- Rivers closes down 1,866 “illegal” private schools
- We’ll dethrone, prosecute any monarch who aids kidnappers —Ambode
- 12, 000 entreprenuers access CBN loans in Edo
- Group urges NASS to reject Buhari’s request for $7bn fresh loan
- Group urges NASS to reject Buhari’s request for $7bn fresh loan
- Businessman in court over alleged N4.4m fuel fraud
- No cause for apprehension over Buhari’s health ―Presidency
- Stop blaming others for lack of development in North ―Atiku
- 19 ships discharging petroleum products, other commodities in Lagos
- Doctors want Buhari to rest —Presidency
- FG policies stifling Nigerian airlines —Med-View boss
- Issuing project-related bonds will help fund 2017 budget deficit —Ogungbesan
- BDCs, regulators confront compliance issues to save naira
- Electricity supply will be stable overtime, not overnight —IBEDC boss
- Interesting dimensions of Nigeria’s currency war
- Value re-orientation critical to economic growth —ICAN President
- Evolving a National Payment System legislation for Nigeria
- Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit and hunger for development
- Evolving a National Payment System legislation for Nigeria
- Nigeria, currency counterfeiting and unsubstantiated claims
- ‘Gifty is my girlfriend’, Mr. 2Kay opens up on relationship with BBNaija housemate
- Shina Peller wades into Ice Prince, Davido face-off
- Davido set for another child from girlfriend in two weeks
- CD piracy’ll soon become a thing of the past —Guitarman
- R. Kelly sued by Mississippi Sheriff over sexual affair
- Aretha Franklin blasts Dionne Warwick for a five-year-old comment
- Ronya Man Arts to perform at Keexs Ibile launch
- MI appeals to fans to be patient until new project comes out
- K1 names new child at 60
- Onyeka Onwenu returns to music with three videos
- Measles vaccine also protective from diarrhoea, pneumonia —Study
- Meningitis: UNICEF places Ekiti on surveillance
- NGO facilitates malaria prevention in 10,000 employees of ExxonMobil company
- US-based medical experts offer free services to 3,000 indigents of Imo
- Polio: Kumbotso LG immunises 186,327 children
- VIDEO: How simple treatment for severe bleeding could save lives of mothers in Nigeria —Experts
- NGO empowers 40,000 HIV affected children
- NGO urges establishment of homes for the aged to stem street begging
- FG policy will engender confidence in local produce ―Adewole
- Group applauds malaria vaccine trial in Africa
- The United States and Nigeria's Struggling Democracy [AfricaPlus] Richard Joseph -On March 6-8, 2017, a Forum Series on Democracy and Insecurity in Africa took place in Evanston and Chicago, Illinois. The featured speakers were Professor Wale Adebanwi, Ambassador John Campbell, and Professor Attahiru Jega.  At the time of these forums, uncertainty was growing in Nigeria. President Mohammadu Buhari had been away in London on medical leave for several weeks and the nature of his illness remained undisclosed.  The plunge in global oil prices had further depressed the economy, and a m
- There's No Boko Haram Resurgence, Nigerian Military Assures [Premium Times] Director, Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, briefing Newsmen during a Monthly News Conference on Defence and Security in Abuja on Friday (28/4/17). 02329/28/4/2017/Johnson Udeani/ICE/NAN
- Another Lawmaker Attacked By Irate Mob, House Ransacked [Premium Times] About one week after protesters attacked lawmakers and other public officials at a political event in Katsina, another lawmaker has been attacked.
- Lagos Rescues 237 Abandoned Babies in One Year [Guardian] The Lagos State government said it rescued 237 abandoned babies from across the metropolis in the last one year. The Commissioner for Youth and Social Development, Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yussuf, disclosed this yesterday while briefing journalists in Alausa.
- Whistle-Blower Policy - Anti-Graft Unit Recovers N17 Billion [Premium Times] The Acting Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, on Thursday said the introduction of the whistle-blower policy by the federal government has led to the recovery of about N17billion by the commission.
- Economy Would Be Out of Recession By Second Quarter - Central Bank [This Day] The Central Bank of Nigeria has restated that the Nigerian economy would come out of the recession in the second quarter of 2017.
- Why I Am Rarely Seen in Public - President Buhari [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that despite insinuations about his alleged poor health, there is no need for apprehension over recovery.
- 19 Ships Discharging Petroleum Products, Other Commodities in Lagos [Daily Trust] Nineteen ships are discharging petroleum products and other commodities at Apapa and Tin-Can Island Ports in Lagos, the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) said on Friday.
- Mushin Fracas - 15 Gangsters Get 2-Year Jail Term [Daily Trust] Lagos -Fifteen out of the 68 suspected gangsters arrested over the bloody war that occurred at Akala-Idi Oro areas of Mushin, Lagos were yesterday handed a two-year jail term by a Lagos Mobile Court.
- Defence Headquarters Says No 'Resurgence of Insurgency' in North-East [Daily Trust] The Defence Headquarters has reassured Nigerians that there is no "resurgence of insurgency" in the North East, particularly in Borno in spite of pockets of attacks and suicide bombings in the state.
- Bankers Committee Establishes E-Fraud Database to Blacklist Fraudsters [Vanguard] The Bankers Committee, yesterday, said it will establish a database of suspected electronic fraud in the banking industry with the aim of blacklisting suspected fraudsters.
- Sanusi Under Fire [This Day] After stirring the hornet's nest on the negative impact of Islamic conservatism in the north, the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II?, is now under the fire from the northern establishment.
- N8.2 Billion Nigeria 2009 Broadcast Vans in Rot [This Day] Abuja -The huge investment of N8.2billion by federal government into upgrading the Outside Broadcast Vans for the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2009 appears to have gone down the drain following the brazen cannibalisation of the component parts of the vans that have reduced them to monumental relics.
- Revenue Board Seals Sam Egwu, Martin Elechi's Properties [Daily Trust] Abakaliki -The Acting Chairman, Ebonyi State Board of Internal Revenue, Dr Christian Achi yesterday said properties belonging to two former governors - Dr. Sam Egwu and Chief Martin Elechi - were sealed over tax evasion.
- How U.S. Worked With 12 Anti-Jonathan Govs - Former Governor [Vanguard] Former Governor of Niger State, Dr. Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu has revealed that US government officials invited, at least, 12 northern governors to the US to ascertain their level of commitment to removing Jonathan and not just on how to curtail the Boko Haram insurgency as suggested.
- Govt to Build Courts in Prisons - Dambazau [Daily Trust] The Federal Government is working on co-locating courts and prisons to fast track the process of administering justice in the country.
- Closure of IDP Camps May 29 Unrealistic - NEMA [Daily Trust] Maiduguri -The Northeast Zonal Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEM) has described as 'unrealizable' the decision by the Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima to close all IDP camps in the state on May 29 and send the IDPs to their respective homes.
- State Security Service in Recruitment Scandal [Premium Times] Nigeria's internal secret service, the State Security Service (SSS), is enmeshed in a recruitment scandal following the exposure of a shocking lopsidedness in the composition of the new officers recently absorbed into the agency.
- Why Nigeria Is Not Making Progress - Ex-Vice President [Premium Times] Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar says Nigeria will continue to grapple with the crisis of severe and debilitating socio-economic problems unless it gets the structures of the federalism and governance right.
- Lagos Is Nigeria's Most Indebted State With Highest Domestic, Foreign Debts [Premium Times] Lagos State, which has the highest domestic debt among all 36 states, also has the highest foreign debt as at December 31, 2016, according to official figures.
- Two Dead, Many Injured As Building Collapses in Lagos [Daily Trust] Lagos -Two persons were said to have died while many were injured when a two-storey building undergoing construction in NICON Town Estate, Lekki, collapsed.
- Senate May Pass Budget Next Week, Says Senate Leader [Premium Times] Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawan, on Thursday said the Senate would conclude legislative work on the 2017 appropriation bill next week and pass it to President Muhammadu Buhari for assent.
- Stop Blaming Others for Lack Development in North - Atiku [Daily Trust] Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar on Thursday said the north must stop the blame game over lack of tangible development in the region.
- Governors Establish Committee to Probe Nation's Ecological Fund [Premium Times] The governors of Nigeria's 36 states have formed a committee to audit the country's Ecological Fund.
- Police Bow to Pressure, Return All Items Seized From Senator Goje's Home [Premium Times] The Nigeria Police have succumbed to pressure by the National Assembly and returned all items, including budget documents taken from the residence of the chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Danjuma Goje a raid last week.
- Sheriff Pulls Out of Jonathan's Reconciliation Move [Premium Times] The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ali Sheriff, has said he is pulling out of the reconciliation move of the former President Goodluck Jonathan to resolve the party's leadership crisis.
- CBN Offers $100 Million Forex to Dealers [Daily Trust] The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Thursday said it had offered 100 million dollars to authorised dealers as its intervention to stabilise the foreign exchange market.
- National Assembly - Police Have Taken Away 2017 Budget [Daily Trust] The National Assembly yesterday said Police took away critical component of the 2017 budget during the raid on residence of the chairman of the Senate Committee on Appropriation, Senator Danjuma Goje (APC, Gombe).
- Babachir/Oke - Osinbajo Panel Resumes Sitting [Daily Trust] The presidential panel probing the allegations of violations of law and due process against the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation Babachir Lawal, in the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North-East resumed work today.
- Church Wants Govt to Build Industries With Recovered Loots [This Day] Umuahia -The Methodist Church of Nigeria, Umuahia Diocese has advised the federal government to make proper use of the funds so far recovered from treasury looters by investing the huge amounts in establishment of industries to create job opportunities for the nation's teeming unemployed youths.
- West Africa Mobile Awards Finalists Announced The West Africa Mobile Awards (WAMAS), the West African technology awards which looks to recognise the region’s leading mobile and tech companies, today announced the 2017 shortlisted finalists. With over 150 submissions coming in from across 14 countries the awards looks to build on the success of last year’s WAMAS. 2017 has produced a [&hellip...
- Nigerian Banks urged to undergo digital transformation Nigerian banks were recently met with Signal Alliance and Cisco. In the meeting the two companies showcased just how the banks can improve their operations and security to be more efficient without spending above their budget. Speaking at the Signal...
- NCC warns Nigerian telecoms over illegal spectrum usage The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has given telecoms companies who are illegally using a certain frequency spectrum 14 days to stop or risk facing sanctions. The Commission highlighted that the use of any spectrum by telecoms companies who do not...
- Healthcare companies to improve care plan delivery to patients Med-e-Mass, a developer of management applications for the healthcare industry, has partnered with Datos Health, developer of a Patient-Generated Health Data (PGHD) management solution, to link care plan incentives to a patient’s remote health progress,...
- NMB bank launches online interactive support centre NMB Bank has launched an interactive support centre, while also launching itself onto social media, providing customers with several means of interacting with the bank and obtaining information and assistance online. The bank now has a presence on Facebook,...
- South Africa: Over 1 million township residents to get Wifi VAST Networks, a leading open access Wi-Fi provider, is set to give 1.5 million Gauteng township residents an affordable alternative to access the Internet. Currently in over 2,000 high-density locations in transport hubs, malls, office parks and townships...
- Business Intelligence landscape perception and reality Organisations need to embrace the digital revolution in order to remain relevant and get the opportunities that come with digital transformation. An effective Business Intelligence systems help place the organisation’s processes in perspective while...
- LG unveils 4K OLED range in South Africa LG Electronics on Tuesday unveiled the new LG 4K television range which include LG OLED and Super HUD, both feature active HDR and support for Dolby vision. This rage won 58 awards at this years CES. LG’s 2017 OLED TVs feature a blade-slim design and...
- The importance of optimizing technology for the classroom Microsoft today released its findings from a new education survey of nearly 50 educators in South Africa, in which they expressed the challenges and opportunities in optimizing technology for the classroom as well as the skillsets required to succeed. The...
- Legacy IT still hindering transformation for large companies Dell EMC, earlier this week, released the results of a new study conducted by Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). The study surprisingly revealed that a large portion of senior IT leaders and decision-makers of large companies around the world admitted that...
- Kenya Leads Africa’s Internet Race Having access to the internet provides much needed access to information. This access can have a massive influence on one’s life as it offers access to education, work opportunities or news. It is clear that Africa has not attained the high internet...
- Vodacom wins IoT Company of the Year in Nigeria Vodacom Business Nigeria was announced as the winner of The Internet of Things (IoT) Focused Company and Enterprise Solutions Provider of the Year Awards at the 2017 Beacon of ICT (BoICT) Awards. The 8th edition of the awards saw over 1,952 739 Nigeria...
- Twitter reacts to Safaricom network outage Kenyans who use the Safaricom network were not able to make calls, send messages and use the internet after the telecoms company suffered a network outage that affected the entire country. Customers were not able to send or receive calls or text messages for...
- Somalia’s first taxi hailing app goes live In a bid to provide a better transportation system, tech entrepreneurs from Somalia have launched the country’s first taxi hailing app Waryaa Taxi, much like Uber, it allows customers to book rides from their smartphones. For those who do not have...
- The impact of AI on customer experience At a time when technology is adopted to automate manually driven processes, companies need to avoid the temptation of replacing the human touch entirely. This is especially the case where artificial intelligence (AI) is used to refine the customer experience...
- Nigeria to welcome 4G network after Airtel partners with ZTE Airtel Networks Limited and ZTE have announced a strategic partnership to launch 4G (fourth generation wireless mobile telecommunications technology) in Nigeria. Having beeen the first telecoms operator in the country to complete a successful 4G trial, in...