Start-anti-corruption-war-in-Osun,-SDP-tells-Buhari">June 2, 2015 : Fidelis Soriwei
- Civil Society to Monitor President With 'Buharimeter' [OSIWA] On Friday May 29th, 2015, a new Government was inaugurated in Nigeria. The activities leading up to the General elections climaxed on the 28th of March when citizens went out to cast their votes. It became a two-day affair - a drawn out event that tested the tenacity of its citizens; people who remained resolute in ensuring their votes counted.
- Scores Burn to Death in Petrol Tanker Crash [Vanguard] No fewer than 69 persons were burnt to death last night as a petrol-laden tanker, descending from Army Barracks side of Onitsha-Enugu Expressway, lost control, rammed into the Asaba Motor Park at Upper Iweka, Onitsha, and exploded.
- 10 Ways Jonathan Failed Nigerians [Premium Times] The administration of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan administration can at best be described as underperforming, a review of its performance in various sectors show. This can be described as unfortunate for a government which came to power on the back of popular support and one that enjoyed a lot of public goodwill in its early years.
- Mugabe Ambushed and Humiliated in Nigeria [New Zimbabwe] PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe may perhaps have to find another phrase to describe Nigeria after he was humiliated by a group of journalists who took him to task over his prolonged stay in power and lack of democracy in Zimbabwe.
- Food Stocks Dwindle As Boko Haram Violence Disrupts Farming [Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -Food shortages threaten some 200,000 people in northern Cameroon after cross-border raids by Islamist sect Boko Haram forced people to flee their homes and fields, the World Food Programme (WFP) said on Friday.
- Kaduna Governor, Deputy Cut Own Salaries [Leadership] Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, shortly after he was sworn in at the Murtala Muhammad square announced the decision of both he and his deputy, Bala Barnabas Bantex, that they would sacrifice 50% of their salaries for the development of the state.
- AU Leadership Witnesses Historic Inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari - Invites Former President Goodluck Jonathan to Be of Service to AU [African Union] Abuja -The Chairperson of the African Union (AU), H.E. Robert Mugabe, President of Zimbabwe and Chairperson of the AU Commission, Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma joined other African leaders, dignitaries, Nigerian citizens and well-wishers, to witness the historic inauguration of H.E. Muhammadu Buhari as President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Buhari's Presidential Inaugural Speech [Daily Trust] Mni -With less than 2000 presidential words (precisely 1,932!) after his historic oath taking on Friday 29th May, 2015 as the 4th President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in this democratic dispensation, President Muhammadu Buhari's goes down as the most brief but all inclusive inaugural address.
- Abuja Land Availability Challenges and Mismanagement - Causes and Solutions [Daily Trust] Abuja the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria has tremendous importance in the country's life and development.
- Give Priority to Housing - Abuja Housing Show Urges Buhari [Daily Trust] Abuja Housing Show, promoter of housing programmes in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) on Friday urged President Muhammadu Buhari to prioritize provision of housing.
- From Depression to Addiction [This Day] After our first meeting in Abuja late last year, I got interested in his story. So I wanted to know more - how it happened and what he has eventually become. I had a personal interaction with him and got his phone number before I left for Lagos.
- Teaching Peace to Protect Young Nigerians From Hate [Al Jazeera] Maiduguri -Children remain anxiously awake with artillery fire cracking through the air as Nigerian troops battle Boko Haram fighters in this city once known as the "home of peace".
- Expert Puts Cost of Buhari's Economic Blueprint At U.S.$300 Billion [This Day] It has been estimated that it would cost the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration a total of about N60 trillion ($300 billion) to implement its economic blueprint.
- Stopping Farmer-Herder Conflicts in Benue [Daily Trust] Just before he was sworn in as governor of Benue State, Mr Samuel Ortom led a delegation last month to see then President-elect Muhahammadu Buhari, to acquaint him with the festering crisis that often erupts between the communities of farmers on the one hand and cattle herders on the other.
- Leaders Urged to Accept Two-Term Tenure [Daily Trust] The umbrella body of civil society organizations in the region, West African Civil Society Forum (WACSOF) has called on leaders of West African countries to come to terms with the two terms tenure limit proposed by ECOWAS.
- As Nigeria's Adesina Takes Continent's Top Bank Driver Seat [Daily Trust] Lagos -The election of Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina, erstwhile minister of agriculture and rural development, as eighth president of the African Development Bank (AfDB), didn't come to the winner on a platter of gold or platform of good luck.
- Man Resurrects in Morgue [Daily Trust] Kaduna -A middle-aged man beaten to death for allegedly kidnapping children in Zonkwa, Kaduna state has resurrected in a morgue. A police source said police made an attempt to rescue the man from a mob in a marketplace but they were overpowered. The officer said the claim that the man had abducted children hasn't been established and no missing child was reported in the area.
- Widow - How Boko Haram Leader, Shekau Killed My Husband, Occupied Our House [Daily Trust] On the evening of August 5, 2014, the Boko Haram militant sect, under the leadership of Abubakar Shekau, invaded Gwoza in Borno State and took over the town. In the process, Shekau declared himself the "Amir of Gwoza."
- Boko Haram Kills 31, Injures 42 in Maiduguri [Guardian] Maiduguri -BOKO HARAM fighters in the early hours of yesterday attacked Malari village in Maiduguri, Borno State, killing 15 people, and wounding 19 others in the Bulunkutu Saleke, Gomari and Ajilari areas, even as newly inaugurated President Muhammadu Buhari promises the insurgents a tough time in the weeks ahead.
- What Next for Nigeria After the Party's Over? [HRW] Nigeria has made good news this week.
- Oh Muhammadu Buhari! Now, the Challenge of Change [Vanguard] Cultivated chaos! That is what Nigeria is today.
- Buhari Makes First Appointments [Independent (Lagos)] President Muhammadu Buhari has announced the first set of appointments into his administration.
- As Nigeria's Dr. Adesina Wins AfDB Presidency [Concord] Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of Nigeria, Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, was yesterday announced in Abidjan, Ivory Coast as the new President of the African Development Bank (AfDB).
- Jonathan's Cousins' Kidnappers Demand N50 Million Ransom [Independent (Lagos)] Lagos -NigeriaGovernanceTHE gunmen who kidnapped former President Goodluck Jonathan's cousins, Patience Egbeni and Kate Eni, recently in Bayelsa State, are demanding N50 million ransom to free them.
- FGM Campaigners - Nigeria Ban Welcome, but Work Not Over [Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -Activists on Friday welcomed Nigeria's new law banning female genital mutilation (FGM), but warned that legislation alone will not be enough to eradicate the practice.
- Pardoned Torture Victim Moses Akatugba 'Overwhelmed' [AI London] A Nigerian torture victim wrongfully sentenced to death for a crime committed when he was 16 years old has been pardoned following a mass campaign from Amnesty International supporters around the world.
- Insecurity - AFCSC Trains 70 War Commanders [Leadership] Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC), Jaji, in Kaduna said 70 war commanders would have successfully been trained by the college in few weeks' time.
- New AfDB President Akinwumi Adesina Releases Statement [allAfrica] Abuja -Following is a statement issued by former Nigerian Minister of Agriculture Akinwunmi Adesina, who won election on May 28 as the next president of the African Development Bank
- Another Bomb Blast Rocks Maiduguri Market [Premium Times] Barely 24 hours after a suicide bomber killed 26 people in a mosque near Maiduguri's main market, a bomb has exploded in another market within the city, witnesses and a security source said.
- Boko Haram - Borno Residents Hail Buhari for Relocating Military High Command [Premium Times] The Senator representing Borno South at the National Assembly, Mohammed Ndume, on Sunday commended President Muhammadu Buhari for directing the military high command to relocate to Maiduguri and concentrate on the fight against insurgents.
- Photos: Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal’s Charity Visit To Mentally Challenged Kids In Akoka Lagos
- Photos: Rita Dominic Treats Fan To Dinner In London
- Fathia Balogun Regrets Divorce, Says Saidi Is Still Her Husband, Denies Romance With Corporate Pictures Boss
- Photo: Genevieve Nnaji Spotted In Manhattan New York
- Chacha Eke & Husband Austin Faani Mark 2nd Wedding Anniversary
- Daniel Ademinokan Afraid Of Losing Stella Damasus, Says He’ll Never Find Anyone Like Her
- Newly Engaged Tonto Dikeh Narrates How British Embassy In Nigeria Denied Her UK Visa Application
- Photo: Nigerian Actor Segun Ogungbe’s Wife Wunmi Adeboye Gives Birth To Baby Boy
- Nollywood Actor Chigozie Atuanya Fights Movie Director Reginald Ebere For Banning Igbo Language On Set
- Francis Duru, Ime Bishop Umoh, Kingsley Ogbonna Filming 3 Wise Fools Nollywood Movie
- More Photos From The Set Of Bloodlines Nollywood Movie St. Mercy Johnson, Chigozie Atuanya
- Photos: Nigerian Actress Susan Peters’s 35th Birthday Party
- Angela Okorie On Death Rumour: I’m Not Dead, I’m Alive
- Photo: Father, Herbalist Arrested At Moniya Ibadan For Raping Daughters
- Fake Dollar, Foreign Currencies Production Factory Found In Ibadan Village
- Photo: Trailers In Fatal Crash At Remo Junction On Lagos Ibadan Rd, Collision Killed One
- 4 Armed Robbers Attacked Private Hospital In Egan Lagos, Gang Raped Virgin Nurse & Robbed Patients
- Corrective Rape Rituals In India Causing Int’l Outrage As Gay Men Are Forced To Sleep With Mothers
- Asaba Car Park Onitsha Tanker Accident Death Tolls Rises As Rescuers Evacuate Corpses Of Victims
- Man Killed Wife, Commits Suicide In Owode Yewa Ogun State
- Photo: Ondo RCCG Pastor Akinseye & Wife, 8 Redeem Members Killed In Car Accident On Lagos Ibadan Road
- 10 Lagos State School Of Nursing Students Fainted After Inhaling Foul Odour From Dumpsite In Igando
- Photo: 6 CBN Officials Arrested For Stealing N8 Billion, Recirculating Damaged Naira Notes
- Enugu University ESUT Graduate Narrates Miraculous Escape From Ritualists In Lagos
- Ngozi Adichie Narrates How Father Was Kidnapped, Relocates Parents To America, Calls Nigeria A Tainted Blur
- Photos: Fatal Accident At Asaba Park In Upper Iweka Onitsha, 80 Burnt Alive As Tanker Suffers Brake Failure
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Monday questioned a former governor of Adamawa State, Admiral Murtala Nyako (retd.), for over six hours in Abuja. Nyako, who returned to the country from his sojourn overseas on Saturday, was said to have reported at the headquarters of the EFCC as early as 10 am on Monday…. [Read More…]
Start anti-corruption war in Osun, SDP tells Buhari The Osun State chapter of the Social Democratic Party has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to start his anti-corruption war in Osun by ordering a thorough investigation into the financial activities of the Governor Rauf Aregbesolas administration. The SDP said this in a statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo, the state capital, on 4-Comments-
A-leading-contender-for-the-Senate-Presidency,-Bukola-Saraki,-on-Monday-unveiled-his-agenda-for-the-8th-Senate.-In-an-interview-with-reporters-in-Abuja,-Saraki-said-if-his-colleagues-gave-him-the-opportunity-to-serve-them-as-President,-he-would-ensure-openness,-transparency-and-accountability-in-running-the-affairs-of-the-Senate.-He-also… [Read-More…]-FG-withdraws-N2.45bn-fraud-suit-against-Sylva,-EFCC-kicks">June 2, 2015 : John Alechenu
A leading contender for the Senate Presidency, Bukola Saraki, on Monday unveiled his agenda for the 8th Senate. In an interview with reporters in Abuja, Saraki said if his colleagues gave him the opportunity to serve them as President, he would ensure openness, transparency and accountability in running the affairs of the Senate. He also… [Read More…]
FG withdraws N2.45bn fraud suit against Sylva, EFCC kicks The Director of Public Prosecutions of the Federal Ministry of Justice, Mr. M.S. Diri, on Monday withdrew the N2.45bn fraud charges instituted against a former governor of Bayelsa State, Mr. Timipre Sylva. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had on May 18, 2015 re-arraigned Sylva on six counts of fraud before Justice Evoh Chukwu of 10-Comments-
There-was-mild-drama-at-the-Government-House-in-Calabar-on-Monday-as-the-new-governor-of-Cross-River-State,-Prof.-Ben-Ayade,-on-his-first-official-day-in-office-locked-out-civil-servants-that-had-yet-to-resume-for-work-at-8.10am.-The-governor,-who-resumed-work-at-about-7.45am-met-an-almost-empty… [Read-More…]-Police-drag-62-MASSOB-members-to-court">June 2, 2015 : Mudiaga Affe
There was mild drama at the Government House in Calabar on Monday as the new governor of Cross River State, Prof. Ben Ayade, on his first official day in office locked out civil servants that had yet to resume for work at 8.10am. The governor, who resumed work at about 7.45am met an almost empty… [Read More…]
Police drag 62 MASSOB members to court The Imo State Police Commissioner, Austin Evbakhavbokun, said that 62 out of the 68 suspected members of the Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra arrested on Saturday were on Monday charged to court for conspiracy, belonging to an unlawful organisation and engaging in conduct that would have caused breach of peace in 4-Comments-
President-Muhammadu-Buhari-and-Vice-President-Yemi-Osinbajo-on-Monday-failed-to-resume-work-at-the-Presidential-Villa,-Abuja.-That-would-have-been-their-first-day-in-their-respective-offices-having-taken-their-oaths-of-office-on-Friday,-a-day-declared-as-public-holiday-by-the-Federal-Government.-As-early-as-7am,-workers-of-the… [Read-More…]-CBN-fires-officials-involved-in-N8bn-currency-scam">June 2, 2015 : John Alechenu and Olalekan Adetayo
President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Monday failed to resume work at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. That would have been their first day in their respective offices having taken their oaths of office on Friday, a day declared as public holiday by the Federal Government. As early as 7am, workers of the… [Read More…]
CBN fires officials involved in N8bn currency scam The Central Bank of Nigeria on Monday said that it had invoked disciplinary measures against its officials that were involved in the N8bn currency fraud in its Ibadan branch. The CBN, in a statement by its Director, Corporate Communications Department, Ibrahim Muazu, stated that some of the affected members of staff, mainly middle-level officers, had 4-Comments-
A-Niger-Delta-activist,-Mr.-Famous-Daunemigha,-has-cautioned-the-leader-of-the-Niger-Delta-Volunteers-Force,-Mujahid-Dokubo-Asari,-over-his-recent-comments-in-which-the-ex-militant-allegedly-incited-the-Niger-Delta-youths-against-the-President-Muhammadu-Buhari-administration.-Dokubo-Asari-was-alleged-to-have-called-for-the-resumption-of-militant-activities-against-the-backdrop-of… [Read-More…]-Nigeria-needs-N68bn-investment-on-vaccines,-WHO-says">June 2, 2015 : Simon Utebor
A Niger Delta activist, Mr. Famous Daunemigha, has cautioned the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteers Force, Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, over his recent comments in which the ex-militant allegedly incited the Niger Delta youths against the President Muhammadu Buhari administration. Dokubo-Asari was alleged to have called for the resumption of militant activities against the backdrop of… [Read More…]
Nigeria needs N68bn investment on vaccines, WHO says THE World Health Organisation said Nigeria needed to invest over N68bn on vaccines in order to reduce infant mortality in the country. The Executive Director, Niger State Primary Health Care Development Agency, Salisu Yusuf, who spoke to our correspondent on Monday during a one-day interactive on Africa Vaccine Week, organised by the Community Health and 7-Comments-
A-chieftain-of-the-All-Progressives-Congress-in-Lagos-State,-Chief-Ayo-Akande,-has-told-Nigerians-to-be-patient-with-President-Muhammadu-Buhari-and-not-to-expect-miracles-from-the-new-government.-Akande,-according-to-a-statement-on-Monday,-gave-the-advice-at-the-inauguration-of-Sheikh-Sulaeman-Husain-as-the-new-Chief-Imam-of… [Read-More…]-Robbers-kill-Catholic-priest,-brother-in-Ondo">June 2, 2015 : Toluwani Eniola
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State, Chief Ayo Akande, has told Nigerians to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari and not to expect miracles from the new government. Akande, according to a statement on Monday, gave the advice at the inauguration of Sheikh Sulaeman Husain as the new Chief Imam of… [Read More…]
Robbers kill Catholic priest, brother in Ondo A gang of armed robbers killed a Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Onyeka and his younger brother, Obi Onyeka, while travelling on Owo-Oba-Akoko road, Akoko South-West Local Government Area of Ondo State on Sunday. The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Wole Ogodo, who confirmed this to our correspondent on Monday, said the robbers were operating
- Windows 10 to release in July 2015 Microsoft has revealed the release date for its latest Operating System, Windows 10. According to Microsoft, Windows 10 will be available beginning 29 July 2015 in 190 markets globally as a free upgrade to individuals running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Microsoft revealed that Windows 10 has been built with the help of more than [&hellip...
- MTN employees take ICT learning to African communities The MTN Group has announced the start of its annual staff volunteer programme, 21 Days of Y’ello Care, which the company says will benefit thousands of learners and teachers from disadvantaged schools and communities across its footprint. Y’ello Care runs...
- Uganda: Govt. plans to set up ICT Hub The Ugandan ICT ministry has announced that it is establishing an innovation fund to assist young people to enter the ICT the sector. Speaking at the Uganda Communications Commission’s (UCC) ACIA awards, ICT Minister John Nasasira said the ministry...
- Tunisia: New app helps citizens report environmental abuse A new mobile application is being launched by the Tunisia government, which will allow citizens to report environmental abuses and violations. The mobile app comes as the government has launched a series of environmental initiatives aimed at educating and...
- Airtel Nigeria & 2go launch social media data bundle Airtel Nigeria and 2go, a mobile focused social network, have partnered to launch a new social bundle for data on Airtel’s service. According to 2go: “For only NGN 100 per week or NGN 200 monthly, Airtel subscribers can obtain unlimited access to 2go.”...
- Algerians get mobile service in the metro Algerians can now ride the metro without fear of losing signal or being booted from their network due to outages. The move by Algerie Telecom subsidiary Mobilis will help deliver new infrastructure in metro cars that will enable users to have access to...
- Tanzania to offer bill for telecom infrastructure sharing In an effort to streamline the country’s telecommunications infrastructure, Tanzania announced it is planning to introduce a new law aimed at compelling telecom operators in the country to share infrastructure in an effort to reduce costs, increase quality...
- Performanta announces record number of Websense TRITON Gladiators Performanta, a specialist information security firm, has announced that another of its employees has successfully been certified as a Websense TRITON Gladiator. He will join with four colleagues throughout the EMEA region, bringing Performanta’s total...
- Kenya: Govt. receives Iridium satellite phones for emergencies The Kenyan government has received 10 Iridium satellite phones from the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). The devices have been issued to the Government for use in case of any emergencies or threats within the country. The government will have the...
- Kenya: Safaricom’s Karibu is now post-pay Kenyan mobile operator Safaricom has revealed that it has moved forward with changes to its Karibu post-pay scale, with a number of credits on offer. The move aims to bolster the existing plans for customers as well as entice new users to join the operator....
- Top 10 most valuable global brands revealed According to a survey conducted by millwardbrown.com Apple has now been listed as the world’s most powerful brand. According to the report, the device manufacturer reclaimed its title from search engine giant, Google. According to the guardian.com,...
- Kenya’s Stima introduces M-Pawa Kenya Power’s savings and credit cooperative Stima Sacco announced the introduction of M-Pawa. The app has been introduced in an effort to provide members with access to financial services through their mobile phones. The move comes as an increasing number...
- Glo Nigeria claims 30 million users Globacom Nigeria has issued a statement that reveals that it now has over 30 million subscribers across Nigeria on its network. According to the company, it expects the number of users to continue to grow. The company cited an increase in infrastructure,...
- A “mobile-first” ethos: the catalyst for business transformation Organisations in every sector and every country are currently grappling with the concepts of ‘digitalisation’ and ‘digital transformation’. While these terms have slightly different connotations for different people, the catalyst for transforming the...
- Airtel Nigeria partners with NIPR for conference, education focus With education being the key focus, Airtel Nigeria and the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) have partnered in order to host the second NIPR Lagos stakeholders’ conference. The goal is to put the focus back on telecommunications education in...
- GTBank, Etisalat Offer New Retail Banking Service Guaranty Trust Bank plc, a leading financial institution in Africa and Etisalat, a Nigerian telecommunications company have partnered to introduce GTEasySavers, a savings account that is easy to open and easy to save; designed to enable under-banked and...
- Buhari yet to occupy Aso Rock Villa …says ministerial list to wait President Muhammadu Buhari is yet to move into Aso Rock Presidential Villa, four days after being sworn-in as Nigeria’s 5th… ...
- Tension in Ekiti over rumoured impeachment plot There was tension in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State capital, yesterday, as the rumour of a planned invasion of the state House of Assembly by the… ...
- EFCC grills Nyako, ex-Adamawa State gov Economic and Financial Crimes Commission , EFCC, yesterday quizzed former governor of Adamawa State, Mr. Murtala Nyako, over alleged criminal conspiracy, stealing, abuse of office… ...
- Buhari set to crush Boko Haram …visits Chad, Niger; meets Service Chiefs . Military high command unhappy with relocation directive President Muhammadu Buhari will tomorrow visit Chad and Niger, his first… ...
- CJN seeks end to bad eggs in legal profession • Babalola wants SAN title for all qualified lawyers Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, has canvassed collaboration among judges, lawyers and law… ...
- Buhari condoles with Biden, Obiano President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his condolences to Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, and people of the state over last weekend’s gruesome incident where over… ...
- Umahi reads riot act to kidnappers, cultists …summons council caretaker chairmen, coordinators Governor of Ebonyi State, Mr. Dave Umahi, yesterday placed a ban on cultism and kidnapping, among other security threats in… ...
- Pro-Biafra group holds protest in Aba … Police arrest 68 MOSSOB members over conspiracy Members of a pro- Biafran group, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) from the South East and South… ...
- Group urges Buhari to revoke N9.2bn stove import contract National coordinator and founder of Green Shield of the Nation, Dr. Kabir Abdulkadir Yan-Mama, yesterday called on President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the N9.2 billion… ...
- Buhari condoles with Biden, Obiano President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his condolences to Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, and people of the state over last weekend’s gruesome incident where over… ...
Senate presidency: The intrigues, politics
…As Saraki gets backing of PDP senators As elected senators get set to elect a… ...Why I want to be first female Deputy Speaker, by Khadija Bukar Ibrahim
BY GBENGA DAN ASABE Honourable Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim, a member of the House of… ...I’ll remain loyal to Jonathan –Wike
…Promises a better Rivers From TONY JOHN, Port Harcourt Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has… ...Why I want to be Senate President – Lawan
On Wednesday, May 27, the Senate Unity Forum (SUF), had an interactive session with the… ...Senate presidency: Northern minorities root for Lawan/Akume
A group of politicians and elite of northern ethnic minority extractions at the weekend called… ...EFCC should go after outgoing governors –Archbishop Chukwuma
■ Says at 72, Buhari is weak and cannot perform any magic FROM: GEOFFREY ANYANWU,… ...Jonathan’s mistake is appeasement of the North –Chukwuemeka Ezeife
By OMONIYI SALAUDEEN There are different shades of opinion on the voting pattern recorded in… ...Senate presidency: 70 senators queue behind Saraki, insist on zoning
■ 75 new senators take charge ■ Saraki revives father’s ANPP structure ■ North central… ...I’m divinely chosen to assist Buhari –Osinbajo
FROM JULIANA TAIWO-OBALONYE, ABUJA The Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has said he was divinely… ...NASS: PDP’ll provide credible opposition –Ekweremadu
…Announces Retreat for PDP NASS members-elect FROM: ISMAIL OMIPIDAN, KADUNA Ahead of tomorrow’s retreat for… ...BREAKING NEWS! Shake up in the Sun, New Telegraph
Osagie succeeds Adesina as Sun MD The Board of Directors of The Sun Publishing Limited… ...Salary arrears: Abia Accountant-General lied –NLC
FROM CHUKS ONUOHA, UMUAHIA The Abia State council of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) at the… ...Group backs Dogara’s speakership bid
From PAUL ORUDE, Bauchi A group, the Advocates for Justice and Good Governance (AJGG), has… ...Port Harcourt refinery repairs end soon – Enjugu, MD
By ADEWALE SANYAOLU Nigeria’s biggest refinery, Port Harcourt Refining Company (PHRC) Limited has said its… ...Man stabs wife to death, kills self in Ogun village
We can’t explain what came over him, says family BY JOB OSAZUWA Tragedy struck recently… ...Ndume, others commend Buhari over relocation of military high command to Borno
Senator representing Borno South at the National Assembly, Alhaji Mohammed Ndume, yesterday commended President Muhammadu… ...Benue govt to restore water to Otukpo, Katsina-ala
From ROSE EJEMBI, Makurdi. The All Progressives Congress, (APC) led government in Benue State… ...Okowa appoints ex-deputy speaker as SSG, suspends recruitment exercise
From PAUL OSUYI, Asaba Delta State Governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa yesterday in Asaba announced the… ...Speaker: Tinubu,Tambuwal in fierce battle
BY CHIDI OBINECHE The race for the seat of speaker of the House of Representatives… ...Police rescue suspected kidnapper in Ondo
FROM BAMIGBOLA GBOLAGUNTE, AKURE Men of the Ondo State Police Command have rescued a 25-year-old… ...Nigeria’s Q1 import from China totalled N387.5bn, says NBS
FROM ISAAC ANUMIHE, ABUJA The total value of Nigeria’s merchandise trade at the end of… ...Identity mgt’ll stem rising banking sector fraud –Shonubi, NIBSS CEO
BY AMECHI OGBONNA Mr. Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi, the Managing Director of Nigeria Inter Bank Settlement… ...Buhari may probe FG $20bn power sector investment
BY LOUIS IBA and ADEWALE SANYAOLU Nigeria’s new President, Muhammadu Buhari, may soon order an… ...CBN releases audited financials
…Remits 80% of N245bn net income to FG BY isaac anumihe abuja and BLAISE UDUNZE… ...Fashion business very lucrative –Temitope Olajide, CEO, Ibile Vogue
BY AYO ALONGE AYHALLIDAY@YAHOO.COM Every time you meet Temitope Olajide, the CEO of Ibile Vogue who… ...American Express president Ed Gilligan dies
American Express president Ed Gilligan has died suddenly, the company said in a public letter… ...I started by selling stuff from my car booth – Ray-Okoye, CEO, Raynes Fabrics
Lady Christy Ray-Okoye is the Chief Executive Officer of Raynes Fabrics. She is a teacher… ...Central Bank posts N245 billion in 2 years
Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday posted a net income of N209.6 billion for 2013… ...Jonathan inaugurates PTDF office, tasks staff on quality service
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday inaugurated the Petroleum Technology Development Fund ( PTDF) office, charging its officials to provide quality service to the people. ...No apologies over N159bn subsidy claim, says Okonjo-Iweala
Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, yesterday said she has no apologies for not paying N159 billion subsidy claim for foreign exchange differentials out of the total bill of N200 billion presented by the marketers. ...ONE Campaign: Omotola, Waje, Yemi Alade unveil Strong Girl
Top Nigerian artists, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Waje and Yemi Alade have teamed up with ONE Campaign,… ...You can’t find success in music thru’ demonic power – Emmanuel Akapo
By MOSUNMOLA OMOKUNGA Emmanuel Akapo is the Chief Executive Officer of Tenstrings Music Institute (TMI).… ...‘Death rumour boosted my career’
By CHUKS EZE Actress, Angela Okorie is one of the Nollywood thespians that have found… ...Davido, Timaya storm Skales’ album launch
By Bolatito Adebayo Artiste, Skales, is poised to take his career to the next level… ...Love Idoko’s Activating Success hits TV
Publisher and talk show host, Love Idoko, has added another feather to her cap. Her… ...Mercy Johnson influenced my career –Kyrie Ekwenze
Actress and script writer, Kyrie Ekwenze, is known for her remarkable role alongside Mercy Johnson… ...I can’t autograph a female fan’s boobs –Samuel Opalemo
King of gospel music, Samuel Olufemi Opalemo started music in the church choir at age… ...Rihanna my celebrity crush–Tommy Picy
Nnamani Onyedikachi aka Tommy Picy is a fast rising Afro hip hop singer based in… ...Nollywood sets agenda for President Buhari
By Damilolia Fatunmise, Chuks Eze, Christian Agadibe, Chisom NZERUGO & Ihejirika Sandra As President Muhammadu… ...Buhari should build his legacy on youths – Pastor Bassey James, Chancellor, Akpabiosm Centre
BY ENYERIBE EJIOGU (firstname.lastname@example.org) Nigerians are all set for the transfer of power to the… ...
- Seven Energy begins supply of gas to Calabar NIPP - Seven Energy International Limited, the indigenous Nigerian integrated gas company, has commenced the supply of gas to the 560 megawatts (MW) Calabar National Integrated Power Project (NIPP). The commercial delivery of gas to Calabar NIPP commenced in March 2015, and is being executed through Accugas, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Seven Energy. When operating at full
- Aso Savings Union Homes acquisition creates mortgage behemoth - Nigeria’s mortgage industry is set to get a shake-up as the recent acquisition of Union Homes by Aso Savings and Loans Plc (ASO) has created the largest financial services firm in the country, by total assets outside of the banking industry. The recently concluded transaction will see the combined entity becoming the largest mortgage bank
- Nigeria’s indigenous diaper coy sales to hit $1bn in a decade - …as fast growth attracts PE firms Wemy Industries, a Nigerian company manufacturing and distributing hygiene products, within the fast moving consumer goods’ (FMCG) segment, is growing so fast that its revenues could top $1 billion in 10 years. “With the growth Wemy is recording, we can easily do $200 million in sales in six years
- Efficient underwriting capacity spurs Mansard Insurance to growth - … as FY2014 gross premium rises 28% Efficient underwriting capacity has spurred Mansard Insurance plc to growth as gross premium surges 28 percent, analysis of the 2014 audited financial statement shows.For the year ended December 2014, the Nigeria insurer’s gross premium surged by 28 percent to N17.40 billion, from N13.60 billion, the same period of
- Reduced cost spikes AshakaCem profit as insurgency weighs on sales - … FY net income surges 61.70% The ability of the savvy management and board of directors of Ashaka Cement in cutting costs has helped to spike full-year profit by 61.70 percent as the security challenges in the Northern part of the country continue to erode sales. For the year ended December 2014, Ashaka’s profit after
- PZ Cussons acquires Glanbia stake in Nutricima JV - PZ Cussons plc, a leading international consumer products group, has announced that it has bought-out Glanbia’s 50 percent stake in Nutricima, the Nigerian joint venture between Glanbia and PZ Cussons, for £21 million in cash, giving PZ Cussons full ownership and control. Cussons has also entered into a new long-term agreement with Glanbia Ingredients Ireland
- Microsoft assures cloud data protection with ISO/IEC 27018 certification - Microsoft has become the first major cloud provider to adopt the world’s first international standard for cloud privacy, ISO/IEC 27018 in an effort to assure customers and the public of the privacy and security of their data in Microsoft’s cloud.The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) jointly adopted the standard in
- Indorama’s Nigeria success prompts Senegalese acquired ICS to opt for similar operation - After seeing the strict procedure, methodology and systematic approach with which Indorama – Nigeria has had unprecedented success story at its petrochemicals and plastics production in Eleme, Port Harcourt, with a fertiliser plant coming on stream in first quarter of next year (Q1 2016) in Nigeria, the Senegalese management team of Industries Chimiques du Senegal
- Mansard makes list of top growth strategy leaders in Nigeria - Mansard Insurance plc has again been recognised as one of the top quartile (first place in Insurance category) of publicly listed Growth Strategy Leaders in Nigeria for the year 2015. This award – “best of the best” – growth companies listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in Nigeria was presented by MSY Analytics (a teaming
- UBA sustains growth momentum as gross earnings top N290bn in FY2014 - United Bank for Africa (UBA) plc has released 2014 full year audited results showing that consolidation of its African operations and enhanced productivity across the group are sustaining the bank’s growth momentum. The results of the pan- African pank, released on Wednesday at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), show a 10 percent growth in gross