- Dogara welcomes President
- Lassa Fever: LUTH empaneled enquiry committee to audit how 3 doctors were infected
- World Humanitarian Day: Stakeholders call for protection of aid workers
- Lassa Fever outbreak: Kwara community warns commissioner against unnecessary deaths
- Agency intervention halt community/SPDC crisis in Bayelsa
- Bayelsa: Otuoke varsity JAC at loggerheads with Saraki
- FCT to inaugurate own internal revenue service
- FG meets health experts on Diabetes, other Non-Communicable Diseases in Abuja
- Govt condemned orgy of violence, killings at APC congress
- JAMB mega Computer Based Centre will ease examination conduct ―Oloyede
- The harder I work, the easier my task becomes —Folorunsho Alakija
- Beat student syndrome to achieve your career goals
- FAAN and the gains of executive order
- Tips for career success
- I put in 18 hours into my business everyday —Dangote
- Our product is getting better and cheaper for Nigerians —British Airways
- Software: Nigerians must know that local contents are cheaper, better —Abioye
- ATM: 50 years of retail banking automation
- Oniha: Dawn of a new era at DMO
- ETISALAT: A business romance gone sour
- Ilorin welcomes Gbenga Adeyinka’s Laffmatazz
- FCMB, Eko Tag rewards artists at Art Express 115
- Pasuma fans club gets new exco
- I feel proud to be accepted in Africa —Neil Bajayo
- Fuji musician, RK1 plans big for 35 years on stage
- Amaechi Muonagor, Woli Arole, others to feature in new Superstory Season
- PMAN, agency clash over creative industry bar coding project
- Yemi Alade performs in hometown, says “My late father would have been proud”
- Zainab Balogun, Kenneth Okolie star in ‘Royal Hibiscus Hotel’ movie
- Bukky Wright is my mentor —Joke Jigan
- Prostate complications: Surgeon recommends urgent treatment
- ‘Marijuana increases hypertension death risk’
- Sickle cell children can live long — Expert
- Ogun residents to enjoy free eye surgery
- Oyo inaugurates committee on strategic health plan
- Lassa fever: Govt should improve emergencies preparedness ―Researcher
- NGO advises Nigerians on regular medical check up
- Okokomaiko Community in Lagos acquires new clinic for Family Planning services
- UNDP to integrate conflict prevention, peace building training into NYSC
- Open drugs market ends 2018, says Minister
- Buhari Returns After More Than 100 Days in London [Guardian] Nigeria's president Muhammadu Buhari has returned to the country after more than 100 days in the United Kingdom, where he received treatment for an undisclosed ailment.
- 'Buhari to Land in Abuja in Less Than Two Hours' [Premium Times] The presidential jet flying President Muhammadu Buhari from London will arrive Nigeria at past 4PM Nigerian time, a presidency official has told PREMIUM TIMES.
- APC Speaks on President Buhari's Return From London [Premium Times] The All Progressives Congress (APC) has welcomed President Muhammadu Buhari back to Nigeria after his medical vacation to the United Kingdom.
- Presidential Villa Agog as Buhari Returns to Abuja [Premium Times] The presidential villa Abuja is agog with activities as staff and security personnel are making last minute preparations to receive President Muhammadu Buhari who is expected back to the country Saturday.
- Jubilation in Buhari's Hometown Over President's Return [Premium Times] Residents of Daura in Katsina State are in an upbeat mood over reports of President Muhammadu Buhari's return to Nigeria after his medical vacation abroad.
- Lassa Fever Claims One Life in Kwara, Lagos Records New Case [Vanguard] Kwara State government has said that Lassa fever has claimed the life of one person in the state.
- President Muhammadu Buhari Returns Today, Says Femi Adeshina [Vanguard] Abuja -President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to return to the country later today, after receiving medical attention in London.
- Peace Looms as Actors Gather in Enugu [Vanguard] The prolonged crisis rocking the Actors Guild of Nigeria, AGN, may finally be coming to an end if the recent moves by some concerned stakeholders in the industry are anything that would help to restore peace in the troubled guild.
- President Buhari Returns Today [Vanguard] President Muhammadu Buhari according to Femi Adesina Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity) will return to the country later today, after receiving medical attention in London
- Buhari to Return After 103 Days [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari will return to Nigeria Saturday after receiving medical attention in London for 103 days, the presidency said this morning.
- Ogun Police Arrest Man for Killing Neighbour With Charm [Guardian] The Ogun State Police Command has arrested a 32-year-old man, Olatunde Akapo, for allegedly beating his 42-year-old neighbour, Augustine Ode, to death with a charm.
- Injury May Stop Iheanacho From Eagles' Squad [Guardian] What appears a major blow to Super Eagles World Cup qualifiers against the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon may be at foot following a toe injury, which has sidelined one of the top strikers, Kelechi Iheanacho.
- Buhari Returns to Today [Guardian] Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to return to the country later on Saturday after spending more than 100 hundred days in London receiving treatment for an undisclosed ailment, his spokesman said.
- Borno Gets New Head of Service Abdulkareem Haruna [Premium Times] Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State, on Friday, appointed Yerima Sale as the new head of the state's civil service.
- Late Justice Obaseki Buried in Benin Amid Eulogies [Leadership] It was a gathering of eminent Nigerians from all works of lives as the late retired Supreme Court Justice, Andrews Otutu Obaseki, was on Friday laid to rest at his home in Benin City, as leaders from across the country extolled the virtues of the astute jurist.
- NGO Commences Free Treatment of 500 Patients in Daura [Leadership] Fatihu foundation, an NGO, on Friday commenced free treatment of 500 patients suffering from ear, nose and throat ailments in Daura emirate, Katsina State.
- Davido, Wizkid Make AFRIMA List [Leadership] Fast rising dancehall act, Etnik-Dyragga, popularly called Etnik, narrowly lost out in the race to be crowned the "Best Artist Male Category from West Africa at the ongoing AFRIMA Music Awards. The ragga artiste who is tipped to be the next biggest thing in Africa will have to wait next year for his second attempt at the trophy.
- Buhari Support Group Cautions Anti-Buhari Group [Daily Trust] The Buhari Support Group (BSG) has condemned the activities of anti-Buhari group led by Charley Boy.
- D'Tigress Have First Training Session in Bamako [Daily Trust] Nigeria senior female basketball team D'Tigress yesterday held their first training session since arriving Mali's capital Bamako for the 2017 Women's Afro Basket tournament which starts today.
- Hunters Kill Two Boko Haram Commanders [Daily Trust] Yola -Local hunters in Madagali have ambushed a group of Boko Haram fighters, killing two commanders and recovering weapons.
- Emirates Opens 57 Extra Hajj Flights, With 700 Bookings From Lagos [Daily Trust] Lagos -Emirates will operate extra flights to Jeddah to convey thousands of pilgrims to and from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for Hajj.
- Troops Kill 10 Boko Haram Militants in Borno [Daily Trust] Maiduguri -Troops of the 8-Task Force Division under Operation Lafiya Dole have ambushed and killed 10 Boko Haram fighters in Borno State.
- Police Uncover Human Parts in Church, Arrest Pastor in Ogun [Daily Trust] The Police in Ogun on Wednesday arrested a 77-year-old pastor, Samuel Babatunde and two other suspects in connection with the discovery of suspected human parts buried inside a church.
- Nigerians Pay U.S.$1.2 Billion in Bribes Each Year [East African] Nigerians spend more than $1.2 billion each year to pay bribes to public officials, a new survey by the country's statistics office has said.
- Former Governor Suntai's Body Arrives [Daily Trust] The body of the former governor of Taraba state, Danbaba Suntai, who passed away few months ago in the United States has arrived Abuja.
- Man Accused of Raping 6-Year-Old Girl Gets N1 Million Bail [Daily Trust] A 20-year-old man, Francis Yawu, accused of unlawfully detaining and defiling a six-year-old girl, was on Thursday granted N1 million bail by a Surulere Chief Magistrates' Court in Lagos.
- Flood Kills 3 Persons in Abuja [Daily Trust] A father and two of his children (a boy and a girl) have been killed at Lokogoma District of Abuja by flood, following heavy down pour that occurred in the early hours of yesterday.
- Parents Urge ASUU to End Strike [Daily Trust] Parents in the university town of Nsukka have appealed to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to suspend its ongoing strike, considering the setback and suffering it would cause students and their parents.
- Nigeria to Start Bee Export By 2018 [Daily Trust] Nigeria will start exporting bees to other countries next year, Dr Bidemi Ojeleye, National President, Federation of Bee keepers Association of Nigeria, has said.
- Illiteracy, Poverty Major Causes of Death During Meningitis Outbreak - Emir [Daily Trust] The Emir of Gusau in Zamfara, Alhaji Ibrahim Bello, has identified abject poverty and illiteracy as the major causes of death during Cerebro Spinal Meningitis (CSM) outbreak in the state.
- Eezyfile: South Africa’s first visual storage app Eezy Developments has, according to the firm, revealed the launch of South Africa’s first visual storage app. Eezyfile is the first interface in South Africa that will enable users to store personal information like birth certificates, passport copies, warranties and more. The app is a combination of organisation and image recognition. Users can share...
- Airbus BizLab targets aerospace startups in East Africa Airbus BizLab, a global aerospace accelerator has launched the #Africa4Future initiative targeting start-ups that are transforming the aerospace business in East Africa. The Airbus BizLab offers early-stage projects support, in the form of a six-month...
- Discussing DDoS and the Ostrich Syndrome The so-called Ostrich Syndrome is a term used to describe people who prefer to “stick their heads in the sand”, much as an ostrich does, rather than accept some uncomfortable facts. Sadly, when it comes to indisputable threats like Distributed Denial of...
- DELL EMC and BT team up to research SDN of the future The agile, programmable telecoms networks of the future has moved a step closer as BT and Dell EMC announced a research collaboration dedicated to exploring a new way of managing network traffic. The proof-of-concept trial, which is taking place at the BT...
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Review – An Elegant Powerhouse Samsung has officially launched its latest elegant powerhouse, the Samsung Galaxy S8. The latest device from the mobile phone manufacturer sports an elegant design and some serious power under the hood. When taking a closer look at the specs, we found that...
- Tola Mobile to help merchants reconcile transactions in Africa Tola Mobile has announced advances in its Tola Wallet offering. Tola Wallet connects businesses to previously unbanked customers. The mobile service provider can now reconcile transactions that would previously have been delayed or even potentially lost...
- African First: UCT Offers Fintech Degree The University of Cape Town (UCT) is now the first University on the African continent to offer a degree in fintech. The degree is specifically designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to embrace the technological...
- Arbor Networks in first place when it comes to DDoS protection The growing size, frequency and complexity of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks presents a serious challenge for any business. A recent study by industry analysts Quadrant Knowledge Solutions has identified Arbor Networks as the global market and...
- SAP Africa Code Week to invest in Nigeria’s teachers Founded in 2015, ACW seeks to empower African youth with coding skills through hands-on and playful learning. Spearheaded by SAP, world leaders in enterprise software, and with the support of UNESCO, YouthMobile, the Cape Town Science Centre, the Galway...
- POWA App Wants To Tackle Women Abuse But Will It Work? People Opposing Women Abuse (POWA), a South African women’s right organisation, has released an app that is intended to help victims of abuse speak up and find help. The App is now available for free on all Android and Apple smartphones and was launched...
- South African YouTube Star Caspar Lee joins UK Agency as CIO Caspar Lee has been appointed as the Chief Innovation Officer of UK-based social media marketing agency Influencer. Casper, who is a London-native by birth and moved to South Africa as a child, has been living in London since 2013. The 23-year-old YouTube...
- Airtel Nigeria Launches Unlimited Data Plans Airtel Nigeria has introduced Unlimited Data plans which, according to the company, will empower and create more opportunities for telecom consumers as well as boost mobile broadband connectivity. Airtel officially began the roll out of the Home Broadband...
- Twitter Reacts: 300 Dead, 600 Missing After Sierra Leone Mudslide In the early hours of Monday morning, heavy rain struck Sierra Leone’s capital city of Freetown. Although the country is prone to flooding, no one could have predicted the devastation that these particular floods would bring. As heavy flooding...
- Nigeria: 9Mobile to escape full repayment of $1.2 billion debt In the latest development of the ever changing story of 9Mobile, formerly Etisalat Nigeria, the consortium of 12 banks involved in the $1.2 billion 9Mobile loan – a loan the firm took out four years ago; however, failed to repay due to a currency...
- Women catching up to men on eWallet usage via FNB App The latest data published by FNB eWallet Solutions has revealed that women are catching up to men when it comes to cashing in on the convenience of sending and receiving money via eWallet on the FNB App. The data shows that in the six months to June 2017 the...
- Taking a closer look at the BlackBerry KEYone BlackBerry, part of TCL Communication, in partnership with Vodacom has revealed the latest BlackBerry device to hit retail stores across South Africa, the BlackBerry KEYone. The BlackBerry KEYone is focused on strength, speed and security and is expected to...