Human Rights Watch
- Nigeria needs $330 million for coronavirus battle, turns to private sector Yahoo News
- Nigeria reports its first coronavirus-related death CNN
- Africa's richest man helps Nigeria fight COVID-19 Anadolu Agency
- What The US Could Learn From Nigeria’s Response To The COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak Forbes
- Nigerian Security Forces to Enforce Social Distancing Human Rights Watch
- Catholic aid worker calls on leaders to be ‘factual, accurate’ after chloroquine overdose in Nigeria Crux: Covering all things Catholic
- Nigeria: Nigeria Coronavirus Cases Hit 97 AllAfrica - Top Africa News
- Nigeria likely to suffer $15.4bn loss in crude oil earnings EnerCom Inc.
- How Nigeria's kings lost their power BBC News
- Nigeria bans entry for travelers from 13 countries as it announces five new cases of coronavirus CNN
- Nigeria records chloroquine poisoning after Trump endorses it for coronavirus treatment CNN
- At least 50 Nigerian soldiers killed in Boko Haram ambush Al Jazeera English
- Nigeria Makes Brutal Oil Price Cuts. But Has It Gone Low Enough? Bloomberg
- UPDATED: Nigeria records eight new COVID-19 cases, total now 89 The Punch
- Nigerian army prepares for coronavirus lockdown, mass burials Reuters
- Kidnapped Nigerian footballers freed BBC News
- Jack Ma's coronavirus testing kits reach Nigeria Economic Times
- Covid-19: Nigeria receives test kits from Chinese billionaire Ma The Star Online
- The COVID-19 risks you're hearing less about: India, Nigeria, and refugee camps GZERO Media
- Nigeria News, Virus Latest: Chloroquine Poisoning, Trump Tweet Bloomberg
- Nigeria World Cup player Justice Christopher robbed by armed assailants ESPN
- Rail station construction: FG opts for Nigerian professionals The Punch
- How to avert looming recession, by expertsNigeria Guardian
- Victor Olaiya: Nigeria's 'evil genius' trumpeter who influenced Fela Kuti BBC News
- Nigeria says it is ready and more than capable of dealing with coronavirus CNN
- Beaten, raped and forced to work: why I'm exposing the scandal of Nigeria’s house girls The Guardian
- 'Nigeria will deal with this': High alert after coronavirus case Al Jazeera English
- COVID-19: My husband needs your prayers, El-Rufai’s wife begs Nigerians The Punch
- Nigeria gas explosion: 17 dead, rescue efforts under way Al Jazeera English
- How To Become A Billionaire: Nigeria's Oil Baroness Folorunso Alakija On What Makes Tomorrow's Billionaires Forbes Africa
- Coronavirus: Nigeria not stopping pangolin trade, trafficking Quartz Africa
- Nigeria struggles to sell oil despite price cut The Punch
- Dubai Property: An Oasis for Nigeria's Corrupt Political Elites Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Nigerian Christian community faces peril, White House is told The Christian Science Monitor
- Nigeria’s ministers donate 50% of March salary to COVID-19 fight The Punch
- Nigeria international and Enugu Rangers star Ifeanyi George laid to rest Goal.com
- Nigerian doctors go on strike as coronavirus cases rise The New Humanitarian
- Nigerian health system can’t tackle large scale Coronavirus – Tinubu The Punch
- Nigeria prepares for coronavirus outbreak CNN
- Nigeria housing: 'I live in a floating slum' in Lagos BBC News
- “Is It An Asteroid?” Nigerians Question Strange Explosion In Akure Guardian Nigeria
- Nigeria is already dealing with a deadlier viral outbreak than COVID-19 World Economic Forum
- Nigeria Naira Remains Under Strain After Devaluation Bloomberg
- Here are the African countries with confirmed coronavirus cases CNN
- Lessons from Nigeria in Responding to Coronavirus Inter Press Service
- Nigeria’s coronavirus challenge The Punch
- Nigeria: Army Restrictions Stifling Aid Efforts Human Rights Watch
- Oil slump scalps Nigeria, Angola, Mexico ratings; Saudi and Russia spared Reuters
- At least 70 Nigerian soldiers killed in jihadist ambush: Military sources Economic Times
- Influential Nigerian traditional ruler dethroned Al Jazeera English
- COVID-19: Save Nigerians from the Spanish, Italian, Chinese experiences, VOR tells Buhari Vanguard
- BREAKING: Western Diplomats Warn Of Coronavirus Explosion In Nigeria As European Countries Evacuate Citizens SaharaReporters.com
- Letter from Africa: Fake news and Nigeria's media BBC News
- Visa, Nigeria's Paga Team For Global FinTech pymnts.com
- Nigerian Military Eliminates Terrorists at... PR Nigeria News
- Coronavirus: Nigerian celebrities wear blinged-up masks BBC News
- With Dwindling Revenue, Nigeria Faces Uncertain Future THISDAY Newspapers
- Nigeria’s Premium Times faces cyberattacks, intimidation of journalists after publishing leaked documents CPJ Press Freedom Online
- COVID-19 and cancer: Nigeria’s unique quadruple jeopardy Vanguard
- Cameroon refugees struggle to cope with life of need in Nigeria Al Jazeera English
- Ndidi and Osimhen are Nigeria’s best players – Amokachi Goal.com
- Virus Pushes Nigeria to Devalue Currency, Seek Single Rate Bloomberg
- Coronavirus: NMA, CMA react as US woos Nigerian doctors, others The Punch
- They Ordered Her to Be a Suicide Bomber. She Had Another Idea. The New York Times
- Nigeria's 'Rock Goddess' wants to change people's minds Reuters
- BBNaija Star, Tacha, Blasts Buhari For Failing To Address Nigerians On Coronavirus SaharaReporters.com
- Nigeria confirms third coronavirus case Africanews English
- Nigeria to ban interstate travels over coronavirusNigeria Guardian
- Watch as Caf relives Nigeria's ninth Africa Women's Cup of Nations triumph Goal.com
- Import costs into Lagos surpass Ghana, South Africa — Quartz Africa Quartz Africa
- NairaWin: Introducing first Nigeria e-commerce, gaming platformNigeria Guardian
- COVID-19: Nigeria’s Industrialists Rise to the Occasion THISDAY Newspapers
- COVID-19: Otedola pledges N1 billion donation for Nigeria to combat disease Nairametrics
- Benue records first index case of CoronavirusNigeria Guardian
- Is Senate Confirmation Hearing of a natural-born Nigerian in Violation of Dual Citizenship Proposition (1, Article 28)? Front Page Africa
- Nigeria’s Refusal to Devalue Naira Likely to Fail, Again Bloomberg
- Nigeria's Closed Border Boosts Smuggling to Cameroon VOA News
- Africa cases above 1000; Nigeria bars international flights CTV News
- Mike Brown and Nigerian national team find silver lining in delay of Olympics The Undefeated
- Nigeria is a failed country – Bimbo Akinsanya Vanguard
- Political crisis made Flying Eagles wobble, fumble at Nigeria ’95 – Julius The Punch
- COVID-19: FG mulls giving stipends to Nigerians, says Zainab Ahmed TheCable
- Lagos sets up temporary markets, issues guidelines on restrictions Guardian
- Offor Donates $30m Medical Equipment to Nigeria, 18 Others THISDAY Newspapers
- Having Nigerian-made technology devices long overdue — Sodiya The Punch
- Offor Foundation Donates Medical Equipment Worth $30m to Nigeria, 18 Other Countries THISDAY Newspapers
- Coronavirus: Nigeria heading towards economic depression, not recession Premium Times
- Nigeria's ex-Emir of Kano 'mocks' unprofessional dethronement Africanews English
- Netflix’s Head of African Originals Lays Out Streamer’s Plans for the Continent (EXCLUSIVE) Variety
- Oil Drop May Force Nigeria to Devalue Naira as Reserves Sink Bloomberg
- War of words as Nigerian English recognised by Oxford English Dictionary BBC News
- Nigeria's Government Agrees: Islamist Terrorists Target Christians | News & Reporting ChristianityToday.com
- Nigeria records five new cases of coronavirus The Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) has confirmed 5 new cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria within the last 36 hours, bringing total number of confirmed cases in Nigeria to 8. The Minister of Health ...
- Nigeria cases jump to 51 as NCDC confirms five new cases Nigeria announced new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday night, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 51, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has disclosed. The NCDC via it ...
- BREAKING: Nigeria hits 89 as NCDC announces eight new COVID-19 cases The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has announced new cases of confirmed COVID-19. Nigeria now has 89 confirmed ...
- Tinubu ‘ll continue to dominate Nigeria’s political firmament —Fayemi THE Governor of Ekiti State and Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, has said the national leader of the ...
- UPDATED: Nigeria records 10 new positive cases of COVID-19 10 new persons have been confirmed positive to the coronavirus pandemic in Nigeria. The Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) said three of the new cases are in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT ...
- Video Nigeria News Today - Coronavirus: President Buhari's Chief Of Staff, Kyari, and Bauchi Governor, Mohammed, Infected Today's News Highlights Include: [Breaking] Covid-19: Lagos Gov, Sanwo-Olu, shuts markets across Lagos https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/breaking-lagos-gov-sanwo ...
- Covid-19 in Nigeria: keeping it real Now that the truth has overwhelmed the myth, it is advisable that citizens and government agents refrain from creating new ...
- Take Politicians With Coronavirus To Poor Health Centres: AY Comedian Popular comedian, Ayo Makun simply known as AY says all the politicians that have tested positive to coronavirus in Nigeria be taken to the poor health centres they built left for the poor. Read ...
- COVID-19: Nigeria, others to lose $65bn revenue oil money Nigeria and other oil-producing countries in Africa will lose up to $65 billion in revenues because of the impact of Coronavirus on crude oil sales. The Economic Commission for Africa (ECA ...
- Coronavirus cuts passenger traffic into Nigeria Continuous spread of COVID-19 across the globe is affecting the aviation industry as passenger traffic into Nigeria is ...
- As Mindshift rally Nigeria’s youth Prior to the government directive on social distancing, the Mindshift Advocacy for Development Initiative assembled young people in Lagos in furtherance of creating the Nigeria of our dreams.
- Nigeria’s viral reset (1) The coronavirus aka COVID-19 affirms the rabid assertions of Nigerian nature. The virus presents Nigeria as a food for worms. Faith advocates describe it as a divine punishment for our mortal sins ...
- Charting way forward for oil palm production However, Nigeria has not been able to compete with other producers.The path to unlocking the potential of the sector is investing in farmers, trees and fertiliser. Efforts, experts say ...
- Nigeria in lockdown Nwanosike Onu, Awka; Okungbowa Aiwerie, Asaba; Kolade Adeyemi, Kano; Bassey Anthony, Uyo; Ogochukwu Anioke, Abakaliki; AbdulGafar Alabelewe, Kaduna; and Gbenga ...
- Nigeria Coronavirus Cases Hit 97 [Daily Trust] The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Nigeria is approaching the 100 mark as Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, confirmed eight new cases on Saturday, taking the total to 97.
- Explosion Destroys 100 Houses, Schools, Churches in Akure [Vanguard] At least 100 residential buildings, school, churches were reportedly destroyed by an explosion Akure, the Ondo State capital, Saturday morning.
- Coronavirus - Nigeria Heading Towards Economic Depression, Not Recession - Economists [Premium Times] The Nigerian economy is heading towards a major depression, not a recession, two economists and financial analysts have said.
- Kingsley Moghalu Calls for Shutdown & Support for 'Extremely Poor' to Combat Covid-19 [To Build a Nation] Abuja -The Coronavirus Disease-2019 (Covid-19) epidemic presents a difficult and challenging time for the world and our country Nigeria. This crisis has security, social and economic dimensions, and we must now and in its aftermath fundamentally re-examine our patterns of thinking, acting, citizenship and leadership, and how this all translates into governance.
- COVID-19 - Presidency Denies Plans to Pay Nigerians N30,000 [Premium Times] A presidential aide has dismissed reports that the federal government would be paying Nigerians N30,000 as relief fund to help them stock up food in their homes.
- Eight New Cases, Total Now at 89 [Premium Times] Benue State has recorded its first confirmed case of Covid-19, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has announced.
- Covid-19 - Buhari Receives Briefing From Health Minister, NCDC [Vanguard] Abuja -President Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday, received a briefing from the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehinare, and the Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, at Presidential Villa, Abuja.
- Nigeria Coronavirus Cases Hit 70 [Vanguard] Nigeria on Saturday recorded another five new cases of #COVID19 bringing g the cases to 70.
- Coronavirus - Workers Oppose Plan to Use National Hospital as Isolation Centre [Premium Times] Some workers of the National Hospital in Abuja have kicked against moves by the management to convert a ward at the facility to an isolation centre for coronavirus patients.
- Why the Nation's Film Industry Is Lagging Behind - Fred Amata [Daily Trust] Lagos -The President of Directors' Guild of Nigeria (DGN), Olorogun Fred Amata has said that the Nigerian film industry is lagging behind its competitors in South Africa and North Africa because the industry is bedevilled with several problems including, piracy, lack of structures, equipment, infrastructure and financial constraints.
- 'Lagos' COVID-19 Cases May Rise to 39,000' [Daily Trust] Lagos -Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi said from its "mathematical modeling" the state may see up to 39, 000 COVID-19 cases in a worst-case scenario.
- Responding to the Covid-19 Pandemic [This Day] The authorities could do more to contain the transmission of the viral disease
- Confusion as Explosion Occurs in Akure [Premium Times] An explosion has occurred along Akure-Owo expressway, a few kilometres from the Akure metropolis.
- Despite Buhari's Reforms, Cost of Shipping Goods to Nigeria Still Very High [Premium Times] The cost of shipping goods into Nigerian ports is among the highest in the world, with the figure for Apapa port costing more than thrice of that to Tema, Ghana, according to new research by SBM Intelligence.
- Nigeria to Suffer $15.4bn Loss in Crude Oil Earnings - Analysts [Daily Trust] Nigeria and other African economies are projected to record substantial revenue losses, particularly from the oil and gas sector, as the devastating effects of the Coronavirus pandemic continues its devastating toll on the various economies.
- Country Records 176 Deaths From Lassa Fever Outbreak [This Day] Amidst the burden from COVID-19, Nigeria has recorded three new deaths from Lassa fever, bringing the total number of deaths in the country to 176 since the outbreak in January.
- The Other COVID-19 Pandemic - Fake News [African Arguments] False information in Nigeria is undermining medical advice, proffering fake cures, inciting panic and being used for political point-scoring.
- Coronavirus - Report Returnees Not Observing Self-Isolation - Minister Urges Nigerians [Premium Times] Nigerians have been asked to help the government in identifying anybody who returned to the country within the past few weeks without observing the compulsory 14-days self-isolation.
- Coronavirus - How We're Coping With Emergency Homeschooling, 'Restless' Kids - Nigerian Mums [Premium Times] Mums across the world are currently grappling with the demands of homeschooling their kids as schools have closed in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Sowore Alleges Plot to Re-Arrest Him Over Coronavirus Report [Premium Times] Rights activist and publisher of SaharaReporters, Omoyele Sowore, has accused the Nigerian government of plotting to detain him over his report on the Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, testing positive for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 - Forum Urges Lalong to Establish Centres in Senatorial Zones [Daily Trust] The Plateau Elders Forum has urged Governor Simon Lalong to establish at least one screening and isolation centres in each of the senatorial districts in the state.
- Sports Will Struggle to Recover From COVID-19 Chaos - Galadima [Daily Trust] A former chairman of the then Nigeria Football Association and Patron of Nigeria Olympics Committee, NOC, Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima has said the devastating effects of coronavirus pandemic on sports would take a long time to go away.
- COVID-19 - Terminal Operators Want Ports to Remain Open [This Day] Terminal operators at the nation's seaports have stressed the need for the nation's ports to remain open at all times while the federal and state governments battle to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Spike in Suicide Rates [This Day] The limping economy may be contributory to the problem
- Zamfara Governorship: Supreme Court Dismisses APC's Application to Review Judgment [Premium Times] The Supreme Court, on Friday, dismissed an application, asking it to review its judgement which nullified the victory of the candidates of the All Progressive Congress (APC) at the 2019 general elections held in Zamfara State.
- Coronavirus - We've No Record of Cases Detected On Vessels, NPA Replies NCDC [Premium Times] The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has stated that it has not recorded any coronavirus case on any vessel.
- Africa Senior Athletics Championships Postponed [This Day] The 22nd edition of the Africa Senior Athletics championships has been postponed to 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Tremendoc Provides Support for Nigerians [This Day] Tremendoc, Africa's leading telemedicine platform, has announced the expansion of its operation team to make available a team of 200 doctors to provide medical assistance to Nigerians and the world to help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 - Buhari Salutes Elumelu, Rabiu, Dangote, Atiku, Others for Contributions [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari has saluted public-spirited Nigerians and organisations for standing up to be counted in the battle against the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Death Toll From Lassa Fever Outbreak Hits 193 - NCDC [Vanguard] The death toll from the Lassa fean outbreak of Lassa fever has risen to 173, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has said.
- Coronavirus: Ogun shuts routes to other states, Benin Republic
- COVID-19: Why I’m in self-isolation – Gov. Makinde
- Coronavirus: In Lagos, Traders Close Shops But Loiter in Markets
- Coronavirus: Returnee Nigerian allegedly assaults health workers for asking him to self-isolate
- COVID-19: Cross River bans religious gatherings of more than 5 persons
- Bayelsa gets new police commissioner
- Coronavirus: Peace Mass Transit stops operations nationwide
- Covid-19: Nine persons arrested for flouting Ebonyi govt ban on burial
- Coronavirus: Enugu closes entry points, markets
- Governors’ Forum DG, wife, test negative to Coronavirus
- Suspected bandits kill 29 security operatives in Niger
- Covid-19: Panic buying as Kwara closes markets, bans commercial transportation
- Groom, five others kidnapped in Taraba
- Coronavirus: 47 of 70 suspected cases in Bauchi test negative – Official
- Dissenting Supreme Court judge in Imo election case maintains position in Zamfara’s
- Coronavirus: Two Kaduna clerics arrested for violating restriction
- Gov. Matawalle warns against incitement after Supreme Court verdict
- Zamfara Governorship: Why Supreme Court dismissed APC’s application to review judgement
- UNICEF to World Leaders: Don’t abandon vaccinations despite coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Infected hypertensive patients should continue their medications – Experts
- Coronavirus: Nigeria records eight new cases, totaling 89
- SPECIAL REPORT: Residents lament as abandoned NDDC health centres litter Imo
- INFOGRAPH: Despite international interventions, child malnutrition still high in Borno
- INVESTIGATION: Why Lagos govt’s N5.6bn cardio-renal centre remains grounded, in terrible state
- Coronavirus: Taskforce to decide on travel bans as Nigeria confirms third Covid-19 case
- Cases of of coronavirus in Nigeria now 97
- How to avert looming recession, by experts
- COVID-19: Buhari urges Nigerians to heed advice on Coronavirus
- Lagos NYSC coordinator to engage Corps medical practitioners
- Lalong is not under self-isolation
- Ogun: 75 demoted monarchs seek court intervention
- Buhari did not approve N30,000 stay-at-home fund — Presidency
- Lagos task force chair, Egbeyemi, others to be disciplined
- Tinubu asks World Bank, IMF to suspend debt repayments
- Kaduna clerics arrested for holding Jumat prayers
- Zulum donates N23.5m to families of fallen soldiers
- Nigeria records eight new COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus fears spark urban exodus across Africa
- South African police fire rubber bullets at shoppers during lockdown
- Ghana announces lockdown in two key regions
- DR Congo army kills eastern rebel chief
- Coronavirus shakes up politicians across Africa
- Chad declares Lake areas 'war zone' after deadly Boko Haram attack
- AU chief in quarantine after staffer positive for coronavirus
- Uganda police shoot 2 for violating movement ban
- South Africa: first 2 coronavirus deaths, cases top 1,000
- North Korea fires two short-range 'ballistic missiles' into sea
- Turkey coronavirus deaths pass 100: health minister
- Italy, Spain suffer record virus deaths as infection rate surges
- UK coronavirus deaths pass 1,000
- Spain counts 832 deaths in 24 hours, pushing toll to 5,690
- Iran coronavirus death toll tops 2,500
- 'Super-spreader' guru puts Indian villages on high alert
- Trump signs $2 trillion recovery plan as US virus cases skyrocket
- As rich nations battle COVID-19, anxiety grows for low-income states
- Covid-19: Felix King Foundation earmarks N25m palliative for rural women
- Troops eliminated 100 insurgents, lost 29 soldiers, military clarifies
- Sanwo-Olu rolls out economic stimulus for residents, targets 200,000 households in first phase
- Nasarawa government, deputy, Emir test negative
- Don’t accommodate more than three passengers in your car – VIO warns drivers
- Again, Supreme Court refuses to review own judgment
- NairaWin: Introducing first Nigeria e-commerce, gaming platform
- Government must respond to COVID-19 with anti-poverty measures, says Don
- Odumosu apprehends police officers involved in unprofessional conduct in viral video
- Abia warriors extends break by 10 days
- Sagna hits back at Fabregas’s claims ‘only Van Persie, Nasri’ were on his level
- Amokachi advises Ighalo to dump Man United for China’s N190 million-a-week pay
- Ministry provides 57 MKO Stadium suites, other facilities as COVID-19 treatment centres
- Computer Village market operators claim N20b loss as lockdown order takes effect
- Local airlines shutdown over 70 per cent traffic slump
- Employers seek buffer for businesses to avert job losses
- Workers may lose $3.4 trillion income to COVID-19, says ILO
- CBN, private sector form committee against COVID-19 crisis
- Wema Bank supports Abule-Ado relief fund initiative
- Veterinary council to support fight against COVID-19
- BPE develops framework to curtail global pandemic
- Report shows significant uptick in COVID-19 cyber-scams
- Bears sustain dominance as prices of major stocks dip
- Recapitalisation, micro-insurance hold key to sector’s growth
- Price stability, domestic content czar reigns
- Reforming microfinance to alleviate poverty, foster national development
- Small businesses still go global
- Tokyo stocks close up more than 2%
- ‘Coordinated policy, multilateral leadership required to limit effects of COVID-19 on workers’
- Experts seek ways to curb child abuse
- Financial stocks lift NSE’s market capitalisation by N15 billion
- Investors lose N2.3tr in three weeks of first COVID-19 case in Nigeria
- Investors seek reduction in cost of banks credit to MSMEs
- How CBN’s intervention will impact banking operations
- A'Ibom community tackles Mobil over 'paltry' development grant
- UNEP Report: Ogoni accuse Buhari of being slow on implementation
- ‘Oil companies not leaving Nigeria in next 30 years’
- Global refineries slow down production as fuel demand falls
- Airlines hinge survival on cash bailout, loan guarantees, rebates
- Air travellers prepare for 2021 restart
- IMF proffers initiatives to mitigate economic impact of pandemic in SSA
- C&I Leasing completes 28% buyout of Petrotech JV
- Nigeria’s industrial sector in perspective, by MAN
- Services trade growth weakens as COVID-19 crisis hits global economy
- Veterinary council to support fight against COVID-19
- VFD Group unveils digital banking app V
- Ondo explosion: Afenifere calls for inquiry
Bamigbola Gbolagunte, Akure The Pan Yoruba socio-cultural organization, Afenifere has called on the Inspector-General of Police and the Ondo State
- We didn’t give N300m subventions to NITDA –NCC
The management of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has denied the allegation that it gave N300 million to Nigeria Information
- Covid-19: Cleric seeks Ugwuanyi’s intervention to end global pandemic
Paul Osuyi, Asaba A cleric, Olisadebelum Onuoha has vowed to put an end to the ravaging Coronavirus disease also known
- Ogun Deputy Governor tasks youths on skill acquisition
Omoniyi Salaudeen Ogun State Deputy Governor, Engr. Noimot Salako-Oyedele has stressed the need for young undergraduates and graduates in the
- Emeka Offor Foundation donates medical equipment to Nigeria, 18 African countries
Fred Itua, Abuja Emeka Foundation has donated educational materials and other healthcare facilities running into millions of dollars to hospitals
- Gaming: State regulators seek clear roles for NLRC
Gambling industry regulators under the aegis of the Association of State Gaming Regulators (ASGR) have called on the Federal Government
- Covid-19: NCDC debunks social media report on ignoring people
Fred Ezeh, Abuja Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has asked Nigerians to disregard statement from some “faceless” individuals claiming
- Retired Primate Okoh laments alleged adulteration of Bible doctrines
David Onwuchekwa, Nnewi Retired Archbishop, Metropolitan and Primate of All Nigeria, Most Rev Nicholas Okoh has described the alleged move
- Lagos residents protest indiscriminate parking of articulated trucks
Peter Anosike Residents of the 28 estates located along Ago-Palace Way, Okota, Lagos have protested against frequent accidents caused by
- …Experts urge couples to embrace family planning, task journalists on proper coverage
Laide Raheem (Abeokuta) and Paul Osuyi (Asaba) Experts in reproductive health in Delta State have encouraged couples to embrace suitable
- Buhari’s wife denies condemning Onnoghen’s suspension
- Unions call for safer measures as COVID-19 cases worsen
Unions in the aviation industry have called on the various agency managements to prioritise the provision of sanitary apparels, consumables
- Covid-19: Why local airlines need government’s bailout
Louis Ibah The old saying that the eyes cannot escape bearing the consequences of a diseased nose fits perfectly into
- COVID-19: FG grants Air France-KLM permission to evacuate citizens
Chinelo Obogo The Federal Government has granted Air France-KLM one-week approval to operate ‘essential flights’ in order to evacuate French
- IATA pleads with govts to ensure cargo supply lines remain open
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) and its members have renewed their call to governments to take urgent measures to
- Joshua ‘fit and healthy’ in self-isolation
Anthony Joshua remains ‘fit and healthy’ despite coming into contact with Prince Charles only a couple of weeks before the
- Abule Ado explosion worsens Lagos housing deficit
Maduka Nweke, [email protected] Although different authorities, and organisations have pledged to support victims of the Abule Ado explosion to cushion the
- Patronise ponzi schemes, burn your fingers –SEC
Uche Usim, Abuja For the umpteenth time, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC ) has warned Nigerians against patronising fund
- Estate focus: Orchid Court, GRA Ikeja
Living in residential estates as opposed to living elsewhere seems to be the ideal thing to do. As expected most
- LASG, stakeholders proffer solutions to property disaster
Maduka Nweke In order to check incessant and devastating state of building collapse in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria,
- Constituency fund: BudgIT, stakeholders decry abandoned projects
Stakeholders in built industry in Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra State have decried the low social amenities in the
- Easter: Don’t compromise your faith, Kumuyi tells Christians
- Jokolo, Ango Abdullahi dissect removal of Sanusi as Emir
Kenny Ashaka Deposed Emir of Gwandu, Alhaji Al-Mustapha Haruna Jokolo and the Northern Elders Forum Chairman, Prof Ango Abdullahi last
- COVID-19: Govt not proactive in stopping disease spread –Ummah Getso
Daniel Kanu Umma Getso, right activist and politician ran on the platform of the Young Progressives Party (YPP) as its
- Why North won’t surrender power in 2023 –Yerima Shettima
By Daniel Kanu The National President, Arewa Youths Consultative Forum (AYCF), Yerima Shettima, over the years has grown to establish himself
- Supreme Court dismisses APC’s bid to reclaim Zamfara
Godwin Tsa, Abuja The Supreme Court, on Friday, refused to set-aside its judgement that sacked all candidates of the All
- 2023 presidency shouldn’t be do-or-die affair for Igbo –Onwudiwe, President, Aka Ikenga
President, Aka Ikenga, a body of Igbo Professionals, Oscar Onwudiwe has said the coveted 2023 presidency must not be seen
- I don’t care about Tinubu’s 2023 presidential ambition – El-Rufai
Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye, Abuja Kaduna state governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has said that he cares less if the national leader of
- If I was given N6 billion bribe, do you think I will still be here? –Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, Ex-Appeal Court President
On March 5, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa bowed out of the Bench as she clocked the statutory mandatory retirement age of
- APC may disintegrate ahead of 2023 –Ajomale
Former Chairman, Lagos state APC and Chairman Emeritus, Conference of APC states Chairmen, Chief Henry Ajomale has warned that there’s
- Why APC may run into troubled waters in 2023 –Ibrahim Kasai
Ibrahim Kasai is a former Nigerian Ambassador to Ukraine and member of the Board of Trustees, President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign
- Uzodinma’s S’Court victory: Ilomuanya tells critics to shun crab mentality, criticize constructively
VIVIAN ONYEBUKWA Obi of Obinugwu and Chairman, Igbo Traditional Rulers Forum, Eze (Dr) Cletus Ilomuanya, has implored the people of
- Court rules on Kalu’s objection to exhibit tendered by EFCC today
- Tonto Dike pledges support in fight against coronavirus
Nigerian celebrity and founder of the Tonto Dikeh Foundation, Tonto Dikeh, has pledged free sanitisers, face masks and hand gloves
- Davido goes into self-isolation as partner, Chioma, tests positive for coronavirus
Ace Nigerian music star David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, says he has decided to go into self-isolation as his
- Billionaire Oba Akinruntan unruffled over multi-billion assets’ losses
For so many years, the colourful Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, Olugbo of Ugboland, has lived as epitome of high-society life
- Billionaire’s heir apparent Dumo Lulu-Briggs laughs last
Fifteen months after the death of oil magnate and Kalabari High Chief Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs, the ensued raging war within
- Fans hail Ultimate Love Reality TV show as finale airs on Sunday
In what seemed like an uncertain start on Sunday, 9 February, the debut season of the Ultimate Love reality TV
- When NPA boss, Hadiza Bala Usman let off her ‘pain’
Meeting pretty Hadiza Bala Usman for the first time, aside her smooth gap-toothed face, she will strike as intelligent and
- Real reason billionaire mogul, Olu Okeowo is cursing
With the Corona virus pandemic ravaging every part of the world including Nigeria and many high profile individuals testing positive,
- Alaafin, Ooni, Adams for Osun festival
The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, and the Aareonakakanfo of Yorubaland,
- Sometimes, I feel the need for man’s company –Uche Elendu
In the wake of government’s stay-at-home order due to coronavirus pandemic, Nollywood actress Uche Elendu has bemoaned her loneliness, revealing
- I don’t do sex toys –Olive Utalor
For Nollywood actress, Olive Utalor, this period of self-isolation and social distancing due to coronavirus pandemic should be an opportunity
- March 29, Falling Oil Prices, Bigger Threat to Nigeria’s Inflation
- March 29, How to Mitigate Coronavirus Economic Doom Prediction, A Guide to Business
- March 29, Potential Impact Of Covid-19 On Africa’s Agricultural Landscape
- March 29, Covid-19: As CBN, Bankers’ Committee Rally Support for the Economy
- March 28, Retail Players Advised to Chart New Growth Channels
- March 29, How to Mitigate Coronavirus Economic Doom Prediction, A Guide to Business
- March 29, Potential Impact Of Covid-19 On Africa’s Agricultural Landscape
- March 29, Covid-19: As CBN, Bankers’ Committee Rally Support for the Economy
- March 28, Retail Players Advised to Chart New Growth Channels
- March 27, UBA Provides N5bn to Fight COVID-19 in Africa
- March 27, COVID-19: CBN Suspends BDCs’ Trading for Two Weeks
- March 27, Fidelity Bank Adopts Safety Measures against COVID-19
- March 27, FirstBank Introduces e-Learning Tool for Students
- March 27, CSCS Goes Digital as Stock Market Closes on Positive Note
- March 27, Workers May Lose Jobs over Airport Closure
- March 27, COVID-19: Terminal Operators Want Ports to Remain Open
- March 27, BOAN Applauds Customs’ Reversal of Ban on Cargo Movement
- March 27, COVID-19: LG Boss Wants Ships from High Risk Countries Stopped
- March 27, Sirika Receives Award
- March 27, Maritime Workers Close Secretariat, Postpone NEC Meeting
- March 27, Hapag Lloyd Liner Makes Maiden Call at Ports & Cargo Terminal
- March 27, COVID-19: Need to Rescue Nigerian Airlines
- March 27, Muogho: Our Aim is to Decongest Apapa Port, Eliminate Gridlock
- March 27, Air Cargo Bottlenecks May Put Lives at Risk, Says IATA
- March 27, Boeing Executives to Give Up Pay
- March 27, S’African Airways Seeks More Time for Turn Around
- March 27, Retailers Groan as Airlines Ground Operations
Youtube data use
|| 80MB|| 200MB