- How Cheap Oil Handicaps Nigeria's Fight Against Boko Haram - Huffington Post
- 30 dead in two Nigeria village raids: vigilantes - Yahoo News
- Emulate Murtala Mohammed's virtues to make Nigeria better, Buhari urges Nigerians - Premium Times
- Fashola! Deal first with Nigeria's many 419 metres!! - Vanguard
Fashola! Deal first with Nigeria's many 419 metres!!VanguardOn February 01, 2016, new electricity tariffs approved by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) came into force. In a quick response, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC) and Civil Society ...and more »
- Why Lassa fever persists in Nigeria –Prof. Agbonlahor - Daily Sun
Why Lassa fever persists in Nigeria –Prof. AgbonlahorDaily Sun“Despite the thousands of deaths from the fever, Nigeria is still unprepared to contain the disease, waking up every year an outbreak is reported, running like a decapitated chicken in any direction and forgetting about the disease till another year of ...and more »
- Nigeria's Buhari needs to avoid telling the 'single story' about Nigerians abroad - Quartz
- Woman Travels From Nigeria to Brooklyn to Deliver Triplets - The Root
- Foundation to support Nigeria, other African countries on industrialisation - The Guardian Nigeria (satire) (press release) (blog)
- AFCON 2017: Nigeria's date with Egypt shifted forward - Premium Times
- EFCC reopens Halliburton bribery case, senior Nigerian lawyer quizzed, 5 other SANs for probe - Premium Times
- Protest As Buhari Sacks 13 Universities' Vice Chancellors [Daily Trust] The Coalition of Civil Society Groups (CCSG) has protested against the sack of Vice Chancellors of 12 Federal Universities.
- Court Restrains EFCC From Arresting Rickey Tarfa [This Day] A Federal High Court in Lagos yesterday restrained the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) from arresting Mr. Rickey Tarfa SAN pending the hearing and determination of a fundamental rights enforcement suit filed before the court.
- Wheat Farmers in Kano Set to Establish Flour Mills Factory [Daily Trust] The Wheat Farmers Association of Nigeria (WFAN) in Kano state is set to establish a Flour Mills Company in Kano, Chairman of the association in the state, Alhaji Faruk Rabiu has said.
- Adenuga Named Man of the Year By City People [Daily Trust] Nigeria's business guru and Chairman of the Mike Adenuga Group of Companies, Dr. Mike Adenuga Jr., has been unveiled as 'Man of the Year' by Nigeria's leading society magazine, City People, in recognition of his humanitarian activities and business prowess.
- Exhibitors Want More Govt's Intervention in SMEs Sector [Guardian] Exhibitors at the just-concluded made-in-Aba Trade Fair have called for increased government's intervention in the country's Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) sector.
- Germany Joins Nigeria in War Against Boko Haram, Corruption. [Independent (Lagos)] Abuja -Hope has risen that the war against Boko Haram will achieve faster success as Nigeria has received more international support in the fight against the insurgents.
- U.S., Actively Supporting Counter Boko Haram Efforts [Guardian] The U.S. says it supports the establishment of the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) and is actively partnering with the MNJTF signatory countries in their counter Boko Haram efforts by providing advisers, intelligence, training, logistical support and equipment.
- Nigerian Capital Market Appreciates Further By 2.19 Percent Amid Expectation of Audited Results [Independent (Lagos)] The Nigerian Stock Exchange market indices on Thursday sustained ITS positive growth by 2.19 per cent following price appreciation achieved by some highly capitalised equities.
- Osun Bank Robbery - Oluwo Salutes Police Gallantry [Daily Trust] Oyegbade -A traditional ruler in Osun State, the Oluwo of Iwo, Oba AbdulRasheed Adewale Akanbi on Saturday lauded the gallantry of the men of Osun State Command of Nigeria Police Force who foiled the armed robbery attack on the branches of Skye bank and Frist bank in Ikirun, Osun State on Friday.
- Kuje Residents Stranded As Council Imposes Sanitation [Daily Trust] Residents of Kuje area council in Abuja on Saturday voiced their frustration with management of the council for closing down all roads leading in and out for the purpose of environmental sanitation.
- Mrs Buhari Honours Nzeako, As She Gets Memorial Building [Daily Trust] Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, has honoured late Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako as a veritable mother of the nation worth emulating.
- Health Information Manager Solicits Proper Health Registration System [Daily Trust] Mr Wole Ajayi, the President, Health Information Managers' Association of Nigeria (HIMAN), has solicited a proper health registration system to effectively handle large volume of data generated in the health sector.
- Sokoto Govt Plans to Enroll 1.2m Pupils in Primary Schoos in 9 Months - Tambuwal [Daily Trust] Gov. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State says the state government plans to enroll no fewer than 1.2 million pupils in primary schools across the 23 local governments of the state in the next nine months.
- Summit Considers Nigeria's Health Troubles, U.S.$33 Billion Shortfall [Daily Trust] A funding gap of nearly $33 billion for health takes centre stage as experts meet next week for a summit on reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH), Daily Trust has learnt.
- Gombe Govt. Donates N60m to Federal University, Kashere [Daily Trust] Gombe State Government has donated N60 million towards the maiden convocation of the Federal University, Kashere (FUK).
- Independent Marketers Lament Sharp Practices At NNPC/ Ppmc [Independent (Lagos)] Kaduna -The Kaduna Chapter of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has blamed the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu for his failure to tackle the corruption in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
- Most Products Used By Nigerians Are Imported... ... DG, Standard Organisation of Nigeria Son [Independent (Lagos)] Kaduna -The Director General of Standards Organisation of Nigeria, Dr. Joseph Odumodu has said that Nigeria imports eighty percent of what it uses and these are products such as tables, boxes etc.
- Supreme Court Rulings - Nass, INEC Mule Electoral Reform, Amendment of Act [Independent (Lagos)] Abuja -With the storm yet to settle over the Supreme Court's pronouncements on the 2015 gubernatorial elections petitions in Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Abia States, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and leadership of the National Assembly may have initiated preliminary discussions on how to strengthen the relevant laws ahead of future elections in the country.
- Lent - Cleric Urges Nigerians to Assist IDPs,Less Privileged [Guardian] The Catholic Bishop of Lafia Diocese, Dr. Mathew Ishaya on Saturday called on Christians and others Nigerians to use the Lenten seasons to assist the less privileged and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) .
- 'Budget Padding Is Very Unfortunate, but Not Beyond Redemption' [Guardian] Muhammad Labbo, Co-ordinator of Buhari Media Support Group (BMSG) speaks on the alleged padding of 2016 budget, the controversies it is generating and the way forward.
- Health Information Manager Solicits Proper Health Registration System [Guardian] Mr Wole Ajayi, the President, Health Information Managers' Association of Nigeria (HIMAN), has solicited a proper health registration system to effectively handle a large volume of data generated in the health sector.
- Nigeria Spends U.S.$20 Billion On Food Importation Yearly, Says Ogbeh [Guardian] THE Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh, has lamented the exorbitant amount Nigerians spend on importing food into the country, saying that the total amounts to $20b per year.
- Group Urges Osun Govt. to Diversify Economy [Guardian] The Leadership Factory, a non-governmental organisation in Osun, has advised the state government to diversify its economy, in order to rescue the state from its present economic hardship.
- Women Purchase More Valentine Cards Than Men Annually [Guardian] Women purchase about 85 per cent of an estimated 1.2 billion valentine cards that are sold worldwide annually, Mrs Felicia Bello, the Matron, Landmark University Medical Centre, Omu-Aran, has said.
- Police Await Arrest Warrant Against Aluko, Track Tompolo [Guardian] THE Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Solomon Arase, yesterday said that Niger Delta militant leader, Mr. Government Ekpemupolo, aka Tompolo, would soon be arrested over the allegation of diversion of public funds slammed on him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
- Society Honours 5 VCs, 26 Organisations for Contributions to National Development [Guardian] The Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS) on Friday in Lagos honoured five Vice Chancellors and 26 'outstanding' corporate organisations, for their contributions to national development.
- Activist Urges Bello to Probe Immediate Past Administration in Kogi [Guardian] Mr Idris Miliki, Executive Director, Centre for Human Rights and Conflict Resolution (CHRCR), a Kogi-based NGO, on Saturday urged Gov. Yahaya Bello to probe the immediate past administration in the state.
- Cult Clash Claims Six Lives in Rivers Community [Guardian] Rivers Police command has confirmed the death of six persons following a clash between two rival cult groups in Omoku, headquarter of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni local government area, on Friday night.
- APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda and Federal Might to Take Rivers State, Instead of Proving Its Allegation of Over-Voting [This Day] Rivers State has been in the news lately for several reasons including the outcome of the elections petitions in the state resolved in favour of Governor Nyesom Wike who is on a victory lap. In this exclusive interview with Onyebuchi Ezigbo, he spoke on several touchy issues including his experiences at the petitions and courts, allegations of looting $150 million made against his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi, the allegations leveled against him by APC governorship candidate Dakuku Peterside concerning the
- SIM Re-Registration - MTN Subscribers Lament Network Failure, Card Blockage [This Day] MTN customers across the country have continued to express unhappiness on the way the ongoing Subscriber Identification Module, SIM, registration exercise is being processed.
- Why online dating this valentines day might be risky Various online dating companies in the United States of America have reported that a surge in user growth is generally experienced at the start of a New Year. Match.com specifically stated that the company expects a 60% increase in new members between Christmas Day and Valentine’s Day. With February being the month of love for [&hellip...
- Digital Classroom In a Box unveiled Gilat Satcom has announced that its Digital Classroom In A Box is now available for shipping to Africa, as a part of the Smart Village turnkey solution. This new concept for rural schools was unveiled at The Aid & International Development Forum...
- Pure Storage Introduces Predictive Platform and 3D TLC Memory – Pure Storage, the market’s leading independent solid-state array vendor, today delivers new innovations that dramatically simplify storage ownership. New solutions include: Pure1 Global Insight to revolutionize customer support from “proactive” to...
- South Africa: Cashless, ticketless parking app launched A new cashless, ticketless, user-friendly parking app is set to take the hassle out of parking using license plate recognition (LPR) technology. KaChing, which officially launches today, uses LPR technology to open the boom when users arrive at and leave a...
- Funding for sales, marketing and product engineering initiatives to accelerate hyper growth OutSystems, the world’s leading Rapid Application Development and Delivery (RAD) platform for the enterprise, today announced the completion of a $55 million funding round with North Bridge Growth Equity, a leading growth equity firm that invests in...
- Pure Storage Reinvents Storage Experience with Release of FlashArray//m New Solution Integrates Hardware and Software Innovation in All-Flash Storage Pure Storage, the market’s leading independent solid-state array vendor, recently announced the release of FlashArray//m, the company’s new flagship all-flash storage array. In...
- Vodacom Business Nigeria, Etisalat seal enterprise partnership Vodacom Business Nigeria and Etisalat Nigeria have announced a partnership agreement that enables Vodacom provide mobile voice and data services to its customers and equips Etisalat to provide improved enterprise solutions to its customers. This strategic...
- MTN fine: Government sets conditions for talks The government of Nigeria has called on MTN to make a down payment as a “show of good faith” before the mobile operator’s proposal for an out of court settlement will be considered, this according to a report in Nigeria Communications Week. Mr. Adebayo...
- Adwind malware hits over 400000 users Kaspersky Lab’s Global Research and Analysis Team has published extensive research on the Adwind Remote Access Tool (RAT), a cross-platform, multifunctional malware programme also known as AlienSpy, Frutas, Unrecom, Sockrat, JSocket and jRat, and which is...
- Mobile operators accused of ripping off musicians Artists in South Africa have accused local mobile operators Vodacom and MTN of violating copyright laws. According to a report in The City Press, popular musicians DJ Cleo and Flavour N’abania have requested for sales data from MTN, Content Connect...
- What are the capabilities of 5G? At the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Nokia is showing how 5G applications run on its network infrastructure as operators explore the new business opportunities of an increasingly connected world. These demonstrations, including eight from Bell Labs,...
- Nigeria: Etisalat locks horns with MTN over Visafone buy Etisalat has raised objections to MTN’s recently-concluded purchase of Visafone Nigeria and has called on the regulator ,the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), to reverse its approval of the deal. According to a report in The Guardian,...
- Jovago secures 75m EUR investment Jovago.com, a leading hotel booking website, and Insurance provider Axa, announced today a partnership to develop the expansion of Jovago and a new round of funding to boost its activities in Africa. This would further ensure the expansion of the business to...
- Nigeria: 16 million visit Facebook on mobile monthly Facebook announced 16 million people in Nigeria visit Facebook every month with 100% of them coming on mobile. Each day, 7.2 million people visit Facebook with 7 million on mobile. This announcement comes on with Friends Day (4 February), or Facebook’s 12th...
- Kenya: Interswitch to launch new fraud control systems Interswitch East Africa- has today announced plans to introduce two advanced fraud control systems in Kenya known as Card Control and Scorebridge intended to further enhance fraud security for cardholders and financial institutions. The card based fraud...
- Lamudi secures $31.4m investment Real estate portal Lamudi, was launched in October 2013 by German Internet platform Rocket Internet. The company operates exclusively in the emerging markets and is currently active in thirty five locations across Asia, Africa and Latin America. In February...