- US rates NAPTIP high in fight against human trafficking
- Court remands ex-head of IAR&T in prison over N204.9m fraud
- Fight against corruption becoming tougher ―Magu
- Flooding: Riverine community members protest govt neglect in Delta
- Aare Ona Kakanfo: Zaki Arigidi congratulates Gani Adams
- 4 bank security guards face N4.5m equipment theft charge
- NDDC backs NSIP to fight poverty in Niger Delta
- NYSC expands SAED with six new mega centres
- New Lagos CJ wants prompt signing of death warrants
- PDP chairmanship: Fayose reiterates call for single candidate from South-West, as Jimi Agbaje visits
- Nigerian Economic Summit : Influencing economic policies through advocacy
- Sukuk is good, but a global Islamic agenda —Dr Austin Nweze
- 57 years of groping for a workable economy
- Sukuk: Borrowing for development without fear of interests
- Tier 3 Certification means our customers will enjoy quality services —Coker
- As FCMB partners FG to stimulate economic growth
- Nigeria’s oil revenue decline, capped oil output: Who is losing?
- Hadiza Bala Usman: Battling port rats, potholes, insecurity to increase revenue
- Nigerian Sovereign Investment and economic rejuvenation
- FAAN and the gains of executive order
- Nollywood: Lagos, UNDP train aspiring film-makers
- JRymes drops Suicidal notes
- Behold AFRIMA ’s hottest West African men
- “ Fine Woman ” is out!
- Runtown, Kiss Daniel, others shutdown Anyigba
- Mo Abudu: ‘I continue to give God all the glory’
- More knocks for PSquare over break-up
- Government’s policy harming broadcast industry —Mursty Adinoyi
- I’m a show stopper —Bashy Kuti
- Nigeria female rappers: Going, going…
- Rotary grants Nigeria $7.71m for polio eradication
- Malaria elimination remains a challenge —Expert
- Why community oral health centre must flourish —Don
- World Bank disburses N12m to private medical practitioners in Ondo
- Monkeypox: Oyo dedicates ward, says no reported case —Health Commissioner
- FG to close down open drug markets, introduces CWCs
- Being courteous at workplace promotes good mental health, productivity —Expert
- All certified, safe hospitals to have stickers of identification —Adeduntan
- No case of monkeypox in Ogun, Commissioner confirms
- Walking promotes longevity —Expert
- Nigerian Footballer Joins Atletico Madrid [Premium Times] Francisca Ordega, Super Falcons player, on Friday joined Atletico Madrid Women on loan from the Washington Spirit.
- Hopes That New Nigeria DNA Lab Will Embolden Rape Victims [Thomson Reuters Foundation] Abuja -The launch of Nigeria's first state-owned DNA lab will speed up rape cases and should encourage more victims to seek justice, prosecutors and rights groups have said.
- How I Will Spend My U.S.$250,000 World Food Prize Money - Adesina [Premium Times] Nigeria's image received a boost on Thursday before the international community as former Agriculture Minister Akinwumi Adesina formally received the 2017 World Food Prize (WFP) Laureate award in the U. S.
- Unions React to Govt's Move to Implement 'No Work, No Pay' During Strikes [Premium Times] Labour officials have faulted the plan by the federal government to implement the 'No work No pay" rule over workers' strikes in Nigeria.
- National Assembly Will Accommodate Restructuring, Devolution of Powers in Constitutional Amendment - Dogara [Premium Times] The National Assembly is taking note of the debate on restructuring and devolution of power with a view to reflecting the consensus on the issues in the Nigerian Constitution.
- Nigeria Has Third Highest Infant Mortality Rate in the World - WHO [Premium Times] Nearly ten per cent of new-born deaths in the world last year occurred in Nigeria, a new report by the United Nations Children Fund, UNICEF, has revealed.
- Sudden Loss of Advocacy & Midwifery Head Felicity Ukoko Mourned by Wellbeing Founder Toyin Saraki [Wellbeing Foundation] Lagos -With a heavy heart and a deep sense of loss, the Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) regrets to announce the sudden loss of our colleague and friend Mrs. Felicity Aliana? Ukoko (nee Mapuvire). Who passed away on Sunday the 15th of October 2017.
- Oando Crisis Worsens As Firm Is Suspended On Johannesburg Stock Exchange [Premium Times] The Johannesburg Stock Exchange, JSE, on Thursday suspended trading in the shares of Nigerian oil company, Oando.
- Senate Partners Russian Oil Giants to Develop Nigeria's Oil and Gas [Vanguard] The Senate said on Thursday that it had began talks with Russian oil companies for partnership to develop Nigeria's oil and gas sector.
- Judge Fixes Date for Trial After Alleged Kidnapper, Evans, Changed Plea [Premium Times] Justice Hakeem Oshodi of the Ikeja Division of the Lagos State High Court on Thursday fixed November 3 for the trial of Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike (popularly known as Evans) and five others.
- 11 Children Die of Whooping Cough in Kano - Official [Premium Times] The Kiru Local Government Council of Kano State says about 11 children have died of whooping cough at Kankwana village.
- Biafra Leader's Whereabouts: Who Takes Responsibility? [Premium Times] When the trial of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB resumed on Tuesday, the judge, Binta Nyako, was furious over the absence of the controversial secessionist.
- Lagos, Kano, Rivers Lead in Prison Population [Premium Times] Lagos State has the highest number of prisoners in Nigeria, 7,396 out of the national total of 68,686.
- Nigeria, Turkey Agree to Strengthen Security Cooperation [Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan have agreed, after talks, on Thursday in Ankara to strengthen cooperation between the security agencies of both countries to counter terrorism.
- Ghana, Others for Lagos Taekwondo Classics [Guardian] Ghana has indicated her willingness to attend the 2017 Lagos International Taekwondo Classics scheduled to hold from November 23 to 25 at the Molade Okoya-Thomas Hall of the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos. It is the fourth in the series.
- National Assembly Proposes 10-Year Jail Term for Examination Fraudsters [Guardian] The National Assembly yesterday proposed a 10-year jail term to replace the law on examination malpractices, which stipulates a four-year jail term with an option of N100, 000 fine.
- OLX Says NINS Can Fuel eCommerce [Guardian] The electronic commerce industry will benefit from the national identity numbers when fully developed, according to Lola Masha, country manager of OLX Nigeria.
- 'How Injustice, Others Fuel Separatist Agitations' [Guardian] Abuja and Maiduguri -Stakeholders at the just-concluded Nigerian Army workshop have identified injustice, uneven development and exclusionism as some of the major reasons for separatist agitations and ethnic and regional tensions in most nations of the world.
- Ford Assembly Plant Berths in Lagos, to Produce 20,000 Vehicles Yearly [Guardian] Coscharis Group has unveiled its Ford assembly plant in Lekki area of Lagos. It has the capacity to produce 10,000 to 20,000 cars yearly.
- APC Using Propaganda to Cover Misrule - Jonathan [This Day] Abuja -Former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, has berated the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) administration of deploying propaganda to hoodwink Nigerians over its failings.
- Ayade Swears-in Justice Edem As Cross River Chief Judge [This Day] Calabar -Cross River State Governor, Senator Ben Ayade, thursday, swore-in Justice Michael Edem as the substantive Chief Judge of the state.
- NEC Constitutes Committee of Six Governors to Drive Industrialisation [This Day] Abuja -The National Economic Council (NEC) thursday set up a sub-committee of the Nigeria Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Advisory Council to assist the advisory body in fast-tracking industrialisation.
- Four Nigerian Bank Security Guards Allegedly Steal N4.5 Million Equipment [Premium Times] An Igbosere Magistrates' Court in Lagos on Friday fixed November 1 for trial of four bank security guards who allegedly stole bank equipment worth N4.5 million.
- Delta Records Five Suspected Cases of Monkey Pox [This Day] Asaba -Delta State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Nichols Azinge, has assured residents of the state of government's preparedness to tackle the issue of monkey pox as the state's medical 'Response Team' has been placed on red alert regarding the surveillance.
- Gas Flaring - House Probes Non Payment of Penalties, Compensation By Oil Firms [This Day] Abuja -The House of Representatives Thursday passed a motion to set up an ad-hoc committee to investigate the non-payment of penalties on gas flaring by oil companies and report back in eight weeks for further legislative action.
- PDP Chairmanship Race - Fayose Calls On South West Contenders to Reach Consensus [This Day] Ado-Ekiti -Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, has reiterated his position that those aspiring to be the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-west zone must come together and present a single candidate for the position.
- M.I Sues American Rapper, Nas, After 'Paying Him N18 Million for a Verse' [Premium Times] Nigerian rapper, M.I Abaga, and his record label, Chocolate City, are suing American rap legend, Nas, whose real name is Nasir Jones, for allegedly failing to deliver a verse they paid for.
- President Buhari Visits Mausoleum of Turkey's Founding Father [APC (Nigeria)] President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday in Ankara, the capital of Turkey, laid a wreath at the mausoleum of Turkey's founding father, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, before meeting President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at the Presidential Palace.
- We Need Each Other to Succeed, Femi Adesina Tells South East Group Rally for President Buhari [APC (Nigeria)] Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, Thursday in Abuja said every Nigerian is relevant, and will be accommodated, in the ongoing effort to reposition the country.
- Kaduna Govt 'Moves to Amend Law Prohibiting Alcohol Consumption' [Premium Times] The Kaduna state government has commenced the process of amending a section of the recently passed penal code that prohibits drinking of alcohol.
- IT News Africa: Top Stories Of The Week Another week has gone by where technology news has been dominating the headlines both across Africa and around the world. This week it was revealed that millions of South Africans have had their personal information leaked online with what has been described as the biggest data leak in South Africa history. Airbnb made the headlines [&hellip...
- A new IoT botnet storm is coming New cyber-storm clouds are gathering. Check Point Researchers have discovered that Botnets are evolving and recruiting IoT devices at a far greater pace and with more potential damage than the Mirai botnet of 2016. IoT Botnets are Internet-connected smart...
- Nigeria: NCC reject Telcos plea to regulate OTT The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) revealed on Thursday 19 October 2017 that the organisation can’t regulate Over The Top Technology (OTT) for now, refusing the telecom operators’ call that the technology be regulated in the country. The...
- Top 5 most affordable laptops for the Kenyan student Every student needs a reliable laptop to complete school assignments, research papers, and essays. Getting a laptop that is capable of all the computing needs of a student is no longer a struggle. Things to consider when buying a laptop as a student range...
- Mining and manufacturing sectors are becoming vulnerable to cyberattack South Africa’s manufacturing sector is under growing threat of cyberattack, this is according to Sean Duffy, Executive of Security Solutions for MEA at Dimension Data. The Dimension Data’s Global Threat Intelligence Report for 2017, revealed that the...
- Report highlights organisations harnessing the cloud for innovation and success A report spearheaded by HotTopics.ht and sponsored by application security and cloud company F5 Networks, has revealed the top fifty EMEA businesses innovating in the cloud. The Top 50 EMEA Cloud Climbers Report is the first study of its kind explicitly...
- Culture trumps technology when it comes to digital transformation Alongside buzzwords like “Artificial Intelligence”, “Internet of Things” and “Cloud”, digital transformation is the catch-all umbrella term that covers anything that is considered “disruptive” enough to transform an industry. Most...
- Kenyan government launches e-trade portal The Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives has launched an e-trade portal with the aim to help Kenyans interact with trade locally and internationally. The National Trade Negotiations Council (NTNC) will provide traders with rules and procedures...
- South African startup Sun Exchange raises $1.6 million in seed investment Sun Exchange, a South African startup which offers a peer-to-peer solar equipment leasing marketplace, announced on Friday 20 October 2017 that the company has raised $1.6 million in seed financing from several strategic partners to accelerate global access...
- Silver Peak’s SD-WAN solution trumps torture test Silver Peak, the global leader in broadband and hybrid WAN solutions, has announced that the company’s flagship SD-WAN solution, Unity EdgeConnect, successfully endured a series of rigorous network packet-loss resilience tests. Leading independent network...
- Interview: “It’s tough for telcos to address the African market” IT News Africa recently spoke to Rajesh Mishra, Co-Founder, President and CTO, Parallel Wireless, in an interview which looked to identify the challenges facing the African telecommunications landscape. Rajesh is the Co-Founder of Parallel Wireless, a...
- Companies who fail to innovate will not survive digital disruption We are in the midst of a major technology revolution. Digital now dominates every sector of the economy – it is reshaping industries, disrupting businesses and introducing new operating models. It is also opening up new opportunities to create jobs and...
- Africa Code Week 2017 launched in Tanzania Africa Code Week (ACW) kicked-off in Tanzania in the presence of Government officials and hundreds of pupils from surrounding areas kicking off the first series of live coding workshops. Hon. Prof. Joyce Ndalichako Tanzanian Minister of Education, Science,...
- South Africans to get home assistance app in 2018 Europ Assistance South Africa (EASA) has announced that they will launch the Homio app, which will provide consumers with direct access to reputable and peer-reviewed service providers. The Homio app and web platform will be available for customers to use in...
- Dell unveils solar powered Learning Lab in Diepsloot On Tuesday 18 October 2017, Dell unveiled the Dell Learning Lab in the South African informal settlement of Diepsloot. The lab, which is the second of its kind in the area, is located at Diepsloot Secondary School and comes in the form of a big mettle...
- Top 5 mid-range smartphones for African consumers Mobile phones have almost become somewhat of an extension of ourselves. These devices, that we rely so heavily upon, can come at quite a hefty price. Not everyone can afford the almost astronomical price that you have to pay to buy premium flagship devices...