- South Africa apologises to Nigeria over xenophobic attacks - BBC News
- South Africa apologises to Nigeria over xenophobic attacks BBC News
- South Africa apologises to Nigeria eNCA
- 817 Nigerians waiting for evacuation in South Africa – FG The Punch
- Ramaphosa apologises to Nigeria for xenophobic attacks on its citizens in SA EWN
- South Africa apologises to Nigeria over attacks The East African
- View full coverage on Google News
- How Nigeria got hit with a $9.6 billion gas deal judgment debt in a UK court - Quartz How Nigeria got hit with a $9.6 billion gas deal judgment debt in a UK court Quartz
Nigeria has received a legal hiding after a UK court awarded a private company a $9.6 billion judgment debt against the West African nation. The ruling has ...
- Nigeria's Diesel-dependent Economy Braces for Clean-fuel Rules - VOA News Nigeria's Diesel-dependent Economy Braces for Clean-fuel Rules VOA News
Nigeria's frenetic commercial capital, Lagos, is plunged into darkness several times a day. Then its generators roar, and the lights flood back on. Nigeria is one ...
- South Africa offers 'profuse' apologies to Nigeria after attacks - Aljazeera.com South Africa offers 'profuse' apologies to Nigeria after attacks Aljazeera.com
Foreign workers in South Africa have become victims of anti-immigrant violence with at least 12 killed.
- Nigerian migrants struggle to reintegrate after Libya ordeal - News24 Nigerian migrants struggle to reintegrate after Libya ordeal News24
Emerging from her ordeal, Gloria considers herself "privileged". Last year, the 26-year-old left Nigeria with four other women, dreaming of a better life in Europe.
- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: September 7–13 - Council on Foreign Relations Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: September 7–13 Council on Foreign Relations
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 7 to 13, 2019. This update also ...
- Nigerians repatriated from South Africa after attacks - Al Jazeera English Nigerians repatriated from South Africa after attacks Al Jazeera English
Nigerian airline to return more than 600 nationals in the coming days with victims saying it's 'not safe here'.
- Nigeria works to end violence in country's northwest - Aljazeera.com Nigeria works to end violence in country's northwest Aljazeera.com
The government says it is moving to address what nomads describe as decades of exploitation and oppression.
- Nigeria Football Federation boss Amaju Pinnick has properties seized - BBC Sport Nigeria Football Federation boss Amaju Pinnick has properties seized BBC Sport
Several properties belonging to top officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), including its president Amaju Pinnick, have been seized in a *fresh* ...
- Brazil confirm friendlies with Nigeria and Senegal - BBC Sport Brazil confirm friendlies with Nigeria and Senegal BBC Sport
Brazil confirmed they will play Senegal and Nigeria in Singapore in October.
- Islamic State fills the void in Nigeria as soldiers retreat to 'super camps' - Reuters Islamic State fills the void in Nigeria as soldiers retreat to 'super camps' Reuters
ABUJA/MAIDUGURI, Reuters (Reuters) - When Islamic State gunmen stormed the northeast Nigerian town of Magumeri on the night of August 21, they had free ...
- Nigerian Crypto Educator Returns $80K in Bitcoin Received by Mistake - Cointelegraph Nigerian Crypto Educator Returns $80K in Bitcoin Received by Mistake Cointelegraph
Keith Mali Chung — the co-founder and president of African blockchain firm Loopblock Network — has returned almost $80,000 worth of Bitcoin (BTC) ...
- Nigeria: the politics behind Buhari’s new economic team - The Africa Report Nigeria: the politics behind Buhari’s new economic team The Africa Report
Nigeria's new economic team may already be playing succession politics.
- Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: September 7 - 13, 2019 - Nigeria - ReliefWeb Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: September 7 - 13, 2019 - Nigeria ReliefWeb
English News and Press Release on Nigeria about Protection and Human Rights; published on 17 Sep 2019 by CFR.
- South Africa: Nigeria to repatriate 600 citizens amid violence - BBC News South Africa: Nigeria to repatriate 600 citizens amid violence BBC News
Nigeria says it will repatriate some 600 citizens from South Africa after a wave of xenophobic violence which led to tensions between the two countries.
- 22,000 Nigerians missing since Boko Haram crisis began: Red Cross - Aljazeera.com 22,000 Nigerians missing since Boko Haram crisis began: Red Cross Aljazeera.com
It's the highest number of missing persons registered with the organisation in any country, most of them children.
- Andela lets go of 250 developers in Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda - Quartz Africa Andela lets go of 250 developers in Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda Quartz Africa
When Andela, the software developer training and outsourcing company, first launched in Lagos five years ago, its business model was simple: train local ...
- Here are the three new books you need to understand Nigeria - Washington Post Here are the three new books you need to understand Nigeria Washington Post
Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa, radiating political, cultural and economic influence across the continent and around the world. Yet Nigeria's ...
- Emmanuel Emenike: Ex-Nigeria striker hopes to bounce back in Belgium - BBC Sport Emmanuel Emenike: Ex-Nigeria striker hopes to bounce back in Belgium BBC Sport
Former Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike joins his 10th professional club as he looks to revive his career at Belgian second tier club KVC Westerlo.
- Niger and Nigeria Governors Pledge to Cooperate on Cross-Border Crime - Council on Foreign Relations Niger and Nigeria Governors Pledge to Cooperate on Cross-Border Crime Council on Foreign Relations
Zakari Oumoru, the governor of Maradi, a region (equivalent to a state) in Niger, hosted a cross-border meeting with the Nigerian governors of Katsina, Sokoto, ...
- Africa in the news: SACU-UK trade agreement, Nigeria’s border closures, and Sudan’s transitional government - Brookings Institution Africa in the news: SACU-UK trade agreement, Nigeria’s border closures, and Sudan’s transitional government Brookings Institution
U.K. signed an economic partnership agreement with six African countries, Nigeria continues its border closure with Niger and Benin, Sudan swore in its first ...
- Nigeria pulls out of South Africa summit after deadly riots - Al Jazeera English Nigeria pulls out of South Africa summit after deadly riots Al Jazeera English
Nigeria withdraws from WEF gathering in Cape Town in the aftermath of attacks on foreigners in South African cities.
- What Nigerian cities can learn from the rest of the world - The Conversation - Africa What Nigerian cities can learn from the rest of the world The Conversation - Africa
Africa is the world's most rapidly urbanising region. By 2050 more than one billion people will live in cities across the continent. Nigeria is Africa's urban growth ...
- Nigeria: Humanitarian Funding Overview (As of 31 August 2019) - Nigeria - ReliefWeb Nigeria: Humanitarian Funding Overview (As of 31 August 2019) - Nigeria ReliefWeb
As part of the 2019-2021 Humanitarian Response Strategy for Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states, the United Nations and partners are aiming to reach 6.2 ...
- Nigeria’s Biggest Tomato Facility Idle Again as Farmers Dump Crop - Bloomberg Nigeria’s Biggest Tomato Facility Idle Again as Farmers Dump Crop Bloomberg
Nigeria's biggest tomato plant is counting on the government's restriction of food imports to sustain operations after going idle again six months after it resumed ...
- Banned Nigerian Shia group alleges police killed 12 marchers - Aljazeera.com Banned Nigerian Shia group alleges police killed 12 marchers Aljazeera.com
The group, Islamic Movement of Nigeria, was banned for being 'terrorists' in July after a series of deadly clashes.
- Driving local participation in Nigeria's oil & gas industry - CNBCAfrica.com Driving local participation in Nigeria's oil & gas industry CNBCAfrica.com
As Nigeria strives to achieve 70 per cent participation of indigenous players in the oil and gas industry by 2027 – to discuss how to achieve this goal, Chairman ...
- Nigerian officials ponder next move in $9bn energy scandal - The Guardian Nigerian officials ponder next move in $9bn energy scandal The Guardian
As war of words continues over potential loss of assets, mixed messages of negotiation and scam emanate from government.
- FACTSHEET: What's behind frequent yellow fever outbreaks in Nigeria? - Africa Check FACTSHEET: What's behind frequent yellow fever outbreaks in Nigeria? Africa Check
Despite the country being a key focus of the global campaign to eradicate the mosquito-borne disease, authorities are struggling to land the telling blow.
- Action! Nigeria's film industry draws global entertainment brands - Reuters Action! Nigeria's film industry draws global entertainment brands Reuters
"Oya!" shouts the director in Nigerian Pidgin English. Actors take their marks. Lighting blinks on. The film crew snaps into action after the order to hurry up.
- Explainer: How Nigeria got hit with a $9.6bn judgment debt in London - Fin24 Explainer: How Nigeria got hit with a $9.6bn judgment debt in London Fin24
Nigeria has received a legal hiding after a UK court awarded a private company a $9.6bn judgment debt against the West African nation.
- Standard Chartered Targets Retail Banking for Nigerian Expansion - Bloomberg Standard Chartered Targets Retail Banking for Nigerian Expansion Bloomberg
Standard Chartered Plc's Nigerian unit is joining the rush to grab a larger share of the consumer-banking market in Africa's most populous nation, targeting a ...
- 18 killed in central Nigeria road accident - Xinhua | English.news.cn - Xinhua 18 killed in central Nigeria road accident - Xinhua | English.news.cn Xinhua
ABUJA, Sept. 17 (Xinhua) -- Eighteen people lost their lives when a bus in which they were travelling was involved in a road accident in central Nigeria, local ...
- Nigerian online-only bank startup Kuda raises $1.6M - TechCrunch Nigerian online-only bank startup Kuda raises $1.6M TechCrunch
Nigerian fintech startup Kuda — a digital-only retail bank — has raised $1.6 million in pre-seed funding. The Lagos and London-based company recently ...
- Africa Using Blockchain to Drive Change: Nigeria and Kenya, Part One - Cointelegraph Africa Using Blockchain to Drive Change: Nigeria and Kenya, Part One Cointelegraph
Blockchain technology is finding real-world utility across Africa via public-private partnership agreements in solving some of the continent's burning issues.
- Gunmen Kidnap Nigeria's Senior Lawyer, Onyemenam, Demand N15 Million - SaharaReporters.com Gunmen Kidnap Nigeria's Senior Lawyer, Onyemenam, Demand N15 Million SaharaReporters.com
The SAN was abducted alongside one other lawyer, who was later released.
- Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis: Military denies detaining thousands of children - BBC News Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis: Military denies detaining thousands of children BBC News
Nigeria is detaining thousands of children allegedly linked to militants Boko Haram, a report says.
- Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and Egypt named world's most dangerous places - Africanews English Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and Egypt named world's most dangerous places Africanews English
The latest Expat Insider Survey, done by InterNations, polled 20259 expats representing 182 nationalities and living in 187 countries or territories, covering ...
- UN picks 13-year-old Nigerian for International High Level Conference - The Punch UN picks 13-year-old Nigerian for International High Level Conference The Punch
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes has selected 13-year-old Blessing Eijindu, of the Battle Axe Academy, Lugbe, Abuja, to participate in the ...
- Nigerian tribunal rejects bid to overturn Buhari's election - Aljazeera.com Nigerian tribunal rejects bid to overturn Buhari's election Aljazeera.com
Defeat for the main opposition People's Democratic Party was widely anticipated and judges dismissed all its claims.
- Home to Over Half the Population, Nigeria's Cities Continue to Boom - Council on Foreign Relations Home to Over Half the Population, Nigeria's Cities Continue to Boom Council on Foreign Relations
At independence in 1960, Lagos had an estimated population of 763000; today it is about 13 million. Together with Lagos state, the population reaches 21 ...
- UN calls for urgent action to end violence in Nigeria - Al Jazeera English UN calls for urgent action to end violence in Nigeria Al Jazeera English
UN special rapporteur says deadly attacks rocking Nigeria could have a ripple effect throughout the region.
- Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 - SaharaReporters.com Nigerians To Start Paying For Bank Deposits In 2020 SaharaReporters.com
The charges will attract three per cent processing fees for withdrawals and two per cent processing fees for lodgments of amounts above N500,000 for individual ...
- UNGA: Nigeria to seek global support against terrorism —Onyeama - The Punch UNGA: Nigeria to seek global support against terrorism —Onyeama The Punch
Minister for Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, has said that the Nigerian Government would use the Forum of the UN General Assembly to seek global support ...
- A pharmacist from Nigeria has opened his second drug store Down East - Bangor Daily News A pharmacist from Nigeria has opened his second drug store Down East Bangor Daily News
Machias Family Pharmacy owner Ben Okafor stands next to product shelving in the Route 1 business on Aug. 21, 2019. It is the second pharmacy that Okafor, ...
- Nigeria misses chance to transform lives – and must pay $9bn damages - The Guardian Nigeria misses chance to transform lives – and must pay $9bn damages The Guardian
UK court ruling over aborted project means country will have to pay one-fifth of its foreign reserves to gas supply company.
- Nigerian, Ozoemenam, Arrested For Robbing At Gunpoint -Police - SaharaReporters.com Nigerian, Ozoemenam, Arrested For Robbing At Gunpoint -Police SaharaReporters.com
The suspect and his accomplices were alleged to have robbed at gunpoint (using a locally-made pistol) Ozuma of her MP3 player, mobile phone and the sum of ...
- Nigerian Government Hosts Maritime Security Conference - The Maritime Executive Nigerian Government Hosts Maritime Security Conference The Maritime Executive
The Federal Ministry of Transportation Nigeria, in collaboration with the Nigeria Maritime Administr...
- Nigeria: Why is it struggling to meet its tax targets? - BBC News Nigeria: Why is it struggling to meet its tax targets? BBC News
Nigeria says more people than ever are paying tax - but government revenues are not growing.
- Nigerian soldiers, CJTF leader killed as ISWAP attacks Gubio, Gajigana, Gajiram and Magumeri - The Defense Post Nigerian soldiers, CJTF leader killed as ISWAP attacks Gubio, Gajigana, Gajiram and Magumeri The Defense Post
Islamic State fighters killed at least six soldiers and a civilian militia leader when they attacked 4 towns in Nigeria's Borno state.
- Insecurity and violence turn Nigeria into a 'pressure cooker' that must be addressed, says UN rights expert - UN News Insecurity and violence turn Nigeria into a 'pressure cooker' that must be addressed, says UN rights expert UN News
Nigeria is a pressure cooker of internal conflicts and generalized violence that must be addressed urgently, an independent United Nations expert said on ...
- Nigeria's 'super camp' strategy questioned as Islamic State fills the void - Africanews English Nigeria's 'super camp' strategy questioned as Islamic State fills the void Africanews English
Nigeria's new strategy of withdrawing to “super camps” that can be more easily defended against insurgents, is under scrutiny following unchallenged attacks on ...
- The Nigeria FA to decide on Salisu Yusuf's return after his ban - BBC Sport The Nigeria FA to decide on Salisu Yusuf's return after his ban BBC Sport
The Nigeria Football Federation's executive will decide whether Salisu Yusuf will return to his national coaching roles after serving a one-year ban.
- Hundreds Arrested in Nigeria, US on Online Fraud Charges - VOA News Hundreds Arrested in Nigeria, US on Online Fraud Charges VOA News
Nearly 300 people — the bulk in Nigeria and the U.S. — have been arrested in an internationally coordinated law enforcement operation aimed at disrupting a ...
- The New Guard of Nigerian Musicians - The New York Times The New Guard of Nigerian Musicians The New York Times
Five performers to know — including Odunsi (The Engine) and Teni the Entertainer — who are making their mark in a crowded field.
- Nigeria Agency Lists 13 States To Experience More Flooding - SaharaReporters.com Nigeria Agency Lists 13 States To Experience More Flooding SaharaReporters.com
He said water from six of the nine countries that make up the Niger Basin Authority was pouring into the country and could lead to severe flooding in those states.
- Nigerian lawmakers face public anger over planned purchase of luxury cars - CNN Nigerian lawmakers face public anger over planned purchase of luxury cars CNN
A coalition of civil society groups has launched a lawsuit to block the purchase of luxury cars for principal officers in the Nigerian Senate.
- Opinion: FBI fraud busts dent Nigeria's global reputation - CNN Opinion: FBI fraud busts dent Nigeria's global reputation CNN
David Hundeyin is a journalist and commentator who writes on tech, politics, and finance. He was a founding writer on the Nigerian political satire TV show 'The ...
- Woman Arrested Flying Back From Nigeria For Scamming Mebane Woman Out Of $2,000: Deputies - WFMYNews2.com Woman Arrested Flying Back From Nigeria For Scamming Mebane Woman Out Of $2,000: Deputies WFMYNews2.com
Her scammer was arrested after flying back to the U.S. from Nigeria.
- Why Nigeria should re-open her borders - ECOWAS Parliament - Legit.ng Why Nigeria should re-open her borders - ECOWAS Parliament Legit.ng
Legit.ng News ☆ The ECOWAS Parliament on Monday, September 16, appealed to the Nigerian government to reopen its closed borders as it hampers on the ...
- Nigeria Important, I'm Hopeful About Country -Bill Gates - SaharaReporters.com Nigeria Important, I'm Hopeful About Country -Bill Gates SaharaReporters.com
Says he's partnering Dangote, speaks regularly with 6 northern governors.
- Nigeria's Ebola outbreak: Where are we 5 years after? - CNBCAfrica.com Nigeria's Ebola outbreak: Where are we 5 years after? CNBCAfrica.com
Five years after the death of Dr Ameyo Stella Adadevoh, who identified and contained the first Ebola patient in Nigeria and helped to curb the spread of the ...
- Xenophobic attacks: Evacuation brought respect to Nigeria – Onyema - The Punch Xenophobic attacks: Evacuation brought respect to Nigeria – Onyema The Punch
Leke Baiyewu, Abuja. The Air Peace boss told the House of Representatives that the evacuation of Nigerians from South Africa has brought respect to Nigeria ...
- OPEC members Iraq, Nigeria agree to cut oil output - Aljazeera.com OPEC members Iraq, Nigeria agree to cut oil output Aljazeera.com
Oil prices have dropped below $60 per barrel as fears of a global recession outweigh concerns about falling supply.
- Nigeria's inflation dips to lowest level in almost four years - Moneyweb.co.za Nigeria's inflation dips to lowest level in almost four years Moneyweb.co.za
Annual inflation in Nigeria stood at 11.02% in August, its lowest in almost four years, down from 11.08% in July, the National Bureau of Statistics said on ...
- Nigerian magician Babs Cardini: 'I want to be the best' - BBC News Nigerian magician Babs Cardini: 'I want to be the best' BBC News
Nigerian magician Babs Cardini wows audiences on the streets of Lagos.
- Nigerian growth slows amid declining oil output - Aljazeera.com Nigerian growth slows amid declining oil output Aljazeera.com
President Muhammadu Buhari, who was re-elected in February, has pledged to diversify his country's economy.
- Nigeria: Dirty Fight to The Nigeria's Army Chief Triggered Theft of 'Billions' By Soldiers - General - AllAfrica - Top Africa News Nigeria: Dirty Fight to The Nigeria's Army Chief Triggered Theft of 'Billions' By Soldiers - General AllAfrica - Top Africa News
A military court-martial for the troubled Nigerian Army major-general, Hakeem Otiki, opened on a very personal note in Abuja on Tuesday, with the defence team ...
- FIBA World Cup: Nigeria got what they came for, a ticket to Tokyo - ESPN FIBA World Cup: Nigeria got what they came for, a ticket to Tokyo ESPN
Nigeria's D'Tigers made life difficult for themselves with early losses at the FIBA World Cup, but still achieved their main objective of a place at the 2020 Tokyo ...
- What Explains the Rise of Communal Violence in Mali, Nigeria and Ethiopia? - World Politics Review What Explains the Rise of Communal Violence in Mali, Nigeria and Ethiopia? World Politics Review
Violence involving communal or ethnic militias has spiked across parts of sub-Saharan Africa, with distinct patterns in Mali, Nigeria and Ethiopia. Diffuse, diverse ...
- 'The misdeeds of a few': Nigeria speaks out over $46m fraud case - The Guardian 'The misdeeds of a few': Nigeria speaks out over $46m fraud case The Guardian
Government says it will not stand in way of justice after 77 Nigerian nationals are among 80 suspects indicted in US.
- BREAKING: Under Siege: Nigeria President Buhari Send More Security Operatives To SaharaReporters Office - SaharaReporters.com BREAKING: Under Siege: Nigeria President Buhari Send More Security Operatives To SaharaReporters Office SaharaReporters.com
As of now, more security agents, from the Special Anti-Robbery and Anti-Cultism Squad, have joined their colleagues in trying arrest journalists working with the ...
- Davido On Chris Brown + Lil Baby in Nigeria + Who Has Best Jollof - hot97.com Davido On Chris Brown + Lil Baby in Nigeria + Who Has Best Jollof hot97.com
He talked about growing up in Atlanta and in Lagos. He also talked about his song with Chris Brown and getting ready to bring Chris to Nigeria, his relationship, ...
- This company is powering blood donations in Nigeria through Google maps - CNN This company is powering blood donations in Nigeria through Google maps CNN
LifeBank is using Google maps to connect blood banks to hospitals in the country which has helped to significantly cut delivery times.
- FBI bust of Nigerian email fraud shows evolving scam tactics - Quartz Africa FBI bust of Nigerian email fraud shows evolving scam tactics Quartz Africa
A federal grand jury indictment has named 80 Nigerian defendants charged with defrauding victims of millions of dollars through online scams.
- Nigeria, Iran clinch Olympic berths; Serbia loses - ESPN Nigeria, Iran clinch Olympic berths; Serbia loses ESPN
Nigeria and Iran are going to the Olympics. China's World Cup run came to a disappointing end. And Serbia is unbeaten no more, making a third consecutive ...
- What is driving Nigeria’s growing meth market? - Daily Maverick What is driving Nigeria’s growing meth market? Daily Maverick
Despite government efforts to contain production, the methamphetamine problem is expanding. Mouhamadou Kane for ISS TODAY.
- Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya actors produce movie on teenage sexual violence - Independent Nigeria, Uganda, Kenya actors produce movie on teenage sexual violence Independent
Kampala, Uganda | THE INDEPENDENT | A team of actors from Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria have acted a movie dubbed “Kyaddala” loosely translated as it's ...
- Letter from Africa: Nigerian anger over South African xenophobia - BBC News Letter from Africa: Nigerian anger over South African xenophobia BBC News
Anti-foreigner attacks in South Africa are souring the country's relations with Nigeria.
- Bauchi State Governor initiates Yellow Fever campaign targeting 500000 people - Nigeria - ReliefWeb Bauchi State Governor initiates Yellow Fever campaign targeting 500000 people - Nigeria ReliefWeb
Bauchi, 16 September 2019 - In response to an outbreak of Yellow Fever in Bauchi State, Governor Senator Bala Mohammed on 12 September 2019 initiated a ...
- Chelsea hotshot Abraham warns Southgate he will play for Nigeria if he is not picked for England soon - The Sun Chelsea hotshot Abraham warns Southgate he will play for Nigeria if he is not picked for England soon The Sun
TAMMY ABRAHAM has threatened to play for Nigeria if Gareth Southgate doesn't hurry up and pick him again for England. The Chelsea striker qualifies to play ...
- Nigeria Just Won a Complex Victory Over Polio - Foreign Policy Nigeria Just Won a Complex Victory Over Polio Foreign Policy
KANO, Nigeria—Addau Saidu weaved his motorbike between lanes crowded with bright yellow kekes, the three-wheeled cabs that ferry people back and forth ...
- Men in California oversaw a romance scam that targeted women worldwide, feds say - CNN Men in California oversaw a romance scam that targeted women worldwide, feds say CNN
US prosecutors charged 80 people -- mostly Nigerians -- in the widespread conspiracy that defrauded $6 million from businesses and vulnerable elderly women ...
- Nigerian fans thrilled by Lagos Trophy Tour stop - Manchester City FC Nigerian fans thrilled by Lagos Trophy Tour stop Manchester City FC
After the US and Brazil, Manchester City Trophy Tour presented by Etihad Airways and Rexona headed to Nigeria to meet the fans in Lagos! The trophy tour ...
- In pictures: Nigeria festival celebrates Yoruba fertility goddess Osun Osogbo - BBC News In pictures: Nigeria festival celebrates Yoruba fertility goddess Osun Osogbo BBC News
The Osun Osogbo festival, a traditional celebration that is thought to be 600 years old, is under way in Nigeria's south-western Osun state. The two-week festival ...
- Trump White House: US increases visa fees for Nigerians - Quartz Africa Trump White House: US increases visa fees for Nigerians Quartz Africa
Obtaining a US visa is about to become more expensive for Nigerian applicants. The Trump administration has imposed a “reciprocity” fee for all approved ...
- The Life Changing Linguistics of... Nigerian Scam Emails - JSTOR Daily The Life Changing Linguistics of... Nigerian Scam Emails JSTOR Daily
How do scammers use language to trick their victims?
- SF-based African fintech startup Chipper Cash expands to Nigeria - TechCrunch SF-based African fintech startup Chipper Cash expands to Nigeria TechCrunch
The African no-fee, cross-border payment startup Chipper Cash has expanded to Nigeria. The San Francisco-based startup, with offices in Ghana and Kenya, ...
- Nigerian police battle a growing kidnapping crisis - Aljazeera.com Nigerian police battle a growing kidnapping crisis Aljazeera.com
Until now kidnappers in Nigeria had targeted public officials, their relatives and foreign workers, often in the oil industry.
- ECOWAS Parliament appeals to Nigeria to reopen borders - The Punch ECOWAS Parliament appeals to Nigeria to reopen borders The Punch
The ECOWAS Parliament on Monday appealed to the Nigerian government to reopen its closed borders as it hampers on the implementation of free trade ...
- The Fabric of Nigerian Weddings - The New York Times The Fabric of Nigerian Weddings The New York Times
The color and flair of traditional ceremonies give brides and grooms a way to express a vibrant cultural heritage.
- UPDATE 1-Nigeria's central bank moves monetary policy meeting forward to Sept. 19-20 - Reuters UPDATE 1-Nigeria's central bank moves monetary policy meeting forward to Sept. 19-20 Reuters
(Adds comment from source, background). LAGOS, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Nigeria's central bank has rescheduled its monetary policy committee meeting, it said in ...
- Nigeria: We Can Meet Nigeria's Milk Requirements - Miyetti Allah - AllAfrica.com Nigeria: We Can Meet Nigeria's Milk Requirements - Miyetti Allah AllAfrica.com
The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), on Tuesday said that Nigeria had more than enough cows and pastoralists to meet its ...
- Enough is enough, says Nigeria as relations with SA fracture - Business Day Enough is enough, says Nigeria as relations with SA fracture Business Day
Already frail diplomatic relations between the SA and Nigerian governments were further strained following days of looting and attacks on foreign nationals and ...
- China Invests $16 Billion in Nigeria's Oil Sector - VOA News China Invests $16 Billion in Nigeria's Oil Sector VOA News
Chinese investment in Nigeria's oil and gas industry has reached $16 billion, according to Nigeria's state-run oil company.
- Nigeria's Buhari assigns cabinet portfolios, appoints new oil minister - Reuters Nigeria's Buhari assigns cabinet portfolios, appoints new oil minister Reuters
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari swore members of his cabinet into office on Wednesday, assigning a new minister of state for ...
- Bomb explosion at South Africa embassy, fake news - Nigeria govt - Africanews English Bomb explosion at South Africa embassy, fake news - Nigeria govt Africanews English
The Nigerian government on Saturday dispelled reports that there had been an explosion at the Abuja premises of the South African High Commission.
- Busloads of Nigerians arrive at OR Tambo to go back to their country - 702 Busloads of Nigerians arrive at OR Tambo to go back to their country 702
Nigeria this week said it would repatriate 600 of its citizens. The first two busses arrived at OR Tambo on Wednesday morning.
- Nigeria's central bank moves monetary policy meeting forward to Sept. 19-20 - Reuters Africa Nigeria's central bank moves monetary policy meeting forward to Sept. 19-20 Reuters Africa
Nigeria's central bank has rescheduled its monetary policy committee meeting, it said in a statement on Tuesday.
- 'I lost my soul': the teenage girls lured by traffickers from Nigerian camps - The Guardian 'I lost my soul': the teenage girls lured by traffickers from Nigerian camps The Guardian
Traumatised refugee children are being enticed by tempting offers of escape from poverty, then sold into slavery – but survivors are fighting back.
- African In Top Spot At UN Gathering of World Leaders [allAfrica] A veteran African diplomat is taking center stage this week at the United Nations as the 74th session of the General Assembly (UNGA) gets underway.
- Police Arrests Suspects Over Hotel Serial Killings in Rivers State [Leadership] The Rivers State Police Command has arrested two persons suspected to be involved in the murder of young women in Rivers State in the past two months.
- Bitter Rivalry Triggered Theft of 'Billions' by Soldiers - General [Premium Times] A military court-martial for the troubled Nigerian Army major-general, Hakeem Otiki, opened on a very personal note in Abuja on Tuesday, with the defence team labouring to cast the case as springing from a protracted resentment rather than merely another manifestation of endemic corruption in the military.
- South Africa Finally Clears Air Peace to Evacuate 320 Nigerians [Premium Times] South African authorities have granted landing permit to Air Peace Flight B777 to enable it to evacuate some 320 Nigerians escaping from xenophobia in that country, a Nigerian consular officer has confirmed.
- Nigeria Risks Epidemics As Vultures Go Extinct [Daily Trust] Nigeria is losing free ecological services as vultures go extinct in the country.
- Poverty, Education and Inclusion Top New General Assembly President's Priority List [UN News] Back in June, Nigeria's Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Tijjani Muhammad-Bande, was elected by acclamation to preside over the 74th session of the General Assembly, which kicks off in New York in just over a week.
- Four Out of 10 Patients 'Harmed' While Seeking Medical Treatment - WHO [Premium Times] The World Health Organisation has said four out of ten patients are 'harmed' during the process of seeking medical care.
- What's Behind Frequent Yellow Fever Outbreaks in Nigeria? [Africa Check] Despite the country being a key focus of the global campaign to eradicate the mosquito-borne disease, authorities are struggling to land the telling blow.
- Igbos, Biafrans As Most Traumatised, Dehumanised People - Nnamdi Kanu [Vanguard] Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has said described the Igbo people in particular and Biafrans in general as the most traumatized and dehumanized people in Nigeria, who out of their willingness to survive and resilience against all odds, remained afloat in the country.
- Anti-Graft Chief Magu Accuses Adoke of Peddling Falsehood in New Book [Premium Times] Nigeria's former attorney-general, Mohammed Adoke, lied in his new book, an anti-corruption chief, Ibrahim Magu, has said.
- Ekiti Farmers Appeals to Governor Fayemi for Financial Support [Vanguard] Some farmers in Ekiti North Senatorial District on Wednesday appealed to the state Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, ?to provide loans for them to enhance their agricultural production.
- Headies - Organisers Reveal Date for 2019 Edition, Call for Entries [Premium Times] The organisers of the Headies (originally called the Hip Hop World Awards) have announced that the 2019 edition will hold on October 19 in Lagos.
- Xenophobic Attacks: Air Peace Boss Arrives Reps Chamber [Premium Times] The Chairman of Air Peace Airline, Allen Onyema, is currently in the chambers of the House of Representatives.
- Analysts Back Proposed VAT Hike, Fault Timing [This Day] Abuja -Some economic experts have expressed mixed reactions on the proposed hike on Value Added Tax (VAT) from five per cent to 7.5 per cent.
- Lawmaker Urges Govt to Decongest Tincan, Apapa Ports [This Day] Awka -The member representing Idemili North and South Federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon Ifeanyi Ibezi, has lamented the poor state of ports in Nigeria, saying that they have contributed significantly to the dwindling economy of the country.
- Govt Orders Lagos to Hands Off Inland Waterways [This Day] Abuja -The President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government yesterday ordered the Lagos State Government to immediately hands off the waterways in the state, noting that it's the responsibility of the Nigerian Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) to oversee the sector.
- Human Trafficking - Permanent Shelter for Returnees to Support Resettlement Programme - Edo Govt [Leadership] The Edo State Government has said that the permanent shelters being constructed to accommodate returnee Edo indigenes who were trapped abroad as victims of human trafficking and irregular migration, will strengthen the state government's rehabilitation and reintegration programme.
- Dangote Trucks Not Banned From Night Journey - FRSC [Premium Times] The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says it has not banned Dangote trucks nor any motorist from night journeys.
- Enugu Electricity Company Arrests 10 Suspected Vandals [Vanguard] Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) said it had arrested 10 persons over alleged vandalism of electricity installations across its franchise areas within one month.
- China to Increase Investment in Lagos, Says Consul General [This Day] Consul General of the People's Republic of China, Mr. Chu Maoming, has said the Chinese private sector investors have concluded plans to increase the volume of trade with Lagos to the tune of billions of dollars, stressing that the investment would result in job creation and knowledge transfer.
- Nigerians Calls for Troops Deployment to End Xenophobia [CAJ News] Abuja -NIGERIA'S leading pro-democracy and civil rights advocacy group has called for the deployment of peacekeepers to resolve sporadic attacks against foreign nationals in South Africa.
- Analysts Back Afreximbank's Push for Foreign Reserves Domestication [This Day] Economic experts have supported the push by the African Export and Import Bank (Afreximbank) to mobilise part of the foreign exchange reserves of African central banks to fund viable trade and project ventures in Africa under its Central Bank Deposit Programme (CENDEP).
- Bauchi State Governor Initiates Yellow Fever Campaign Targeting 500,000 People [WHO] In response to an outbreak of Yellow Fever in Bauchi State, Governor Senator Bala Mohammed on 12 September 2019 initiated a vaccination campaign against the disease in Alkaleri Local Government Area (LGA).
- Yellow Fever - Bauchi Launches Campaign to Immunise 500,000 People [This Day] Bauchi -Bauchi State government has flagged off a bold campaign to immunise 500,000 people in Alkaleri and Tafawa Balewa local government areas of the state to curtail the spread of Yellow fever.
- Soldiers, Police Storm Sahara Reporters Office in Lagos [Vanguard] A good number of soldiers and Police officers have barricaded the gate of an online media, 'SaharaReporters'.
- Tinubu Bags African Democracy Award [Vanguard] The National Stalwart of Nigeria's ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has won African Democracy Award for his efforts to grow democracy and good governance on the continent.
- Amid Growing Insecurity in Abuja, Minister Says FCT 'Safe' [Premium Times] The FCT Minister, Muhammad Bello, on Tuesday urged residents of the territory to be very vigilant and conscious of their personal security.
- Nationwide Implementation of Cashless Policy Begins March 2020 [This Day] The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday announced that the full implementation of the cashless policy will become effective from March 31, 2020.
- Borrowing Chargers Can Lead to Your Phone Being Hacked [Premium Times] Cybersecurity experts have advised the general public to stop borrowing smartphone chargers from others, Forbes reports.
- Report Insinuating I Didn't Follow Due Process Mischievous, Reprehensible - VP Osinbajo [This Day] Abuja -Vice President Yemi Osinbajo last night in Abuja deplored a report by an online medium which insinuated that President Muhammadu Buhari had directed him to henceforth seek approvals for agencies under him because they were violating due process.
- Venezuela parliament ratifies Guaido as interim president
- Victims of deadly Ethiopia crash seek documents on 737 MAX
- 'We are losing the race' on climate catastrophe, warns UN chief
- Task Force arrests 71 at Oshodi drug spots
- Xenophobia: Mayor of Johannesburg says no need to apologise to Nigeria
- CBN imposes extra charges on cash deposits, withdrawals
- Nigeria moves to recover N5tr debts owed AMCON
- Nigeria ‘abandons’ Lagos airport facility repairs, maintenance
- Ekiti owes workers N57b salary, pension arrears, says Fayemi
- Fresh strike looms over implementation of new minimum wage
- Onyeama straining executive, legislative ties, says Gbajabiamila
- Christian leaders, victims of banditry in Kaduna protest
- Traditional beliefs, rituals fuel tensions over Mugabe's funeral
- DR Congo ex-minister to be questioned for 'embezzling Ebola funds'
- Mugabe gets low-key farewell in Zimbabwe home village
- In Zimbabwe's crisis, surviving means improvising, and some luck
- Zimbabwe doctors march to support 'abducted' union activist
- Outsiders surge in Tunisia presidential polls
- Six Cameroon soldiers killed in Boko Haram attack
- Gabon's sole train a lifeline for its people and economy
- Mugabe's body heads for wake in home village
- Hong Kong's summer of protests leaves economy bruised and battered
- Indonesian haze closes schools, sparks fears for Singapore F1
- Pakistan slams India over Kashmir remarks
- Netanyahu, Gantz deadlocked after Israeli polls
- Iran's Rouhani says Yemenis attacked Saudi oil sites as 'warning'
- UK's Corbyn suggests will stay neutral if new Brexit vote
- 'Dead or alive': Philippines' Duterte warns ex-cons to turn themselves in
- Health fears prompt Swiss 5G revolt
- Attack on Saudi Arabia came from Iran: US official
- Woman kills lover for refusing to finance daughter’s birthday
- Man arraigned for allegedly defiling toddler in Lagos
- Three Islamic clerics nabbed for alleged fraud, serial rape
- Sanwo-Olu’s wife kicks off free surgeries for 150 people
- Five killed, seven injured in Ondo road accident
- Rotary Club of Festac installs second female president
- Veteran journalist, Othihiwa buried
- Woman allegedly stabs husband to death over child's birthday party
- Fayose’s govt left N57bn unpaid workers’ salaries, pension arrears, says Fayemi
- Cagliari escape sanctions over Lukaku abuse
- NFF seals Brazil friendly in Singapore for Super Eagles
- Liverpool hand Awoniyi two-year ultimatum to obtain work permit
- Stop comparing Super Eagles’ goalkeepers, Ekpo tells Rohr
- Nokia unveils two devices available for pre-order in Kenya The home of Nokia phones, HMD Global announced on Tuesday, 17 September 2019, that consumers living in Kenya can now pre-order the Nokia 6.2 and Nokia7.2 devices from selected retail partners. “We are happy to provide our fans with two phones powered by AI and allowing customers to have an enjoyable advanced smartphone experience,” says [&hellip...
- Telkom announces $77,074 combined prize pool for Telkom VS Gaming Masters tournament On 17 September 2019, Telkom, the official gaming and connectivity partner of Comic-Con Africa, announced that $77,074 is the combined prize pool for the teams partaking in the Telkom VS Gaming Masters tournament with each tournament getting $38,537. The...
- New streaming service to launch in Africa On 11 September 2019, video compression technologies company V-Nova announced a new partnership with OTT TV company Simpestream to launch new streaming service MVMO. This new streaming service is set to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service, according to...
- Gartner IT Symposium Xpo 2019-The next 50 years starts right here today The Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo 2019 kicked off on Monday, 16 September at the CTICC. This year, the conference delved deeper into the role of the CIO, the origin of the digital society and unpacked the term TechQuilibrium. Brian Burke, Research VP for...
- Talia extends collaboration with Arabsat On 14 September 2019, communications solutions provider Talia Limited announced that it has strengthened its long-term collaboration with Arabsat, a satellite operator. Talia Limited operates in the Americas, the Middle East, Europe and Africa. This...
- FinTech startup on track to reshape mobile banking in Nigeria Paris-based fintech startup, FairMoney announced on Monday, 16 September 2019, that it has introduced an in-app payment function to its users, which allows them to top up their phone subscriptions, buy mobile data, pay electricity or internet bills. Other...
- NEC XON, INCELL offer solution for mobile operators in Africa NEC XON has signed a partnership with NCELL International to use its smart lithium technology to serve the needs of wireless and tower communications operators, macro and small cell sites, and the commercial and industrial sectors specifically with off-grid,...
- Nigerian entrepreneur wins first prize at the Africa 35.35 Awards Nigerian Internet Entrepreneur Chidi Nwaogu has won the first prize in the ‘Entrepreneurship’ category at the 2019 Africa 35.35 Awards. The Awards aim to recognize 35 people under 35 from Africa or the African diaspora who have made outstanding...
- Garmin’s private consumer data stolen Garmin Southern Africa (Garmin SA) announced that consumers’ personal and payment information had been stolen. The data, taken from shop.garmin.co.za, is linked to consumers who had placed orders on the Garmin shopping portal. “We recently discovered...
- Control Review Control is a third-person action-adventure video game developed by Finnish video game developer Remedy Entertainment Oyj and published by 505 Games. The game was released on 27 August 2019 and is a new IP from Remedy written by Josh Stubbs, Anna Megill and...
- South African startup unpacks journey on AWS cloud iHouzit is a South African startup founded in 2016 that offers tailored solutions by providing a platform where customers are able to plan, design, finance, insure, build, furnish, decorate and maintain properties. iHouzit launched its first minimum viable...
- INTERVIEW: Projects delivering technology for life in Africa KOKO is a venture-backed technology company that believes communities thrive when each of their members is connected to opportunity. From product development and engineering projects to sustainable energy solutions, KOKO is on a mission to deliver technology...
- WhatsApp down on Cell C network On Friday, 13 September 2019, DownDetector reported that Cell C networks across South Africa were experiencing downtime – while there is still no word on what caused the problem, many consumers were unable to send or receive pictures on WhatsApp while...
- New digital literacy program targets youth in Zambia Zambian social enterprise, Asikana Network has partnered with Facebook to launch a digital literacy program in Zambia on Thursday, 12 September. eZibo Digital Literacy aims to train youth between the ages of 13-18 in Zambian schools. The programme will...
- Spotify – new owner of global audio production and collaboration platform Audio streaming platform – Spotify has acquired global audio production and collaboration marketplace, SoundBetter. The announcement, which came on Thursday, 12 September 2019, sheds no light on the value of the deal. With this, Spotify adds a community...
- Review: Energizer Power Max P490s The Energizer Power Max P490s is an Android smartphone that was announced in June 2018 and made available for purchase on August 2018. The P490s is an incredibly competent smartphone that comes equipped with all the bells and whistles expected of smartphones...
- Cleft certification: Smile Train, West African surgeons’ sign MoU
Smile Train, the world’s leading cleft organisation and the West African College of Surgeons (WACS) has entered into partnership with
- Traditional ruler loses as Appeal Court resettles evicted herders
Ahmed Abubakar, Dutse A court of appeal sitting in Dutse, Jigawa State, on Tuesday set aside a judgement delivered by
- Lalong: We’ll recover lost economic fortunes of Plateau
Gyang Bere, Jos Plateau State Governor Simon Bako Lalong has said that his administration is determined to recover the economic
- Nationwide cashless policy begins March 31, 2020 – CBN
Uche Usim, Abuja The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Tuesday disclosed that the long-awaited cashless policy takes off nationwide
- Chemical weapons: FG warns producers, marketers
The Federal Government has cautioned producers and marketers of chemical weapons against allowing it into the hands of non-state actors.
- Ugwuanyi inaugurates upgraded Poly, Udi General Hospitals
Enugu State Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has inaugurated Poly General Hospital, Asata, Enugu North Local Government and Udi General Hospital in
- Tax tribunal resolves N10bn evasion cases
Desmond Mgboh, Kano The Tax Appeal Tribunal, North West Zone, said it has resolved nine out of 13 cases worth
- Land dispute: Plateau community raises the alarm over missing of 7 persons
Gyang Bere, Jos A group, Chakfem Development Association (CDA) has raised the alarm that seven of its members were missing
- We’ll digitalise judiciary –Abiodun
Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has said the judiciary will be digitalised for effective and efficient service delivery in order
- Akeredolu bags African Governor Award for Innovative Leadership
Bamigbola Gbolagunte, Akure Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has been conferred with the award of excellence in Innovative Leadership by
- Nestle shareholders receive N58.50 dividend
- VDT opens experience centre to deepen market penetration
In a strategic move to deepen market penetration and improve customer service, leading Nigerian broadband communication service provider, VDT Communications
- Google, She Leads Africa set to host SLAY Festival
Internet search engine giant, Google, has unveiled plans to be part of the SLAY Festival, which would be returning to
- Computer Village expo to showcase tech innovations
Nigeria’s largest technology market hub, Ikeja Computer Village, will treat consumer technology lovers to five days of exciting cutting-edge technology
- FG to auction N150bn bonds on September 25 –DMO
The Federal Government has offered for subscription by auction N150 billion worth of bonds in its Sept. 25 auction, the
- Glo honours brilliant students at UNIBEN
Five best-performing students of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) have been appreciated and presented with smart phones by Globacom, in
- CBN moves monetary policy meeting forward to Sept 19-20
The Central Bank yesterday announced it has rescheduled its monetary policy committee meeting to September 19-20, 2019. The bank said
- FG constitutes inter-agency taskforce on recovery of N5trn AMCON debt
The Federal Government has inaugurated an inter-agency committee to speedily resolve the challenges in recovering over N5 trillion Asset Management
- Bribery allegations against Apapa Traffic Taskforce team untrue, malicious –Truck owners
Steve Agbota Truck owners have debunked the allegation of gratification that was leveled against the Presidential Task Team on Apapa
- Hollandia Evap Milk unveils new pack design
In order to connect to evolving consumers, Hollandia Evap Milk, one of Nigeria’s leading evaporated milk brands, has unveiled a
- ECOWAS parliament calls for reversal of Nigeria’s borders closure
The recent closure of the Nigerian borders with West African neighbours might hamper the implementation of the free trade movement
- Ajimobi’s wife tasks well-to-dos on philanthropy, distributes gifts to orphans
- Dickson warns PDP leaders over unauthorised statements
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa Bayelsa State Governor and People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Governors’ Forum Chairman, Seriake Dickson, has warned party leaders
- 2023: Daura zone demands governorship
Aidoghie Paulinus, Abuja Ahead of the 2023 elections, the people of Daura senatorial district of Katsina State, have called for
- 2023: Igbo must negotiate with West, North -Senator Adighije
Fred Itua, Abuja Senator Chris Adighije represented Abia Central in the Senate between 2003–2007. In 2005, Adighije spilled the beans
- Why Benue IDPs can’t return to ancestral home –Ujege
Rose Ejembi President General of the Tiv socio-cultural organization known as Mzough U Tiv, Edward Ujege has said that dialogue
- I’ll be fair to all religions –Makinde
Oluseye Ojo, Ibadan Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has pledged his administration will be fair and equal to all
- Dickson warns PDP leaders over unauthorised statements
Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa Bayelsa State Governor and People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Governors’ Forum Chairman, Seriake Dickson, has warned party leaders
- Kogi 2019: INEC expresses worry over possible violence
The Independent National Electric Commission (INEC) Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Kogi State, Prof. James Apam, yesterday, expressed the fear
- Northern forces plot for 2023 presidency
Adetutu Folasade-Koyi, Abuja There is an intense power tussle for the Presidency in 2023 as hawks in the North have
- Rivers governorship tribunal: Police tender official report confirming Wike’s victory
TONY JOHN, Port Harcourt A serving Assistant Commissioner of Police in Rivers State, ACP Victor Onugbo, yesterday, tendered a document
- Leave Okorocha alone, lawmaker charges Ihedioha
Ndubuisi Orji, Abuja The member of the House of Representatives, representing Ehime Mbano /Ihite Uboma /Obowo Federal Constituency, Chike Okafor
- Flood: Oyetola sympathises with victims, seeks FG’s intervention
- Khafi evicted from BBNaija, joins Gedoni
Khafi Kareem has been evicted from the ongoing Big Brother Naija season four. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that
- I can’t act nude for any amount –Arikegold, actress
Damilola Fatunmise Soft spoken and beautiful Adeola Folorunsho popularly known as Arikegold is a force to reckon with when it
- All set for Afrobics Dance competition at Felabration
The countdown to this year’s edition of Felabration has started in earnest. Themed: ‘From Lagos With Love’, the weeklong musical
- Why people think I’m snobbish –Chika Ike, actress
Christian Agadibe Actress and entrepreneur, Chika Ike has inspired many young people in Nigeria and beyond. An epitome of beauty,
- I’d love to marry someone like my late dad – Kenechukwu Ezeh
Managing her acting career with barbing hasn’t been easy for beautiful actress, Ezeh Kenechukwu Stephanie. The Cooperatives and Rural Development
- Rachel Okonkwo not responsible for my crashed marriage –Ken Erics
Keeping up with relationship as a celebrity seems to be the toughest thing to do, as marriages of celebrities keep
- AGN set to have new constitution
The Actors Guild of Nigeria is set to have a new constitution. The association ‘s Constitution Review Committee’s chairman, Dr.
- Nollywood stars storm China’s 70th anniversary in Lagos
Last weekend, the People’s Republic of China celebrated her 70th anniversary, which was marked with a grand reception at the
- Doro Musik Gang unveils big plans, signs ex-YBNL act, Lyta
Rita Okoye As part of plans to help music talents maximise their talents, showbiz executive, Yusuf, Abdou Ramy, also known
- Adele files for divorce from husband, Simon Konecki
Grammy Award winner, Adele Adkins a.k.a Adele, has filed for divorce from her husband, Simon Konecki, according to legal documents
- September 18, Stanbic IBTC Introduces Educational Products
- September 18, Sterling Bank Unveils N50bn Facility for MSMEs
- September 18, Alakija: Raising VAT Will Hurt Entrepreneurs
- September 18, Crowdyvest Unveils New Initiative
- September 18, Gates Foundation Report Highlights New Data on Global Inequality
- September 18, Sterling Bank Unveils N50bn Facility for MSMEs
- September 18, Alakija: Raising VAT Will Hurt Entrepreneurs
- September 18, Crowdyvest Unveils New Initiative
- September 18, Gates Foundation Report Highlights New Data on Global Inequality
- September 18, Abuja Trade Fair to Boost Financing for SMEs
- September 18, Quest for Self-sufficiency in Food Production
- September 18, Executives for Sustainability Conference
- September 18, Ethopian PM, Tinubu Win African Democracy Award
- September 18, In Pursuit of Self-sufficiency in Food Production
- September 18, Lawmaker Urges FG to Decongest Tincan, Apapa Ports
- September 18, UBA’s New Strategies Yield Fruits
- September 18, Rector Calls for Increased Private Sector Partnership
- September 18, New Economic Advisory Council Hailed
- September 18, ‘Kano to Unveil Agro-pastoral Development Project’
- September 18, Stakeholders Commend FG’s Intervention over High Charges
- September 18, Experts to Discuss Renewable Energy Resources at 2019 Power Nigeria
- September 17, Minister Harps on Job Creation, Malaysian Firm Plans $100m Investment
- September 17, Ibom Air Delivers 50,000th Passengers
- September 17, Declare Emergency in Financial Reporting, Obazee Tells FG
- September 17, US Consulate Empowers Female Entrepreneurs
- September 17, Lawmakers, IST to Partner on Capital Market Disputes Resolution
- September 17, FBNQuest Trustees Records N6trn Transactions
- He cast a spell on me, married me after turning my heart away from my fiancé —Wife
A woman, Abidolu Sheriff has approached Oja Oba/ Mapo Court C Customary Court, Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, seeking that it
- My wife was constantly having sex with her ex fiancé; threatened to stab our baby —Man
Oja Oba/ Mapo Court Customary Court, Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State has ended the relationship between a couple, Subar Ibrahim and
- ‘No man has approached me for a relationship since my husband cast a spell on me’
Oja Oba/ Mapo Court C Customary Court, Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, has adjourned till September 16, judgment on the divorce
- Recapitalisation: Challenges before insurance companies
As the race towards the June 30, 2020 recapitalisation deadline for insurance companies, begins, SULAIMON OLANREWAJU looks at the hurdles
- Proposed VAT increase and unending controversies
Akin Adewakun, Lagos The clarification from the Federal Government, through the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed,
- CBN’s centres of excellence to aide varsities global competitiveness
SANYA ADEJOKUN reports that in the last nine years, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has embarked on a centre of
- Why foreigners’ involvement in poultry business must be limited —Ogunnaike
Chief Emmanuel Folorunsho Ogunnaike (MFR), is the chairman of Folhope Limited, a company renowned for integrated farming which includes livestock
- Northern governors identify, adopt NLTP as solution to herders/farmers rift
The Northern State Governors Forum, have identified the National Livestock Transformation Plan (NLTP) as the ideal way to solve the
- We are making exportation of agricultural commodities easy — NAQS DG
Director-General of the Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS), Dr Vincent Isegbe, speaks on the efforts of NAQS to ease the
- 5 success-enhancing beliefs
Beliefs are powerful; they shape perspective and define behaviours. Beliefs either enhance or vitiate life. What we believe either strengthens
- Assumptions that ruin businesses
According to a 2018 publication of the United States of America-based Small Business Administration, four out of five business outfits
- Cause and effect in leadership
Cause and effect is the principle that rules the world. Nothing happens for nothing; everything happens for a reason. Nothing
- Government needs to simplify the process of importing raw materials for SMEs — Babangida
Aisha Babangida, a graduate of Communications and Multimedia Designs from American University of Nigeria, is the Chief Executive officer (CEO)
- Meet Oyindamola Johnson, social entrepreneur committed to human capital development
Oyindamola Johnson is the convener of Elevate Your Game. He is a professional social entrepreneur with over eight years experience
- Nigerian Startup builds Anti-kidnap and Anti-theft gadget
A Nigerian Startup, After-time Innovations founded by Onos Afo Temienor OAT, has taken quite an innovative step towards addressing the
- Nigeria bleeds as pipeline vandalism continues unabated
Recently, Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) decried loss of 10,000 barrels of crude oil per day from its operation valued
- $17bn NLNG Train 7 project to generate 40,000 jobs —Wabote
THE Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), Engr. Simbi Wabote, has said that the execution
- ROSATOM reiterates commitment to nurturing Nigerian youths on nuclear technologies
INSPIRED by the need to raise the next generation of nuclear energy technology experts in Nigeria, ROSATOM, Russia's state-run nuclear
- Abuja Carnival to hold November 23
The annual Abuja Carnival is scheduled to take place between 23rd and 25th November, 2019. The carnival is a yearly
- Amaechi, Mohammed, FRSC AIB for second transport, tourism summit
The Minister of Transport, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, and Alhaji Lai Muhammed, Minister of Information and Culture will be the special
- La Campagne builds world’s first mud house with indoor swimming pool
The vibrancy of a resort centre does not lie in its ability to maintain old facilities alone but in innovative
- A Brief History of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
A Brief History of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Bitcoin has brought a revolution in the world. Since its start in 2008,
- Experts decry challenges in telecoms industry, proffer solutions
Stakeholders in the telecommunications industry, last week decried challenges impeding effective telecommunications service delivery in the country. They expressed their
- ITU Telecom World 2019 highlights tech innovations improving lives
A host of life-changing innovations were highlighted at the lively awards ceremony, which marked the close of four days of
- NSITF partnersNECA, institutes safe workplace intervention project
The Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), in collaboration with the Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA), has Instituted a Safe
- Ngige’s re-appointment, reward for outstanding performance —ILO
The Director-General of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), Mr Guy Ryder, has commended the re-appointment of Senator Chris Ngige as
- Textile workers hail judicial independence, says tribunal judgement deepens democracy
The General Secretary, National Union of Textile, Garment and Tailoring Workers of Nigeria (NUTGTWN), Comrade Issa Aremu, has described the
- NCAA optimistic about airlines meeting financial commitment
The Director-General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Captain Usman Muhtar, has expressed optimism that Nigeria’s airline operators will
- BTM unveils new travel management brand
Business Travel Management Ltd. (BTM) has announced partnership with CWT (formerly Carlson Wagonlit Travel), the business-to-business-for-employees (B2B4E) travel management platform
- NANTA trains IATA, non-IATA registered travel agencies
The National Association of Nigerian Travel Agency (NANTA) has announced plans to host nationwide training for International Airline Transport Association
- Only quality tyres should be allowed into Nigeria —Saghal, MD, Asahi Brands
CONCERNED authorities must ensure that only tyres that meet high standards of strength and durability are allowed into the country
- Marketing practitioners, experts relish brand-building tales, achievements at WIA 2019
BESIDES serving as a recognition initiative, aimed at celebrating prominent individual and corporate brands that have made a mark for
- BSG targets over 14,000 students, 60 schools with SMASHED campaign
The Beer Sectoral Group (BSG) of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), BSG-MAN, has announced the launch of its under-aged
- How To cultivate the rare leadership skill few possess
When was the last time you were wrong? Did you freely admit it? And were you willing to accept it?
- 5 ways to find your purpose and create impact as a leader
If you’re a leader or a professional in any capacity, you’ve probably asked yourself at one time or another, “How
- How to walk the talk with your leadership message
What makes a great leader? Is it charisma? Courage? Foresight? All of the above, none of the above, or some
- Conoil assures shareholders of improved returns, as profit rises by 13.8%
Shareholders of Conoil Plc have been assured of juicy returns on their investment in line with its tradition of delivering
- Ekiti governor visits NSE, woo investors
Ekiti Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has assured investors that, with the introduction of relevant policies and legislature, the state is
- H1’2019: GTBank increases PBT by 5.6% •Proposes 30 kobo interim dividend
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc’s (GTBank) half year result has shown positive growth across key financial metrics and reflects its leading
- Take lead in ongoing energy revolution governments urged
THE Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria (ERA/FoEN) has called on African governments to tackle the continent-wide poverty to
- Nigeria, China to strengthen bilateral relation to curb illegal wildlife trade
Nigeria and China are set to strengthen bilateral relations to tackle illegal wildlife trade in line with the Convention on
- FG, UNDP, TRI sensitise youths on climate change issues
THE Federal Government, through the Federal Ministry of Environment, in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Talentplus
- Nigerian ports filled up, running out of space, NPA cries out
The Managing Director/CEO of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Hadiza Bala Usman has warned that Nigeria’s ports are currently running
- FG laments delay over $195m maritime security contract take-off
THE Federal Government on Thursday lamented delay in the take-off of the $195m maritime security contract awarded to an Israeli
- NPA assures workforce of improved welfare
The Managing Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) Hadiza Bala Usman has once again reiterated the management’s determination and
- CBN sets N2m penalty for use of unapproved e-payment solution
THE Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has warned Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) and Other Financial Institutions (OFIs) against use of
- AfDB launches $2bn 1.625% global benchmark bond
THE African Development Bank, rated Aaa/AAA/AAA (Moody’s/S&P/Fitch, all stable), has launched and priced a US$ 2 billion 3-year Global Benchmark
- Stanbic IBTC Bank leads 19 others in Nigeria’s Q2 capital investment
AS if in a race to outpace each other in capital importation into Nigeria , 19 other lenders have given
- UNILAG seeks to improve artisans’ competitiveness
C ONCERNED over heavy reliance on foreign artisans in the sector of the Nigeria’s economy, owing to the dearth of
- Legislator tasks corporate bodies on rejuvenation of Lagos’ Ajegunle slum
APPARENTLY dissatisfied with the quantum of infrastructure deficits, including the absence of basic amenities that has been the portion of
- Experts laud impact of technology in reshaping estate agency practice
AS a way of doing things faster, better and quicker, technology is making today’s reality of global economy/village possible and
- NCAC takes cultural fabric promotion to next level
MANUFACTURERS of local fabrics and those in the fashion business will soon start smiling to the bank following a renewed
- Dubai Tourism CEO to lead 22 delegates to Nigeria for AfTM
THE leading tourism destination in Middle East and Africa, Dubai, will be attending the 15th Akwaaba African Travel Market 2019,
- Ooni of Ife first to receive Africa Travel 100 Global Personalities award
THE organisers of Akwaaba African Travel Market (AfTM), have honoured the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II,
- Kevin Hart hit with $60m lawsuit over sex tape
American stand-up comedian, producer, and actor, Kevin Hart’s sex tape partner, Montia Sabbag has sued him for 60 million dollars
- Kourtney Kardashian hints on leaving KUWTK show
American model and socialite, Kourtney Kardashian has hinted on plans to exit the popular Reality TV show Keeping Up With
- BBNaija (S4): ‘I felt so much peace around Gedoni’ ― Khafi
Evicted Housemate, Khafi Kareem says she loves her partner Gedoni Ekpata and felt so much peace around him whilst in
- BBNaija (S4): Cindy, Frodd, Mercy, Diane up for fake eviction
Housemates Mercy, Frodd, Diane and Cindy have been out up for fake eviction. News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that
- NOA urges Nigerians to treat national symbols with respect
The National Orientation Agency (NOA) has called on Nigerians to imbibe the attitude of respect for the national symbols. Dr
- Nigerian artist, Bankulli speaks on writing for Beyoncé
Nigerian artist and talent manager, Bankulli Osha has revealed details of his work with Beyoncé on ‘Lion King: The Gift’
- Falz, Sarkodie, Nasty C make history with BET Hip Hop Awards 2019
BET International has announced the launch of a new category to honour artistes from around the world during the BET
- ‘Brodashaggi and I failed many times —SLKomedy
Comedian, SLKomedy, has revealed that finding the right characters for his comedy skit with Brodashaggi was not easy, saying that
- My wedding will be like a movie, says Davido
Assurance crooner, Davido, who proposed to his girlfriend, Chioma, recently is about to take his love with the lady to
- BBNaija: Esther is a sneaky girl —Ike
Esther may be out of the Big Brother Naija house, but she’s not out of the minds of her ex-housemates
- I’m not pregnant, Dayo Amusa cries out
Actress and singer, Dayo Amusa has debunked rumours doing the rounds that she is pregnant as she urged her fans,
- Tiwa Savage, Guy Manoukian to headline Nigerian-Lebanese multicultural concert
The Live in Lagos: Music Hall concert is coming to Lagos again. The concert, which that depicts the fusion of
- I used to talk a lot as a child, now it’s my profession
Oluyomi Oshisami is a woman with many faces - a presenter, show host, producer and events planner - she has
- Mr Bigg’s remodels restaurant, raises ante in customers’ lifestyle experience
Mr Bigg’s, the Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) arm of UACN of Nigeria, being run by its subsidiary, UAC Restaurants Limited,
- Expert proffers solution to deficiency in vitamins, minerals
A food and nutrition expert with the Lagos State Government, Olusola Malomo, has stated that regular intake of fruit juice
- ‘I intend to transform 10,000 young teenagers to entrepreneurs in Oyo State’
Animashaun Aminat Aderayo is a textile designer who specialises in innovative shoes, bags and accessories inspired by African culture, arts
- Godwin Tom’s iManage Africa partners Mr Eazi’s Empawa Africa to train young entertainment entrepreneurs
Entertainment consulting and talent management firm, iManage Africa, has announced a partnership with Mr Eazi’s Empawa Africa for its 2019
- Laptop for DJing
The evolution of DJing has come such a long way that it becomes difficult to believe it all started with
- I never slept with any producer for fame —Slay Queen
Yoruba actress, Opeyemi Ademeso, popularly known as Slay Queen, is gradually building a name for herself in the movie industry
- ‘I suffered 11 miscarriages after seven years of marriage before I had my son’
Popular actress and movie producer, Linda Adedeji, gives her best to any role she is given and has wormed her
- Breaking my record will be hard for any producer —Krizbeatz
Krizbeatz has produced beats for many acts from within and outside Africa. When are you going to start taking your
- Why no producer can approach me for sex —Deola Layade
Serial entrepreneur and creative director of Azaria Bespoke Company Limited, Adeola Layade, is a movie producer, actress and baker. Layade,
- I’ll give marriage another chance again if…. —Juliet Ibrahim
You have been somehow quiet. Many people are wondering what could have made you keep a low profile for a
- Nigerian music is growing, but… —Kadiri, Boomplay General Manager
How has life been managing the affairs of Boomplay Music? Life has been on a rollercoaster of sleepless nights and
- How my experience in Hollywood shaped my act as a filmmaker —Dolly Nwaduba
Dolly Nwaduba is a Nigerian writer, actress and producer. She joined the Nigerian movie industry, fondly known as Nollywood, after
- Baby mama degrades women —Ogeh Cynthia, filmmaker
Ogeh Cynthia is a Nigerian filmmaker and movie producer in the diaspora. Based in Canada, the Anambra State born also
- I care so much about my pretty face —Bidemi Mustapha (Minaj)
Bidemi Mustapha, popularly known as Minaj is one actress, who does not only pay attention to her acting, but also
- I started a revolution which gave Nigerian girls confidence to express sexuality —Afrocandy
She has no other way to be described other than controversial celebrity going by her lifestyle and brand. United States-based
- I can’t retire from acting ’cos nobody ’ll pay me pension —Antar Laniyan
What have you been up to in the last few years? I have been into acting and movie directing. And
- The bane of Nollywood is lack of professionalism, piracy —Prof. Sola Fosudo
Professor Sola Fosudo is a consummate actor, dramatist, theatre director, scholar, critic and the Head of Department of Theatre Arts
- Genoype test for babies
At what age can a new born baby do the genotype blood test? Cecilia (by SMS) Sickle cell disease can
- Can I use antibiotics for my cold?
I have been coughing and sneezing for the past five days and the doctor diagnosed common cold. While I want
- Defecation in open spaces
The rate at which people both men and women defecate openly in the country is alarming. Currently, Nigeria has been
- Tuberculosis and HIV co-infection on the increase in Nigeria ― NGO
AN NGO, Heartland Alliance International (HAI), says the Federal Government should be aware that Tuberculosis and HIV co-infection is on
- Telecoms provider to introduce E-health scheme in rural areas in Nigeria
THE Country Manager/Sales Avanti Communications, based in Lagos, Mrs Jane Egerton-Idehen, a Satellite Company, has stressed for the introduction of
- WHO tasks countries on improving standards
THE World Health Organisation (WHO) has urged member states to improve on existing standards in their respective countries to prevent
- Moringa oleifera extract may protect against glaucoma —Scientists
For centuries, Moringa oleifera leaf has been used in traditional medicine for common ailments in many countries of the world
- Eggplant has blood pressure-suppressing effect
Evidence suggests that a high-fibre and non-starchy vegetable such as eggplant supports the prevention of type-2 diabetes. Now, experts say
- Garlic, cucumber treats knee pain
Osteoarthritis is an age-related disease caused by the wear and tear of the joints. Presently, there is no known cure
- World Suicide Prevention Day 2019: Everyone has a role to play
The sober facts of avoidable waste of precious human lives through suicide remain incontrovertible and sad. A million suicide deaths
- Book on optimal mental health: Nigerian Tribune and the promotion of mental health awareness
The media (traditional and new media) are powerful influencers and shapers of public opinion. They can also be strong and
- Mental health needs of the elderly: Dementia
Chief Afolabi is a 73-year-old, retired ambassador and a highly-respected citizen of the community. However, over the past few years,
- Ita-Giwa turns passion to business
‘Mama Bakassi’ as female politician, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, is known is a woman favoured with the gift of turning everything
- What push-ups can tell about your heart
Can you do 40 push ups? No, not over the course of a month, but in a row? If not,
- Five menstruation myths you must leave behind
Approximately half of the world’s population experiences, will experience, or has experienced menstruation, and yet myths about this biological process
- Why pregnant women must avoid unprescribed medications —Dr Adebiyi
Dr Adewole Adebiyi is a consultant cardiologist with University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Oyo State. In this interview by YINKA
- Woman, if you smell bad, quickly see a doctor—Experts
For decades, the stigma surrounding periods has been convincing women that they need to take extra measures to stay fresh
- Why many couples have difficulties having babies years after marriage –Dr Adeyanju
Dr Ayodeji Adeyanju is an obstetrician and gynaecologist with the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Oyo State. In this interview
- A glimpse into the future – The year 2022
I went to visit my friend Mike in the Futura City, about two hours away from mine. I hadn’t seen
- ‘Life is better when you are happy, but at its best when many others are happy because of you’
With troubled heart, low spirits and morale, I could see nothing but gloom all around me. The usual permanent smile
- Bruce E. Spivey— The candle that lights other candles
This is a special week for me. Why? Four great friends of mine are celebrating their birthday. The youngest of