Nigeria-witnessing-a-rebirth-under-Buhari-–-Fasanmi">October 7, 2015 : NAN
- Guilty of Rape? Go to Jail For 14 Years [Premium Times] The Kano State Solicitor General, Mukthar Daneji, has said the state has finally put a 14-year jail term without option of fine as minimum punishment for rape culprits.
- 15 Airports Get Satellite Navigation [Daily Trust] Lagos -The Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) has unveiled the Performance-Based Navigation (PBN) approaches for 15 Nigerian airports.
- IMF Cuts Forecast for Nigeria, Others [Daily Trust] The International Monetary Fund (IMF) yesterday downgraded its forecast for global economic growth for this year and 2016, especially for Nigeria and some other emerging economies.
- Charles Okah Attempts Suicide in Court [Premium Times] Security operatives attached to Justice Gabriel Kolawole at the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Tuesday prevented Charles Okah, the alleged mastermind of the 2010 Independence Day bombing, from committing suicide in court.
- Will New Code Clean Up Financial Corruption? [Africa In Fact] The Nigerian Stock Exchange won plaudits last November for launching a new set of rules designed to curb corporate misdeeds and reform a market weakened by years of corruption and poor oversight.
- The Saudi Stampede [Independent (Lagos)] On September 24, 2015, a large number of Muslims from different parts of the world, who went to Saudi Arabia for this year's Hajj lost their lives in Mina, due to suffocation arising from overcrowding.
- We Must Reduce Infant Mortality Rates [Daily Trust] Last week, consultant pediatrician Dr Efunbo Dosekun raised the alarm that up to 700 newborn babies die in this country every day. Dosekun, who spoke in Lagos, blamed the situation on lack of incubators among other causes.
- Eagles, Congo Ticket Goes for N6,000 [Independent (Lagos)] Football fans who are interested in watching Thursday (October 8) international friendly between the Super Eagles and their Democratic Republic of Congo counterpart should be prepared to cough out between ?15 and ?25, (N3, 500 and N6,000).
- Buhari's Cabinet List Made Public [Deutsche Welle] President Buhari's long-awaited cabinet list has finally been released. Nigeria's upper house will start vetting nominees on October 13. The list includes three women.
- Fighting Corruption in Enduring Ways [Guardian] The desperate situation of Nigeria over corruption in all spheres has necessitated a desperate call for the death penalty to be introduced as a way of curbing the menace. But this will hardly help as capital punishment can indeed be counter-productive. What will save Nigeria from corruption is building enduring institutions for prevention, sanctions in cases of infractions and getting the core values of honesty and integrity woven into Nigeria's human and societal fabric.
- Lagos - One Hotel Owner Glue Holding Liberians Together [FrontPageAfrica] Lagos -Chief Cliff Nzeruem, the CEO of Hotel Ibis Royale in Lagos, Nigeria is a gem for many in the Liberian community. His goodwill during the long running civil war helped where he offered aide to fleeing refugees remains etched in the memory of many Liberians who have made this vibrant former Nigerian capital their second home.
- Army 'Kills Over 100' Boko Haram Militants, Loses Seven Soldiers [Premium Times] The Nigerian Army in the early hours of Wednesday killed over 100 Boko Haram terrorists after they made attempts to attack 120 Task Force Battalion troops, located at Goniri, Yobe State.
- Country Widens Oil Corruption Probe [Deutsche Welle] Nigeria has arrested the head of a major local oil firm only a day after the oil giant's former petroleum minister was arrested in the UK on corruption charges. The government has said it will clamp down on graft.
- Halliburton - Prosecute Those Indicted, Nnamani Urges Buhari [Vanguard] Abuja -Former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, yesterday, tasked President Muhammadu Buhari not to limit his prosecution of corrupt public officials only to the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.
- Buhari Asks Britain, Switzerland to Expedite Action in Returning Stolen Funds to Nigeria [This Day] Abuja -President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Britain, Switzerland and countries to speed up the processes of investigation, prosecution and repatriation of Nigerian funds stolen by corrupt public officials and their accomplices.
- Why UK By-Passed EFCC, ICPC in Diezani's Probe [This Day] Abuja -Details of why the United Kingdom's National Crimes Agency (NCA) refused to involve Nigerian anti-graft agencies ?in its investigation of the alleged bribery and money laundering levied against the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, emerged on Tuesday.
- Drama As Charles Okah Attempts Suicide Inside Court [Leadership] Proceedings at the Federal High Court was disrupted yesterday, when the suspect of the Independence Day bombing in Abuja, Mr. Charles Okah, attempted suicide from the third floor of the six storey building of the court.
- Buhari's Ministers - Who Gets What [This Day] Abuja -Following the release of 21 names of ministerial nominees sent by President Muhammadu Buhari to Senate President Bukola Saraki last week, Nigerians would still have to wait for at least another two weeks for the Senate to conclude its screening and for Buhari to announce the portfolios they will be assigned.
- Why I Won't Seek Political Office - Dangote [Premium Times] Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote on Tuesday said he had no interest in actively participating in politics, saying business and politics should never be mixed.
- Ministerial List - Nothing to Be Excited About - - PDP [Premium Times] The Peoples Democratic Party says it has noted the list of President Muhammadu Buhari's ministerial nominees as announced by the Senate on Tuesday.
- Military Delivers Final Warning to Boko Haram Terrorist to Surrender [This Day] Abuja -The Nigerian military has issued a stern warning to all members of Boko Haram terrorists to either surrender willingly and face the legal prosecutions, or be smoked out from their hiding.
- I'm Running Lagos N3 Billion Less Than Fashola Did - Ambode [Premium Times] The Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi ?Ambode, has said that his administration has reduced the cost of governance in the state and saved N3 billion monthly.
- SSS Arrests Premium Times Editor [Premium Times] Nigeria's secret police, the State Security Service, SSS, on Tuesday arrested a PREMIUM TIMES editor, Ibanga Isine, while carrying out his duties.
- Bauchi Prison Heavily Congested As Chief Judge Frees 35 Inmates [Independent (Lagos)] The Comptroller of Nigerian Prisons Service in Bauchi State, Alhaji ?Sidi Muhammade, has said that the state prison is heavily congested as it now have 1,041 inmates.
- Eagles' Camp Bubbles in Belgium [Independent (Lagos)] Super Eagles on Monday commenced training for the two international friendlies in Belgium, with 15 players at the R. Battice FC training ground.
- Flood Claims Three in Delta [Independent (Lagos)] Asaba -The ravaging flood in parts of Delta State Tuesday drowned an 11-year-old girl at Okpai in Ndokwa East Local Government Area of the state.
- Oliseh Strips Enyeama of Super Eagles' Captaincy [Premium Times] Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh has made a sensational declaration that fleet-footed forward Ahmed Musa is his preferred choice for the national team captain's armband.
- Golden Eaglets Launch Final Preparations for Chile [CAF] Holders Nigeria has opened a training camp in Buenos Aires, Argentina ahead of the impending FIFA U-17 World Cup scheduled for 17 October to 8 November in Chile.
- Super Eagles Invitee, Alex Iwobi, Signs New Deal With Arsenal [Premium Times] Newly invited player to the Nigeria national team, Alex Iwobi, has been handed a new deal by English Premier League giants, Arsenal.
- Ondo Tribunal Nullifies Reps' Election [Premium Times] The Elections Petitions Tribunal siting in Akure, Ondo State, has nullified the election of Victor Akinjo as member representing Ilaje/Ese-Odo Federal Constituency of Ondo State.
- Sex For Movie Role: Sonia Ogiri Blasts Nollywood Actresses Accusing Directors Of Harassment
- Nigerian Designer Begs Desmond Elliott To Help Promote Him, See His Response
- Femi Branch: Aunt Maria Nollywood Movie Will Be Released Before 2015 Christmas
- Photos: Mimi Orijekwe, Muyiwa Ademola, Chelsea Eze, Tope Tedela In Ondo For BON 2015 Reading
- Photos: Lancelot Imasuen’s 20th Year In Nollywood Anniversary
- Photos: Desmond Elliott, Ini Edo, Hilda Dokubo At AFRIFF 2015 Gala Night
- Nollywood Actress Adesua Etomi: I’ll Not Leave Nigeria Until I Get Oscars Nomination
- Photo: Meet Iyabo Ojo’s Lookalike, Fadekemi Momoh
- Photos: Mercy Aigbe, Iyabo Ojo On Thin Line Nollywood Movie Set
- Rose Odika Picks Wedding Date: Nollywood Actress Eyes Marriage 10 Years After Divorce
- Journey To Wedlock Nollywood Movie: Kelvin Ikeduba, Rachael Oniga, Moyo Lawal Filming In Ajah
- Afriff 2015 Film Selection Party: Ini Edo, Uche Jombo, Rita Dominic, Storm Posh Cafe In VI Lagos
- Nollywood Actress Stephanie Okereke Linus Encourages Nigerian Women To Join Politics
- Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Attacks Buhari Housing Estate In Damaturu Yobe, Kills 16
- Nigerian Man Who Relocated Wife & Kids From South Africa Caught With In Bed With Another Woman
- Fulani Cattlemen & Farmers Clash Could Cause Food Scarcity In Nigeria – Bakare
- Man Arrested For Abandoning Pregnant Girlfriend In Hospital Over Inability To Pay Bill
- Photo: Woman Sells Daughter’s Baby For N150,000 In Abia
- Photos: Lady Who Kidnapped Friend’s Baby In Ajegunle Lagos Confesses
- Baby Boy Kidnapped In Ajegunle Lagos Rescued In Okija Anambra, Mother’s Friend Arrested
- Charles Okah Suicidal: MEND Chief Attempts To Jump To His Death In Court During Hearing
- Photos: Fuel Tanker Falls From Container In Oshodi Lagos, Fire Explosion Kills Fuel Scooper
- Photo: Notorious Lagos Car Snatcher Jailed For Stealing SUV From Greenfield Estate In Okota
- Photo: Prostitute Bites Off Man’s Ear In Okota Lagos Hotel During Fight
- Suspected Rapist & 3 Armed Robbers Rescued From Jungle Justice In Yenagoa Bayelsa
- Photo: Nigerian Man Peter Fabiyi Jailed For Performing Sex Act On London Train
Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Col. Hameed Ali(retd.), has ordered the immediate removal of rice from import restriction list and the re-introduction of import duty payment. Details later…
Nigeria witnessing a rebirth under Buhari – Fasanmi A leader of the pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, Pa Ayo Fasanmi, has said that Nigeria is currently witnessing what he called a second re-birth under President Muhammadu Buhari. Fasanmi made his position known in a letter of appreciation dated October 3, which he sent to the President. He was thanking Buhari for the congratulatory message he Leave-a-Comment-
No-fewer-than-16-players-have-been-sacked-while-21-others-were-retained-by-Niger-Tornadoes-FC,-Minna.-Media-Officer-of-the-club,-George-Daniya,-who-spoke-on-Wednesday,-said-the-move-was-part-of-the-report-the-coaching-crew-submitted-to-the-club’s-management,-which-had-been-adopted.-Among-those-retained-are-the-general… [Read-More…]-Youth’s-president’s-suspension-tears-Ohaneze-apart">October 7, 2015 : Enyioha Opara, Minna
No fewer than 16 players have been sacked while 21 others were retained by Niger Tornadoes FC, Minna. Media Officer of the club, George Daniya, who spoke on Wednesday, said the move was part of the report the coaching crew submitted to the club’s management, which had been adopted. Among those retained are the general… [Read More…]
Youth’s president’s suspension tears Ohaneze apart The purported suspension of the President, Ohaneze Youth Council in Bayelsa State, Chief Chinedu Arthur-Ugwa, by the state chapter of Ohaneze Ndiigbo has torn the Igbo community in the state apart. The President of Ohaneze Ndiigbo, Chief Okwudiri Oko and Secretary, Mr. Nnanna Raymond, in a general meeting of the group in Yenagoa had declared Leave-a-Comment-
Scores-of-people-were-killed-in-explosions on-Tuesday-night at-two-mosques-in-Gubio-town,-in-the-northern-part-of-Borno-State,-a-member-of-youth-vigilance-group-told-our-correspondent-on-the-telephone-on-Wednesday.-He-said-the-explosions-occurred-at-about 7.30pm during-the-late-evening-prayer-by-Muslims.-The-source-said-the-blasts-from-bombs… [Read-More…]-Falana-seeks-probe-of-Swaziland-monarch-over-virgins’-death">October 7, 2015 : Kayode Idowu, Maiduguri
Scores of people were killed in explosions on Tuesday night at two mosques in Gubio town, in the northern part of Borno State, a member of youth vigilance group told our correspondent on the telephone on Wednesday. He said the explosions occurred at about 7.30pm during the late evening prayer by Muslims. The source said the blasts from bombs… [Read More…]
Falana seeks probe of Swaziland monarch over virgins’ death Nigerian human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), has urged the United Nations to take up King Mswati III of Swaziland over the death of no fewer than 60 young women, including virgins in his kingdom. The young women reportedly died in an auto crash en route the venue of the Swaziland annual dance festival, Leave-a-Comment-
The-Commandant–General-of-the- Nigerian-Security-and-Civil-Defence-Corps,-Abdullahi-Mohammed,-has-cautioned-Nigerian-youths-against-being-used-by-disgruntled-elements-to-perpetrate-violence-in-the-country.-The-NSCDC-chief-also-urged-the-youths-to-embrace-peace,-as-according-to-him,-that-was-the-only-way-Nigeria-could-develop-further.-Mohammed-spoke-at-a… [Read-More…]-Lagos-threatens-to-sanction-abandoned-building-owners">October 7, 2015 : Godwin Isenyo, Kaduna
The Commandant–General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Abdullahi Mohammed, has cautioned Nigerian youths against being used by disgruntled elements to perpetrate violence in the country. The NSCDC chief also urged the youths to embrace peace, as according to him, that was the only way Nigeria could develop further. Mohammed spoke at a… [Read More…]
Lagos threatens to sanction abandoned building owners Lagos State Government has advised owners of uncompleted or abandoned buildings in the state to ensure that they complete such buildings or face sanctions if it is discovered that such buildings are occupied by miscreants or used for unlawful acts. Briefing Government House correspondents after the State Security Council meeting, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Leave-a-Comment-
The-Ondo-State-Government-has-increased-the-number-of-teachers-in-primary-schools-in-the-state-with-the-employment-of-900-National-Certificate-in-Education-holders.-According-to-the-state’s-Commissioner-for-Information,-Kayode-Akinmade,-the-900-were- redeployed-from-the-local-government -service-into-the-state-Universal-Basic-Education-Board-to-address-the-need… [Read-More…]-Retired-teachers-in-Enugu-lament-non-payment-of-pensions">October 7, 2015 : PUNCH
The Ondo State Government has increased the number of teachers in primary schools in the state with the employment of 900 National Certificate in Education holders. According to the state’s Commissioner for Information, Kayode Akinmade, the 900 were redeployed from the local government service into the state Universal Basic Education Board to address the need… [Read More…]
Retired teachers in Enugu lament non-payment of pensions Some retired primary school teachers in Enugu State, on Wednesday, cried out over the non-payment of their pensions for about 27 months. The elderly former teachers, who narrated tales of woe during a visit to the Enugu State House of Assembly, also said they were yet to be paid their gratuities since they retired in Leave-a-Comment-
The-Election-Petitions-Tribunal-hearing-matters-arising-from-the-2015-general-election-in-Osun-State-has-reserved-indefinitely-judgment-in-the-petition-filed-by-the-candidate-of-the-Peoples-Democratic-Party-in-Osun-East-Senatorial-District,-Mr.-Francis-Fadahunsi-against-Senator-Babajide-Omoworare-of-the-All-Progressives-Congress.-The-Chairman-of-the-panel,-Justice-A…. [Read-More…]-College-alumni-warn-Aregbesola-against-merger">October 7, 2015 : Femi Makinde, Osogbo
The Election Petitions Tribunal hearing matters arising from the 2015 general election in Osun State has reserved indefinitely judgment in the petition filed by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun East Senatorial District, Mr. Francis Fadahunsi against Senator Babajide Omoworare of the All Progressives Congress. The Chairman of the panel, Justice A…. [Read More…]
College alumni warn Aregbesola against merger The Alumni Association of Osun State College of Education, Ila Orangun, has warned Governor Rauf Aregbesola, against plunging the state into chaos with the alleged plan to merge the college with another state owned College of Education in Ilesa. The National President of Osun State College of Education, Ila Orangun, Alumni Association, Ayobami Fakeye, gave
- MTN launches data bundles that are valid for 12 months According to MTN it has become the first operator in South Africa to launch data bundles that are valid for 12 months. Effective immediately, MTN customers no longer have to worry about losing unused data bundles following the launch of MTN Data4Keeps price plans and bundles. MTN Prepaid customers can move to the MTN Data4Keeps [&hellip...
- South Africa: GSMA Mobile 360 kicks off in Cape Town The GSMA: Mobile 360 Series – Africa conference is well underway at the African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa in Cape Town, South Africa. The event, which is being held from the 7th to the 9th of October 2015, features a plethora of industry leading...
- Financial services organisations take 100 days to identify cyber threats Although financial services organisation are well aware that they are the targets of serious and advanced security threats, they struggle to identify attacks once they are inside their network. This is according to a new Ponemon Institute Survey. Known as...
- Smart grids – unlocking the power of green energy and decentralising energy production South Africa remains heavily reliant on traditional sources of power generation – with green energy sources contributing just a fraction of the country’s total power output. However, with immense solar and wind resources at our disposal, SA is ideal for...
- Small does not equate with simple in mobile app development The case for developing mobile apps is clear cut. However, the route to successfully developing and maintaining an app is less clear because of hidden complexities that are masked by the misconception that apps are small and therefore simple, says Mornay...
- Video Interview: Roger Lin discusses alternative grid energy for Africa At the XON-NEC Summit, which was held at Sun City in South Africa, IT News Africa interviewed Roger Lin: Director for Product Management at NEC Energy Solutions. During the interview, Lin outlined the features and benefits of the company’s latest Grid...
- African growth opportunity is a Tweet away The African business landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Africa has always been a mobile centric hub, and with operators about to launch $30 smartphone handsets, the perfect storm is rapidly approaching. According to the latest Ericsson Mobility Report,...
- It’s time for CIOs to change strategy in the fight against consumer tech Every day we hear about new data breaches or data losses, with high profile cases bringing data security into the mainstream news agenda. There is no denying that the role of today’s CIO is increasingly complex and unpredictable. This is partly thanks to...
- Healthcare Innovation Summit: Discussing the role of the Healthcare IT leader Hosted by IT News Africa, and sponsored by Telkom, the Healthcare Innovation Summit was held at the Protea Fire & Ice Hotel, Johannesburg on the 19th of August 2015. During the course of the Summit, IT News Africa recorded each round table discussion. The...
- Cybatar FillApp to eliminate the need to go to a filling station Cybatar has revealed that it has now released FillApp for Android and iPhone devices. FillApp, which is essentially an online fuel delivery service for Africa, is expecting to change the South African fuel retail industry forever. According to the company,...
- Financial Innovation Summit set for Johannesburg Financial executives will convene at the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel in Sandton, Johannesburg for the upcoming Financial Innovation Summit – which has been sponsored by Telkom and Hitachi Data Systems. The Summit will be held on 28 October 2015, and...
- Almost a third of users do nothing to protect online payments A test conducted by Kaspersky Lab has shown that many users do not know (or know, but do not follow) basic security rules when making online payments or using online banking systems. For example, only half of users check if a website is authentic before...
- Mobile technology to address Africa’s healthcare challenges Mobile technology can address some of the biggest health challenges in Africa, says Vuyani Jarana at Vodacom Business. Healthcare is a massive challenge in Africa. The continent is home to 15% of the world’s population and 24% of global disease burden, and...
- MTN to offer iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus from 16 October 2015 MTN has revealed that it will offer the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, the most advanced iPhones ever, from the beginning on 16 October 2015. MTN revealed that customers can pre-register interest for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus by clicking here. According to...
- DAMA SA Conference sheds light on data governance challenges Earlier this year the DAMA SA Conference unpacked a number of data governance related issues including real experiences of South African corporates. What was starkly apparent is that business input is critical to achieving data governance, data quality and...
- Nedbank chooses Bytes to accelerate ISO 20022 adoption Partnering with Volante and Bytes as part of the bank’s payment infrastructure modernisation program to support new services and newly mandated instruments including Authenticated Collections in South Africa Bytes Universal Systems together with its global...
Diezani: Her travails, her cross
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari, in the last couple of days, arguably, may not emerge victorious in a popularity contest. ...As only Igbo in Lagos Assembly,I’munder pressure –Idimogu, lawmake
JUDE Idimogu, is a lawmaker representing Oshodi/Isolo constituency 2 in the Lagos State House of Assembly. Though he hails from Imo State, he successfully won a seat in the House on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), defeating the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) ...Tribunal dismisses petition against Mark’s election
The National and State Elections Petition Tribunal presided over by Justice Mosunmola Dipeolu yesterday upheld the election of former Senate president, Senator David Mark. ...Presidency lobbies PDP senators over screening
In a bid to ensure smooth sail for its nominees, the Presidency has started reaching out to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Senate. ...Abia North: Tribunal fixes October 12 for judgment on Kalu against Ohuabunwa
THE National Assembly Petition Tribunal sitting in Umuahia has fixed October 12, as judgment day on the petition filed by former governor of Abia State and Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) candidate in the March 28 Senate election, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, against the declaration of Mao Ohuabunwa by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as winner of the election. ...Tribunal dismisses petition against David Mark’s election
From ROSE EJEMBI, Makurdi. The National and State Elections Petition Tribunal presided over by Justice… ...Ministers list out: Fashola, Fayemi, Amaechi, 19 others make the cut
Senate President, Bukola Saraki, on Tuesday announced the 21 ministerial nominees contained in the list… ...Lagos LG poll: PDP, APC in war of words
Lagos chapters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and All Progressives Congress (APC) are at loggerheads over elections into the 20 local government areas and 37 local council development authorities in the state. ...I’ve no interest in Amaechi’s appointment – Wike
Ahead of today’s release of the much-awaited ministerial list, and the alleged plot by Governor Nyesom Wike and Rivers PDP to stop Chibuike Amaechi from making the cabinet list, Wike, yesterday insisted that he had no interest in Amaechi’s appointment. ...T.A. orji, Abia’s worst leader – Ohajuruka, Ex-speaker
Former Speaker of Abia State House of Assembly, Chief Stanley Ohajuruka recently gave a damning verdict on the tenure of the immediate past governor of the State, Senator Theodore Orji. ...Rapists, paedophiles invade Enugu
The stories were all the same. Their common denominator was chilling. For instance, there was the story of a 78-year-old landlord who defiled his tenant’s daughter. ...How Jonathan blew N3.5trn pension funds –Oshiomhole
Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole yesterday disclosed in Abuja how former president Goodluck Jonathan spent N3.5 trillion funds of Pension Commission (Pencom) and Ministry of Finance on recurrent expenditure. ...Boko Haram: We’ve confidence in Armed Forces –Okorocha
Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, has praised the effort of the Nigerian Armed Forces in the fight against the the Boko Haram insurgents, saying Nigerians have absolute confidence in the armed forces and other security agencies in quelling the crisis. ...AIG spits fire against MASSOB, IPB
Assistant Inspector General (AIG) of Police Usman Gwary, in charge of Zone 9, has declared categorically that the police are ready to battle the Movement for Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and the Independent People of Biafra (IPB). ...Flood ravages Edo, Delta
Flood ravaging parts of Delta State yesterday claimed its first casualty, as 11-year-old girl drowned at Okpai in Ndokwa East Local Government Area of the state. ...How I saved N12bn in 4 months – Ambode
Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, yesterday revealed that his administration has saved N3 billion every month through the economic re-engineering measures he took since coming into power four months ago. ...Stolen funds recovery: Buhari lauds Britain, Switzerland, others
President Muhammadu Buhari has applauded the support from Britain and Switzerland for the recovery and repatriation of public funds stolen from Nigeria. ...Senate screens Onu, Fashola, Amaechi, others Oct 13
AFTER weeks of drama and suspense, Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, yesterday, unveiled 21 names of min- isterial nominees submitted last Thursday by President Muhammadu Buhari. ...BUHARI’S EMERGING CABINET: Mixed reactions trail ministerial nomination
I am disappointed – Balarabe Musa, Former Kaduna Governor
Why did it take the President four months to come up with these names? I believe this is the question that many informed Nigerians should ask. ...Buhari cabinet: The intrigues that influenced nomination
Finally, the lid has been taken off. The identities of some Nigerians who would head federal ministries, as ministers, have been unmasked by President Muhammadu Buhari. For now, there are 21 people nominated for the approval of the Senate to make up the Buhari cabinet. Other nominees are expected in the coming days. ...Enugu accesses N280bn MSMEs fund from CBN
Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, has commended Fidelity Bank Plc for staging the regional Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) conference for entrepreneurs in South East geopolitical zone of Nigeria in Enugu State. ...Afrinvest, AUN, API partner to raise N1bn for IDPs in N’East
Stock broking conglomerate, Afrinvest West Africa, is partnering with the American University of Nigeria (AUN) and the Adamawa Peace Initiative (API) to raise about N1 billion for the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in some of the northern states severely affected by activities of Boko Haram. ...Eko Hotel, Intercontinental, others emerge first class hotels in Lagos
Winners for the Top 100 Hotels in Lagos, organised by Travellers Magazine, West Africa’s foremost travel journal, have emerged after a two-month long survey of travellers and travel trade practitioners in Nigeria. ...No hiding place for smugglers –Customs FOU Zone C
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Federal Operations Unit, Zone C, Owerri, has said that there is no hiding place for smugglers, warning that they should steer clear of the South South and South East parts of the country or risk being jailed and their goods confiscated, ...Slot targets more youths
Slot systems Ltd, owners of online and offline retail stores) has unveiled Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo, also known as D’banj as its new brand ambassador. ...4G’ll give Nigerians better call experience –Smile boss
Managing Director, Smile Nigeria, Mr. Michiel Buitelaar has said that its current partnership with Samsung Electronics West Africa would drive Long Term Evolution (LTE), also known as 4G communication in Nigeria. ...Stanbic IBTC deploys digital assets for national devt
Stanbic IBTC said it is set to explore ways to harness global digital economy for Nigeria’s economic development.
The bank says it intends to achieve this with the second edition of its Business Leadership Series, an annual forum ...Banks gain N740bn liquidity from CRR harmonization
The Bankers’ Committee, an umbrella body of managing directors of deposit money banks (DMBs) in the country and directors of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has disclosed the industry gained N740 billion from Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) harmonisation. ...Pension managers warned against mismanaging N5trn fund
The World Pension Summit yesterday warned pension managers against the mismanagement of the pension fund, which has grown to N5 trillion. ...Bol floats N2bn entrepreneurship fund for corp members
To address the challenge of the over 50 per cent youth unemployment in the country, the Bank of Industry (Bol) yesterday said it has floated a N2 billion Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund (GEF). ...Men don’t ‘toast’ me –Adesua Etomi, actress
BY BOLATITO ADEBAYO With her academic excellence, Adesua Etomi can be taken for a nerd.… ...I love jewellery, crazy shoes –(Daddy Fresh)
BY AYO ALONGE [email protected]
He is the very person we know as Daddy Fresh and… ...My company has the largest number of elevator engineers in Nigeria –Gbenga Daniel
BY RAZAQ BAMIDELE Kresta Laurel, a leading engineering company that specializes in the elevator business… ...‘How I emerged Mrs. Tourism United Nations’
By OLABISI OLALEYE For Mrs. Ebelechukwu Chinelo Enemchukwu, who recently took part in a keenly… ...Jeffrey wins MTN Project Fame
Jeffrey Ufedo Akor has emerged winner of the MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 8, smiling home with star prize of N5million, a brand new, fully loaded SUV and a recording contract worth millions of Naira. ...Jeffrey wins MTN Project Fame
By ZIKA BOBBY Jeffrey Ufedo Akor has emerged winner of the MTN Project Fame West… ...I dream of a country where farmers are respected–Ndidi Nwuneli
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU Ndidi Nwuneli is a woman of many parts. She is the founder… ...I wish I could’ve a daughter –Omoni Oboli, actress
By BOLATITO ADEBAYO Star actress, Omoni Oboli, has seen it all. But then, the beautiful… ...Uhuru, Kenyatta, my favourite world leader –Vivian Nnamani, Miss UN-Nigeria 2015
BY CHIAMAKA AJEAMO Vivian Adaeze Nnamani is a model and winner of the Miss United… ...Cynthia Morgan, lover clash over Burna Boy kiss
Fast rising singer, Cynthia Morgan is on collision course with her lover, singer, Lezleesingz. Weeks… ...